[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kamen Rider Amazons 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 13-13-695x391.png (44 KB, 695x391) Image search: [Google]
13-13-695x391.png
44 KB, 695x391
http://over-ti.me/releases/kamen-rider-amazons-13/

(release picture for Ants Amazons)
>>
>>14410333
>not posting 'N Sync as the OP image
I ain't even asking for it to be edited with Amazons character heads.
>>
S2 when?
>>
File: 1466962086298.jpg (104 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1466962086298.jpg
104 KB, 600x800
>>14410333
I have never seen a show go from 100 to 0 so quickly.

what a disappointing ending, Haruka's such a fucking faggot.
>>
>Haruka's saying wanting to eat people is morally fine within five minutes.

Jesus man.
>>
>I'm with humans
>no I'm with Amazons
>i'm really for human this time
>jk I'm joining the amazons
>I only pretended to be with amazons, I'm with humans !
>It's ok to eat humans !
>>
>>14410595
If you didn't realize Haruka's a monster by now I have no idea what to tell you. He's not a human being and the whole season has been about him coming to terms with the fact that he doesn't like humans, doesn't want to save them, and is in fact much more interested in protecting his own kind.

You want your heroes who fight evil, watch the other show that's on every week. Amazons has been very clear from the beginning that it was not going to be a show about good guys.
>>
>>14410631
Fuck you, Ghost is better than your shitty edge show
>>
>>14410649
>Ghost is better than Amazon

Did I step into a bizarro universe?
>>
I enjoyed it. Now I'm just waiting for the season 2 finale when the evil boss injects himself with amazon cells and becomes the top predator.
>>
>>14410649
I happen to enjoy both Ghost and Amazons. But I'm not watching Amazons thinking it's supposed to have heroes in it, because yes, it's fucking ridiculously edgy and sometimes that's okay.
>>
At the end of the day, the only good things about this shitshow were the fights and production values. The writing was all over the place, every single character was fucking stupid, and Haruka is easily the most insufferable Rider protag in years.
>>
>>14410631
Yeah, I know, but before then he'd been hiding it between trying to take the moral high ground and whatnot, and here he's just straight with it.
>>
>>14410595
He said feeling like you want to eat people is fine because it is natural for Amazons. It only becomes and issue when you actually go throw with it.

>>14410672
>Haruka is easily the most insufferable Rider protag in years.

I think that is kind of the point.
>>
File: 1542757.jpg (58 KB, 382x501) Image search: [Google]
1542757.jpg
58 KB, 382x501
>>14410703
>Haruka went full Kio Asuno
I was kinda ok with him in the last episode but here he went full retard.
>>
>>14410631
>He's not a human being
He has human DNA though.
>>
>>14410672
Shirakura's the one to blame, since he's the producer.
>>
So best rider series of the decade?
>>
File: Don't ever go full retard.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Don't ever go full retard.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>14410631
>and the whole season has been about him coming to terms with the fact that he doesn't like humans
I must have missed this somewhere but he never hated humans at all outside of his moral quandary with Goro and I guess Jin's reasoning for killing everything. To me it just seemed like he didn't agree with the choices the Nozoma Corporation made to hunt down Amazons that didn't turn yet despite the fact they literally killed someone and ate him minutes prior and everyone keeps hammering this point home. He basically forgets this every time someone points it out to him, but his choices are even more retarded now. He's on the Amazons' side, sure, but his reasoning for it is absurd and he can't defend it at all.
>>
>>14410837
By "he doesn't like humans" I don't mean he hates them, just that he has no real attachment to them. He let himself be pressured into helping protect them, but his heart was never in it. It's just not a thing he cares about at all.

From a human perspective, yes, this is either retarded or morally repugnant, but as an Amazon it's simply natural for him to see humans as prey. The consistent mistake the other characters made with Haruka is the same one that cost Misaki an arm: refusing to recognize that the Amazons have a fundamentally alien way of thinking.
>>
what are the chances of something like this happening again

because this is probably one of my favorite kamen rider things. Im so glad they went with the amazon designs too.
>>
>>14410865
..you know it's getting a second season, right?
>>
>>14410865
>what are the chances of something like this happening again

Well we already have a second season coming. It's going to the US as well, so hopefully if it does well we'll get more.
>>
>>14410837
>The reason everyone thinks Haruka is retarded is because he just does not think like a human does but rather in his own special amazon/human way
Goddamn.
>>
DESTROY AMAZONS.
>>
I'm glad Jin didn't end up dead at the end. Fuck. He's the only sane character in this entire fucking show.

Have to agree with the sentiment that the seasons ending was kind of trash, mostly because Haruka is a massive faggot.

Jin should be main Rider. He is the hero that we deserve. Literally has done nothing wrong.
>>
>>14410978
>Literally has done nothing wrong.

Besides create the Amazons.
>>
>>14410978
>He's the only sane character in this entire fucking show.
>Literally has done nothing wrong

Jin is literally the best character in the show, it made me really heartbroken to see him go all mad and feral fighting with Haruka, almost as he was giving way to his Amazon side.

But then Nanaha appeared and made him get back in touch with his human side, and I almost cried like a little bitch
>>
>>14410987
At least he's the only character who takes responsibility and tries to undo his mess, even if it isn't likely for the better of humanity or JUSTICE.
>>
>>14410944
>Literally everyone and their mother tells him it's bad and explains why it's bad.
>In his mind he takes Jin's words to heart that you're supposed to eat something else to survive.
Even getting to this point would require jumping through crazy logical hoops to equate "Something has to die for you to go on living" to "Eating humans who have their own lives, dreams, and families is okay if it means we get to survive until we finally go feral and kill everyone anyway". He spent more time as a human than as an Amazon for crying out loud.
>>
>>14410987
True. But he realised he worked for some crazy assholes and turned himself into one with the intent of killing them all, himself included ultimately.

Ignore Amazon apologist and sympathisers. Jin Takayama is a true Rider. Haruka is a pretender.
>>
>>14411004
>He spent more time as a human than as an Amazon for crying out loud.

