[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 19
File: GBF_Try_poster.jpg (111 KB, 334x450) Image search: [Google]
GBF_Try_poster.jpg
111 KB, 334x450
I mean really fix it. Make it good even, maybe even as good as the first one.
>>
Abort.
>>
File: 1421814234352.jpg (195 KB, 854x746) Image search: [Google]
1421814234352.jpg
195 KB, 854x746
>>13929907
Lose the Try, make it 2v2 like Gundam Vs., it'll give more time for the fights to be higher quality instead of split into three weaker segments.

Redou Saga (or keep him accurate to episode 2 appearance) and team him up with Junya. Make them show up super early and destroy Sekai/Yuuma in pickup game, but make sure to demonstrate that they do this with overwhelming force in 1v1 engagements during the fight instead of teamwork. After this fight, gives motivation for Sekai and Yuuma to get better.

Introduce rivals earlier, make them kick Sekai's ass early as to give him motivation for growth and satisfaction to the audience to seeing him grow.

Sekai loses ability to Chicken How're You as win button, instead teach him to teamwork. Or make it less effective so that it doesn't automatically work the first time and Sekai has to figure out a way to work around an obstacle before falling back to it.

Sekai has to pilot different units to learn different styles of piloting from each of them. Heck, make him pilot a grunt and have a really difficult time so he sees that he's being carried by SSS tier Gunpla.

Fumina keeps GM or Winning is normal sized, or cut her out. Keep her as coordinator and teacher to Sekai in Gunpla building, make her a super nerd like Sei. Put her on Gurl Team with Gyanko.

Celestial Sphere loses to Crossbone in shocking twist, real final battle is settled outside of tournament.

Cut everything teasing about Sei, or cut it down.

Domon shows up earlier.
>>
>>13929907

you can't fix that fucking abomination

whoever wrote it did not understand what made GBF so great, at all
>>
Well first lets make it a balanced and not put massive focus on Sekai give each some extra plots.
Make Sekai getting good at working on Models and not just Op martial arts limit his finishers to maybe two rather than ten thousand.

Dont make Fumina a love interest for Sekai have her be the teams leader give her a plot about balancing Sekai and Yuuma DONT regulate her to support.

Have Yuuma's reason for dropping out of battle get some more focus along with his trouble with team work.

Dont have so many throw away rivals and dont hype everyone up as "A strong enemy" Some enemies are filler even the original BF realized that
Also Feature Domon as more than a last second cameo
>>
Make the teams 5v5. This way we can sell five times as many gunpla.

Completely remove the building aspect. This is a commercial for toys for children. Remember that children are too stupid to build their own toys.

Make them combine, like in super sentai. Make sure the toys can combine, but not really, and then sell a separate, pre-combined toy for those brats.

Really use that Gundam brand name. Everyone uses a Gundam. This can also help our manufacturing costs cause we can reuse the same mold for multiple toys, just with different colors and accessories.

Instead of fighting in arena tournaments, they're fighting to protect the world from aliens and demons. Kids like that. I project sales would increase tenfold by appealing to a younger demographic.

Remove the female lead and make one of the males the main character. Young children don't like it when girls are the main character.

There. A foul proof strategy that makes GBFT a commercial success.
>>
>>13930035
do you work for saban lol
>>
>>13929907

2v2 and to actually have Sekai diversify his martial arts moves by having him learn from different masters and such, instead of using the same 5 moves all over again or resorting to asspulls when his 5 moves don't work.
>>
>>13929973
>Sekai loses Chicken How're You
Okay, how about this.

In the introductory fight with Minato, he cryptically spots something in Sekai's Gunpla and backs off, allowing him to throw out one of his Jegan Haoh-Ryu moves. Sekai's snapfitted SD pretty much explodes right there on the spot, completely obliterated from the inside out. He and Fumina assume it's some insane Nils-esque secret art, much KONO PURESSHA-ing ensues, Minato calls him a fool and an amateur and leaves.

