[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MN9 delayed for a third time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: 1453880243389[1].jpg (136 KB, 870x870) Image search: [Google]
1453880243389[1].jpg
136 KB, 870x870
>MN9 delayed for a third time
>>
>>13809870
Now you know how Colossal Kaiju Combat folks feel.
>>
Still beats being outright cancelled.
>Archie Mega Man comic on "hiatus" because of that stupid Archie reboot Kickstarter failure
>Ian Flynn still had plans established for what would come next
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2016/1/23/tmmn-presents-the-archie-mega-man-post-mortem-ian-flynn-terview
>>
File: 1446061126330[1].png (330 KB, 1309x1064) Image search: [Google]
1446061126330[1].png
330 KB, 1309x1064
>>13809870

Inafune exaggerated his role in the creation of mega Man. Akira Kitamura made Mega Man. Inafune just did the art for the cover, title screen and manual. I'm not saying he had no role in Mega Man (he did create Zero after all), but he became "the guy" associated with Mega Man, like he was the one personally behind it all.

He then road the coat tails of his association with MM to millions of dollars.

But there's a lot of evidence he's pretty incompetent as a game producer. The MN9 project seems really mismanaged. The people making it, including director Koji Imaeda have zero experience with 2D platformers.

They were too ambitious. They want to release on every single platform ever, which likely eats up huge amounts of money and time. The weakest console, 3DS acts as a huge bottleneck for the game.

Inafune's trying to launch a multi-media empire before he has the game. You release the game first, then build up slowly from there as you get the growing fanbase. MM's fanbase was not created over night.

The graphics are real shit too. Beck's design is pretty good in art. In game model he looks like some kind of rodent-man with chubby cheeks.

The entire project needed a serious KISS approach. There's doujin MM clones like Rozenkruzestillete that are simple, low budget, and fun. They're coming to Steam in Spring so be sure to pick those up.
>>
File: 1453808210393[1].png (90 KB, 401x519) Image search: [Google]
1453808210393[1].png
90 KB, 401x519
>>
File: 1453888214403[1].jpg (40 KB, 630x240) Image search: [Google]
1453888214403[1].jpg
40 KB, 630x240
>>13809911

One of the features was the ability, a bit like Kirby to have abilities of enemies. You'd transform into them. This was scrapped. Instead you get abilities just from bosses like in standard MM games.
>>
File: 1447242825021[1].jpg (178 KB, 825x886) Image search: [Google]
1447242825021[1].jpg
178 KB, 825x886
>>
I feel no pity for you
>>
File: 1447672244247[1].png (370 KB, 456x481) Image search: [Google]
1447672244247[1].png
370 KB, 456x481
>>13809931

Inafune's pissed away any good will he had.

People were on his side after he left Capcom. Not anymore.
>>
File: 1453676622258[1].png (912 KB, 1280x1110) Image search: [Google]
1453676622258[1].png
912 KB, 1280x1110
>>
Why is it that there's only like 3 good games funded by Kickstarter?
>>
>>13810032

It benefits people who over hype their games, promise more than they can deliver, or rely upon nostalgia.

You don't have to have a realistic gameplan, or even experience running a large project. Mismanagement is rife.
>>
>>13810032
>>13810049
It doesn't help that most don't fund their projects by themselves (like the Ghost Police guy) to Kickstart for extras instead. On the bright side, some projects seem to go smoothly for the most part and occasionally have either official backing or experienced people that know what they're doing.

Of course, regardless of the circumstances, people will complain when the projects inevitably take a lot of time to complete (case in point, Hyper Light Drifter).
>>
>>13809952
No guys, I hear if you throw in another million he'll make it on the NES! And that's not a reproduction cartridge, he'll travel back in time and make a Famicom cartidge that will be localized as an NES cartridge. The extra money is to fund the plutonium to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of power his time machine needs.
>>
File: mighty number 9.png (926 KB, 1000x2179) Image search: [Google]
mighty number 9.png
926 KB, 1000x2179
>was one of many people warning people about Inafune's trickery
>all those "SHUT UP INAFUNE IS THE MAN FUCK CRAPCOM" posts
>slowly feeling more vindicated by the day

Inafune's a business man, not a creator.
>>
>>13810200
>Inafune's a business man, not a creator.

And he's not even a good business man! He got fired from Capcom entirely because of that. and now we see the MN9 debackle.

The guy's a decent artist, that's it. He should have never been promoted to producer.
>>
>>13810200
>about Inafune's trickery

what trickery?
>>
File: 1453579536486.jpg (25 KB, 458x360) Image search: [Google]
1453579536486.jpg
25 KB, 458x360
Why do I have a feeling this thread was started by the same OP who had his thread deleted yesterday?
The whole MN9 fiasco is fucking ridiculous, yeah, but do we really need yet another thread about it?
>>>/v/
>>
>>13810254

MN9 is /m/. We're all going to play it and talk about it when it's released.
>>
>>13810296
I'm not.

Because it was a shit idea and a shit concept to begin with, and only retards surrendered their shekels.
>>
lol mighty number nope
>>
Oh man, I wonder if they'll take all this extra extra extra time and make the game better! Maybe it won't be the worst Mega Man game ever made upon release, even worse than Rockman & Forte Mirai kara no Chousensha! Maybe it won't make Mega Man DOS look like Mega Man 2!

Who am I kidding. They're not changing shit.
>>
File: 4000000.jpg (2 MB, 1280x4396) Image search: [Google]
4000000.jpg
2 MB, 1280x4396
>>
>>13810676
>w-we need more shekels!
I'm really laughing my ass off at the idiots that gave away money for this crap
>>
Why was the game even delayed? Something about netcode and matchmaking? What the fuck does a Megaman clone need that for?
>>
>>13811038
if they don't keep finding more things to do they'll have to finish it
then the jig will be up
>>
>>13809870
It would've been released years ago if it weren't for those sexist goobergator misogynerds.
>>
>>13811078
CURSE YOU EMMANUEL GOLDSTEIN
CURSE YOU AND ALL YOUR OPERATIVES
>>
>>13809918
Lel
>>
>>13810200
I've been saying that too. for the longest time, because he was the faggot outsourcing all of capcom's games.