Eeeeeeh. He was stuck on a leash and doped to the gills on drugs. He wasn't even allowed to leave his room. As soon as he got out on his own he was glory killing all on his own.
>>
>/m/ finally gets its gritty, mature Rider for mature adults like myself that's full of shades of gray and hard mercenary men making hard decisions
>pissed that the main character isn't a hero who fights for mankind
>>
>>14411019
>mature Rider for mature adults like myself that's full of shades of gray and hard mercenary men making hard decisions
Except, A. the Riders are still pretty colorful and B. the "hard mercenary men" doesn't fucking include Haruka.
>>
>>14411019
Exactly!
I feel like people were looking for the wrong thing out of this show. I get that it's Kamen Rider, and that it's JUSTICE versus the forces of evil, it's what makes the franchise so great in the first place. But this particular show from the very get-go seemed to be aiming for a shades of grey conflict, and it was clear pretty close to the end that the protagonist wasn't a hero. He's an Amazon, and he just wants to stop people from dying, human and Amazon alike.

>>14411033
He doesn't mean literal shade of gray, he means in terms of morality. And yeah you're right, it doesn't include Haruka, or Mamoru. because they're man eating monsters.
>>
>>14411005
100% right.

>Born as a human.
>Get modified by the bad guys.
>Use the bad guys power to fight against them.

That's the Kamen Rider leitmotif. Jin is the true Kamen Rider of the series.

>>14411019
>"Pissed that the main character isn't a hero who fights for mankind."
>More like "Pissed that the main character has no morals and rejects everything in 5 minutes, Mamoru is a retard, Shido rejected everything that he stood up for for Mamoru, and the whole mercenary team has seemingly no survival instinct."

>>14411039
What, the conflict was clear from the beginning, Haruka is just a faggot.
>Monsters eat people.
>A group of mercenaries and a Kamen Rider hunt those monsters.
And by the way:
>He just wants to stop people from dying, human and Amazon alike.
>Personally beheads 4 amazons with no remorse.
>States repeatedly that he loves to fight.
Haruka hunted amazons with the mercenaries only because he likes to fight. Don't try to justify him.
>>
>>14411039
I came in watching Amazons with zero expectations for JUSTICE due to the theme of the show already looking to be wild and edgy.

I came out disgusted by how stupid it is in both writing and presentation. It definitely could have been managed better but overall it's just really cheesy and terrible, even by Japanese drama standards.
>>
>>14411004
>Even getting to this point would require jumping through crazy logical hoops to equate "Something has to die for you to go on living" to "Eating humans who have their own lives, dreams, and families is okay if it means we get to survive until we finally go feral and kill everyone anyway".

You don't feel that bad for that long when you see roadkill on the highway.

He spent it being drugged up and locked in a literal glass cage. As soon as he got out he started turning feral; or did you not notice how his shirt went from white to blood-red over the course of the season? The show is an extended metaphor for using a wild coyote as a hunting dog. It might work for a while, but it's a wild animal and bad things are eventually going to happen if you think of it like it's domesticated.

In fact, there's a bit of irony to it: Nozama and the exterminators treated Haruka and Mamoru like pets, and now the only humans Haruka cares about protecting from his fellow Amazons are the ones he personally likes. His pets.
>>
>>14411018
>and doped to the gills on drugs
All the drugs did was stop the bloodthirsty Amazon bit of him from actually coming out since the mom was worried he would become like the others, he was completely lucid and able to think just fine, constantly talking to Mizuki about things as well. That was for a couple months, and then he was with the team for another what, two months while still retaining that lucidity even as an Amazon and generally acting like a human outside of operations. Hell, even in operations he was generally acting human until the burger episode.

I just don't buy this is his way of thinking, it makes no sense at all unless he forgoes all logic, and he's clearly not doing that since he takes Jin's words to heart. He's just twisting it so that he can be justified in killing to survive.

>>14411019
Except we're fine with a guy like Jin who just fights for his own selfish needs not caring about anyone else, it's Haruka and his nonsensical logic that's annoying to see. "It's okay to kill humans since we need to eat them to survive" is only solid logic if Haruka is suddenly okay with killing and eating people rather than this wishy-washy thing he has going where he kills Amazons for eating people and takes the moral high ground that they were eating people so it was okay to kill them, but then protects Mamoru for nearly killing someone and protects other Amazons who literally ate people minutes prior because "They want to lead a peaceful life"
>>
>>14411039
>But this particular show from the very get-go seemed to be aiming for a shades of grey conflict, and it was clear pretty close to the end that the protagonist wasn't a hero.

It's kind of hard to hide behind that excuse when the show goes out of it's way to show Haruka's doomed to fail.

It's not even a conflict of ideologies about how to handle an emerging race of creatures, like in other series. It's one naive kid fucking around during a zombie outbreak and making decisions that will inevitably get people maimed and killed.

It's not entertaining anymore, it's infuriating.
>>
File: 4865976843.jpg (48 KB, 915x674) Image search: [Google]
4865976843.jpg
48 KB, 915x674
i dunno, i guess I felt alittle underwhelmed?
was this supposed to be a one season thing then suddenly got the green light to get another season?
>>
>>14411128
It was always supposed to be a two-season thing, that's why the episode names follow the alphabet. The first season basically set up the status quo for the second: from a human perspective, Haruka is now the lead villain.
>>
>>14411138
ah, alright. Still, feeling abit underwhelmed. I did like the haruka, jin fight.

I think alot of people here, myself included root for Jin most of the time?

Also, does anyone have those amazons "spoilers" someone posted all the way back from the first episode?

I wanted to see how right they were
>>
Mamoru died din't he? Its a shame to see them go towards the way they did though.
>>
>>14410716
To be fair, we already have our Flit in the form of Jin.
>>
>>14411161
Actually, no, Mamoru makes it out alive. He's now Haruka's right-hand man.

>"It's okay to kill humans since we need to eat them to survive" is only solid logic if Haruka is suddenly okay with killing and eating people rather than this wishy-washy thing he has going where he kills Amazons for eating people and takes the moral high ground that they were eating people so it was okay to kill them, but then protects Mamoru for nearly killing someone and protects other Amazons who literally ate people minutes prior because "They want to lead a peaceful life"

What you're seeing is Haruka's gradual moral decay over the course of the show. He starts off killing Amazons to protect the humans because that's what he's basically pressured into doing. Then he starts making more and more excuses not to kill Amazons that aren't personally threatening him or the small group of people he cares about, with his excuses for his actions ringing more and more hollow until in this episode he outright collapses and finally admits "yeah, eating humans is fine, I don't give a fuck". It takes the full course of the season for Haruka to stop lying to himself and accept that he's a killer at heart.
>>
>>14411161
>Mamoru died din't he?
What? Did you watch the episode?
>>
>>14411092
>a guy like Jin who just fights for his own selfish needs not caring about anyone else
Nanoha
>>
>>14411231
Fair enough, I'm just not a fan of how the entire extermination team is behind them murdering people just because they were buddies for a bit, and watching Haruka over the course of the past couple weeks was infuriating.

