[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wanna into mazinger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: MazingerZ-front.jpg (481 KB, 800x684) Image search: [Google]
MazingerZ-front.jpg
481 KB, 800x684
hi /m/ i want to get into Mazinger but there seem to be fucktons of them and honestly i don't know in what order should i watch them/skip them
anyone wanna give me advice? i also saw that mazinger series have some kind of connection to getter series, how so? do i need to watch getter too if i want to get into mazinger?

thanks in advance, have a nice day
>>
>>13613731
read the manga and watch mazinkaiser.
it has no connection to Getter, other than the creators being fuck buddies.
>>
>>13613731
If you were me, I'd just say watch Shin Mazinger, read Shin Mazinger ZERO and skip the rest.

But I don't know what you're into. If plotless, MotW is more of your thing, watch the original series. Unless you don't want to have to sit through 98 episodes of character assassination and QUALITY, that is, in which case just read the manga and/or watch the Mazinkaiser OVA.

Mazinger has a lot of crossover sidestories with Getter, but Getter has nothing to do with Mazinger's main stories and vice versa.
>>
>>13613731
Manga, Mazinkaiser or Shin Mazinger. Pick one and then check out the other two after finishing your first pick. After that you'll know what to do.
>>
>>13613731
Crabsticks.
>>
File: douglas why.png (359 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
douglas why.png
359 KB, 720x540
>>13613731
watching crabstick is what makes you a real /m/an or not
>>
File: 1427064970290.png (600 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1427064970290.png
600 KB, 624x480
>>13613938
This right here
>>
File: 1389395471818.jpg (33 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1389395471818.jpg
33 KB, 624x480
>>13613731
>i also saw that mazinger series have some kind of connection to getter series, how so?
Just a couple of continuity free crossover movies, nothing more.
>do i need to watch getter too
Nope.
>Do real men watch crabsticks?
Yes, but I will understand if you're not man enough to handle them. Not everyone is.
>>
>>13613938
Which version is the crabsticks again? To my understanding there's the crabsticks and the fucking subs.
>>
>>13613838
>>13613938
>>13614737
The crabstick shit needs to stop. No reason to bother with it anymore just because of those oh so funny shit chink translations.
>>13614745
Just buy the Discotek DVDs or download the rips of them.
>>
>>13614737
It's this fucking dumbass again. Leave with your shit incorrect opinions and never come back.
>>
>>13614804
u wot? One light hearted comment about crabsticks is not enough for you to have any idea about my opinions.
Go on, put words in my mouth. Tell me what you think I'm trying to say.
>>
>>13614846
Don't think I don't recognize you from other threads asswipe. You are a disgrace to this entire board.
>>
>>13614865
Cool avoiding the question, bro. But I think I recognise you too. You're the one who chucks a wobbly every time somebody expresses an opinion that conflicts with your own. I haven't even done that in this thread, try to stay on topic.
>>
File: 1448871686680.png (325 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1448871686680.png
325 KB, 624x480
>>13614772
>>13614804
>>13614865
Here comes the butthurt.
>>
File: godot.jpg (63 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
godot.jpg
63 KB, 300x300
>go into this thread expecting some recommendations
>instead it's just shitposting about DUWANG five posts in
I'm getting a lot of mixed signals from the actual recommendations here. I guess I can just read the original manga and go into mazinkaiser as said before but is there a list or something of series worth watching/reading?
>>
>>13615149
>he thinks it's shitposting

Mazinkaizer SKL
>>
>>13615149
>series worth watching/reading?
All of them. What are you? A pleb?
>>
>>13615149
Manga - Cute slice of life comedy/monster of the week mecha manga
Toeizinger from 1974 - Shitty version of manga
Mazinkaiser - Good adaptation of the manga, however it's meant to shill Mazinkaiser so you get a different robot. Pretty damn good dub
Shin - Basically the same as any other Imagawa anime, but with Mazinger.

Spin-offs are your own deal
>>
>>13613731
Play SRW
>>
>>13613808
Fucking cancer.
>>
>>13613938
fuck that image made me laugh
>>
>>13613731
Production order

Original Mazinger anime also known ans Toei Mazinger has 3 sequels those are
-Great Mazinger
-Grendizer
It also has several movies that take place during or after the TV shows where they cross over with Getter Robo.

Mazinkaiser is a 7 episode OVA with one movie and is not a sequel but a retelling of Mazinger Z, instead of having Great Mazinger save the day, we get Mazinkaiser and we get to see how fearful of a machine it is.

Shin Mazinger Chapter Z (or Impact Z)
Is a new alternate take on Mazinger, the show focuses on the story of how Mazinger came to be and Koji's origins it doesn't have a many crazy mecha fights compared to the Toei Mazinger or Mazinkaiser because its more story focused. First episode may confuse you but it's all part of the show.

Mazinkaiser SKL
Is an alternate universe set far in the future where Mazinkaiser is sealed under the ruins of the Photon Lab, Kaido and Magami uncovered it from the ruins, it is a 3 episode OVA it has a simple story and its non-stop action with Metal Music as a complement.
There is also God Mazinger anime but here Mazinger is a stone statue that is controlled by the user's soul. Can't really say much about God Mazinger since I haven't seen it but it takes a lot of ideas from the Manga. Z Mazinger
>>
>>13616352
>Production order
>Original Mazinger anime
The manga came out first.
>>
>>13617312
who gives a shit
>>
>>13617449
The guy who said production order. Duh.
>>
>>13617312
No one gives a fuck about the manga
>>
Original manga, Toei Mazinger movies, Mazinkaiser + movie, Shin Mazinger + Shin Malzinger Zero manga.
Super Robot Wars Alpha series if you want more of Toei Mazinger and original Banpresto's Mazinkaizer.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.