>Spark Unlimited handling Lost Planet
>Ninja Theory with DmC
>>
>>13810200
Isn't Inafune the one who cancelled Legends 3 before leaving?
>>
File: 1378609270983.jpg (493 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1378609270983.jpg
493 KB, 1162x850
>mfw I didn't donate to this shit
>mfw the only Kikestarters I've donated to have either been great successes (LWA2, BGC BDs, Shovel Knight) or are in actually capable hands (Bloodstained)
>>
>>13811564
there's been a few times where I almost donated to a kickstarter but then I remembered what a shitshow this has been.
way to go, inafuck
>>
>>13811564
>Bloodstained
>not a flop in the making

I'm all for crystal cancer waifu and all but it's gonna be shit.
>>
File: sipping asshole.png (37 KB, 195x193) Image search: [Google]
sipping asshole.png
37 KB, 195x193
>>13811564
>Bloodstained
lmao
>>
>>13811564
>or are in actually capable hands (Bloodstained)

People thought MN9 would be in capable hands too and look where we are
>>
>>13811576
>>13811635
>>13811664

Igarashi has actually proven to be a good lead director(read: not an artist/idea guy/producer) on tight Nintendo DS budgets, he can do just fine on Kickstarter.
Of course it will be a mediocre metroidvania with no pitfalls nor difficulty, but it will still be a good game for people who loved SoTN.
>>
>>13811664

How's Tides of Numenera's production going? I bought in on that and haven't even checked in to it since. I don't mind it being delayed if it's to make a decent game so I haven't been watching it studiously since it'd just make it harder to wait.
>>
File: jojo miriam.jpg (257 KB, 1091x747) Image search: [Google]
jojo miriam.jpg
257 KB, 1091x747
>>13811576
>but it's gonna be THE shit.

Fixed.
>>
>>13809931
Star Citizen is way more worthy of being called a con than this.
>>
File: 1425515591949.jpg (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1425515591949.jpg
53 KB, 300x300
>people actually gambled their money away just to play another megaman game for the 50th time
>>
>>13811894
Hahaha! Get off 4chan Derek Smart!
>>
>>13811894
I haven't played Star Citizen' alpha or whatever, but hasn't it been going pretty well?
>>
>>13809952
The thing is that including said skill was nothing out of this world either, more humble games like Kirby or even Megaman Battle Network Transmission (the WSC version too) had said ability
>>
>>13811703

Yeah. I don't always agree with Iga's decisions (Sonia fo life dawg) but I get the idea he at least knows what the fuck he's doing. He has tangible experience in actually make sure the game gets produced
>>
>>13810960
>tfw still play Shantae, SS3, and Skullgirls to this day because they look good
>>
If the anon who said this was going to be a major failure when the kickstarter first started:

I'm so sorry and you were absolutely right. I was wrong. I was so very wrong.

I thought Inafune's sense as a businessman would at least compel him to make a good mega-man ripoff. I didn't realize that Inafune is not only not a creator, he is a very, very shitty business man.
>>
>>13809888
At least it's being delayed by incompetence instead of furries holding it hostage.
>>
>>13811564
>>13811703
>>13812609

Yeah, same here. The only three Kickstarters I've donated to are Bloodstained, Muv-Luv, and Battletech.

I think MN9's problems stem mainly from Inafune biting off waaaay more than he could chew. He seemed to want to create this huge media empire before his new game was even established. Before MN9 was anywhere near ready for release he had not only Red Ash (and we all know how that went) but an MN9 cartoon, talking about live-action, all that crap. Even a layman can tell that's an extremely bad decision, you don't try to branch out into other media before making sure your first entry is well on its feet.

In a couple of other respects, however, from what I've heard from friends of mine, Comcept might have just gotten plain unlucky. In reference to the multiplayer, I think they're contractually obligated by Kickstarter to include it or they open themselves up to legal problems. If you say on your kickstarter than you'll include X feature if Y stretch goal is met, then you can't back out or you'll get in trouble. Releasing it without MP and then patching it in later is another option, but according to the team's later updates they have to go through a "mastering"/verification process, and if they want to release a build without multiplayer they have to go through the mastering all over again, which takes even more time and money.

Of course, that leads us to the question of why they got so far in development without finding out these supposedly huge bugs long before. Certainly doesn't give one confidence in the team.

Secondly, they started working on the project not long before Unreal Engine 3 began to be phased out. In that respect at least they were just shit out of luck.

Fortunately for Bloodstained, UE4 looks like it'll be around for a good long while. Even better, IGA isn't wasting time and money on a cartoon or anime or second kickstarter. That alone makes me more confident in Iga's team than Inafune's.
>>
>>13811537
Nah, he actually left the company many months before the game was cancelled. Incompetent as he can be, the cancellation of Legends really was Capcom having a remarkably stupid lack of faith in their own product.
>>
>>13809888
>>13812652
Also, we were talking about this in another thread and Anon mentioned some furry OC that was a green kangaroo that farted on people. I thought it was a joke, but then I looked up Kaiju Combat online and eventually came to an article on the furry guy himself.

I was wrong. I was dead wrong.

The scariest thing is that the furry guy apparently has a fursuit of his green kangaroo thing. So not only did he spend God knows how much money to get his OC into Kaiju Combat, he dresses up as it IRL. Jesus...
>>
>>13812715
I feel sorry for devs being held hostage to that.
>>
>>13812715
Well then. Follow your dreams, I guess.
>>
File: derek smartyman.png (157 KB, 1030x753) Image search: [Google]
derek smartyman.png
157 KB, 1030x753
>>13810574
Hey. When's that space launch scheduled for? Did the reschedule it?

>>13812332
Now that's a name I haven't heard in quite some time. Wonder if he's still censoring cursewords and beating up Coke machines.
>>
>>13812623
>I thought Inafune's sense as a businessman would at least compel him to make a good mega-man ripoff. I didn't realize that Inafune is not only not a creator, he is a very, very shitty business man.

He really is. He could have made a game for 100,000 easily.
>>
>>13814546
Yeah, a lot of his decisions just seem to be really bad. Thinking on it, I'd almost call it tragic--there are some really simple decisions that might have saved the MN9 fiasco from a lot of trouble. Don't begin work on an anime or live-action adaptation before the game has been released and is successful, remember that the 3DS would be a technological bottleneck compared to the other systems (this is what people have told me repeatedly), and so on. Just a bit of forethought might have made things so much better.
>>
>>13812767
yeah, it got delayed again. I made a thread a little while back about it with the Ed Wood-written rant about "WHAT IDIOT THOUGHT TO BUILD A ROCKET BASE IN FLORIDA" from The Revenge of Dr X in it.
There's some To Be Determineds coming up in Feb and March, but nothing useful atm
>>
>>13814558
A technological bottleneck is no excuse for a poor game.

Weak platforms are where TECHNOLOGY and innovative design are born... in the hands of a competent development team, admittedly.

Every vidya kickstarter should have a stretch goal of "hire John Carmack," honestly.
>>
>>13814602
This. Pokemon ran like shit; but then Iwata came in, cleaned up, and somehow they had enough space left over to fit the old game on the new one.
>>
>>13814602
>>13814636
Don't forget Shin'en. Weak hardware is their specialty.
People want Fast Racing NEO for PC, but they're missing the point. That game is impressive achievement in Wii U, even more when you look how small the game download size is (around 500MB)
>>
>>13812676
What's so special about legends anyway, i own Legends 2 and it's not even that good.
In fact I don't like it at all.
>>
>>13814602
>>13814636
>>13814713
Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think it's because MN9 is programmed in Unity, and this engine has options to export "play-ready" versions of the game for a lot of consoles (I remember there was a PSP option?). However, since he's not using resources to fine tune every port, he has to lower some of the graphics usage for every platform. He COULD fine-tune every port (like, give every port to a team of two or three people), but that demands resources he probably doesn't have.

