[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the Archangel and co were so adamant at defending Djibril
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: latest[1].png (200 KB, 637x361) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
200 KB, 637x361
How come the Archangel and co were so adamant at defending Djibril and the other niggers, when they keep pulling shit like this?

The rancid Naturals deserved everything they got.
>>
>>13893363
They were fighting to keep ZAFT from occupying Orb.
The trouble is that even if you can see ZAFT as using Djibril as a pretense to invade Orb, it doesn't change the fact he's escaped, and is extremely dangerous, and nobody at Orb thinks of looking for him until Cagaili gets kicked off the battlefield. At no point during the battle does anyone try to call it off to look at the bigger picture, and even something as simple as that would easily get Orb off the hook in this situation

Hell, you could argue that Orb is complicit in that once he arrived, nobody thought of just taking him down anyway for the good of everyone, and just sat by doing nothing, because "they had orders" and the Jonas were in this guy's pocket.
When you think about it harder, it's a battle to defend the mass murderer rather than Orb's freedoms.

Meta-wise, they needed to have a battle where Strike Freedom and I-Justice do something other than beat up grunts, so they drummed up a poorly written storyline to do it.

This isn't a good series.
>>
The coordinators are failed, infertile race and Azrael and Djibril did nothing wrong.
>>
idk maybe you could pay attention next time you watch the show instead of listening to the dub in the background while you masturbate or whatever the kids do these days.
>>
File: 1440090013886.jpg (79 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1440090013886.jpg
79 KB, 640x360
>>13893363
Because they only cared about Orb and "MUH FREEDOMS".

Even if ZAFT and Earth suffered prolonged periods of genocide and war as a result of their actions, it doesn't matter to the Archangel crew as long as they and their pals get to retire on their cozy little island.

Cross Ange pulled the same thing. The MC's modus operandi eventually amounted to little more than "everyone else can kill each other, I'm just gonna retire on this island".

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a Fukuda thing. His post-Dendoh MCs tend to be a bunch of selfish assholes who'd doom the rest of humanity for their own benefit. We used to call those types "villains".
>>
>>13895242
I really loved how people on Twitter were pointing out Ange doomed humanity and then fucked off, only for Fukuda to pull something out of his ass so his shitty show keeps it's happy ending. "Oh, Jasmine checks in on humanity from time to time" my ass.

It's kinda funny how Kira's resolve and development turned him into a naive version of Celestial Being. His development ends where theirs begins. Shows how much Fukuda sucks at character development.
>>
>>13895242
>We used to call those types "villains".
Anon, People have been using the tern Antihero since the 1700's.
>>
I don't understand these colony designs.

Why have the habitable parts only at the ends>
>>
File: seed colony.png (41 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
seed colony.png
41 KB, 819x460
>>13895373
It's a shitty design. They're also supposed to spin, but they forgot to animate it in seed.
>>
>>13895242
>>13895293
At least the Norma had good reason to fuck off and not care whatever happened to the filthy humans. They never claimed to be heroes in the first place. If anything, having Jasmine say she checked onto them from time to time makes no sense. Why would they care? There's absolutely no reason for them to get worried to whatever happens to the Mananiggers.

>tfw I actually used Cross Ange as a positive counterpart
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>13895647
The Norma knew the manafags' actions were the result of propaganda, brainwashing and even outright mind-rape.

The entirety of their society was constructed such that Norma hating was literally a requirement for not being the victim of a "commie hunt."

Ange herself was just as bigoted before her imprisonment (norma baby, anyone?), which shows that each of the Norma wouldn't have been any different had they simply been born a manafag.

For them to abandon an entire humanity who were all just powerless victims of the circumstances Embryo stuck them with, that's not so much failing to be heroic as it is failing to have a basic sense of human decency.

The irony is that they actually wound up proving the manafags right. In the end, when the world needed them most, the Norma really did turn out to be selfish subhuman beasts.
>>
>>13895397
You wouldn't be able to visibly see the movement, anon.
>>
>>13896010
>In the end, when the world needed them most, the Norma really did turn out to be selfish subhuman beasts.
Oh please.

