[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /m/ what's the biggest mech ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 20090223-zearth.jpg (74 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
20090223-zearth.jpg
74 KB, 375x500
Hey /m/ what's the biggest mech ever?
>>
File: 1459526782350.png (13 KB, 540x288) Image search: [Google]
1459526782350.png
13 KB, 540x288
Demonbane, in more ways than one.
>>
>>14483113
Zearth fucking sucked,why did that anime have to be so dark?
>>
>>14483113
>>14483149
I thnk the biggest mechs are Zearth, Demonbane, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Getter Emperor, the last of which just might be the biggest since it's meant to keep growing and growing
>>14483155
If you think Bakurano was dark, you should read the dude's earlier manga, Narutaru.

It's a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>14483113
Mars Demonbane, hands down.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (189 KB, 960x701) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
189 KB, 960x701
STTGL is nearly 53bn light years tall
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CXNa_m52r0
Get ready for an 8 minute ride OP.
>>
>>14484473
Narutaru is a perfect example of bait and switch. Those magnificent bastards
>>
>>14484863
Getter Emperor is ever-expanding.

In other words, it will be bigger than STTGL eventually.
>>
>>14484863
that doesn't make sense though, what happens when a drill is so big that it doesn't even fit into the heavens?
>>
>>14488789
That means the heavens have been pierced.
>>
>>14488800
that is the path that leads to destruction!
>>
If you discount the impossibly big ones (Tengen Toppa, Demonbane, Getter Emperor), there's Danguard Ace, Gunbuster, Daitarn 3.

>>14483155
>Zearth fucking sucked,why did that anime have
to be so dark?
The robot was just a plot device, the battles mostly sucked. And you should read the manga. The ending is more satisfying, and Jun has to kill every human in his opponent's Earth during the final battle.
>>
>>14485775

Only visual depictions count. The biggest Getter Emperor has been officially shown is still much smaller than STTGL.
>>
>>14488852
So edgy.
>>
Gunbuster - 240 meters
Danguard Ace - 200 meters
Iron Gear (Xabungle) - 128.6 meters
Mechander Robo, Daikengo, Daitarn 3 - 120 meters
>>
>>14488862
>So edgy.
lol xd meme
>>
>>14488862
Read the last chapters of the manga, there's a good reason for that.
>>
>>14483149
/tv/ has ruined me.
>>
>>14484863
Yeah, but not in realspace
>>
>>14488899
>Read the last chapters of the manga, there's a good reason for that.

I read Bokurano recently and that part gave me chills.
>>
>>14483113
Demonbane.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 496x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 496x599
>>14484863
How is that relevant to this thread? protip: it isn't
>>
>>14483113
Did they make a live action Bokurano?
>>
>>14485775
>Getter Emperor is ever-expanding.
>In other words, it will be bigger than STTGL eventually.
Wrong. Getter Emperor only gets bigger as it devours things, and there's actually a pretty small amount of matter in the universe.
>>
>>14488866
Macross Frontier/Macross Galaxy - 1,186m
Macross Quarter - 316m
>>
>>14484863
>STTGL
>As big as the universe

Everytime I see someone say that, I remind myself that no one actually watched Gurren Lagann.

>>14488852
>If you discount the impossibly big ones (Tengen Toppa, Demonbane, Getter Emperor), there's Danguard Ace, Gunbuster, Daitarn 3.

Gunbuster's the biggest of those. That said, if you discount those hugeass ones, I think Diebuster wins - then Chouginga Gurren Lagann, then probably a few of the Macrosses.
>>
File: DF_F52 Chrome.jpg (267 KB, 1600x1271) Image search: [Google]
DF_F52 Chrome.jpg
267 KB, 1600x1271
>>14485738
>>14484473
>Just start reading narutaru because of these posts
>mfw Volume 2 Chapter 3
>mfw Edgy Dagger Boy got fucking impaled
Oh shit.
>>
>>14489705
That figure is literally in the official guidebook you illiterate cretin.
>>
super robots are dumb
>>
>>14489844
Mattman does not play the games, watch the shows, or read the books. Mattman is actually a Google AI experiment that regurgitates old (usually mistaken) information it picks up on the internet.
>>
>>14489844
Good to know that the people who wrote the official guidebook didn't watch the movie either.