>>14411266
Yes, he cares for her, but ultimately his selfish ambitions come first.
>>
>>14411226
That's why he's the best
>>
At least Jin lived. Jin isn't perfect. He'll always have the error of lending a hand in the creation of the Amazons against him. It's the very thing that drives him. He's set out to clean this mess up and end his own life out of guilt. Nanaha helps him in his cause, and she respects his end game, but only begrudgingly. They have good drama together. You can see how they come to their conclusions, and their errors as characters are not only understandable, but something of a slight subversion of the archetypal roles they fill.

The same can't be said for Haruka. His ultimate choice is to protect whomever he feels like protecting, but there's no line drawn. Half the season was spent having him meander. I can get behind him potentially wanting to protect humans. I can even understand him wanting to protect "unfledged" Amazons (though it's something I disagree with,) but the presentation was sorely lacking.

The faults of these shows have nothing to do with the expectations of justice and traditional Kamen Rider themes, because this show isn't necessarily about those things. The issue I take with this ending (and, really, the writing in general) is that we're stuck with a main character that's truly nonsensical because the writing wasn't on par with the vision.

I'm still looking forward to season 2, though. For me, this is the best Rider has been in a while, and I'm holding on to the hope that we'll see better things from Amazons S2, or any other Rider/Sentai/Toku series that ends up getting this kind of treatment.
>>
Yeah Haruka's character makes more sense when you consider that he probably sees himself more as an Amazon than a Human.

That's why Jin is the true hero of this story.
>>
>>14411375
>these shows

I meant 'this show.'
>>
>>14411379

Which is fucking frustrating trying to sympathize with and understand with Jin since the story barely focuses on him. We know he fucked up and it affected him, but we don't know how he's actually dealing with that.

I hope the second part focuses more on Jin because as it is, he feels somewhat wasted as a character.
>>
File: GorgosHumanLikeForm.jpg (77 KB, 580x778) Image search: [Google]
GorgosHumanLikeForm.jpg
77 KB, 580x778
>>14411092
Don't forget that the path Haruka's character development followed basically boiled down to this:

>One of the monster ladies at the restaurant makes his little Amazon peepee hard
>Whiteknights her terribly just for that while daydreaming about seeing her face.
>Whiteknights to the point where he ends up illogically defending the entirety of Amazons in the process.

It was like I was watching the origin story of a numale feminist or non-Muslim apologetic of Islam right before my eyes, and it was disgusting.

May a new or old character beat the shit out of him and replace it with some sense in Season 2. Maybe this universe's version of Gorgos.
>>
So without considering Season 2 as a factor, What do you think of Amazons? Is it memorable for a Rider series or is it just forgettable?
>>
>>14411545
Honestly I'm thinking of recommending it for the first 4-5 episodes, whatever was the end of the Ants Apartment arc

That shit was the kind of thing I wanted to see more of. Everything about that was great.
>>
File: A wild Haruka appeared!.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
A wild Haruka appeared!.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
>>14411545
I thought it was all right. The first half was more interesting than the second half. I think a lot of my appreciation comes from it being a "darker" Kamen Rider series. I'd basically take whatever for more along those lines.
>>
Sound: >>>/wsg/1157015
>>
File: Jin and Haruka share a moment.webm (3 MB, 674x380) Image search: [Google]
Jin and Haruka share a moment.webm
3 MB, 674x380
>>
i dont get it or i have bad eyes?

was the band silver or gold?
>>
Hope that Mizuki turns Amazon which in result Haruka kill her and then he regret for choosing Amazon side than humanity side
>>
>>14411768
The one Mizuki had? Gold.
>>
Never thought I'd see the day Dr.Maki shouts SUBARASHI
>>
>>14411813
so was it the same one abandoned post credits?
>>
>>14411816

I know it's WEIRD.
>>
>>14411545

The first half is definitely better than the second. The mini-arc in the apartment block in episodes 3-4 is definitely the big highlight of the series and what I wanted to see more of.

Overall the idea is good and it's nice to see some darker Rider stuff again, but it's ultimately bogged down by conventional Japanese drama bullshit and mediocre writing.
>>
Is Jin dead or not ? I had an afterlife kinda feel from the Nanaha scene in this episode so im kinda confused.
>>
>>14411781
I feel that is gonna happen, considering how much this show shares with this movie: >>14411392

>>14411828
Probably. I think it will become the Gaga Armlet of this universe and this guy >>14411515
will take it.

That is why if Mizuki becoming an Amazon won't be what turns Haruka around, then Gorgos's unrivaled insanity will scare Haruka shitless. Also if Toei takes anymore inspiration from SIC's stories, then Gorgos will also be Haruka's father. So it will be family either way that changes him.
>>
>>14411587
Can we have Haruka in a Mortal Kombat game? His finishers/fatalities are way more interesting than Jin's and I need to see the reaction to a toku character in a MK game.
>>
>>14411849
He is. I think they are setting up for Jin, Nanoha, and Tachibana to team up.
>>
>>14411560
>>14411634
>>14411848

I only find the first half passable at best. The monster house arc was definitely exciting to watch in a Resident-Evil standpoint, but I was still thrown off by the unprofessional nature of the squad along with the rushed sequence of Haruka's involvement with the company affairs. I really wanted to like the show then, but now I just have a major disliking for it.

I wonder how the thinking-man otakus in Japan feel about the show as well.
>>
>>14411875

Jin has roughly the same abilities as Haruka. He just never used any of his Violent Break weapons even though he has them. The one time he used Violent Slash, it was identical to Violent Punish (i.e. a slice with his arm blades)
>>
>>14411849
nah he's to important to me and I'm assuming general consensus likes Jin too and wish to keep him around
>>
>>14411888
This, I was so impressed by Ghost's writing that Amazons felt like such a downgrade. The lore, the characters, the tone, the writing, it's all so much worse. I don't understand how Toei thought this would be acceptable when the superior show is airing right alongside it.
>>
I'm not a Jap master,fuck i'm not even a goddamn Jap novice but isn't he implying that the President set off the gigantic escape of Amazons that happened sometime back?
>>
>>14411278

I can see the similarities now.

