[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see nobody wants to make a thread for the new SD Gundam G
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
I see nobody wants to make a thread for the new SD Gundam G Gen game, so I will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK56tVMXuQw
>>
>>14483664
About fucking time. The first preview was in December last year.
>>
if that's the animations then that looks really damn nice, I hope the gameplay isn't like Overworld though.
>>
>>14483710
I like the new animations and I hope they keep them for the next game that hopefully has more than UC in it.
>>
They cancelled the PS3 version, fucking swine
>>
>>14484157
Fucking why. It's Vita that's limiting the game, not the PS3
>>
>>14484170
hardware limitations have nothing to do with this
it's the PS3 that can easily pirate it
>>
>2 Vita carts

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN
>>
>>14483710
What was wrong with Overworld?
>>
>>14484342
They standardized the shit out of everything which made things pretty bland on top of other choices that I'm too incompetent and lazy to properly list.

>>14483664
Anyway, that preview looks pretty fucking good. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>14484342
it's too easy like most recent g gen games. it's just really boring and the game feels like a drag by the time you get to B or C levels.
>>
>>14483664
Oh wow, we might actually have a G Gen series with decent animations for once.

Now wake me when they start doing sequels with post-Unicorn and AU series.
>>
I liked the older G-Gen games ( I think its 'F' I am thinking of specifically?) because they included more non-ms units, as in support machines and unusual choices.

For another thing it was really interesting when you went through the 'story' battles because these extra units made the scenarios more unique as they recreated the shows.

It was a much more in-depth form of fanservice missing in the later games.
>>
You can't Share or Remote Play the PS4 version
You can't take Vita screenshots

Per the course for Bamco games
>>
>>14484342
It was all but identical to World.
>>
>>14484170
ps3 game sales have been declining now. Vita sales are still decent since japs play on the train.
>>
>>14484170
And to deal with that, they're putting the Vita version on 2 carts.

PS3 sales are slowly falling
>>
>>14484461
>>14485383
I think they actually made Overworld harder, because in both WARS and World, you could steamroll everyone 5 stages in, by just focusing on melee. I was kinda surprised when I completed the first block with the GP-01 and saw 125000 damage pop up from a super critical.

Also, the warships cost 3x as much money for no reason in Overworld, and Hell Mode is actually harder this time.
>>
You guys think Custom Pilots are coming back? I've liked that the most out of the more recent G Gen games.
>>
File: pink zaft chan.jpg (95 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
pink zaft chan.jpg
95 KB, 1366x768
>>14486995
I sure hope so.
>>
people actually like these grinding kusoges?
>>
So has it been confirmed yet which Side Stories will be getting full fledged missions?
>>
>>14487055
Being able to use any combination of your favorite units is fun for a little while. They do wear thin after you see the animations a few times though. I'm guessing that's why we got such a long break between this and the last game on PSP. Not getting this though. No late UC and no AU makes this a no buy.
>>
>>14490492
I doubt it somewhat, in the PV some of the Side Story characters seem to be unvoiced.
>>
>>14484595
Yeah it was fun as shit doing Odessa and Jaburo on F, you got to command Fly Mantas, Type-61's and tons of random GM variants and a few Big Trays it really made it more immersive.
>>
Is this one going to get a SEA subbed release? Because I think by now they should know westerners are more than happy to chip in extra to get such versions.
>>
>>14483664
I have never been a fan of any Gundam based games except SRW which has some characters from the Gundam anime series.

If you want to play some serious mecha-based video game, you'd be better off with Armoured Core.
>>
>>14492099
That's unfortunate, some of my favorite missions from previous games were from the side stories.
>>
>>14483664
that some cool ass animation
but uh
its not JUST UC is it?
>>
>>14492179
>If you want to play some serious mecha-based video game, you'd be better off with Armoured Core.

You know you have to be over 18 to post here, right?
>>
>>14492240
Of course not!
It is.
>>
>>14486995
In the trailer it lists GGen originals along with the other entries, so it's highly likely.
>>
>>14493035
The originals are dudes like Mark and Junas, so not necessarily.
>>
>>14492240
worse its JUST EARLY UC
>>
>>14493114
I sure hope Junas is back from the trip to the void he took during the last couple of games.
>>
>>14493124
Is there really any reason why the removed him? It's weird we got shitloads of unvoiced characters yet they removed a guy who's always been voiced.
>>
>>14492099
Even though the side story characters weren't shown and heard when it showed their units in the PV, I don't think it means that they're not in the game. It might've been a design choice of the PV. They might show up in a later PV. We might even get full fledged missions for the side stories in the game.

>>14492138
Yeah. There will be an English version.
>>
I'm tempted to get the subbed version (which is a little cheaper), but I'm put off by the fact that DLCs are limited to the Singapore PSN. Do you think Bamco will add DLCs to this?