A few episodes later, we find out what really happened; a Gunpla simply can't withstand the internal stresses of Sekai's martial arts techniques, and the only reason they even work on the BB is because it's a world-class build. Still, Yuuma picks up on the fact that it's taking a tremendous amount of strain and will likely be rendered unusable with continued battles. This forces Sekai into a risk-reward style of fighting, reserving his special attacks for the absolute most optimal moments, cutting down on the stock footage spam. It also demonstrates to him how much love and care was put into the Burning originally and puts a greater emphasis on his responsibility to repair and maintain it.

During the Denial match, he snaps against Junya and reverts back to his Chicken-spamming ways, but the Build Burning collapses under the backlash and he's forced into the loser's bracket. While Yuuma struggles to fix it, Sekai trains using a Gunpla he builds himself(I imagined it as a Shining Gundam, but it could be whatever, maybe even a mook), like Reiji with the Beginning Gundam, but gets wrecked by almost everyone he fights because he's not used to being held back so harshly. This is when he meets Shia, who helps teach him how to accept the limits of his Gunpla and work within them, and assists him and Yuuma in fixing the Burning.

The tournament arc continues on, etc etc, with the Kamiki Burning at the end being his own take on the BB's design, finally able to perform Jegan How Are You properly.
>>
File: 1455155498253.jpg (496 KB, 908x952) Image search: [Google]
1455155498253.jpg
496 KB, 908x952
Keep Yuuma as a support team member who isn't a fucking snob. Have his MS show up rarely and don't let him job. Similarly, make the rest of the cast as endearing as S1's. You don't need copies of them but the others involved should be having fun.

Let Fumina keep her GM. Let her be the Master teaching her apprentice, Sekai.

Let Sekai not be some hot-blooded melee fighter. Build Knuckle was the worst part of the latter half of BF, having a whole suit based around a similar premise was not a good idea. In fact, just scrap his character premise entirely. This includes removing his sister. It can be a newcomer into gunpla entirely if you want to keep something from Sekai's character.

Keep Meijin away. He can be a background character and seen on TV or in shops on posters & cardboard cutouts, etc. But he shouldn't be involved save for an episode or two.

Ral-san and Allen should be the only returning cast members who are involved in multiple episodes. Cameos should continue, including brief appearances by characters from season 1. Like Fellini should be just nonchalantly giving some woman a gunpla in the background and then he gets hit in the back of the head by Kirara (in normal clothes) while the main characters do something.

Basically, make the entire season of Try like Try's final episode. Just make it fun and show people doing gunpla because they like it. The competition really drew out the worst and most boring elements of the series. Maybe one of the themes could be not letting competitiveness get in the way of fun? Or something like that.

I don't know, I don't make cartoons for a living. I just trade shit so I can buy more gunpla and shittalk about SEED Destiny being bad on the Internet.
>>
>no kung fu bullshit
>more cute girls with more screen time
>>
File: Dark Tournament.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Tournament.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
Just make it the Dark Tournament but with gunpla.
>>
File: was it rape.png (2 MB, 1920x1034) Image search: [Google]
was it rape.png
2 MB, 1920x1034
>One punch man
>man uses same punch over and over again
>"ebin anime of the year!!11 xD"

>build fighters try
>fighter uses variety of jigen hows
>"fukin sux"
>>
>>13930441
>one is a gag the other isn't
>>
>>13930441
One of the MCs is clearly tired of the same outcome happening every time, though.
>>
>>13930423

>Banned fighters supported by gamblers from around the world to take part in an illegal gunpla tournament set on an island near Hong Kong
>Illegal modifications
>Gunpla mafia, Gunpla triads, Gunpla yakuza, Gunpla pirates, etc
>gambling on your own matches
>prizes including rare and discontinued models, both officially licensed and after market garage stuff. Additionally tickets can be acquired for use of illegal gunpla plastic molder machines to have runners of your choice made for repairs or other uses. A whole illegal Gunpla economy spawning from the use of these tickets along with the use of Gunpla runner torrents, all of which are highly illegal as they've been stolen from Bandai's computers by hackers

