[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was mecha almost always explode when destroyed? Did any show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1455294348089.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455294348089.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Why was mecha almost always explode when destroyed? Did any show or game do the equivalent of this webm?
>>
>>13871158
Mechs are full of tons of super science fuel that explodes really well.
>>
>>13871402
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as a Mech, is in fact, メカニカル, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Mecha. Mecha is not a genre unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning concept made manifest by the existence of vehicles, military equipment and of course, robots, comprising a full concept as defined by MAHQ.

Many posters use a modified definition of the メカニカル term every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of メカニカル which is widely used today is often called Mech, and many of its posters are not aware that it is basically the Robotech term, developed by Harmony Gold.
>>
>>13871158
Patlabor. They wouldn't be very good police officers if their perps exploded.
>>
>>13871407
>and many of its posters are not aware that it is basically the Robotech term, developed by Harmony Gold.
Are you a Harmony Gold shill? Am I being sued?
>>
>>13871158
MS in IBO doesn't explode

sometimes if slashed on the right place even with beam saber, it somehow prevents it from exploding, like in Victory and Unicorn
>>
>>13871417
I'll sue you if you keep using the wrong name for mecha
>>
>>13871158
It's generally the reactor blowing up so it does so in a big a way.

It also makes it so they don't have to draw/animate the wrecks.
>>
>>13871158
MS in Gundam 0080 are pretty good at not exploding.
>>
>>13871158

I'm pretty sure Argevollen and FMP ones only sometimes explode
>>
>>13871446
Every one of the grunt mecha in Argevollen would explode after taking a couple bullets that did no visible damage. The only time they didn't was when the pilots were killed by knives to the cockpit.
>>
>>13871158
It's because they didn't want to pay a crew to remove it if it fails
>>
>>13871417
>Are you a Harmony Gold shill? Am I being sued?
Relax, it's bait pasta I made not even a day ago.

Look up the Stallman pasta.

The request was for Battletech (the people I believe that are actually accredited with the term, not Robotech, but the meme was too dank. I think Robotech actually uses mecha, but I can't remember for certain.
>>
>>13871158
Because its much cheaper to animate the mech turning into a giant purple ball than it is to show wreckage flying around and bits and pieces within the body flaring up as it goes limp
>>
>>13871158
Exploding or not exploding happens in spades in the series I watch. Sometimes a machine'll explode, other times it's just trashed, other times you get gratituous metal gore.

Off the top of my head Dougram, Xabungle, and Big O had robot gore and explosions.
>>
What the actual fuck is up with all this ESL?
>>
>>13874187
Its probably just ESL guy who makes all those Eureka 7 threads
>>
>>13871158
Break Blade did a great job on damaging.
>>
>>13871158
That one episode in Turn-A where that one guy with the weird GM gets Bernie'd.
>>
Gundam IBO does this.
>>
>>13871418
>>13874272
Except it isn't. Say anything, it still exploding.
>>
File: Muv-Luv-Altrenative-5.png (1 MB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
Muv-Luv-Altrenative-5.png
1 MB, 1024x600
>>13871158
Sometimes i wish they did explode
>>
>>13874647
I think it depends on where they are hit.

Hit the propellant tanks and such would probably cause an explosion or two.

Shoving a sword through the cockpit of a MS, not so much.
>>
>>13874662
Same thing can be said to other Gundam show.
the differences is the "bullet" in other show is superheated plasma that can activate chemical reaction better than physical bullet, so it make sense if there is more chance of explosion in other show than in most recent one.

actually I can say propellant in MS usually using water and physical bullet can't make it explode, but I want to defend Other Gundam show, not shitting IBO
>>
>>13874181
This.

As a rule, if a mech doesn't explode it's usually in the interests of dramatic effect or so it can be salvaged/recycled for later.

Having said that, Victory Gundam and Turn A Gundam both have some dramatic effect versions of this. In fact, the Turn A one is kind of disturbing because most of the machine is still intact, and it's only when they get closer that they realize that pilot is dead as fuck.
>>
>>13871158

These's always Rahxephon.
>>
>>13871158
In Armored Core 4, NEXTs don't explode, they just sort of...stop. I always assumed it was some kind of safety feature to prevent Kojima radiation leakage.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.