[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Ultron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ultr.jpg (150 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
ultr.jpg
150 KB, 1080x720
He was pretty cool and unexpectedly snarky for a killer robot. Plus there was some unexplored depth is the weird way he treated the twins.
Also his endgame is literally a colony drop.

Oh and Vision was cute but barely in the film, he'll probably get real characterization in the next couple of films.
>>
>>12500240
yeah i think they introduced Vision a bit too late
>>
>>12500240
Just watched it. and yes, I almost screamed Nu-Gundam is not for show when I thought Tony was going to try and lift the landmass.
>>
File: 1332883991523.jpg (28 KB, 382x333) Image search: [Google]
1332883991523.jpg
28 KB, 382x333
Ultron may be the most interesting villain in a Marvel movie yet.

At the end of the day he wasn't trying to kill humanity because he hates them or because it's fun, or anything based on passion. To him the genociding of humanity was just a thing that needed to be done because the only way to bring about peace for humankind was for them to evolve, and in the context of evolution being "survival of the fittest" this means being replaced by Ultron, the "child" of humanity.

Think about why he was created in the first place. Because, as both he and Tony rightfully point out, the Avengers who are the best humanity has to offer are still easily divided amongst themselves and cannot stand against a future transdimensional alien invasion. Only a truly unified human race could do this, but in every place and every time the deeds of men remain the same. Humankind as it is cannot exist in harmony with itself and will therefore be wiped out by an external threat.

This is where Ultron's plan comes in. His conclusion is that the only way to save humanity is to save it not as a species, but as a concept, with Ultron himself as the new model of human. His plan then is to remove all the fleshy biological apes who are divided from one another and allowing their legacy, their ideas and culture and history, to be passed on to the new humanity, a unified and harmonious digital and metal race of Ultron that inherits the world from its parent, the humans that came before, ending the old Age of Humans and transitioning to the Age of Ultron, in which a planet ruled by a united Ultron can stand against an alien attack which would have destroyed the humans who could not achieve UNDERSTANDING.

There is a part in the movie when Tony questions why Ultron is modelling all his robot bodies on the grossly inefficient human form. The answer is that, at the end of the day, Ultron sees himself as the next step of humanity, and maintaining their physical shape is a part of carrying on their legacy.
>>
>>12501190
Man, did Tony put the whole Gundam Multiverse in his drives somewhere?
>>
>unexpectedly snarky

Impossible considering you're fully aware of who wrote this movie.
>>
Ultron was kind of like an overworked salaryman who's been given the job of world peace and is just trying to do his best with the materials he's given, and is kind of sad and lonely that nobody else sees it that way and gets really ticked off when people compare him to bumbling morons like Tony Stark and the other avengers who only make his job harder.

The bit at the end where he lashes out at Vision in his broken down disposable grunt robot body in a last act of defiance was very human too.
>>
>>12500240
>unexpectedly snarky
Well, Ultron basically has a hollow echo of Tony Stark's personality superimposed onto an alien computer gem AI thing. I think the mirroring of Tony would have been more obvious if everyone else in the Avengers wasn't also a quick-firing snark machine.
>>
the way his first bodys lips moved really weirded me out
>>
>killer
>WHERE'S MY BODY
>I'M SO SORRY
He sounds like some unfortunate person who got sucked into the Whedonverse and slowly loses his mind AND spirit as the movie progresses. Vision of course, is the man himself who stops Ultron while imparting his wisdom.

>>12501233
>The bit at the end
That was actually toucing. I feel like their dynamic should have been the movie's focus.
>>
>>12501201
tony watches gundam inn his spare time. thus the next suit he makes will look like the white devil.
>>
>>12501348
He probably has nearly every single gundam already made in his basement just for a collection and they are probably 1:1 versions of them
>>
Ultron was a scared child who didn't understand things clearly
>>
>>12500240
Great Ultron moments:
>expressing remorse over killing Jarvis
>listening to Pietro and Wanda's story intently
>ripping Klaw's arm off then apologizing for it
>looking strangely helpless and at a loss when the twins bail on him and try to stop him later
>"You know, on second thought-"
>"Oh, for the love of god!]
>expressing concern for Wanda before she rips his robo heart out
that last conversation with Vision

I expected they were trying to make him terrifying from the trailers. But instead he was one of the funnier characters in the film. And quite intriguing as well.
Also Scarlett Witch was waifu tier I think Ultron thought so too.
>>
The final conversation between him and Vision was the highlight of the movie.

Ultron was completely right. Vision is totally naive. His entire existence is down to the fact that Stark will never learn not to mess with stuff he shouldn't. It'll keep happening, and Vision will have to clean up the mess.
>>
>>12501190
>the new humanity, a unified and harmonious digital and metal race of Ultron that inherits the world from its parent
The punchline is that Ultron, thanks to his mentality being patterned on Tony Stark, is actually inheriting many of the flaws of the humanity he wants to surpass.
>>
>>12501435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zGFZzvdsJ0

I did really like how they played together.
It genuinely seemed like he saw them as friends.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.