For that matter, if you own a Vita game in physical format, does it use up any space on the memory card, barring saves? It really feels like the digital version could use up most of the measly 8 GB that come with a Vita.
>>
File: list.jpg (258 KB, 1605x726) Image search: [Google]
list.jpg
258 KB, 1605x726
>>14492240
See for yourself.
>>
>>14493392
>Gihrens Ambition
But what? Like the one original dude and the Proto Mk.II?
>>
I won't get Genesis if it wank on Unicorn too much

Literally UC Timeline ruined by that Banana
>>
File: yawning.jpg (19 KB, 368x350) Image search: [Google]
yawning.jpg
19 KB, 368x350
>UC only
>>
>>14493615
Spirits was UC only and it was way better than Wars, World and Overworld.
>>
>>14494494
no, it was not
enjoy your early UC shit trash that will bomb
>>
>>14494507
>everyone is voiced
>every series got a few stages, even side-stories
>events adding enemies and reinforcements without going full retard
>everyone can pilot everything
>a bunch of obscure MSV
>hard as fuck
>awakened Turn A is the final boss
They fucked it with the Haro points and no Sentinel stages, but still better than the newest G Gens.
>>
>>14483664
The Quin Mantha looks sexy as fuck. I'm also digging ZZ's combination sequence. I hope there are more of those. And of course cockpit views being back and more emphasized than ever is great too. Can't wait to get my most likely poorly translated Asian version!
>>
>>14494551
It even featured little story stages like the Alex Vs. Kampfer where you had to complete the stage with only the units there to get to the actual stage.
>>
>>14494552
It's a Gundam game 50/50 it gets a somewhat decent trans or shit.
>>
They better fucking put ZZ Activate! in this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_FYq3GoRQ
>>
>>14494612
Those missions were cool, they were a good introduction to the real stage except THAT 0083 mission.
>>
>>14495104
Those missions made me buy the official guidebook. Some of them a specific strategy to even clear them.
>>
>>14495104
Which one exactly are you referring to?
>>
>>14495229
That one you're surrounded by enemies and you have some shitty units.
>>
>>14495258
The stage based on the Africa section?
>>
>>14483664
>overpriced
>overdesigned
>on increasingly obsolete platforms

Not /m/obage?

Pass.

I'm not paying out the ass for the console and import, all for a game that's entirely in moon runes, just to see that a pirate's already ripped attack videos and a gameplay walkthrough onto jewtube for the low price of free.

Given their shitty lineup of existing mobage, now would be a great time for bamco to actually start moving their bread and butter games to far more popular (and cheaper) platforms so that they can get a leg up on competition AND increase their potential stream of revenue beyond the Sony fanboy crowd.

But with nips being nips, they'll probably continue to ignore the western demographic as well as changing trends in consumer electronics, all because they're stuck in their traditionalist, extremely hierarchal corporate cultures run by a bunch of aging, visionless fossils.

But hey, I guess a gundam game is a gundam game, even though it's not radically different from the past two decades worth of G Gens, nor is it a revolutionary twist like DWG or GB.

All in all, I'll give it a tentative shit/10 for now, at least until there's some actual gameplay to judge.
>>
File: Level99PsycoHaro.jpg (233 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Level99PsycoHaro.jpg
233 KB, 640x480
>>14486784

The reason why Overworld feels harder is due to the stat upgrades when your units level up is not as big compared to previous G-Gen games, I'm pretty sure if I ever bothered to Lv. 99 a Psyco Haro in Overworld it'd be a lot less powerful than pic related (taken from World) since all stat upgrades are now fixed to 250 HP / 2 EN / 1 ATK/DEF/MOB per upgrade

>Also, the warships cost 3x as much money for no reason in Overworld

Actually not all Warships that become more expensive, only all-terrain Warships had the 3x cost multipler while all other terrain-specific ones still had the old cost

>>14496644

>Expect SCAMCO to ever give a fuck about the Western market

LaughingSCAMCOExecutives.gif you should've know by now that non-Asian gaijins are basically the tertiary market for Gundam games
>>
>>14494628
hopefully custom BGM will still be in the game, I don't have a lot of faith in recent BGM choices.
>>
>>14501137
Yeah the really love choosing terribly fitting themes for the battle themes.
>>
>>14496644
how big is the stick in your ass? 10 inches? 20?
>>
>>14501290
>implying you know a thing or two about sticking things up your ass
>>
Anyone got that youtube of a g generation video of God Gundam being piloted by different people shouting God Finger?
>>
File: alaws chan.jpg (56 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
alaws chan.jpg
56 KB, 960x544
>>14505612
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVEd72A-r5o
>>
File: NPJH50681_00033.jpg (53 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
NPJH50681_00033.jpg
53 KB, 960x544
If it doesn't have custom pilots I will be a lot less interested.
>>
>>14505631
Oh wow thanks.

By the way, I'm preordering Genesis on the Vita cause a Vita's all I got.

>>14505636
I heard they won't have custom pilots.
>>
>>14505640
Where did you learn about not having custom pilots? People here still didn't seem to know.
>>
>>14505641
Well it does seem the game is going back to how spirits was and influenced art-wise by Neo so it might not.
>>
>>14505631
Setting the nervous KanaHana voice to A-Laws-chan was great.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.