REMOVE AMAZON remove amazon
>>
>>14412004
Gee, I don't know, how could that possibly be the case? The guy was only jizzing in his pants the crazier shit got.
>>
>>14412004
And to be more clear: I'm trying to say that's an inaccurate translation.
>>
>>14412004
Yes. They made it very clear that he freed them FOR SCIENCE.
>>
File: 1404401236180.jpg (115 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
1404401236180.jpg
115 KB, 500x651
>>14412015
>I don't know shit at japanese
>look, translation is wrong here !
>>
>>14412037
Pretty much.
It's that off.
The character very clearly uses a phrase (Ninenmae) commonly related to some sort of fucking time and the subs don't reflect it at all. It goes with "this" like it's referring to the current situation, not that specific moment.
>>
>>14412004
In English, it works either way to use "that" or "this". To say "this current situation was not an accident" includes the events that lead up to it because the current situation wouldn't exist without those events going off. It really is just a difference between how direct you are at accusing the President of unleashing the Amazons.

It's a minimal "error" if anything that gets Tachibana's accusation across either way.

Not really something to go ape out over.
>>
>>14412160
Or it wasn't an error, it was a deliberate translation that came across to most people that watched the episode.
There is no error, and that is coming from a Japanese speaker.
>>14412062
Leaving out numerical denominators happens all the time in fan-level and professional translations. Especially when your screen space and timing is limited.
>>
>>14412273
>>14412160
There's no point in arguing it with them. We already know that the english Speaking Rider fansbase leans heavily towards the aspergers side of the spectrum. Seeing something out of perceived order isn't something they can handle.
>>
I want X to show up and beat the shit out of Haruka.
>>
>>14412013
this guy will obv turn into >>14411515 this guy

just look at them they are the same
>>
>>14410631
I took it more as him finally pursuing his desire to protect the innocent whether or not they're human. He has clearly seen how good and evil isn't tied to being an Amazon several times in the series and we've seen his reluctance to harm any that haven't awakened yet while still willing to kill off the ones that have.
I really like how his fighting style changed to what Jin's was in the beginning whereas Jin now fought like feral Omega.
>>
>>14411545
It's short, there's little to no filler, and the way they cover up the complete lack of budget/airtime is well done. Really though I'm in this henshit for the fights and those were all very good.
>>
I fucking everyone on this show bar Jin, Jin's waifu and crazy old man corporate boss.

Holy fuck Haruka is actually mentally retarded "a next human evolution" did they fucked up and mixed it with retards cells because holy fuck.

M needs to fucking die its stupid they sided with a fucking cannibal murderer.
The entire team is fucking retarded too

>hey lets side with the cannibal M instead of Jin who is fucking saving humanity

Like what the actual fuck, that guy who got his arm eaten has Stockholm syndrome.

Mizuki is also retarded because "yeah i understand you are not human please let me choke on your dick i get if you can't stay with us but please let me impale myself on your amazon horn harukaaa"

Now bad guy is actually the good guy alongside Jim, he wanted to keep the amazons under check making them robo-zombies, a couple of robo amazons would have kept the murderer amazons on check.

I'm mad at fuck, this show fucking sucks dick.

Jim did literally nothing wrong, yes he created the amazon cells but he was also doing his best to stop them, instead of some green retard who allied himself with them.

I hope Haruka and Mamoru die on the first episode of season 2 if it happens.
>>
File: howcanshebesoperfect.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
howcanshebesoperfect.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>Nozomi took her money and went to work at a orphanage
How can anyone be this angelical and still be able to push your teeth out with a kick.
>>
>>14412438

>Nozomi
>Smiling naturally

A miracle of the universe. Also kicking helps protect the kids in the orphanage.
>>
Are they purposely make Haruka side with Amazon in the end of season 1 and then in the season 2 he slowly side with humanity again?
>>
>>14412449
i hope he doesn't change his stance at all and people realize he is fucking evil so he gets targeted by the fucking military or something.

Episode 1 season 2 should start with a raid on Haruka's camp by humanity and force him to see everybody he protects getting killed and when he starts to fight back Jim shows up and blows his fucking stupid retarded ass to bits while Mamoru dies like a fucking pig.
>>
It's pretty clear that this show is trying really hard to make Haruka look like the saint who protects all the poor little innocent Amazons while making Jin look like the big mean evil bully, even though in reality Haruka is just a kid doing whatever he pleases and Jin is actually trying to do the right thing and take responsibility for his past actions.

Fuck this bullshit. Haruka should've fucking died when Sigma punched a hole in his stomach.
>>
Amazons would have been better if it was only about Jin
>>
>>14412488
No it isn't, its just two opposing sides fighting each other.
>>
What really hurts Haruka's argument for the entire show is that he's never allowed to be right. Everytime he tried to protect an Amazon they turn around and kill people five minutes later leaving him to kill it. Really it would have benefitted if Mamoru hadn't started out on the Extermination Team and joined later as a verification of Haruka's "Not all Amazons are evil monsters" mentality.
>>
I actually liked the finale and i'm pree hyped for a second season. Thank god Nanaha-san survived. What was lacking in writing they made up for it in violent special effects. Haruka may have been a bitch but he reminds me of Emiya Shiro with how his character flip flops the whole time but ends up finding his way by the end.
>>
>>14413149
Depends on the route, Shirou gives up his ideals in Heaven's Feel.
>>
>>14411092
I just realized.. the whole "leave the Amazons alone" mentality and its retardation due to blatantly conflicting evidence to the contrary is identical to the 'leave the Blood Mages alone' thing from Dragon Age 2, which was equally fucking moronic.
>>
>>14412834

That's really the big problem with Haruka's whole argument.

"Amazons are people too!" Except we've been shown and told countless times that them going feral man-eater isn't a case of "if," but "when," and that Amazons have very poor impulse control in general. There is no scenario where the Amazons are able to live peacefully among humans.
>>
>>14412488
>Haruka should've fucking died when Sigma punched a hole in his stomach.
But then he would have come back with a power up.

Do you even watch Kamen Rider?
>>
>>14413149
>Haruka may have been a bitch but he reminds me of Kouta with how his character flip flops the whole time but ends up finding his way by the end.