Ok, now I'm really bummed we'll never get this.
>>
File: 56556566768.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
56556566768.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
Make the Renatos Sekai's mentors and have him rise up as an avenger to overthrow the false idol that is the third Meijin.
>>
I liked Fumina and Yuu more than the prince and iori.
I liked the music more (it needed more flamenco though).
I felt more feels than with the previous one.
>>
>Sekai uses several styles of martial arts based on the nations the main Gundams from G are from. >Build Burning gets equipment based on the lead G suits
>Fumina isn't a love interest. She's a gunpla nut
>Yuuma sucks
>Turn down the 00 wanking
>Make it 2v2
>Gunpla Mafia is involved
>Rivals are built up and people like Shimon actually return
>More Gundam cameos
>BF cameos are small
>Yuuki doesn't appear
>Lady appears much earlier as the goal for Fumina
>Zaku team is gone

Meh, I'd go into detail but I have to run.
>>
Just make strong interesting characters. Ive lost count of how many times I said it and it's bordering on copy pasta at this point but Build Knuckle was forgivable because the characters around it where interesting

We wanted to see Aila break away from being used

We wanted to see what happened with the Feleni fight because we liked him and understood his prider as a sportsman and why he'd want to fight Reiji and Sei for real

We saw Nills transition as someone who came to love the time and effort he spent on his Astray and where curious about the mysterious he wanted to uncover

Even something as simple as the friendship the heroes formed with Mao where engaging

Try's problem is that outside the heroes the other characters where only ever set up to lose and make Sekai look super special awesome.

Look at how BF ended. EVERYONE joined forces at the end and got to be awesome heroes and save the day through their love of gunpla
>>
and then there's the matter of there's nothing at stake in TRY. What happened if Try fighters lose? fucking nothing, that's what.

But BF had a central, well "villain" may be a strong term but there was a foe for the heroes to overcome. There where trials constantly be tossed at them and we wanted to see them triumph over it. We wanted to see this guy get what was coming to him.

Hell even if he was an idiot his own motivations where interesting in themselves. He was driven by his own fears and ended up causing the very thing he was scared of by his own actions. That's actually kind of compelling in it's own way.

It's not a complicated show but the characters saved it and that's where TRY fell short. Minato, Gyanko,Simon, Slegger, Slegger's girlfriend whose name I forget could have filled the supporting roles well if they where allowed too. But they weren't.

Fuck Minato somehow, by accident got more development in 3 episodes then all the heroes did in the whole show combined.
>>
>No Kung Fu or beam slicing Katanas
>no G or Turn A shits, Bearguys and BB Senshi gunplas
>realistic power levels (example : Jegans couldn't easily slice a Devil Gundam)
>Not view battles between faceless / unnamed grunts (such as Freedom vs Dijeh)
>Use Yuuma instead Reiji and a random EZ SR pilot instead Kamiki
>Use commonly 00 type gunpla, also featuring AGE and G-Reco gunpla
>Much more strategy (Just like more focused GM Sniper K9 or EZ SR battles)
-Use Gunpla Builders as a prequel OVA and focus its VR cockpit based control setting. Use Gunpla Builders characters are rivals or supporters at Build Fighters/TRY. Use Boris Schauer as Tatsuya Yuuki's master or captain
>Re-edit all characters backgrounds, especially Aila and Mao
>Use EZ SR instead Build Burning and Crossbone Maoh/Build Gundam MK II instead Build Strike
>Use Powered GM Cardigan as Fumina's main mecha.
>>
Fumina giving up the GM Cardigan for an SD was when I knew shit was gonna go south, so let's start with that never happening
>>
>>13929907
the sequel follows Sei and not all those fucking whos in OP pic
>>
>>13929907
An extra 6 months - a year of pre-production time. Easy.
>>
File: what.jpg (12 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
12 KB, 426x304
>>13931431
>realistic power levels (example : Jegans couldn't easily slice a Devil Gundam)
Wait, what the fuck? You want realistic power levels? No fucking way. There's an entire group of fights that work because they show focused on build and skill over power levels, like that Jegan vs. Devil Gundam fight was great because it was a fucking Jegan taking down a Devil Gundam