Stopping the convergence was enough of a favor already. They could have given no fucks, and just joined Embryo's scheme if they had wanted. But they actually bothered to stop the event. Whatever happened after was up to the Manaspics.
>>
File: RotationSpeedOfCentrifuge.svg.png (77 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
RotationSpeedOfCentrifuge.svg.png
77 KB, 1024x683
>>13896016
Even blown up to the size of colonies you would still be able to see it. Otherwise you just wouldn't have the velocity to maintain proper gravity.
>>
>>13893363
Because they were one-note "STOP FIGHTING" peaceniks. These are the same people who intervened in a battle between "the ship that saved the world" and an entire fucking earth fleet, and proceeded to strip the ship that was all on its own of its only remaining defenses. Because weapons are bad, mkay, go home!

( Nevermind that the ship they just disarmed is stuck on a planet trying to kill them. )

Honestly, Fukuda just fails so hard at race wars. I don't know if he's purposely trying to make differences between the sides seem silly and inconsequential or if he (or his writers) are just hilariously bad at portraying it. We start off SEED making Coordinators disproportionately talented but that quickly falls away when almost their entire roster of presented pilots end up just as terrible at life as any Natural. Outside of Kira being flawless or Lacus being some kind of prophet every other Coordinator ends up failing miserably.

The Norma/Human thing is better in some ways and way worse in others. At least there the how and why of people throwing shitfits because someone was mana inept had some actual design to it beyond muh purity, but it made it even more retarded when, presented with either no mana or a reasonable explanation of why shit was what it was, they blindly clung to "But you're a MONSTER!". In some ways that justifies Ange's opting to just leave them to their fates but it's also just incredibly lazy writing.
>>
>>13896069
>but it made it even more retarded when, presented with either no mana or a reasonable explanation of why shit was what it was, they blindly clung to "But you're a MONSTER!".

They say why in-show, Embryo pre-programs mana users more or less blindly faithful to whatever he decides is the truth.
>>
>>13896016
>>13896058
>You wouldn't be able to visibly see the movement, anon.
Neither would you in the UC, yet they still animated that as a representation of gravity. Fucking hell, even SEED animated Heliopolis. Why they couldn't make an effort and animate the hourglasses?
>>
>>13896285
>they should animate a thing that doesn't happen because this other thing did it in error because UC is always right even when it's wrong
If only we could convert the autism of UCfags into energy to power our cities.
>>
>>13896293
>because this other thing did it in error
It's called creative license. The production knew perfectly well that an Island 3 colony wouldn't have such a fast rotation.

It wasn't an "error", dumbass. Also, you're condemming SEED as well, since they animated Heliopolis in the same manner.
>>
>>13896023
Embryo wanted to wipe Normas and DRAGONs out as well.
Joining him and surviving was ultimately not an option for anyone.
>>
File: 1454600402885.gif (511 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1454600402885.gif
511 KB, 480x270
>>13896383
>Embryo wanted to wipe Normas and DRAGONs out as well.
>Joining him and surviving was ultimately not an option for anyone.

He was willing to spare his harem.

They all just had to undress and bend over.
>>
File: my sides.jpg (50 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
50 KB, 1024x576
>>13896431
He wanted them dead as well.
>>
>>13896383
>>13896431
>>13896466
He was going to wipe out anyone who wasn't a female who sucked his dick. Salia, Chris and Ersha and the other two useless ones would've been spared and used to make the new race, had they not double-crossed him at the very end. He outright says this.

On the other hand, Jill was both useless and a big danger to him, since he knew well-enough she was not to be trusted. And goddamn, Jill's death was probably one of the worst scenes in the whole show in terms of how badly directed it was.
>>
>>13896488
>had they not double-crossed him at the very end. He outright says this.

What are you talking about?
He wanted them dead despite their loyalty to him.
>>
>>13896572
>implying Embryo couldn't kill a pantsless woman bent over his knee

Now that's what I call shitposting.
>>
>>13896822
He did.
Embryo became a failure.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.