FTFY
>>
>I don't see why wanting to eat people is inherently bad
>>
>>14414000

I bet Haruka wouldn't be saying that if an Amazon ate his mom or Mizuki.
>>
>>14413724

By the end of it, it seems like Haruka doesn't care about a coexistence end and just wants desperately to validate his own existence. It's the fact that he stubbornly refused to accept that and be honest about it that's frustrating. At least Jin is honest about what he's done and has a consistent moral ethic about the whole thing.
>>
File: check ooo.jpg (27 KB, 298x306) Image search: [Google]
check ooo.jpg
27 KB, 298x306
>>14414000
>4000 Amazons check
>>
File: oh look the rain.png (12 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
oh look the rain.png
12 KB, 226x223
>>14414350
>>
Honestly, it wouldnt be half as bad if Haruka just added at the end of his sentence the following:

>"And when they go feral, i'll kill them myself as painlessly as possible".

There, done, hes taking responsibility from what hes doing without leaving it up to whoever retard that might not understand or infer it from how he fought the crazy ones in the beach or from him huddling a bunch of man eating bugs.
>>
>>14414470
I don't think Haruka cares about them going feral, i mean... he allowed non-ferals to eat humans, whats different between ferals and non-ferals.
>>
>>14414036
Of course not, they're his pet humans just like the exterminators are. You'd get mad if someone killed your pet pig: that doesn't necessarily mean you have a problem with eating bacon, just that this pig is your pig.

"I don't see anything wrong with eating humans" is the first honest thing Haruka's said all season.
>>
Anyone got MGS4/MGR vibes during the last battle?

Amazon cells, son.
>>
>>14414470
>implying he can deliver his word
Remider that Takumi is the protagonist that Haruka can't never be.
>>
>>14415082

Coexistence between Orphenochs and humans is a shitload easier than between Amazons and humans. Faiz might have turned out better if everything didn't go to shit in preventing anyone from having a happy ending and Kiba didn't go full-on Magneto as a result.
>>
>>14415095
>Faiz might have turned out better if everything didn't go to shit in preventing anyone from having a happy ending and Kiba didn't go full-on Magneto as a result.
See Paradise Lost.
>>
>>14415124

I have yet to see that movie. I need to get on that.
>>
I think I'm pissed off at the ending for a different reason to a lot of you guys. I mean, it's been evident for a while that Haruka sees himself as an Amazon but couldn't bring himself to admit it. We've known for a few episodes now that Jin's the one fighting for humanity (good and bad) too.

It was kinda hard to take Haruka's monologue about this in this episode seriously when he fucking annihilated those Amazons attacking the mercs right before that. Presumably they were people under his command, why didn't he just tell them to back off and let him talk?
>>
>>14415141
It have the same type of ending as the series with some change but better.
>>
>>14415141
It's better than the actual main series
and this is coming from someone who didn't even dislike Faiz that much compared to the general consensus about it on here
>>
>>14415141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMoz9rkLEsI
>>
>>14415171
I'm glad Psyga posting never got outside of /krg/
>>
File: 1467047096705.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1467047096705.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
>Christmas cake Reika is the best Reika
>>
how about nozomi gets a belt

not an amazon belt, some tech belt or something so she can go gx3 on amazon ass and be the heroine
>>
>>14410978
Literally has done nothing wrong.

Besides letting a human serial killer go unpunished
>>
>>14415530
>unpunished
Yeah, cause it's not like he was tied up, and that the task force wouldn't have called the cops on him, right?
>>
>>14411148
The ones about Haruka getting Nanaha preggo?
>>
>>14415530
Both Jin and Haruka did shit wrong, Jin's largely responsible for this mess in the first place even. Both are supposed to be morally grey characters.

The issue with Haruka isn't that his morals "aren't right", it's that the guy is just wishy-washy as fuck (coupled with the general sloppy writing whenever the story tries to get all philosophical)
>>
>>14415519
how about no
>>
>>14415519
yes, but she would be a girl rider and probably get killed.
fucking nippons
>>
File: TJCB-10016.jpg (9 KB, 248x360) Image search: [Google]
TJCB-10016.jpg
9 KB, 248x360
>>14411515
>>One of the monster ladies at the restaurant makes his little Amazon peepee hard

Can you really blame him?
>>
>>14411515
the point was that Haruka's an Amazon
the way he was written was dumb but not for the reason you posted
>>
>>14415574
>. Both are supposed to be morally grey characters.
This, both are extremes and both are very flawed people

Jin wants to destroy them all without question (but is really doing it out of guilt), Haruka wants to keep them alive till they go really bad (but will change his mind if he wnats something)
>>
>>14415648
Of the two of them, though, I feel Jin is the most honest and sincere about his feelings - to the point of burying his own pain for the sake of doing what he feels what has to be done.

Seriously, that breakdown when he was reunited with Nanaha gave me all of that feels.
>>
>>14413724
If there was a way to "cure" the Amazons I would agree with Haruka about holding up the machetes for a while until they could figure out a cure, but sadly that's not the case.
>>
>>14415143
They were awakened
>>
>>14413724
>"Amazons are people too!"
But he doesn't think that by the end. He think Amazons are different and he wants to go live as an amazon, being the alpha of a pack and controlling them how he sees fit

He's basically accepted a role of beast man

>>14415680
Doesn't seem to really want to cure them. Amazons are what they are, like humans flawed but he no longer see them as having less right to live especially when they have not done wrong by humans yet
>>
>>14411004
He's two years old at best. Actually saying that out loud I now realize why he's a retard
>>
>>14415676
>he feels what has to be done.
Yeah but to the point he won't ever listen to anyone else

Like the whole issue with a man who has killed multiple times and a amazon who hasn't. The man is obviously dangerous, but Jin did nothing to stop him. An amazon may be dangerous one day, but many type of people could be dangerous one day and we don't lock them up. Also Amazons like Mamoru are fine just make sure they get their meds and never eat human, their are plenty of crazy people who would go psycho without medication
>>
>>14414036
i'd probably eat his mom. if you know what i mean
>>
>>14412834
And humans try to kill any amazon whether it has done anything or not, at least he wants to wait till they fuck up or are about to

#Amazonlivesmater #alm
>>
>>14415814
Her younger self is pretty doable too >>14415506
>>
>Haruka still doing whatever the hell he wants while defying all logic and reason
>Jin still trying to kill all Amazons
>Mamoru still useless
>Gank Squard still hunting
>Mizuki still irrelevant
>Amazons still out there
Pretty disappointing episode desu. Only thing worthy of note was CEO unleashing the critters and Haruka being reverse Jin.
>>
>>14415806
>An amazon may be dangerous one day
there is not may with amazons.