With your logic, shit like Build Strike vs. Zaku Amazing wouldn't have happened.
>>
Wasn't as good as the first series but I liked it.
>>
Sekai is gay, he pilots the Build Boning Gundam. However the only way he can get close to people without them rejecting him is by using martial arts as a pretense to feel the touch of another person. He often ends up as the target of many girls' affections but pretends he doesn't notice for fear of them finding out his secret. Sekai falls in love with another boy at first sight and calls him his "rival" in order to spend more time with him, roping the team into a series of battles that could destroy their self-esteem and gunpla alike.
Yuuma wants to become a woman, so he uses a transformable Gundam. His story is about his relationship with Minato. Minato calls him a "fake" and says that Yuuma cannot understand the "passion" of love as a faker, but feelings blossom between the two as Minato overcomes his prejudice and sees Yuuma for what he wants to be.
Fumina is a morbidly obese girl looking to be accepted but is constantly haunted by her own self doubt, which shows in her Gunpla and fighting abilities. Choosing to build large, heavy gunpla like the MC Donaldgan and keeping herself out of game-changing positions with the Whining Gundam hurts the team but the only way to get her to be a helpful member is for her to realize that beauty comes in every size.

How will these three unique individuals come together and win the tournament? And more importantly, can they learn to overcome the oppression they face to find happiness?

SOCIAL BUILD WARRIORS - JUSTICE TEAM
>>
>>13930449
both of them are comedies senpai
>>
The entire series is focused on two boys playing with gunpla and Fumina's ass is the battlefield (which in their minds is a valley between two mountains).
>>
>>13930638

I agree.

They teach Sekai how people having "fun" with their gunplas are retarded and that it's a war.

Then they build Durandal's Requiem and give it to Sekai who one shots everyone while he laughs a la Heero.
>>
>>13929907
Make it fanservice-heavy on Fumina.
>>
File: Raidou.jpg (225 KB, 3532x687) Image search: [Google]
Raidou.jpg
225 KB, 3532x687
>>13930423
>>
No 00 suits allowed
2v2 with a focus on sekai and blue zeta kid becoming friends with yellow SD girl as a sort of mediator between their arguements
No jegan howre you, he punches people normally instead and the burning punches are a special function of the gunpla not his techniques
The crossbone full cloth beats the transient team and sekai never faces them in the tournament, after beating denial he takes on crossbone in the finals and beats him with edgy guys technique
In the fight against denial gundam he uses skills and gunpla parts from all his friends like boxing from shinon etc, showing that friendship always triumphs over edginess (good message for the kids)
>>13931431
>Jegans couldnt easily slice a devil gundam
Its a plastic devil gundam anon
There is literally no difference in power between any ms in GBF (except 00 suits lol)
>>
File: 1456639615640.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456639615640.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
Get Hino to fix it
>>
File: 1456640256358.jpg (55 KB, 600x556) Image search: [Google]
1456640256358.jpg
55 KB, 600x556
>>13932315
>>
>>13929907
I wonder if the Kamiki Burning's design arrived late so they have to make-do with Try Burning
>>
>>13929907
Fuck it, I'll give it a shot.
Sekai doesn't know how to apply Chicken How're You to the Build Burning until about halfway through the show, or at least it's not autowin.
More teamwork.
Take out the -17 age limit.
Make more modded gunpla of existing suits instead of complete new builds. Like god damn, how can fucking middle schoolers be this good at plamo to the point where they can essentially build something from scratch.
Give Sekai some fucking character development. Like Reiji at first gave 0 fucks about gunpla but came around to it and learned how fucking cool the whole thing is. Sekai never stops using it as an outlet for martial arts and never cares about gunpla.
Come to think about it, give everyone some more development that isn't just "I'm gonna resolve to beat that guy who called me bad".
Give the returning characters some action. Not fucking Nils saying "I could show you how cool I am, but I won't because I know too much". There could have been potential to give one of the fighters an idea on a gunpla, but no.
Have some driving sidestory or plot that isn't just the Sekaibowl. GBF had several, such as what is Aristan? Why does the chairman hate Reiji so much? What is the Plavsky particle and why is Reiji connected to it? It's boring as fuck when the only goal is to win nationals. Not even the fucking world championships, just nationals. What happens when you win Nats? Just give up and call it a day? GBF finished up nats by episode 7 and Sei had the goal of being the number 1 builder.
>>
>>13929907
Bring back Alice
Give her Ex-S Gundam
Make her the MC
>>
>>13931704
>having some light hearted jokes in an action series is the same as being _A comedy_
>>
I'm a 00fag, and I disliked all the 00 jerking.
>>
File: Nosenseofromance.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Nosenseofromance.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>13929907
Make Minato the MC.
>>
>>13929907
fumina as mc.
scrap the other sidekicks.
fumina continues honing her gm skills.
>>
Split the show into three groups of two: Fumina/Gyanko, Yuuma/Minato, and Sekai/Shia.

