[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say /m/ I'm constructing a picture of all the arguments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Big Fail Mark 1.jpg (2 MB, 3129x4093) Image search: [Google]
Big Fail Mark 1.jpg
2 MB, 3129x4093
Say /m/ I'm constructing a picture of all the arguments as to how GIBO is such an awful anime. What other critiques do you think we can dig up?
>>
Is it so we can laugh at the idiocy of the detractors?

I mean, you did this to fuel a shitstorm either way didn't you?
>>
>>13815229

Most of those arguments are fairly shallow and just complaining about a lack of fights, that Okada (and some other dude I don't know) operate a certain way and that the show doesn't look good. If you want to make an argument about why it's awful you should probably start by addressing what's bad about the plot and characters. As is, it just feels like you grabbed a handful of troll posts and called it a day.

There's a couple of pictures of complaints about SEED that get bandied about fairly often during discussion of it and they're memorable because they do that instead.
>>
>>13815261
>If you want to make an argument about why it's awful you should probably start by addressing what's bad about the plot and characters.
That is what this topic is for.
>>
>>13815265

> I want to make a pic about thing
> Can you guys do all the hard work of thing for me

Great thread.
>>
>>13815229
make your own opinion like everyone else, flip
>>
>>13815297
Can't, this is becoming an epic disaster that needs to be recorded for future reference.
>>
File: 1397364389718_zps6c56b24a.png (95 KB, 215x301) Image search: [Google]
1397364389718_zps6c56b24a.png
95 KB, 215x301
>they don't even realize they're posting in a VLVRGR thread
>>
>>13815229
Boy anon your 28th birthday is right around the corner! Me and your mother would love if you could get out of the basement some time! Please we are worried for you.
>>
>>13815327
Nah, valvrager wouldn't tip his hand so easily.

This is just your average shitposting thread. Incidentally, that makes it superior to a valvrager thread.
>>
I don't think IBO would qualify as the worst entry in the franchise. While it's very lackluster, it flows nicely and is competent. True, I get more enjoyment out of AGE but that's because AGE is poorly executed and stupid. It's great riffing material.

IBO isn't offensive, it's just underwhelming and bland, always taking the easy approach to telling it's story. It's like a modern-day SEED, only weaker. It's a decent 6.5/10 in my book to SEED's 7.
>>
>>13815327
Tis the fate of all boards
The eventual decline into madness
>>
>>13815229
My gripe with the show how it hammers down suffering of the downtrodden and implication of upper echelon of society than actually revolving the plot around it. Which creates poor characteriztion and writing decisions for Kudelia.

Mika has come off as know all smug ass who had no conflict or problem of his own what-so-ever as he can use a 300 year old neutral interface without much health hazards as of ep 16. Whatever buildup for drama regarding his relation with Orga or problems faced while piloting Barbatos has taken backseat for a long time,which for a 25 ep anime is really bad.

To sum up, after lampshading about so many things at the beginning, little has came to fruition.
Instead plot points like " I suddenly remember I had a brother to whom I have no contact for many years and then he suddenly appears" , it's pretty much evident that show is attempting to mix family matters along with a unjust world poverty and exploitation, and fails because the whole execution dosen't comes smoothly but rather very jarring or feels very separate thing happening just for sake of drama or shock factor. Which also explains problems with Kudelia's portrayal. And they are going to do the same with Fareed and his Father's relation in Gayhorn .
>>
>>13815229
>Remaining in such a state of denial
>Despite the show actually coming overseas and getting dubbed
>Despite rumors of a second season
>Despite widespread popularity in Japan
Nah, you're right, it's everybody else that's wrong. You're the smart one.
>>
Being this committed to shitpost to this degree is amazing.
>>
>>13816196
>Despite the show actually coming overseas and getting dubbed
They announced that after the first month. They weren't counting on it's present state
>Despite rumors of a second season
No confirmation/
>Despite widespread popularity in Japan
Lower ratings than AGE, fans saying Nagai and Okada should apologize, 2ch saying model sales have dropped.
>>
>>13815229
I don't even like the show but this is fucking embarrassing
>>
>>13815229
Seriously OP?

The show's not great, but this is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>13815261
>Most of those arguments are fairly shallow and just complaining about a lack of fights,

They're largely taken out of context. Most the people bringing up the lack of fighting are responding to people saying they're only watching it for the giant robots because the drama and character development are shit. It's mainly just pointing out there's hardly any of that to be looking forward to on top of all the other issues going on with the show.
>>
>>13815229
This is just pathetic. Get a life.

Hate it as much as you want, but the truth is that IBO is widely liked, both in Japan and the West. Even if it's not that good it's able to function as basic entertainment.
>>
>>13816879
>IBO is widely liked, both in Japan
No it isn't. Viewing numbers are some of the lowest ever, the BDs are selling like shit especially the second vol., and the gunpla sales are plummeting because there's absolutely no variety. It's not well liked at all.
I know you were falseflagging, but still
>>
>>13816196
>>13816655
>>13816827
>>13816879
Samefag
>>
>>13816891
>Japan has shit taste
Woooooow
>>
>>13816894
It is pretty fucking lame
I mean the show is shit what more needs to be said about it you absolute autist?
>>
>>13816932
>/m/ has shit taste
Wooooow

>>13816946
Cry moar faggotron
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.