One day an amazon WILL be dangerous.
its been confirmed like 20 times in the show, it happened like 20 times, amazon WILL go feral and try to eat people, fuck non-ferals also eat people.
>>
>>14416068
Haruka didn't, most of his group seem not to have and Mamoru only did cause he was fooled but is also in control now showing you can reform

the 3000 who were killed at once dindu nuffin, keep them topped up on medicine they may never. Meanwhile some humans actually murder people and Jin won't lift a finger but it's capital punishment for just being born the wrong thing
>>
>>14416103
>keep them topped up on medicine they may never
its explicitly said meds only work for 2 years and after that the amazons cells cannot be stopped.

Bloody guy that Jim killed appeared last episode i think eating someone.

Mamoru was not reformed, he never lost the impulse to eat humans, heck for all we know he ate some, the recon team got lost and they found out Mamoru's coin where they were eaten.

Amazons will go feral, amazons will eat humans, they cannot be cured, they cannot be contain, they cannot be reformed, they have to be killed.
The murderer was probably send to the police or something.

Still Humans killing humans is fine, 4000 amazons that can reproduce and bring humanity to extinction is not
>>
>>14416103
You didn't forget the armband, which provide them protein, and when they dries up, Amazons go batshit insane, right?
Haruka is the 3rd type and the only one, plus we don't know for sure what's going to happen if he happens to eat human's flesh....
>>
File: dedded.jpg (146 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
dedded.jpg
146 KB, 1080x1080
>>
>>14416132
>its explicitly said meds only work for 2 years
How come they haven't all gone red then? Plus there was the gold armlet that seemed to be even better meds

>Bloody guy that Jim killed appeared last episode i think eating someone.
If he did, he seems to be pretty normal now

>Mamoru was not reformed,
I didn't see him ripping off any more arms to eat, seemed to be easily able to act human he just wanted to be with his own kind

>he recon team got lost and they found out Mamoru's coin where they were eaten.
Or like Haruka he killed the ones who did wrong

>they cannot be contain
But they can, let Haruka have his own little community and they'll do fine. Give them an island

>The murderer was probably send to the police
And amazons who did less including nothing were brutally murdered, that ain't fair

>>14416145
>which provide them protein
I thought it was meds, if it is protein then there is no reason more can't be added
>>
>>14416161
>protein
Nah, I made it up, they didn't tell exactly what's in it, but you know what I mean anw

>>14416145
>they dries
*it dries...
>>
>>14416174
Yeah I didn't think it was

But it did make me think, just cause medication doesn't work on some crazy person we don't kill them we make better stuff and keep them safe. Amazons are at least as intelligent as humans so should be treated the same. At worse surely they could knock them out and quarantine them
>>
>>14416161
>How come they haven't all gone red then? Plus there was the gold armlet that seemed to be even better meds
made for Haruka, haruka is a 3rd type of amazon, an special amazon, probably doesn't work on the regular ones

>If he did, he seems to be pretty normal now
oh sure, lmao, he is a criminal but its fineee, he just murderer and ate a person but he seems normal now! still bloodied 3 weeks after tlaloc, fine and dandy.

>Or like Haruka he killed the ones who did wrong
highly unlikely, they found his coin where the recon team got lost, we saw dudes bloodied as fuck 3 weeks after tlatloc so it implies they were the ones who ate the recon team, nobody stopped them.

>But they can, let Haruka have his own little community and they'll do fine. Give them an island
what would stop them from sneaking away to eat humans?, 1 or 2 humans its still murder, cannibalism and its not right.

>And amazons who did less including nothing were brutally murdered, that ain't fair
Amazons are fucking monster that will eat humanity, amazons given time will push humanity to extinction.

You cannot defend that, they will eat humans, they cannot be healed, they cannot be contain successfully.

We saw that! Haruka was with the amazons that ate the recon team and he did nothing to stop them, he couldn't contain them, he could maybe contain 5 or 6 amazons but he cannot know what the other 100 are doing while he controls the other 5 or 6, it was fucking shown in the show.
>>
>>14416132
The internal supply in the armlet lasts two years. They run out of it and are unable to resupply due to being runaways.

It's not an expiration date after which it stops working.
>>
>>14416224
i though they said the thing in there only lasted for 2 years and then its impossible to stop the amazon cells.
>>
>>14416200
>some crazy person
> we don't kill them
Can you say the same with a group of hungry tiger?
>>
>>14416215
>probably doesn't work on the regular ones
you never know, they had to be testing it on something. Plus why can't they develop something that could?

>he is a criminal
Oh I'm sorry do we murder all criminals now? Nope, well not in civilised countries unlike the US

>highly unlikely
We saw Haruka do the same and Mamoru seemed to be his back up

>what would stop them from sneaking away to eat humans?
Don't go near the island, it's like a Detroit for amazons so it's a bit nicer

>Amazons are fucking monster that will eat humanity
The 3000 hadn't yet, meanwhile some humans have killed multiple times but will get a cell with xboxs

>You cannot defend that
Yep, kill all humans they can't be trusted with the amount they kill

> Haruka was with the amazons that ate the recon team
You can't show those ones are, we saw him do the opposite and punish ones attacking humans. Split them off from humans and nothing will happen

>>14416239
Amazons are much smarter than Tigers, as smart as humans
>>
>>14416234
The internal supply lasts two years. Unless over-time misstranslated, that's very straight forward.
>>
>>14416261
>>14416224
so is it the supply or stops working?

Cause if it is just supply then it is nozama fault for not treating them and generally being evil
>>
>>14416261
there was a scene where i think it was Jim who explained that after 2 years the amazon cells will fully awaken and cannot be stopped.

>>14416255
You are objectively wrong and you know it, a race that can and will exterminate humanity should not be allowed to live.

Its not a may a maybe or a possible.

It would happen if you let them go,
>>
>>14416255
You missed the Hungry part.
Humans, when they're hungry, their options are not limited to killed animals though. With Amazons, they only think of human's meat
>>
>>14416285
>killed
*kill
fuck, what's wrong with me
>>
>>14416281
And you can't address points

> race that can and will exterminate humanity should not be allowed to live.
then *grabs fedora* we should kill humanity especially the religious *tips it*

>>14416285
If there is none around they can't do shit. isolate them and working on helping
>>
>there is someone defending amazons
its the same mentality of the ones defending muslims lmao
>>
>>14416281
Jin said that if they awaken, they can't be brought back to their senses and the medicine will not work to bring them back.