Most of the focus is on the former two, with the first pair covering the Gundam fanservice (Fumina is a huge Feddie fan, Gyanko is herself) and the second focusing more on the building aspect (Yuuma loves clean builds, Minato loves flashy and cool looking things that aren't quite polished). After initial conflict, both groups eventually decide to team up for the big tournament and learn to compromise: Fumina and Gyanko fuse their kits together into a Reborns style GM/Gyan, while Yuuma and Minato pick out a design that is both clean and a completely crazy build: a fully transforming Unicorn. Incidentally the latter is only capable of transforming 3 times before the joints break because that's always nice for drama.

Meanwhile Sekai/Shia don't have as much focus because they'll pretty much just be Reiji and Sei again; prodigy builder happens upon prodigy fighter, and they hit it off immediately. They're mostly just there to offset whatever drama the other two groups are going through that week and are in it to have fun, with winning second. Also weekly segments where Shia gives building tips to Sekai. Sekai never gets a dedicated machine, he just pilots whatever the hell Shia builds that week. Midway through Shia's brother shows up, and turns out to be a huge siscon who can't stand the fact that his sister is hanging out with a guy. He declares himself Sekai's RIVAL and Sekai has no idea what he's talking about but hey he's up for a fight. Shia is just laughing the entire time.

The main plot is all three groups going through the national tournament. I'm not actually sure who I'd want to win between Fumina/Gyanko or Sekai/Shia, but Yuuma/Minato would definitely decide to suicide the Unicorn by transforming a 4th time rather than stand down and keep their kit.

Final battle is an exhibition match between all three groups and MEIJIN KAWAGUCHI.
>>
>>13932574
Also the Build Burning's purpose would be totally reworked. Sei left the thing with the club as a practice kit, and its gimmick is that it can literally materialize any weapon it wants solely through Plavsky Particles. Anyone can use it, but nobody is actually capable of handling it. And nobody ever decides to steal it, out of respect for Sei's wish that only a person who can truly handle the Build Burning (*cough* Reiji *cough*) should have it.

All three of the original MCs will eventually end up using the Build Burning at some point, and Fumina and Yuuma get inspired by it in some fashion. Sekai uses it last, and like in the actual show can pilot it right off the bat. It's absolutely perfect for him, lets him use all of his martial arts, and dominates the enemy of the week... but Sekai will refuse it when he's offered it at the end of the episode because he can tell it wasn't built for him. He adds that there's only one person whose kits he'll pilot anyway, and whatever he says next is cut off by the sound of shippers across the world squealing.