When you see a Kickstarter promise "versions for PC/PS3/X360/3DS/Vita", it's just the developer using the export tool in Unity.

>>13814778
It tried something different, the characters and world had a lot of charisma.
>>
>>13814808
>It tried something different, the characters and world had a lot of charisma.
also there wasn't twenty years of other 3d games surrounding it back then, so the gameplay was pretty not-shit, especially compared to its "REMEMBER THAT 2D GAME NOW IT'S 3D ISN'T IT GREAT" contemporaries
>>
>>13809911
To be entirely fair, it was a PC release intitially. IIRC all the other platforms were stretch goals.
>>
>>13810200
Kamiya warned us
>>
>>13814778
It was one of the early 3D games, and compared to its contemporaries it had solid graphics and a style of gameplay that actually worked in 3D. Compare X7 and you can see just how polished the gameplay in Legends is by comparison.

It had a rich and unique world. Almost no other games mix sci-fi and robots with the adventurer archaeologist genre. The only other one I can think of is Evolution, which was a pretty crappy game by comparison. The whole mystery behind the Reaverbots still has people's attention, that's why everyone was so hungry for Legends 3 in the first place.

The first game had every single dungeon connected to one another in one big tunnel system, which was really cool. The second doesn't have that, but its islands and dungeons are much more varied in design from one another.

The Bonnes are enduringly popular largely for their personalities and the way they play off one another, a rarity for Mega Man at that time since this was long before Battle Network or Starforce. They even got their own spinoff that was actually the first Legends game I'd ever played, and it was just as good as Legends 1 and 2.
>>
>>13814808
>Unity
Well this ties back into the whole "competent development team" thing, because

>any year
>using Unity
>>
>>13814908
Is Unity really that bad? I was thinking of picking it up...I don't think I'll ever be John Carmack but I've gotten more interested in game design.

That said, yeah, the >competent team thing is a stickler. I was looking at the MN9 campaign page and they tried to give an explanation for the delay:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1473777?cursor=12312280#comment-12312279

Apparently, it has something to do with the certification process: They sent in a build to Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, and that build has multiplayer, so if they wanted to send in a build without MP, they'd have to do the paperwork for a whole new build. I asked around, though, and it seems from that explanation, it was the testers at Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, or one of the other "platform holders" who found these supposedly game-breaking bugs with the multiplayer. Why didn't the game's internal team find them before? This strikes me as a pretty grievous failure of Comcept's testing teams, if nothing else.
>>
>>13814930
Wow, I hope they get everything fixed by spring or release what has been fixed and the rest as free downloadable content via regular updates.
>>
>>13814908
Unity is fine, the problem is that it's easy to use.

Being easy to use is a problem because it means mouth-breathing retards can make games in it and so the 90% gets included in the final count.
>>
>>13814930
The problem with bugs is that sometimes you've got a an utterly fucked buggy as hell product and your only option is to unfuck it enough that it can be considered adequately functional.

Like, you can't just start over, or even abort the whole thing. You're stuck having to find a way to unfuck what could very well be the unfuckable.

And while in an ideal world you'd never get to that point where the project is that horrifically fucked, sometimes it just goes that way and you have to balance between meeting the deadline and having a working product.

What I'm getting at is that they've fucked themselves into having to get a leaky boat out to sea one way or another, as far as I know.

Could be worse though, from what I've heard a lot of government contract software work swings the way of "this broken shitty software needs to be functional by such and such date, enjoy getting laid off when this contract goes tits up!"
>>
>>13810032
Because kickstarter is a con as of itself, it's for people who instead of thinking in long term plans and investments need to get quick cash. People should stop falling for this shit already.
>>
>>13810032
Because some of the devs are actually passionate about their wish to make games themselves. Whether more good ones will result out of this, that remains to be seen.

The bigger question is, can Shenmue 3 even be relevant in this day and age?
>>
>>13815122
It can be if it gets tied into Yakuza.
>>
>>13815122
Shenmue 3 will be just as relevant as Shenmue 1 and 2.
That is, not relevant at all.
>>
File: barale.png (567 KB, 816x1000) Image search: [Google]
barale.png
567 KB, 816x1000
This wouldn't have happened if they'd gone with the superior Arale Call.
>>
>>13810032
>FTL
>Wasteland 2
>Broken Age (even if Tim Schafer jewed us hard, he DID give us a good adventure game in the end)

is it a different 3 than the ones I'm thinking of
>>
>>13815204
There are a few others as well. Shovel Knight is looking good, and Pillars of Eternity and Planetary Annihilation at least managed to get finished products out, though folks debate their quality (I have both in my Steam library but have yet to really play them, I hear they're not quite as good as Baldur's Gate and Total Annihilation, respectively). Divinity: Original Sin is quite good by all accounts, though, as are the Shadowrun games.

Still, for all those, I can name some impressive failures besides Mighty No. 9, some of which are quite tragic. "Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries" comes to mind. The campaign went well and they put out a product...but not a finished one. Apparently they changed something during development which cost way more than they expected--I think it was the shift from a wholly 2D game to a 2.5D one, I'd have to check, but something like that. It ended up bankrupting them.

I guess it goes to show a couple of things: Kickstarter is a hell of a crapshoot. Sometimes it works really well, as Shadowrun, FTL, and Shovel Knight indicate. On the other hand, sometimes it blows up in your face--MN9 is the most high-profile example, but not the only one. If someone wants to gamble, I won't condemn 'em; as I mentioned above I've gambled on KS 3 times (and I've yet to be displeased, Bloodstained, Muv-Luv, and Battletech all seem to be going well). But I'd certainly inform someone of the risks before encouraging them to put down too much on a bet.
>>
>>13815204
Besides what you listed

No Time to Explain
Guns of Icarus Online
The Banner Saga
Shadowrun Returns, I can't remember if Dragonfall was crowdfunded or made from the profits on Returns
Tesla Effect - A Tex Murphy Adventure
Divekick
Freedom Planet
Shovel Knight
Armikrog
Yatagarasu
Darkest Dungeon
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Contradictions

Those are all the ones off a list that I played and I enjoyed or at least thought was well-made. A lot more than I thought I'd get.

>>13815186
Shenmue is one of those games that's clearly being made because the creator WANTS to make it.

Because the gaming public at large doesn't even know what the fuck Shenmue is.
>>
>>13815234
>I can't remember if Dragonfall was crowdfunded or made from the profits on Returns

I think it was. They gave it away for free to backers who bought the original game during the Kickstarter, but other than that it was released 'normally' on Steam, i.e people would pay for the expansion if they bought the game on Steam rather than backed it on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-returns/posts/731291

>Shadowrun: Dragonfall will be FREE to Backers and you will receive the same number of keys you received for Shadowrun Returns. For everyone else, Dragonfall will launch at $14.99
>>
File: hzvAbBh.png (2 MB, 1916x1055) Image search: [Google]
hzvAbBh.png
2 MB, 1916x1055
Who's this semen demon?
>>
File: Vpx22px.png (3 MB, 1916x1055) Image search: [Google]
Vpx22px.png
3 MB, 1916x1055
>>
>>13815258
>>13815263
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night
>>
>>13815258
>>13815263
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FOOL ME, IGARASHI.

