[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'sup /m/; I dropped watching anime like 6 years ago, but,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
'sup /m/; I dropped watching anime like 6 years ago, but, lately I've playing this motherfucking masterpiece and I had this imperial need to watch some shit.

Any thing worthy in the last couple of years? I used to keep track of my watched stuff but got lost on some HDD somewhere...
>>
>>13692194
How 'bout VOTOMs?
>>
>>13692194
>Any thing worthy in the last couple of years?
The Aquarion franchise, Aldnoah.Zero, Gundam: Reconguista in G, Cross Ange, Gargantia, Samurai Flamenco, Nobunaga The Fool, Nobunagun, Majestic Prince, M3: The Dark Metal, Lagrange, and Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean come to mind.

Avoid: Valvrave, Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, Daimidaler, Dai Shogun, Gundam-san, Gundam Age, the second Build Fighters series (Try), and Muv Luv Total Eclipse.

Captain Earth is very hit and miss, action and art are nice with an ultra-adorable mascot, but the pacing and music are less than stellar.
>>
>>13692202

I think I had it on some DVD because it was getting a re-release on blu ray or something like that; where is a good point to start with it? Cause I know it has a lot of OVAs and shit
>>
>>13692220
Just start from the beginning.
>>
>>13692219
Also Buddy Complex is solid, I keep forgetting that one.
>>
>>13692219

Thanks for your answer! The Aquarion franchise back then lwas too much CGI for me, would have to check it out again...

Is really that bad Iron Blooded orphans? I saw a PV and it looked interesting....

Also what about G - Thunderbolt?

>>13692225

Okay, thanks!
>>
>>13692219
>Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean

This should be under avoid, anon. Shit was bad and I hadn't even seen the original show at that point either.
>>
6 years? If you haven't seen it: Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen on Television.
>>
>>13692270

A friend was really into that series back then, he kept insisting that I should watch it but for some reason it wasn't my cup of tea.

>>13692277

Yep, I only watched Psycho pass like a year ago (because it was from Production IG...) and none more animu for me. After watching LotGH everything became just too dull and simple...

Okay, I'm writing it down to watch at least 1 episode of each of this series
How bad is the new GitS series?
>>
>>13692258
>Is really that bad Iron Blooded orphans? I saw a PV and it looked interesting....
It is fucking boring, plus opinions on the MC are sharply divided.
>Also what about G - Thunderbolt?
Haven't seen it yet, a good chunk of /m/ seems to like it though.
>This should be under avoid, anon. Shit was bad and I hadn't even seen the original show at that point either.
I disagree, it was basically everything the first series failed to deliver, the only real draw backs were that it wasn't as straight forward and didn't have as many neat ship designs.
>>
>>13692258
IBO is probably way better when marathoned.
>>
>>13692302
>Okay, I'm writing it down to watch at least 1 episode of each of this series
Just a note if you care: Aquarion shows have not-so-great first episodes, they really don't encompass the good parts. What you use with this info is up to you.
>>
File: 1400538819236.png (45 KB, 197x261) Image search: [Google]
1400538819236.png
45 KB, 197x261
>>13692302
> After watching LotGH everything became just too dull and simple...
Everybody go home, its a bait thread.
>>
>>13692304

What a shame, it looked like a real serious and appealing series to old guys like me, lol, but can't never tell a book by its cover....

I will check it out anyway...

>>13692307

They're halfway through the series, no?

>>13692314

I'll keep that in mind.

Also, another dumb question (Keep in mind my knowledge is from the past, 2009 is way back in time if you think about it), what fansubs should I pick up/avoid? Or are fansubs dead by now?
>>
>>13692342

Not even close, anon. Its new years eve, am about to get drunk as my liver and kidneys can handle, so, no, for real.
>>
>>13692359
>what fansubs should I pick up/avoid?
GG's subs of Sacred Seven are the only ones I can think of, the rest of /m/ has a serious hate boner for TV-Nihon because they bother to use translator notes.
>are fansubs dead by now?
Bioman and Gyrozetter just finished and Daltanious has picked up again after a long ass hiatus since 2011. If you're interested in watching toku, Ultraman series are currently being bought up by Crunchyroll to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
>>
>>13692377
>Bioman and Gyrozetter just finished
Adding to this, most of Super Sentai has been completely subbed with the exceptions of Goranger (half way), JAKQ, Denziman, Goggle-V, Dynaman (rumored to be in the works be MegaAnon), Turboranger, Fiveman, GoGoV (being done now), and Timeranger. Zyuranger and Dairanger also had official North American DVD releases by Shout Factory.

For anime, DiscoTek released a fuckton of awesome shit like Mazinger Z, TV Devilman, TV Cutey Honey, Orguss, and Giant Gorg with 70s Gaiking coming this February.
>>
>>13692409
>forgot about Changeman and Flashman
Fuck, but at least they are being worked on frequently.
>>13692377
>Ultraman series are currently being bought up by Crunchyroll to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
Also this, Ultraman Nexus is scheduled to be coming soon and most fans say it is the best of the franchise.
>>
>>13692369
If you're getting that trashed youd want shit closer to Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu or Penguindrum.
>>
>>13692461
>twintails
>blackout drunk
He'd miss all the tokufaggotry that makes it good.
>>
>>13692461
>Penguindrum.
That was garbage though
>>
>>13692525
He'll be up to his tits in the creature, so he'll get a kick out of tthe visuals.
>>
>>13692359
>are fansubs dead by now?
Not so. Besides what's been said, Orphan Fansubs recently finished Hi-Speed Jecy, DmonHiro somehow completed all the uncensored Maze LDs, all of Da Garn got subs, sasword somehow came back to resume Goldran, Hokuto no Gun did all of Ramenman (despite Kinnikuman being put on temporary hiatus, but they still got plenty of manga to keep themselves busy) and Luurah is going faster these days on Dai Apolon and Daikengo (and he's finally started Ginguiser, in case you want to watch that drunk).

>>13692409
>rumored to be in the works be MegaAnon
The only downside is BunnyHat is apparently missing the final volume for the raws, so this may get slowed down.
>>
>>13692194
OVER THE RAINBOW
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.