The Build Burning makes its last appearance at the end of the show, next to a picture of everyone.
>>
>>13932599
Why did Sekai keep the Build Burning anyway? I thought he's a "muh honor" type of person. Sei did gave it to him eventually but it was waaaaay near the end.
>>
>>13929907
-Contrary to what the majority of /m/ thinks, retain the team battles, just make it more like Zoids NC0 where each team member actually pulls their own weight and shows veteran skill.

-Like >>13929973 said. Redo Saga and pair him with Junya. Top their team off with an edgelord counterpart to Fumina so it feels complete. In addition, reveal that they're being sponsored by Barthes to drive home just how evil they're supposed to be.

-Establish Lucas early on and have him scout Simon as a potential team member. This sets up a rematch between him and Sekai while Fumina and Yuuma struggle with Lucas.

-Replace Mr.Ral with Domon. I like Ramba, but dude was poorly utilized and his seiyuu is old as dirt anyway, so let the man retire in peace.

-Remove the Renato Triplets or give them something other than their pug-fugly SDs.

-Remove Wilfred and Shia. They are boring as fuck and completely unnecessary.

-Actually maintain the Placebo/Nocebo effect of assimilation and make Sekai hurt real bad during the main tournament, with each injury getting worse after every round, culminating in the final match where they beat their rivals, but Sekai is too injured to keep using Jegan How are you as his main fighting style anymore. Junya is in even worse condition as going all out and ignoring his injuries for so many matches has crippled him for life.

-Epilogue after the tournament is exactly the same as the final episode, only with a bit more sadness as Fumina and Yuuma regret that Sekai couldn't be there to see Yuuma win the modeller's competition. They get an exhibition match against Meijin and Lady and feel incomplete without Sekai, who shows up to spectate and cheer them on, telling them that even if he's not fighting alongside them, they're still a team no matter what, giving Yuuma and Fumina the confidence they need to continue fighting. They still lose, but it's all in good fun.
>>
>>13932574
>>13932599
i would enjoy watching this
>>
File: 1419736593100.jpg (921 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1419736593100.jpg
921 KB, 1920x1200
>>13929907
Make is straight porn.
>>
>>13929907
>as good as the first one
A mediocre kids' show? They already managed that.
>>
>>13932985
>male:dilf
Fucking NO. Fuck nips with their old fat man doing the fucking garbage. It makes me drop doujins frequently.
>>
>>13929907
Remove Assimilation.
Focus the fight choreagraphy around team work with less chicken howl.
>>
It would help if Sekai actually used martial arts instead of a vague punch move that translates nicely to Shoryuken when it comes to Gunpla. Unlike Star Build Strike, the Burning didn't have any other weapons to mix it up with when it's not using one of its special moves.

Or, well, Sekai happening to wreck all of the club's kits until Fumina and Yuuya pool their expertise to help him build a kit that doesn't crack its own hand polycaps after every round. He needs a few "initiative scenes", eg. Build Burning forms a wall of fire to block ranged fire, Sekai actively dodging fire rather than trying to tank it, some hand-to-hand with opponents, maybe a reversal or two; nothing decisive, but these scenes would go a long way to making him seem a lot more competent as a pilot even if the plot stayed the same. Most of the time on-screen he plays as an initiator, but the Build Burning and subsequent upgrades never even give him the 5-second trick shot needed for most initiator-type playstyles/characters to charge into the midst of the enemy to disrupt and destroy without getting facewalled half of the way there.

Also I thought Transient's double lances were too excessive for the 00-based design. One double-headed lance would have a lot of potential for good fight scenes, but two's one too many.
>>
>>13930035
>female lead

but Sekai was the main character
>>
File: 1307141769088.jpg (65 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1307141769088.jpg
65 KB, 500x499
You want my fan fiction'd nonsense, okay then