I DON'T PAY FOR WAIFU, EVEN IF SHE IS QT.
>>
>>13814890
I like Evolution , i mean it's not mind blowing but for a pretty simple dungeon crawling RPG, it's not bad.
>>
>>13815258
>>13815263
Whoa hey, that looks way better than what they showed off once they got into development.
>>
File: bloodstained screenshot.png (3 MB, 1916x1055) Image search: [Google]
bloodstained screenshot.png
3 MB, 1916x1055
>>13815258
>>13815263
>>13815268

You guys should see the background too, it's looking pretty cool. I was a little worried when I saw the first screenshots, as they looked kind of bad--Miriam was a lifeless model and her background was a detail-less and dull room. These, on the other hand, are a quantum improvement. The stage itself looks like it came right from a Castlevania game and as development goes on it'll only look better.

Things could still go south, of course, but the latest update has given me some more confidence in IGA. I'd say the chance of Bloodstained running into MN9's problems is very slim, especially since IGA has proven to be better at maintaining a budget and the game is in UE4. And, of course, I think the chances of Muv-Luv and Battletech failing are essentially zero. Kouki and his team at least have some idea of what they're doing, and Harebrained Schemes has so much experience with kickstarter and has done so well (like I said, Shadowrun is very good) that nothing short of a colony drop over their offices would prevent Battletech from being released and at least being entertaining.
>>
>>13815291
>games look better when you remember to turn on the shaders

News at 11.

But I'm waiting for gameplay.
Can't condone the "waifu=buy" mentality ever since it shafted Codename STEAM out of sales.
>>
>>13815269
I'm gonna fap to your waifu.
>>
File: 1446484715723.jpg (25 KB, 374x267) Image search: [Google]
1446484715723.jpg
25 KB, 374x267
>>13812654
>machine "translators"
>good hands
>>
>>13809931
THANK YOU CON MAN

This shit better work.
>>
File: even mm dos is skeptical.jpg (134 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
even mm dos is skeptical.jpg
134 KB, 550x367
Well... at least DOS isn't the worst Mega Man game anymore.
>>
>>13809918
>Shovel Knight

If I wanted to play an 8 bit game I'd play an NES game, at least those are fun.
>>
File: 1435245830712.png (229 KB, 298x368) Image search: [Google]
1435245830712.png
229 KB, 298x368
>Project funded because the fans loved inafune that much
>Because of that project, now everyone hates him
>>
>>13816577
I feel bad for him more than anything else. I think he had good intentions when he started the KS, and I think he was genuinely driven by passion as well as a desire to please Mega Man fans.

But then he let it get to his head and proved he wasn't very effective as a businessman and producer. The mishandling of the Red Ash kickstarter, trying to get anime and movies going before the game was even near finished, the problems with bug testing...it all speaks of someone who was riding high on the glory of a wildly successful kickstarter and almost worshipful fan support simultaneously failed to realize that he was overreaching himself and overstretching his resources. There's a difference between a bounty of kickstarter funds *and* backer goodwill and an unlimited spigot of them, and confusing the former for the latter will result in the former being squandered with astonishing speed.

I wonder what he'll do now. His name is almost certainly tarnished within the industry--Capcom will be able to gloat they were right to let him go. Comcept never had the greatest reputation in the first place, and I imagine things will be much harder for them now. Even Inti Creates might be tarred by association; but if they do a great job with Bloodstained they should be able to prove that they can put out great work if they're under the right leader (not Inafune). But Inafune and Comcept? I can see them relying primarily if not entirely on backers like that "Fuze" company and pouring out mobile games before finally withering away in obscurity, never again to taste the glory that was the first few days of the MN9 campaign.
>>
>>13814908
>>13814930

MN9 uses Unreal Engine 3.
>>
>>13816577

Fans thought he was "the creator of Mega man".
>>
>>13816610
>I think he had good intentions when he started the KS,

his intenitons were $$$

he wanted all that mega man fanboy money for himself.
>>
File: 694593-splash_woman_4.jpg (117 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
694593-splash_woman_4.jpg
117 KB, 400x400
>>13816643
>Fans thought he was "the creator of Mega man".

which really brings into question the quality of the fanbase when they don't even know who actually creates their shit.
>>
>>13816651

Unless the individual makes themselves known, people don't usually know who is behind certain things in videogames and just attribute it to the company as a whole.

Speaking purely of former Capcom members, we know who Kamiya, Shinji Mikami, and Inafune are they are out there in the public light. And for people still at Capcom there's Ono, who people seem to attribute to being big behind Street Fighter when the reality is he didn't work on the series before 4.
>>
>>13816651

Inafune was the producer for later MM games. He was the one giving interviews. He's the one who gets to write the stories.

Go to MM wiki and there's a detailed page on him. Go to Akira Kitamura, or any other early MM devs and there's just one or two lines.

All the actual people are unknown. It's true for all the old games. We know nothing about the team that made Castlevania 1-3. etc.
>>
>>13816610
If he had good intentions he'd never start making so many extra requests while telling he wouldn't be able to mantain the ones that already got funded because "tight budget".

On top of that once people started being suspicious he started Red Ash before even completing the first game because he knew otherwise he'd lose money. Even then people managed to not trust him but for the sake of locking the few money he got from the second project he allied with some wacky chinese company.
>>
>>13816658
>We know nothing about the team that made Castlevania 1-3

We would if they had used their real names in the credits.

We know where the creator of Street Fighter went despite using a fake name in the first game, he left for SNK and created the Fatal Fury and KoF series.
>>
>>13816658
>>13816664
Director: Hitoshi Akamatsu
Producer: Akihiko Nagata
Main Programmer: Nobuhiro Matsuoka
Lead Artist: Noriyasu Togakushi
We've known who made the first 3 CV for years
>>
>>13816665

Also they apparently made Snake's Revenge too
>>
>>13816665

We know next to nothing about them. And it took us years of digging to just find their names.

A lot of these Famicom games were made by devs who left the industry soon after, and who didn't use their names. Devs didn't speak to the media back then so there is next to know information on the details, or what happened to them.

Same with the MM games. Inafune is the only one giving interviews, so he is our only source of info.
>>
>>13809870
I'm not even surprised, after two times it was rather obvious that a comically unwanted third one would come to complete the trilogy. And MML3 never.
>>
>>13809918
At least SK is out. Can't say the game itself holds well after a couple of playthroughs.
>>
>>13815258
>>13815263
>>13815291
Last time I checked it was taking the looks like garbage route.
>>
>>13816577
>the DINA incident
>game doesn't look like the gorgeous artwork and actually looks bland and cheap
>The Red Ash incident
>delay
>delay
>delay
Between unfulfilled promises and opening the gates of hell at the worst possible times, people have every right to be angry : he simply didn't deliver and with that, he lost trust and credibility.