Amazons awaken when they run out of juice.
>>
>>14416308
Which makes Mamoru weird in general. He can change, even after eating human meat which didn't seem to send him over the edge

Guessing he is also some type of special one
>>
>>14416277
They don't want to treat them, because that would mean letting others know something is up and possibly investigating.

But, yes. EVERYTHING is nozama's fault.
>>
>>14416300
peaceful living with the amazons cannot happen man, understand, you cannot help them, there is no cure, even the most inoffensive of all amazons fucking mamoru ate someone's arm.

Even the ones that wanted help couldn't control themselves, there is no coming back, stop being retarded, unless season 2 shows they can be helped so far they cannot, once an amazon forever and amazon that will inevitable get hungry for human meat and will eat someone.
>>
>>14416300
>If there is none around they can't do shit
I'm pretty sure it's in their instinct to eat human. Just like Haruka can detects Amazons, Amazons're going to find human to eat if they're hungry.

>isolate them and working on helping
Accident happened and they escaped once, anon
>>
>>14416315
>Which makes Mamoru weird in general. He can change, even after eating human meat which didn't seem to send him over the edge
no you fucking idiot, changing form doesn't mean being awaken, did you ever saw the fucking show?

the chef of the human meat place could transform into his amazon form willingly before being awaken and even after eating meat
>>
>>14416315
Mamo had not awakened. He just got hungry and acted like the autistic retard he is. His armlet was not red.
>>
>>14416315
After eating human meat, time skip happens and no one can know for sure if he's not eating human or not.
Maybe that's also one of the reason he doesn't want to return to his team.
>>
>>14416321
>living with
Good thing i suggest they do the opposite and live apart, which is exactly what Haruka was trying

>there is no cure,
No but as >>14416308 points out you can prevent and then deal with it when they trun instead of punishing innocents

Plus this is cause Nozama has tried nothing and refuse to do more

>>14416322
What are they going to do if stuck on an island in the middle of no where? Plus the only reason they got out in the first place is because they were let out so it is possible
>>
>>14416327
So eating human meat doesn't mean they are beyond help
>>
>>14416348
What are they going to do if stuck on an island in the middle of no where?
You saw Haruka jumping around the city?
You saw some of the Amazons can fly?
>>
>>14416348
so your plan is to isolate them for how long they live until they go extinct?

ok lets say we do that.

Oh look amazons can have kids, suddenly there is 600 amazons that want bigger land, what do we do?

bend over and let them have it?

ok let them have more land, suddenly oh look 6000 amazons... that want more land.

bend over again rinse and repeat until amazons dominate the earth and have pushed humanity to extinction?

lol

>>14416359
>So eating human meat doesn't mean they are beyond help
i'm done, i'm actually done, this is too much, this is stupid, idiotic, retarded.

>>14416366
also this
>>
>>14416359
Oh hey, we have another Amazon here, guys
Maybe it's Haruka himself trying to convince us.
>>
>>14416366
>What are they going to do if stuck on an island in the middle of no where?
be amazons and party

>You saw Haruka jumping around the city?
>You saw some of the Amazons can fly?
stick them far out or do a proper quarantine and not let a crazy old man open the gates.

They only got out in the first place cause of that crazy old guy so get someone not insane in charge

>>14416371
>Oh look amazons can have kids, suddenly there is 600 amazons that want bigger land
Do we just genocide other humans cause they want some land and to be able to live on their own where they won't harm anyone?
>BUT AMAZONS DON'T COUNT AS THEY KILL STUFF
Humans do as well and we don;t kill criminals unless you are a claplander. Amazons so as much intelligence as humans so it's immoral to just genocide them all

>stupid, idiotic, retarded.
This is the high level argument I expect from /m/
>>
>>14416416
>stick them far out or do a proper quarantine and not let a crazy old man open the gates.
>They only got out in the first place cause of that crazy old guy so get someone not insane in charge
Human makes mistake no matter they want it or not, anon.
You make it sound likes a random old guy want to make shit happens because he feels like it, which is not in the 1st place.

>Do we just genocide other humans cause they want some land and to be able to live on their own where they won't harm anyone?
Human in this show can't transform into monsters, and so do you, anon
>>
>>14416416
I don't think you understand anon, it would reach a point where humanity would be so pushed up that land won't be enough for both species to coexist(if you call that coexisting), humanity would refuse the land and amazon would just take by force.

You have no arguments, you are pure speculation and magical friendship amazons
>>
>>14416438
what good have they done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlq5YTKmjR8
>>
>>14416461
>Human makes mistake
How often do will let packs of wild tigers out by mistake?

>a random old guy want to make shit happens because he feels like it, which is not in the 1st place.
Well the ending did imply just that. He wants to see shit go down, probably for some weird inject it into himself shit

>Human in this show can't transform into monsters
Yep we murder people just fine without it

>>14416476
A population is controlled by resource, they won't be able to expand beyond their means. Proper quarantine and it will be fine. If they actually try to take land by force that is war so it is fine to fight, I doubt they'll deal with carpet bombing well. So basically treat them like people in an isolated community

Do we even know if amazons can breed?

>you are pure speculation
Hello kettle
>>
>>14416507
>Yep we murder people just fine without it
And the murderers can keep living out of jail, and there are jerks everywhere in this world
Yet i can't see a human transform into monster
What's there to surprise?
How often do will let packs of wild tigers out by mistake?
Not that often, yet it still happens
your point?
>>
>>14416507
>Yep we murder people just fine without it
Pretty sure you miss the point pretty hard, biological-wise, they are not human.
You saw haruka kept calling himself human at the begining, and what has become of him now?
>>
>>14416538
>And the murderers can keep living out of jail
So same should happen with amazons. We don't just kill murders brutally for one crime, so killing an amazon brutally cause they might (and now as we know won't if properly medicated) do something is wrong. People off there medication commit crimes, sometimes medication doesn't work for some people and they do crazy shit and we don't kill these people

>Not that often, yet it still happens
So we should murder all tigers now cause there is a small chance it could happen? They are crazy animals you don't when they will kill people so murder them all. Keep in mind if it was something like Amazons it would be way better security than a zoo

>>14416565
>they are not human.
equivalent intelligence

>what has become of him now?
You mean after he was forced to murder a load of amazons and was being constantly hunted? Yeah that would mess with you. And even then he hasn't killed any humans
>>
For fuck's sake people, we know three things for sure.