1) 2v2 battles
2) Break up the band Yuuma goes to gunpla academy his partner is Shia. Throw some bullshit out about her recruiting him for his building skill and giving him a chance to overcome Adou. Fumina still recruits Sekai.
3) If we're doing martial arts protagiist. Get Domon in it before a cameo in the Last episode. He can be the Ral Character. Give zero explanation why Sekai's master is great at gundam keep it a joke.
4) Make Mejin team Shia-Yuuma's mentor to counter Domon.
5) Follow both plot lines throw the show we now have two protagonists. One who celebrates the skill of gunpla build while the other celebrates the fun of battling.
6) Introduce Shia and Sekai at gunpla camp before the tournament.
7)Find Fuumina a real rival. We can easily get a Story lines about Shia vs Her brother and Yuuma vs Andou add in minato at some point. Along with a story lines sekai story lines with Junya, and Sleggar Jr. on the other end. Gyanko just doesn't cut it.
8) Somehow have the teams flip in the after tournament fun episode. Shia/Sekai vs Fuina/Yuuma. Showing both skill building and fun loving gunpla battles styles are best together. Along with more importantly showing Fumina and Yuma are friends still.
>>
>>13932797
Pretty much everything about the Build Burning doesn't make any sense. It and Sekai are in general the worst aspects of the show.
>>
>>13932841
Thanks! I've spent far too much time thinking about how I'd like Try to have been.
>>
>>13929907
The worst part of the show is that they show domon in the OP like he's a character, but he not once appears.
>>
Replace all the male characters with female ones. Have them sing and do other cute stuff like drink tea and eat cake 90% of every episode. Have the stakes be that their school is being shut down so they have to win the Gunpla tournament to stop the school from being shut down.

And then like, one of the characters could be a formal Gunpla tourny winner who's not doing gunpla anymore but she doesn't like the new gunpla club cause they're all amateurs who don't know what they're doing and she plays with them once and she's won over by their idol spirit and joins the gunpla idol club.

And then the student body council president doesn't like the new gunpla club either cause they're small time unlike her gunpla club in Russia cause she's from Russia but she's a full blooded Japanese except she was raised in Russia and went to a Russian Gunpla tournament but couldn't compete in the finals cause her dad moved back to Japan and took her with him. And then she plays gunpla battle with them once and she's won over by their gunpla spirit and joins the club.

And then the idols go to the gunpla tournament and score a grand slam field goal and win the stanley cup and save their school from being shut down. At least until the movie, where they learn their school is still being shut down unless they win another tournament.
>>
Will Grecofags ever stop being jealous?
>>
>>13934639
Will /m/ ever be hard to bait?
>>
>>13934639
Why would G-Reco fans be jealous of Try of all things?
>>
>ITT: essay fanfics with no replies or (you)
>>
>>13934658
White Base will never run out of salt thanks to /m/.
>>
>>13934678
I got that reference.gif
>>
File: 1407034165007.gif (131 KB, 478x329) Image search: [Google]
1407034165007.gif
131 KB, 478x329
>>13934677
All that means is that they fucked up this show so hard that literally anyone can come up with a better idea.
>>
>>13930441
>man uses same punch over and over again

Pretty sure OPM barely has any stock footage, and even if it does its still better animated than anything in GBFT
>>
>>13929907
I'll make a shot at this.

1. Remove the stock footage finishers and kick out the execs who demanded it.
2. Screw it, just remove all interaction from any execs. Their "Our way is right and you have no choice, but if this fails it's your fault" attitude is the cancer of many shows, GBFT included.
3. FIX THE PACING. GBFT is a chain of short term goals with a lot of "Where do we go from here?" and "Who do we fight next?". Set a solid goal to go to the World tournament. (I agree with the idea that the u-17 restriction needs to be removed) Characters need to be introduced sooner and proper rivalries need to be established early.
4. Remove the assimilation thing, It's not needed.
5. 3v3 teams could work, but the battle arrangements would need to be planned better.
6. BRING BACK ACTUAL BUILDING. Put scenes where friends (or even rivals!) sit at a table and chat as they work on their hobbies.
>>
File: 1390222536487.jpg (569 KB, 684x5000) Image search: [Google]
1390222536487.jpg
569 KB, 684x5000
There's a lot I would change but I really need to emphasize that decision to have an Under-17 only thing needed to fucking go. GBF had people of all ages and all nationalities involved and some of the big rivals and people we rooted for were the older people. Having older people in GBF, especially veteren fighters, had this idea that there was still another level be reached even past the point where Sei and Reiji could win the tournament. By restricting to to teens and kids only, you're literally cutting out an entire group that was prevalent in the original series along with said teens and kids

Where the fuck could we get a moment like this in Try?

