[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck? Is "Zeta Gundam is good" just an elaborate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Zeta_Gundam.jpg (327 KB, 1055x1600) Image search: [Google]
Zeta_Gundam.jpg
327 KB, 1055x1600
What the fuck? Is "Zeta Gundam is good" just an elaborate troll? I finally finished forcing myself to watch this shit and it is worse than 0079 in every way.
>worse story
>worse characters
>worse music
>worse mobile suits
>autistic writing
It also ruins every returning character from 0079, mostly ruining Char and Amuro.
Overall, Zeta Gundam is a complete clusterfuck and I can't imagine ZZ could be any worse than it. I can't really explain in detail why Zeta is shit because I am still in complete shock that people consider this better than 0079 or good at all. The only worse mecha show I have seen is maybe MOSPEADA.
>>
>>13706119

Yeah, I just finished Zeta not too long ago. Too much of the character motivations and plots were either too thin or made no sense at all either because they either didn't portray the situation well enough or they tried to explain everything with newtypes. Lazy writing regardless.

The animation was good for it's time, been when the rose-tinted glasses come off, the series has aged terribly.
>>
>>13706119
>What the fuck? Is "Zeta Gundam is good" just an elaborate troll? I finally finished forcing myself to watch this shit and it is worse than 0079 in every way.
>worse story
>worse characters
>worse music
>worse mobile suits
>autistic writing
It also ruins every returning character from 0079, mostly ruining Char and Amuro.
Overall, Zeta Gundam is a complete clusterfuck and I can't imagine ZZ could be any worse than it. I can't really explain in detail why Zeta is shit because I am still in complete shock that people consider this better than 0079 or good at all.
I know, right?
>The only worse mecha show I have seen is maybe MOSPEADA.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT FUCKING NOW YOU TASTELESS PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
>>13706119
>What the fuck? Is "Zeta Gundam is good" just an elaborate troll?
No, it's just the Zetafags who succesfully deluded everyone for years into thinking that its shit show is any good. Glad to see people are finally coming to its senses.
>>
I'm glad that even amidst the shitstorm of IBO and G-Reco, there will always be people bitching about Zeta and Destiny.
>>
File: 1424661572685.jpg (75 KB, 667x501) Image search: [Google]
1424661572685.jpg
75 KB, 667x501
>>13706119
Zeta is easily the high point of the Gundam franchise and is better than 0079 in every conceivable way, except that there is no Ramba Ral or Sayla.

Of course this fact triggers the "MUH OYW" autists that infect this board and the Gundam fandom in general. Even Japs hate you cocksuckers.
>>
>>13706250
>Zeta is easily the high point of the Gundam franchise and is better than 0079 in every conceivable way,
Nice delusion you got there

>"MUH OYW" autists
>says the Zetafag
Oh the irony
>>
>>13706119

I think that you are wrong on all those points. I suspect that when you get into the specifics of what is actually wrong with the show people will explain to you that you missed quite a bit on your first watch. Tomino shows are pretty dense, I would suggest coming back to it a year and see what you think of it on your second time through.
>>
If 0079 is better than Zeta, it's only because it's the original Gundam and thus is a fresher story. Otherwise, 0079 and Zeta are pretty much tied as GOAT Gundams.
>>
Tomino shows are pretty much the epitome of "it makes sense if you sit down and really think about it". Whether or not that is a good thing is pretty much up to the viewer.
>>
>>13706266
>>13706280
It's not even that, Tomino has made good shows, it's just that Zeta isn't one of them. He completely fucked up with this show.

>>13706268
>If 0079 is better than Zeta, it's only because it's the original Gundam and thus is a fresher story
No it's better because it's great and Zeta is fucking shit, nothing more than that.

>Otherwise, 0079 and Zeta are pretty much tied as GOAT Gundams.
Hahahaha nice one, keep thinking that and maybe it'll happen.
>>
>>13706286
But why ? The characters have allot of depth and have good arcs ( Reccoca, Kamille and Char especially). Most of the battles are great save some of the stuff near the end.The bleak and desperate atmosphere( which the music does a great job helping with) makes the show constantly tense. The plot consistently moves forward without making any huge jarring leaps. I don't see any reason to hate on it like that.