>there are things above it
>and to all sides of it
>and below it since it is standing on a thing at least partly

>but clearly it's as big as a universe!!!!!111!!!!11!
>>
>>14489938

I would assume that's only the observable universe, which we know is smaller than the universe in reality. At the very least, I'm pretty sure that's what that picture actually is, even if Gainax mislabeled it. We can only say the size of the observable universe though, since it's all we can see using even light as old as the big bang as a source. The universe has stretched and grown out from even the furthest point we can see though and could be much bigger than what we observe.
>>
>>14489955
Buuut if there are things that we can see that aren't contained within it, then it's not even the size of the observable universe, because there are things in the universe that we can observe that aren't constrained within it.

Not to mention there were two of the fucking things in a universe at the same time (since Super Granzembora was the same size) and there was no apparent problem with that. And that TTGL, who's apparently smaller than the Milky Way (or whatever galaxy they were standing on) is clearly visable on the thing, thus giving us a reliable scale for its actual size, which isn't that of the universe.

(for ease of notation we won't get into the fact that Gurren Lagann, Lagann, and Simon flew the distance between the two's Giga Drills, so that would mean he flew over two universes in the span of maybe half a minute if the Giga Drill is bigger - and it is - which is the most fucking absurd thing ever. Mostly because no matter how you scale the things that's still crazy.)
>>
>>14489967

The universe has no natural boundary so I'm not sure what you mean by things not contained within it. Anything visible is just in a previously and normally unobservable part of the universe from us presumably. And if there's two things the size of STTGL and it's attacks on screen then it's because there's room in the universe for them, observation rate or not. As for Simon flying between them, it's dramatic license. Im not sure why you're getting antsy about it in a Gainax show since they abuse the he'll out of it in every production since they're more interested in making something visually dynamic than realistic. They're far from alone in their use of it though.
>>
>>14489987
Alright, well here's a more fun measurement then. Granzembora reached out of Super Spiral Space at some point during the fight - I think that one's both show and movie, even - and its hand was cleanly big enough to engulf the Earth (or whatever planet GL happens on)... and that's it. It wasn't, say, big enough to engulf a solar system, or something you'd expect the hand of something larger than some galaxies to be.

So it's not even as big as it looks, Super Spiral Space just scales really wonkily (because it's a pocket universe set up by the Anti-Spirals probably).
>>
Does the Macross in Storm Attacker mode count?
>>
>>14483113
Why haven't you watched this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CXNa_m52r0
>>
File: stone-pf3.jpg w=560.jpg (21 KB, 473x566) Image search: [Google]
stone-pf3.jpg w=560.jpg
21 KB, 473x566
it fought even bigger ones
>>
File: 03.jpg (511 KB, 1235x960) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
511 KB, 1235x960
>>14490101
>>
>>14490084
>>14485733

see >>14489277 retard
>>
>>14490012

I think the creators said that it could be that big in real space too, though without a source take that with a bag of salt obviously. That said, I imagine it was less that the scale was wonky between universes and more that the scale was relativistic in nature, in that it was as big as needed in the pocket universe they were in. And also as big as needed in the other universe it went in to, so Granzembora's hand was big enough to hold the Earth, but also small enough to make it apparent what he was doing to his opponents. There's no point in grabbing it if his opponent doesn't see it after all. Especially when the whole finale is just a show in dick swinging, with both sides trying to make themselves look bigger and more powerful for much of it, swelling both their egos and robots to do so.

It's really just more of Gainax's normal direction towards dynamic visuals in action at the end of the day however. They just wanted to make a cool scene more than likely and people, both supporters and detractors take it too seriously.
>>
Bigger than observable universe << Bigger than actual Universe.
Now STTGL is the former
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.