Also I'm surprised nobody has said "put back more Gundam lore sight gags and jokes". That was a good third of the charm of the original GBF of "What will they reference today/what character will show up/what quote will they say". It was part of the fun
>>
I can fix BFT in literally three steps.

1) Make it a 2v2 with the format being more like YuGiOh or Medabots. In the beginning contestants fight either 2v2 or 1v1 for points to rank high enough to place in the nationals, and full-on 2v2 and GBF1-style event battles like free for all are saved for the real tournament

2) Remove all connection to S1. You can keep Sekai and Build Burning, but it's something he made himself. Yuuma isn't China's brother, he's just some guy. Meijin and Ral are either out or get only cameos. Leave their fates up to speculation instead of running them all into the ground.

3) Instead of Sekai/Yuuma/Fumina the main characters are Fumina/Minato.
>>
>>13932358
its an action comedy why would anyone watch tri or the original build fighters for any other reason?
>>
>>13930262
I fucking spewed my water all over my monitor upon seeing this image
>>
Actually have a story beyond >muh tournament
Inb4 "but it's a tournament shounen anime!" so was YuGiOh, but Yugi and co had reasons to go beat Pegasus, and Kaiba had reasons to be all salty at Yugi. In TRY the rivals and the baddies just kinda turn up towards the end, and Sekai even says "YOU ARE MY RIVAL OKAY" because the whole thing was just that flimsy. They at least had Minato who they COULD have made epic, but they turned him into a sideshow because they're fuckin stupid i dunno
>>
There are many possible solutions. However, I believe that there is one thing that is absolutely necessary as a first step.

1: Remove Sekai
>>
>>13932348
>Make more modded gunpla of existing suits instead of complete new builds. Like god damn, how can fucking middle schoolers be this good at plamo to the point where they can essentially build something from scratch.
This. I'm to believe actual children like Fumina and Sekai are able to
1. Build a compete custom Gunpla with nothing but maybe a shell, emphasis on maybe because some characters don't even have that. The Winning Gundam was her OC featuring her own booster transformation gimmick and weapons, as well as making every part of her SD a weapons booster. The Star Winning is an even worse offender because not only does it keep the weapons booster and everything bullshit about Winning, but it can now transform into a RM Gundam meaning she had to somehow engineer all those polycaps and parts into the SD, as well as having new jack of all trades shurikens which she also built from scratch.
All of this without having unique parts or anything. That's just fucking retarded. At least Sei's magic building skills can be explained because his family owns a hobby shop so he's probably been building since he was 3.

2. Have a deep understanding of the Plavsky Particle, matching Nils "3 PHDs super boy" Nielson.

3. "Assimilate" with their plastic toy.
>>
File: 7060658550.jpg (22 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
7060658550.jpg
22 KB, 400x224
>>13930423
>>13930456
>>
>>13929907

Try's biggest flaw was that it lacked a story thread that transcended the tournament itself. BF had the mystery of Reiji and the whole deal with the Chairman and the particles. What Try should have done was made Junya the real overarching villain of the series. He should have been the one to have wrecked young Yuuma, and for shits and giggles he should have stolen the Denial from the Gunpla Academy, to give them a more personal reason to fight him. There needed to be more emotional weight to the fights beyond just the pursuit of victory.
>>
>>13935035
this mostly,try felt like it had a bunch of suits who had never seen gundam behind it,BF had more tongue in cheek references that let you know actual fans worked on the project.
On top of that it overall had more spirit
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.