If you add to that the fact he left Capcom when MML3 was in a fragile embryotic state, it just gets uglier.
>>
>>13811708
Well you can see the early access on steam, there is probably a torrent somewhere
>>
>>13816850
>concept art
>indicative of final product

Stupid fuck.
>>
>>13816651
To be fair i think at one point he even called himself that.
>>
It would be funny if he did blow the money on something else and can't complete the game.
>>
>>13815301
>Codename STEAM
>waifu
Say what?
I only remembered that it was just VC-lite in murrica, featuring Lincoln.
>>
>>13817023
He means that it got shafted in favor of waifu-centric games like Fire Emblem Awakening.
>>
>>13815301

It's really not just "waifus" though. Codename STEAM just had an extremely unappealing art style in general, pretty much killing its chances as a new IP.
>>
>>13817054
The waifus are just easy scapegoating.
>this game would have been successful if someone else wasn't PANDERING
STEAM was never going to be a big hit. Nothing about it said "this is going to make it big" unless it somehow went full meme tier of viral. But it's easier to say it's because others shafted it than to ever admit that.
>>
>>13810032
Lack of oversight and accountability. Despite what all of the beggars on kickscammer will tell you, the traditional gatekeepers for publishing actually serve an important role in making sure that only projects with a realistic chance of success and completion get greenlit on top of also making sure that projects are not overbudget and behind schedule.

If you want a simple analogy, think of it as the interactions between a teacher and his students, where the publisher is the teacher and the developers are the students. Much like how no one would bother to do anything in school if there were no teachers and everything operated on an honor system, the role of the publishers is to make sure there are actually repercussions (ie you aren't allowed to work in the industry again) for developers who do not produce results.

>inb4 "the destroyed reputation of a failed project is the repercussion!"

It isn't. The fact that fuck-ups like Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, and Tim Schafer can still get morons to donate money to them after their myriad and massive failures is a testament both to why letting the consumers police themselves does not work as well as how stupid some people are.
>>
>>13817054
>>13817091
Was the game good though?
>>
>>13817054
>extremely unappealing art style

This is just an excuse waifufags make to not play good games.
>>
>>13817106
If you look like shit no one is going to bother. Presentation is actually fucking important if you want to sell.
>>
>>13814602
>Weak platforms are where TECHNOLOGY and innovative design are born...

While making Alien Soldier Hideyuki Suganami intentionally developed it for the Genesis despite the Playstation and Saturn already being out because he wanted to push the console to its absolute limit.
>>
File: 1416404540872.gif (3 MB, 328x190) Image search: [Google]
1416404540872.gif
3 MB, 328x190
>>13817555
Based Treasure.
>>
>>13817495
>m-m-muh graffix

It actually looks good, you double kisama. Stylized cartoon visuals are both friendly to low power hardware and tend to stand the test of time better than pixel pusher texture-driven styles.
>>
>>13817105
It's pretty decent, although similar to some early FEs in that pretty much the only customization option for the player is different equipment load-outs - each character has a specific weapon and ability that can't be changed, only a backpack and secondary weapon that can be chosen.

>>13817106
>>13817590

Stylized pseudo-"cartoon" graphics with those thick lines and square chins also aren't used by any mainstream successful game, only indies. It's just not a mainstream art style anywhere.

Aside from the art style of the characters, the game had a very bland background design too.

You go from England to the USA, from that Lovecraft college to Washington, and there's barely any difference in aesthetics. The game only really starts having different areas near the ending, with Oz and those caves.

>>13817590
Something closer to Kid Icarus Uprising or Fire Emblem itself would still have fit the hardware and would have had a much better reception.
>>
>>13817625
>implying Buckingham Palace looked anything like Miskatonic which looked anything like that one canyon place whose name escapes me which looked anything like the White House basement etc

I'll give you there was quite a bit of that brownish purple industrial age look (admittedly, the dominating literary influences on its setting are Steampunk and Lovecraft), but the locales were quite distinct even as a number of them had a common urban motif.

Also if anything the real killer was the lack of advertisement. The game is pretty poorly pushed as if it was relying on word of mouth and that sort of publicity doesn't work with a divisive love-hate opinion among those who know of it.

Also I haven't seen an indie that went for comic book shading, normally they masturbate themselves to pixel art. Really, all I can name that use the comic book motif are STEAM, XIII, and Comix Zone.
>>
File: ot.jpg (54 KB, 510x384) Image search: [Google]
ot.jpg
54 KB, 510x384
Does anyone else feel bad and suddenly want to give Inafune more money?
>>
>>13817662
ばか稲船くん
>>
>>13812654
>I think MN9's problems stem mainly from Inafune biting off waaaay more than he could chew
No, it's problem is that retards actually funded a conman who was planning to make a piece of shit game from the start.
>>
>>13817662
That's like giving drug addict money to buy more drug when you see them withdraw.
>>
>>13817655
It also has what I'd call the Brutal Legend problem: that the audience they're appealing to with that kind of art style and concept would be much happier with an action game than strategy.
>>
>>13817749
It ends up better when you realize it's trying to be XCOM-esque rather than some sort of handheld Metal Wolf Chaos crazy game.
>>
Remember he kept talking shit about Japanese developers? He's doing so much better right? Fuck this cunt.
>>
File: i gotta find bubba.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
i gotta find bubba.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>mfw remembering that Red Ash crap
>>
>>13817833
Wait for the anime.
>>
>>13816672
>A lot of these Famicom games were made by devs who left the industry soon after, and who didn't use their names. Devs didn't speak to the media back then so there is next to know information on the details, or what happened to them.

Actually they were required to use pseudonyms because companies back then were paranoid about other companies noticing that person's talent and hiring them.
>>
Speaking of Inafune, he provided some input for Gunvolt, right? Although Gunvolt itself is an Inticreates original IP, it had a reference to MN9 and Mega Man, as well as a crossover (I think?). Inti is also developing Bloodstained.
I got Gunvolt just yesterday, and it felt weird. It's kind of like a game that you could rush through in a few sittings, but hides more underneath it for fans of the genre, or people who want to try new things.

>>13817964
If the Nikkei report on Konami is to be believed, this problem is still here, kind of.
>>
>>13812715

Oh wow. He was in Undertale too.
>>
>>13818419
Meanwhile, his company Comcept, Team Ninja and Spark Unlimited all teamed up for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (because he loves zombies), and that had a Beck skin as DLC. You sure can't tell they all worked on the same parts together, because only the 2.5-D mode isn't complete garbage.
>>
>>13818426

Wait, no, that was an orange dragon furry.