The only real flaws I can think of is that they repeated Sarah getting captured and escaping one too many times, but even that fits into the general theme of Zeta that people will consistently destroy themselves and make the same mistakes. And Rosamia and Four should have been the same person.
>>
>>13706319
>The characters have allot of depth and have good arcs
Hahaha

>Most of the battles are great
Hahahahaha!

>The bleak and desperate atmosphere( which the music does a great job helping with) makes the show constantly tense
>muh war drama
HAHAHAHA!

>The plot consistently moves forward without making any huge jarring leaps
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh god you're killing me! I forgot that Zetafags are hilarious!
>>
>>13706119
>I can't really explain in detail
Yeah that's because this is a bait thread and you didn't watch Zeta.

>worse music
That was the moment I KNEW this was fake.
>>
>>13706319

https://desustorage.org/m/search/text/zetafags/
Don't waste your time with this shitposter anon, he's very persistent and doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon since he's too autistic to get bored of opinion shitflinging.
>>
Is this Zeta-rager?
>>
>>13706359
Zeta has shit music, so being so deluded and accept the cold hard truth.

>>13706365
>>13706367
>everyone who doesn't like muh purrfect anime is a shitposter!
This why you Zetafags are the worst cancer of /m/
>>
>>13706370
Prove it.
>>
>>13706365
>>13706367
It's like every popular series on /m/ has a dedicated shitposter
>>
>>13706365
Thanks for explaining that to me. I'll just be on my way then. :)
>>
>>13706384
Watch the show. Unless you're a deluded Zetafag, it should be obvious when you watch it.
>>
File: 1440389062525.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1440389062525.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
Alright well I'm leaving this thread. You 3, or maybe 4 people can stay here and shout about how bad Zeta is, but the thread is worthless if there aren't any Zetafags here to argue with. Again, have fun. Thats what shitposting is all about after all.
>>
>>13706399
Valvrave wasn't that popular, was it?
>>
>>13706405
Sure, I'm actually planning on watching it again.
>>
>>13706119
You have to give the show some credit for having the first female lead gundam pilot, Kamille.
>>
OP's a shitposter, but I am wondering where all this praise comes from.
I started watching Zeta recently and it's pretty good, I think. Kamille is intensely flawed and Jared is pretty much a shittier Char (in a good way), but overall it feels like a step back from 0079. The color palette is darker but the animation doesn't look noticably better (aside from new shading and the occasional high-definition close-up shot). The cinematography also feels amateurish, which is crazy considering Tomino did like 7 different series between Gundam and her sequel. I don't like these wacky motions the camera will make in the first half (where the cel gets shaken about during a serious scene to emphasize seriousness). There's a lot of romance, which is at least refreshing compared to the haremshit I've been flooding my brain with recently. Some might have issues with suspension of disbelief, but all the main characters are newtypes so I can reasonably accept that they'd fall in love so quickly. I didn't like that the first few episodes were so reminiscent of 0079, and I also didn't like the recurring characters' interactions. Hayato and Kai have great respect for Char, but they only really knew him as "that guy who almost fucked our shit up every week for a year." Also, Kai finds it dishonorable that Char is a footsoldier despite Char not even being 30 in Zeta. I can understand the White Base crew respecting Char for the same reason he respects them, but they don't know shit about his politics aside from the fact that he's an environmentalist and he killed the Zabis. Amuro and Char treat each other like old friends, but the last interaction they had was a swordfight over Amuro killing Char's mom.
>>
>>13706595
Uh oh he's switching tactics
They're evolving
Nextpost will complain about Zetafags
>>
>>13706595

Jerid never really did go anywhere as a character, he had moments but as a character he was stuck as "the rival" he wasn't a mover or shaker, and he never really developed a motivation beyond revenge. That's also somewhat similar to Char, he's still got a grudge but there's more to him than that.
>>
>>13706609
I'm being serious. Don't let spicposting invade Gundam. You can still stop it now.
>>
>>13706595

