[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone link Kamen Rider recommendations charts? Also is Drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Kamen_Rider_Drive.png (736 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Kamen_Rider_Drive.png
736 KB, 1024x576
Can anyone link Kamen Rider recommendations charts? Also is Drive a good starting series? I really loved the designs I saw in promo pics.
>>
It's decent. There isn't really anywhere that you can't start, short of Dickeido, since the shows are largely designed to attract the attention of kids (many of who start watching with any given series).

Crossovers rarely/never impact story events, except when they're explicitly used for movie promotions. They don't start mattering until Dickeido or so, though they've happened in the past before (Ryuki and Agito, Den-O and Kiva, Den-O and Dickeido, Den-O and fucking everybody else).
>>
>>13588194
Thanks. I'll be sure to avoid those crossovers you mentioned then.
>>
>>13588186
>Can anyone link Kamen Rider recommendations charts?
There is no need for one.
>Mostly every installment of the franchise is a self-contained story with a different protagonist, set of villains and plot, so you can pick any one you find appealing and start there. The original Kamen Rider series and manga, V3, Black, ZO, Kuuga, Kabuto, Double and Fourze are usually recommended as good starting points.
http://kamenriderguide.weebly.com/

>Also is Drive a good starting series?
As good as any. Though a lot of people feel it doesn't get good until around episode 25 or so.
>>
>>13588186
Drive is a fine starting point, I'd say. It stands alone save for the finale which leads into Ghost, while still being a Drive episode.

Usually W -> OOO -> Fourze is the recommendation for modern Heisei.
>>
>>13588263
>>13588264
Am I missing anything essential by starting Heisei? Is it recommended that I eventually go back and experience those original stories? I have heard lots of good things about black and i've read the original Kamen Rider manga.
>>
>>13588275
>Am I missing anything essential by starting Heisei?
>Mostly every installment of the franchise is a self-contained story with a different protagonist, set of villains and plot, so you can pick any one you find appealing and start there

You're fine to start wherever. While people do praise Black a lot, I don't think it's as good and feel some other Showa are better. Of course taht doesn't mean not to watch any of the Showa series. Those are pretty good stuff too, albeit a bit different than the Heisei stuff.
>>
>>13588280
Okay. Thanks anon. I'll be starting Drive tonight.
>>
>>13588283
Have fun, it was my first Rider and I loved it from episode one.

Buckle up and have a NICE DRIVE
>>
>>13588203
While the crossovers don't matter plot wise, there are still cool series
>>
>>13588203
No... no, don't do that.
Crossovers in the W-verse matter. You shouldn't just skip them. Drive, by the way, is in the W-verse.
>>
>>13588194
They did matter, before Kuuga. In fact, they mattered so much that calling them "crossover" was just silly. That's just how the universe was. It stopped being that way with Kuuga, and later came back when Dickeido united everything.

They "don't matter" in the sense that you can ignore the movies if you like. Yes, even with W, Den-O or Fourze (those were the series that have been connected to their movies the most).

If you want the most complete experience IMO, watch them. The specials too (Drive has a lot of them: the team-up with Ninninger, Episode #0 with Proto-Drive, Kamen Rider 4: the continuation of the Kamen Rider 3 film, etc.).

As for your question, OP, I think Drive is a great series to start with. It's one of those that really represents the basics of Kamen Rider very well. All the racing aspects and emphasis on the vehicles parallel great with the original series, and it continues to have the great "questioning what makes one human" theme that Kamen Rider is known for.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.