Why are furries buying their way into kickstarter games?
>>
>>13818443
Furries got dolla.
>>
>>13818419
Yeah, Inafune got credited as special producer or something like that.
Gunvolt was pretty cool, if flawed (the biggest flaw being of course that there's way, waaaaay too much shit on the screen if you decide to keep in-level dialogue on).
I'm glad it was successful enough to warrant a sequel cause my god that ending was a total downer, if it can get better in any way then it'll be cool.

>>13818426
I'm not sure that was the same guy, but still, those cases seriously stump me. Where do these guys find all that money? "Put your character in the game!" usually requires a pretty damn expensive donation to the crowdfunding. And these guys can afford it even when their goal is to put their goddamn fursonas in games. It scares me because that means these guys actually have a means of income and aren't just crazy teenagers.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (26 KB, 369x406) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
26 KB, 369x406
>>13811564
>Shovel Knight
>good

Shouldn't you be on /v/ or did the Smashfags force you out?
>>
>>13818468
>those cases seriously stump me. Where do these guys find all that money?
I don't think they exist in any greater proportion than any other type of well-off dumbshit, but are you going to notice that somebody created a twenty-something guy with a beard in a bunch of games or a giant, orange, shitting wallaby? The latter stands out more.
>>
>>13818437
Maybe it's because I don't really follow video gaming news, but I barely heard anything about Yaiba. Was it a complete disaster or what?

>>13818468
I only just finished the pre-elevator stage where you have the rematch with Merak (lazy laser guy), but I read about the ending. If a sequel is on the way, maybe I'll consider getting it -- if I ever master the combat system. It's one thing to clear the stage, it's another doing a no-damage/high Kudos run. I've only managed it with the first level so far. At the very least, I want to see how far I can go. I'm a lousy gamer though.

Also, Gunvolt has some nice designs. Really reminds me of Mega Man Zero, just a little more clean overall. Joule/Cyan a cute.
>>
So... if this game actually comes out and is fun to play: what will the "evil=delays" people say?

Note: I never spent a dime on any Kickstarter project.
>>
>>13818469
>he's not hype for the next shovel knight content update

Fuck the amiibo stuff though, it's like half a character hidden behind a figurine that doesn't fit in with my shameful smash swordsmen collection.
>>
>>13809952
It's a "tight budget" when you need to release for consoles. Licensing is a bitch.
>>
>>13818492
>Was it a complete disaster or what?
Quite.
http://www.gamesradar.com/worst-games-all-time/
>>
>>13818526
>It's a "tight budget" when you need to release for consoles

That's also the kind of shit you're supposed to learn about in advance and plan for.

Yeah it's expensive but that's the one cost that shouldn't surprise you.
>>
>>13818546
>having to click through a list of 100 games
jesus christ why is this web design allowed
>>
>>13818419
>If the Nikkei report on Konami is to be believed, this problem is still here, kind of.

details?
>>
>>13818669
IIRC, people's email accounts in the company weren't marked by name, but by numbers. So it's not "[email protected]" but "[email protected]", for example. It was basically preventing anyone from getting contacted by anyone outside the company. There's also stuff about how people who tweet or post negative stuff about Konami get demoted to janitor or some other low positions.
I might have recalled the specifics wrongly, but the report paints a rather ugly picture of working at Konami.
>>
>>13818713
Konami are pretty much the devil at this point, aren't they. They're getting to EA tier.
>>
>>13818713
I'll help fill in some details:

In addition to the emails being a random code, they also reset every several months.

There are security cams everywhere to see if employees are slacking off.

People deemed unworthy (even Producers) get sent to do odd jobs like screwing in computer parts, gym janitors and security guards.

Some dude posted on FB about being employed at another company. A few employees Liked it and they all got transferred away.

This one I don't see anyone in the English side talk about: Kouzuki (the current evil CEO) said in an 1999 interview that he was too ashamed to let his son know that he makes videogames because videogames have a bad image. I can't verify this one because I lack a Nikkei account to see the full article.

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO89986400R30C15A7000000/
>>
>>13812351
They have all the flags for a colossal failure so we'll see.
>>
>>13817833
Reminder that the game's still happening.
>>
>>13812614
and probaly will look good forever, smoth traditional animation doesnt date as fast a CGI
>>
>>13818811
>because videogames have a bad image
He is still right, in a way.
>>
>>13818996
The size looks shady as hell
>>
>>13821537
*site
>>
>>13810960

I still remember the concept art in the kickstarter for what stages looked like.. WHAT HAPPENED why did it go from great looking to so shit?
>>
>>13821561
>concept art is indicative of the final product
>>
>>13821561
How is Pale Blue coming along?
>>
>>13822213
>Pale Blue
The what again now?
Another 2D sidescroller?
>>
>>13822213
Oh fuck I was trying to remember the name of that gmae for the longest time, I wonder how its going
>>
>>13822337
>>13822213
They still post updates, at least.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinkergames/pale-blue-monstrous-2d-side-scrolling-action-adven/posts/1473693
>>
>>13822579
This along with Hyper Light Drifter are some of the only KS games that I'm interested, I hope they manage to release it this year
>>
File: based Kamiya.png (39 KB, 615x328) Image search: [Google]
based Kamiya.png
39 KB, 615x328
>>
>>13822689
Every time I see Kamiya tweets I can't figure out if I should admire or hate him for it. The guy is so absurdly blunt and honest.
>>
>>13822710
He tells it like it is.
Though there is a fine line between being blunt and being a cunt.
>>
>>13822719
He's pretty fun too, he even knows the lyrics to Vifam
>>
>>13822689
The catch is Inafune isn't even that good of a business man.
>>
>>13822710
Kamiya is the only game dev to have the brass balls to tell some of his fans to fuck off and stop wasting his time. And this is because he really doesn't give a single fuck about how much he sells and lets his games speak for themselves. That's admirable, I think, but it certainly wouldn't work for everyone. Imagine EA or Ubisoft taking this approach
>>
>>13822710
I can't tell if he is aware of how tone of voice works in English or not.
>>
>>13822719

calling a fraud out on being a fraud isn't being a cunt and I wish more people spoke up before this shit got as bad as it did
>>
>>13821439

Frankly, the gambling machines they produce ought to be the thing with the "bad" image.
>>
>>13822990
Well, yes, you wouldn't really expect an entire company to act like a single person.
>>
File: excellentTaste.png (12 KB, 581x130) Image search: [Google]
excellentTaste.png
12 KB, 581x130
>>13822710
The man has good taste.
>>
>>13823029
Didn't say being blunt IS being a cunt, what are you talking about?
>>
>>13823087
Meme tier, Devilman's theme is awful.
>>
>>13823114

you literally said

>Though there is a fine line between being blunt and being a cunt.
>>
File: iron knight_zpsxnphnvzj.jpg (65 KB, 680x481) Image search: [Google]
iron knight_zpsxnphnvzj.jpg
65 KB, 680x481
>>13822579
This game looks pretty interesting, it even has a Kamen-rider like guy
>>
>>13823402
Do you even know what "there is a fine line" mean?
>>
>>13823174
dat shit taste
>>
>>13810200
At least I didn't end on a cliff hanger
- Megaman.exe
>>
>>13811564
I-I-I backed Yooka-Lalyee
Am I fucked?
>>
>>13818443

Beggars can't be choosers, you choose to beg for money you get those shitfuckers.
>>
>>13821439

Because gambling machines fully OK'D by the Yakuza are so much better.
>>
>>13818572
Because it means you load a page of ads 100 times. Clickbait garbage 101.

