[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Odaiba's Gundam Front
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
I'm visiting Japan in several days and will be at Gundam Front for a few hours. Besides the gift shop and the statue, which parts of this are must-sees?
>>
Is the "assemble your own HG Gundam" thing worth it? I'm not quite sure how it works.
>>
Well, I'll try to take lots of pictures at least.
>>
>>13698797
>the gift shop
Only if specifically Gundam Front Tokyo merchandise. All other Gundam merchandise is found cheaper in other stores.

Skip the Gundam Cafe if you are going to the one in Akihabara, there are no seats in the cafe at Odaiba.

You should see whatever current movie thing they are having in the G-Dome, they change it a few times a year.

If you happen to be there before Jan 6, the GBWC winners/finalists will be on display, it's once a year thing. I myself have not had the chance to be in Japan during this time of the year where the entries are available to the public to see.
>>
>>13698886
>Higher prices
It figures. I planned to get my Gunpla through HLJ anyhow.
>Cafe has no seats
I'm not going to be going to Akihabara this trip. Did you mean they literally have no seats or that it is always packed?
>G-Dome
How long are these movies? I will have an hour or two at most.
>>
>>13698915
Not that guy but literally no seating, there's like one standing table and that's it. They only serves sandwiches and hit dogs and shit.

The movies are like 10-15 minutes each.
>>
>>13698915
>How long are these movies? I will have an hour or two at most.
That's really not enough for Odaiba, seriously, since it's out of the way (only Yurikamome and rinkaisen) and the place is massive. You need a whole day and hit both Diver City and Aqua City.

If you're on a limited schedule, Akihabara is a way better stop due to accessibility and the variety being compressed into a smaller area.
>>
>>13698983
My plans don't include going to any of the other places in Odaiba. Just Gundam Front.
>>
File: 2c.jpg (74 KB, 529x768) Image search: [Google]
2c.jpg
74 KB, 529x768
Im going to odaiba to see the gundam front too sometime in feb. While I'm in the area, what else should I check out?

I plan to buy the gft version of the RX-78 megasize
>>
>>13699054
Theme parks, arcades, and waterparks. Also a replica statue of liberty for some reason?
>>
>>13699054
Go to the Sands (I think that is the name) Mall across the street from Fuji TV, they've got a area on the upper floors there that's basically a replica version of shops from the 50's. It was on Gamecenter CX, it's a good time.
>>
I walked from shinjiku to this fucking statues for 3 hours and it was fucking worth it. the shop itself is give or take. I didn't see as many kits thst I would've wanted except the gundam front hg clear G self I bought my friend for Christmas cus he's a Reco fag. take the train to Akihabara and have a good time at that Gundam cafe.
>>
>>13698797
You know, that life-sized Gundam really does look better after it's been rained on for a while. Such subtle weathering!
>>
>>13699598
You means 'Decks' and yeah, it's a cool place. Sega's Joypolis indoor theme park is there too.

>>13698797
What time will you be there? The light shows on the statue happen in the evening. The current involves projection mapping and is well worth a watch.
>>
>>13698797

If you go there at night, they have a light show with an animation that plays on the big screens right by the Gundam. The Gundam also moves a bit, and the cockpit opens up at one point with Amuro and those 3 kids.

I recommend checking out the Samsung and Sony exhibit as well, I spent too much time exploring Odaiba and they were closed by the time I reached those exhibits.

I'm planning to go back in April though with my cousin.

Also don't waste your money on the Gundam pod games at Round One in Odaiba, if you can, check out the Taito arcade in Shinjuku. They charge a lot less for their Gundam pod games then Akiba or Odaiba arcades.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Not OP but I was just there today.
>>
>>13707660
Looks like it has SD Gundam eyes.
>>
Going tomorrow.
I need a shirt with /m/ on it.
This is our Mecca.
>>
>>13708162
buy a white t-shirt
buy a magnum marker
write "/m/" on it
>>
>>13708177
surely you're a newtype.
>>
>>13708162
It is truly the Mecca for people like us. I plan on going this year.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.