I diidn't even notice that Kai was in Zeta.
>>
>>13706624
I think it's neat how the more Kamille grows, the more Jerid deteriorates. Even though Kamille only even remembers who Jared is because of their continued battles (he totally forgot about the matricide, you could tell when he encountered Jerid for the first time after returning from Earth), revenge becomes Jerid's thing. He's totally obsessed with it.
I could never tell if Char was developing or if he was just a flip-floppy kind of guy. Then he has that conversation with Kycilia towards the end about how he's impulsive and completely forgot about his revenge because muh newtype teenage girlfriend, so it must have been an intentional thing.
>>
File: hamann.jpg (47 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
hamann.jpg
47 KB, 960x720
>>13706119

Fuck You , Haman is perfection
>>
>>13706658
Jerid kept thinking about it because Kamille kept killing his friends and loved ones.

While I think Kamille matured at the end of teh series, I think it's a bit unfair to say that Jerid was a madman obsessed when his foe is a very real threat that keeps taking more and more away from him. He never gets the chance to ignore Kamille, because he always finds himself mourning someone's death and/or right next to Kamille.
>>
>>13706595
>but all the main characters are newtypes so I can reasonably accept that they'd fall in love so quickly

One thing that people seem to miss is that the point of the Rosamia arc is to explicitly explain that Newtype connection are not actual romances. Rosamia asks Kamille about Four and If he loves her, Kamille says that he thought that he did but that he didnt actually, and that rather his relationship was the same kind of thing he and Rosamia have. Once he realizes that what he felt for Four is the same as he did with Rosamia, while him and Rosamia had a brother/sister thing going on he realized that newtype connections are'nt romances.

In 0079 we have the same deal, Lalah and Amuro never were in love or anything of the like, Lalah had a romance with Char and an NT connection with Amuro. Tomino probably caught that people weren't getting that so he made it more explicit in Zeta with the Rosamia arc.

I also don't think that any of the WB crew considered Char their buddy,rather he was a deikun heir who stood for spacenoids against the Zabis and the EF- knowing this, he was politically just the right guy for the AEUG to gain mass support since Zabi zeons are scary to earthnoids and EF people are scary to spacenoids.

>>13706658

That is one of things I loved with how Zeta handled their characters. Jerid at episode 22 has "more" to him than he does at episode 48. At some point in the early part of the series he actually had legitimate goals, by the end he was just a blathering mess who was obsessed with revenge.

Kamille on the other hand went from atustimo-anger kid in episode 1 to being one of the more sane people left in the cast by episode 50. Despite Jerid killing his mom and Four, Kamille's mind is on the big picture at the end.
Having a rivalry where one character totally evolves and the other totally devolves is something really cool that I rate Zeta highly for.
>>
>>13706700
He killed Kamille's mom, Kamille killed Jerid's senpai, even stevens. By then he already had the same boner for Kamille that Char did for Amuro.
>>
File: 1232254918284.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1232254918284.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
>implying this isn't the greatest mecha of all time
>>
>>13706119
>char had sunglasses

Zeta is automatically the greatest series, regardless of shit tier writing
>>
>>13706119
>I finally finished forcing myself to watch this shit and it is worse than 0079 in every way.

I think we know who the real troll here is
>>
Why is Zeta's second OP so fucking terrible?
>>
>>13706904
They saved their mojo for ANIME JA NAI!!!
>>
>>13706904
It ends abruptly.
>>
>>13706119
I forgot how angry this show made me. It abandoned a lot of what I liked about 0079, had a really stupid plot, and characters that just weren't worth paying attention to. After maybe 10-12 episodes I stopped paying attention, because of how terrible it was
>>
Zeta Gundam gave me the MKII so I couldn't care less about the rest of the show.
I'd rather spend my time looking for Kyoji anyway.
>>
this thread is just some bait.
>>
Why does this board not have moderators
>>
File: BS7Bkwd.gif (458 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
BS7Bkwd.gif
458 KB, 400x225
>>13706119
You live a very sad life
>>
>>13706904
No lyric fills my heart with passion quite like
>MO~UUUUUUUUUUU NAKANA~IDEEE
>>
>>13706189
I'd say it's good, but 0079 is quite better.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.