>>13818713
>>13818811
God, that's just depressing. Not that I've ever run a business, but wouldn't trying to keep that hard of a grip on your employees just make them more likely to leave?
>>
File: 1412948484095.png (290 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
1412948484095.png
290 KB, 500x522
>>13812715

seriously if i was a game dev and some shit tried to pull that stunt i would had taken the money and told the asswipe to fuck off that i'm not changing my game to fit in his stupid chara and because he tried to hijack or otherwise get my game changed just to fit in his OC that chara will be dropped and the second place (and so on down the list until someone behaves or all OC dropped) chara will be the one getting put in as a violation of contract as if ran a "pay to get your chara put in the game thing" i would have that clause if you tried to hijack the game or otherwise have to have the game changed immensely just to fit it in your chara will be dropped your money taken anyways too bad that's the rules this game isn't some wankfest for your OC.

that shit was stupid as fuck and the devs shouldn't had bowed to that bullshit.
>>
>>13824286
This is an +18 site.
>>
>>13823423
>Do you even know what "there is a fine line" mean?

Do you?
>>
>>13824286
And then your ass would have been sued into the ground.

The SMART way to do it is to have a "Characters not fitting with the existing lore will be modified to fit" clause so you can just whitewash anything you don't want.
>>
>>13824314
Similarity, but not necessarily the same thing.
Why is this an argument again? Did someone mistook harmless statement as an insult?
>>
>>13824369

that's a THIN LINE you retard. A fine line means a very stark contrast.
>>
>>13824541
This is wrong.
>>
>>13824541
What are you upset about again, originally?
>>
>>13815234
Shadowrun Returns and Hong Kong were both Kickstarted, but the team actually had some capital and were already deep into making the games. They Kickstarted because in both instances, their ambitions didn't match their budget and they needed extra dosh to polish it up. Which is really the point of Kickstarter, as a supplement to traditional funding.

A great example was the IndieGoGo for the new Skullgirls characters. People complained a ton about how they were only adding characters and how backers weren't getting enough for the amount paid...but they were actually being completely sensible with their new character costs, stretching the shit out of every dollar and refusing to promise backers extra nonsense that would bankrupt them in the future.
>>
>>13810200
>X and Zero don't change expressions

heh
>>
>>13823406
Head looks like Izanagi from persona
>>
>>13815231
>Planetary Annihilation

Last I heard, because of the continual patches, it's been getting better. Titans especially are fun to play with apparently.

I don't have Steam so I don't personally know.
>>
>>13824874

fuck off personafag
>>
>>13824156
It seems that, at worst, you'll have to wait a little longer for some stuff. So not too fucked.
>>
>>13823087
>not STORM

Found the cuckhold
>>
File: L-P-9999.jpg (61 KB, 719x600) Image search: [Google]
L-P-9999.jpg
61 KB, 719x600
>>13811187
Is Lost Planet disliked by /m/?
>>
>>13825466
Most people who were around for the first one liked it. It's the third one people take issue with. The second one didn't go over so well, either (and that was really where Capcom's troubles started last gen, because they put a lot of expectations on that one and it bombed), but no one could have predicted how that panned out.

Personally, I think it's the game Lost Planet Colonies fans deserved.
>>
>>13825466

I liked EX Troopers, does that count?
>>
>>13815200

I actually voted for French Maid Call over Roll Call.
>>
>>13824804
omg, labzero had to deal with a bit of an entitlement shit-storm.
>>
File: 1398649505600.jpg (103 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
1398649505600.jpg
103 KB, 960x544
>>13825141
>>
File: 1454346242760.png (486 KB, 869x849) Image search: [Google]
1454346242760.png
486 KB, 869x849
>>13809870
I bet this happened.
>>
>>13826845
And this is why companies force you through those ethics tests and all, otherwise you end up with people burning money away on hookers and blow.
>>
>>13826845
Well, that is the problem with indie devs. On one hand, they're free of the evils of big companies! On the other they're also free of silly stuff like guaranteed professionalism.
Plus when you're only a small team, if any of you does something stupid it's going to be felt in the whole project.
>>
>>13826873
>companies force you through those ethics tests
[citation needed]
>>
>>13826902
It's those shitty online tests that you go through the motions for to show you understand what is and isn't ok in the work environment.

>Hookers and blow, Nicky!

It sounds dumb and that's because it is, but for some reason a lot of businesses still like to do that sort of infantilizing shit. Group bonding exercises and that kind of embarrassing shit.
>>
>>13818500
>fun to play
If it's not fun to replay it's pretty worthless.
>>
>>13826873
>indicated how strongly you agree or disagree with the following statement, there is no wrong answer
>Stealing is wrong
>>
It looks like a budget ps2 or steam game.

They could have made a nice KISS Mega Man clone for 100,000 dollars if they focused on gameplay. There's no need for this needing 4 million. Or 3D. Or have voice acting. Or be released on every console ever. just make clean portable code, and then if the game is successful port it from there.
>>
>>13816577
I find it great how people were funding MN9 as if it were making some sort of statement towards Capcom and because of Inafune's mismanagement, all the vitriol towards Capcom has been redirected almost completely despite Capcom still not making any new Mega Man games

Honestly, I see why they don't make more Mega Man games. The market is oversaturated with Mega Man clones. It seems to be the Indie scene's favorite dead horse to beat and Capcom just don't feel it's worth it to compete anymore.
>>
File: burnt_koopa.png (40 KB, 632x308) Image search: [Google]
burnt_koopa.png
40 KB, 632x308
>>13822710
Whenever Kamiya's tweets are mentioned, I'm always reminded of this
>>
>>13827717
>Honestly, I see why they don't make more Mega Man games. The market is oversaturated with Mega Man clones. It seems to be the Indie scene's favorite dead horse to beat and Capcom just don't feel it's worth it to compete anymore.

Vast majority of them are forgettable shit. And most are obscure to care about.
>>
>>13827717
Adding to that, why bother ask Capcom or Comcept to do Mega Man sequels when the fans can do it themselves anyway (case in point: MMX: Corrupted and MMBN Chrono X)? Well, okay, there's loads of disposable garbage (like Mega Man Unlimited), but that comes with any fanbase making fan games.
>>
>>13827728
Ouch, he's gonna need some aloe vera for that one.
>>
>>13827757
>MMX: Corrupted and MMBN Chrono X
Yeah we just need to wait for the death and rebirth o the unniverse so we can play the beta
>>
>>13826397
>Adachi fag

fuck off, persona fag.
>>
>>13827717
>The market is oversaturated with Mega Man clones. It seems to be the Indie scene's favorite dead horse to beat
That's because Mega Man is exceedingly easy to copy. The gameplay is simple as hell yet allows some freedom to fuck around with a gimmick or two. You've got at best a dozen levels meaning it's short to make.
The entire thing ends up being a testament to your skill in level design, because that's the only thing that differentiates one game from another. And unfortunately most people are just not that good at it.
>>
>>13827757
You forgot MMxSF, which was good enough that Cap themselves endorsed it for the anniversary.
>>
>>13818426
Different guy, but at least that one has so many fucking obscure conditions to encounter that you're never going to see it unless you want to.
>>
the sad thing about all of this is if that game is released some day, it will be pirated into oblibion, at least on pc, so im pretty sure there will be no more megaman stuff afther that, ever i mean sure there is a lot of megaman clones that are fun, but directly related to megaman? never
>>
File: best girl.jpg (15 KB, 214x214) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
15 KB, 214x214
>>13827889
Adachi did nothing wrong. You just need to play a real Shin Megami Tensei game like Nocturne or Strange Journey to understand.
>>
File: chris arms cross.jpg (59 KB, 470x720) Image search: [Google]
chris arms cross.jpg
59 KB, 470x720
>>13828937
>Adachi did nothing wrong.

Well no, see to do nothing wrong would imply he did anything at all.
>>
>>13829279
He killed two sluts, that's something.
>>
>>13826887
Individuals are more evil than companies. They're just less capable.
>>
>>13827717
>The market is oversaturated with Mega Man clones
It's not. It lacks a truly good Mega Man clone. What you mean is it's oversaturated with garbage
>>
File: Wiki_Ray.jpg (50 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
Wiki_Ray.jpg
50 KB, 640x453
Oh wow, I had no idea about this character till now. Way to not be subtle with the character design references there Comcept.
>>
File: ratboy disgust.gif (714 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
ratboy disgust.gif
714 KB, 253x253
>>13818522
>smash swordsmen collection

(ejaculatory vomit ensues)
>>
File: 2253889i.jpg (77 KB, 512x343) Image search: [Google]
2253889i.jpg
77 KB, 512x343
>>13827717
Sidescrollers, sure.
But idk why they stopped with the Battle Network series. If they wanted closure with Lan and Hub then okay, but why haven't they revisited the gameplay focusing on chips and deckbuilding even with a new random not-megaman protag. Iirc the reception with the whole series was good. And it'd be pretty stupid if they had used Starforce as a gauge/reason, since the gameplay's quite different.

Heck, even Megaman Battle Chip Challenge-like game would be a prime gold mine for the currently crazy mobile market it's a wonder why anyone at Capcom hadn't jumped on that. It pales on the GBA, but it still had a lot going in it compared to current mobile games.
>>
>>13810032
Because kickstarter is a scammers paradise. It caters to people who are capable of drumming up hype and maintaining an illusion that the project is going well. Though because the devs are left entirely up to themselves, they don't have any strict deadlines, they've already been paid and they've promised that what they've told or shown you isnt indicative of what you're getting. From the very start it's a gamble for anyone who funds a gaming project there.

Kickstarter and other crowdfunding sources would be great for studios to do more ambitious projects that publishers won't fund because they don't think it'll sell and I don't believe anyone should work for free but unsurprisingly enough when given a situation in which you've already gotten your pay most workers just become lazy and rather piss away time until it's time to clock out.
>>
>>13833293
Is that It reeks of Getter, Jesus. It doesn't look exactly the same but I feel like I could have seen it in Armageddon.
>>
>>13833475
>Chip is B in the menu and * on the window

3/10, you tried.
>>
>>13833325
Super Sword Bros is fine.

You have zoning sword, rushdown sword, and neutral sword. It's the most balanced kind of game!
>>
>>13815204
I was talking about Shovel Knight, Undertale and FTL but I'm sure there's more.
>>
>>13824286
Actually anon Duncan was voted in, have you seen his competition?
>>
>>13834711
Oh man, I used to be on the Kaiju Kombat forums and there was a SHITSTORM when Duncan was voted it. We all assumed that the creator paid extra or something, because no one liked it.
>>
>>13834711
>>13834807
>furry mafia
>>
>>13833293
>red Black Getter
>it's called Ray
Goddamn man. There's homage and then there's plagiarism.
>>
File: tumblr_ng4yu9QTZ21u5ns0mo4_500.jpg (47 KB, 500x172) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng4yu9QTZ21u5ns0mo4_500.jpg
47 KB, 500x172
>>13836996
He's the rival character, and as such his design is supposed to Beck what Proto Man and Bass were to Rock. At some point it became what was posted before. He also apparently has a hole in his chest, remind you of anything? Other people have suggested that his cape's digital square effect is reminiscent of how Getter-1 formed its limbs in Armageddon.

>There's homage and then there's plagiarism.
The Mega Man series had plenty of homage. Mega Man is an admitted take on Astro Boy. Rush, Treble, and Sigma's dog Velguarder all most likely based somewhat on Casshern's Friender, and the MM2 enemy Friender is without a doubt a reference to it. The Metonger Z is kind of an obvious reference. Most of these things are either minor foes or more main characters who have their own spin on the character they were inspired by. Ray is a bit too direct for my tastes.
>>
>>13837221
Wrong pic, oops.
>>
File: 1438583031343.jpg (123 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1438583031343.jpg
123 KB, 1024x1024
>>13836996
If people liked MN9 nobody would be calling it plagiarism.

Tends to be a pattern. If you like it, it's a cool tribute. If you don't like it, they're ripping something off, how dare they.

You shouldn't play favourites.
>>
>>13836996
>Goddamn man. There's homage and then there's plagiarism.

>literally fight boba fett in megaman x
>>
>>13837247
But Bobba Fett wasn't cool like Vile.
>>
File: WilyMachine9.png (3 KB, 189x139) Image search: [Google]
WilyMachine9.png
3 KB, 189x139
>>13837221
Remember when Wily decided he wanted to be the Daiku Maryu?
>>
>>13809911

Thank you Con Man.
>>
>>13833475
> but why haven't they revisited the gameplay focusing on chips and deckbuilding
Star Force is pretty damn close to what Battle Network was.

But anyway, I'm guessing it's due to technology. People aren't as willing to accept the kind of lower resolution sprites that were acceptable in the GBA and DS days, not for a $20+ title from a big and well known publisher like Capcom. And I'm pretty sure that Capcom know it's a bad move to put Mega Man on mobile with that Xover fiasco a few years ago.

Putting out a game like Battle Network also means you're trying to crack the same market as things like Pokemon and Yokai Watch, although not quite as obviously since you're collecting moves instead of creatures. Either way, it's not a particularly easy thing to do, which is probably why we don't get SMT games but once every few years or so. Same principles at play there, except that SMT games are hard and thus unfriendly to a casual audience. I think they only still get made because they're well established and because ATLUS now has SEGA behind them
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.