>Amazons can only be kept in check and live "normal" lives with a steady supply of meds
>they develop a resistance to those meds after two years, after which they awaken and have an uncontrollable urge to eat humans
>it is impossible for them to go back to "normal" after this happens

Jin and Haruka are exceptions because they were created by different means than the other Amazons, and have been able to survive without eating other people either through sheer willpower or just by virtue of their different circumstances.

Either way, it is NOT POSSIBLE for Amazons to exist alongside human beings without eventually losing their shit and starting to eat everyone. If you are arguing for an attempt at coexistence based on what we know of Amazons at this point, then you are saying that Amazons' existences are more important than the humans' existences. If you leave the escaped Amazon experiments alive then you will WITHOUT FAIL wind up with people being eaten.

It makes sense why Haruka comes to this conclusion, he doesn't really have a lot of stake in humanity to begin with. But I don't fucking understand why there are still people in this thread who don't understand this moral calculus.
>>
>>14416605
>>they develop a resistance to those meds after two years
>>14416224
>>14416308
>>
>>14416605
someone with sense.
>>14416618
go watch the show, they say after 2 years they are done forever.
>>
>>14416618

No, I'm pretty sure they explicitly said in the series that it happens when they develop a resistance to the dosage, not when it runs out.
>>
>>14416629
That guy keeps thinking Amazons are human because their appearances look like one and human's law should apply to alien and animal too, for fuck sake.
>>
>>14416646
>their appearances
I didn't know equivalent intelligence meant same appearance, but I guess that is why you look like a baboon
>>
>>14416670

Intelligence is not the only marker of what makes a human being.

Unless you're one of those people who think that people with low IQs and developmental disorders should be euthanized.
>>
>>14416670
Oh, so you sure are looking at others like they are literal delicous food stock when you are hungry then?
>>
>>14416688
>human being.
Do you not understand the word equivalent?

>>14416695
You realise cannibals exist and we don't just hang them?
>>
>>14416711
Yes, and cannibals, who are still human, can't literally transform into monsters, which are not human and no metaphor implied, even though they both eat human.
>>
I see someone missed the point of the series, which is "AMAZONS ARE NOT HUMAN" - heavily repeated over times, pretty hard.
>>
>>14416728
And amazons have equivalent intelligence, won't turn with medicine (which they should be researching to improve) and when medicated don't feel any erge to while cannibals are fucked up in the head all the time

They are an equivalent of humans (not the same but outwardly seem it) making it genocide to just go all final solution on them

>>14416772
Seeing someone badly straw man arguments is pretty hard
>>
The amazon defense force guy is actually fucking blind lol.

His arguments make no sense but he still keeps going.
>>
>>14416789
>The show's heavily, not implying, repeating that Amazons are not human literally at least 8 times
> Haruka, who are fundamentally amazons, said he's human, then finally accepted that he's amazon
> Mamoru, who wanted to live with human, rejected the idea because instinct kicked in no matter how he wanted to live with them
>Jin, partly human wanted to genocide with the amazons because he knows he's no longer a human.
> The team outright said Haruka and Mamoru and other Amazons are not human
>badly straw man arguments

And I haven't touched all of it
Basically, Mamoru, which is mentally a child or a retard, is way more smarter than you because he can understand that simple fact.
>>
>>14416862
I see you still struggle with the word equivalent
>>
>>14416880
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
You know, if the show had just bothered to go into the specifics of how Amazons are created and give clear explanations as to how the medicine and awakening work, people probably wouldn't be having these arguments that go nowhere.
>>
>>14416889
Equivalent doesn't mean the exact same, it can do it certain circumstances but it alone means of equal value. Value doesn't mean the same it means worth

Humans and Amazons are not the exact same, I did not say that once. The have an equivalent level of intelligence and can appear indistinguishable but aren't the same thing. This means they are a creature on a similar level to humans
>>
>>14416931
I mean what the fuck are you talking, what equivalent and why should I struggle with it?

And no, I'm not the >>14416728 or some " equivalent" guy you are talking to
>>
>>14416951
read the thread or just this >>14416789

Your post was saying I claimed they were the same as humans when it completely missed the point of what I said. I never claimed they were human, just an equivalent and thus murdering them on mass is immoral. I been over the whole but they might in other posts as well
>>
>>14416931

Equivalency means that you give both sides equal standing and weight in the argument.

We are trying to argue that that's fucking impossible, in this set-up between Amazons and Humans there is no way to deal with both on the same footing. If you do support the idea of letting Amazons live then you are saying that humans are not as valuable because THEY WILL BE KILLED BY THE AMAZONS.
>>
>>14417030
>between Amazons and Humans there is no way to deal with both on the same footing
As creatures they are because of their ability as a species to have a similar level of intelligence.

>THEY WILL BE KILLED BY THE AMAZONS.
The 3000 killed were not doing so, you can separate them, if the guy saying medicine running out is right then they can be given more if the guy saying it stops working is right then start developing better medicine and quarantine them like they did before they were purposefully let out

If the killing will happen is damning you are damming humans and especially certain groups as well
>>
>>14417057
>The 3000 killed were not doing so
except that we don't know if they were doing it.

During the restaurant episode its implied the non-awakened amazons had been feeding of humans for a while and the only reason someone caught wind of it was the dude awakening and surveillance detecting it nearby and then haruka feeling the concentrated amazons on that place.

Tokio is a huge huge place, for all we know they were eating people but not awakened yet.
>>
>>14417057

That's a whole lot of what-ifs that aren't shown in the text itself. We can make hypothetical scenarios all day long but none of that factors into the decisions that any of the characters make, therefore we are not using them in our arguements.
>>
>>14417091
>its implied the non-awakened amazons had been feeding of humans
It showed a tiny group did and that they kept lighting up from it so doing so was exposing them.

You are saying a being as intelligent as a human and before running out of juice seemingly having similar moral values should be murdered for possibly crime in the future. Watch minority report

>>14417092
3000 not killing people is a fact, you don't have proof they were and we know amazons were hiding in public
It is a fact they they were able to keep them separate until purposefully let go. Haruka was also being very easily detained
We know the medicine works, though there is argument about how exactly until someone looks it up

The only what if is if they could develop another medicine, which really isn't unreasonable especially as we saw the gold armlet so they can do different stuff.

Meanwhile stuff like the post above very much is a what if. Saying they will all go crazy is a what if cause we didn't see that. Saying it is impossible to separate them is a what if because they could and were let out on purpose.
>>
>>14417129
>you don't have proof they were

Apart from LITERALLY EVERY OTHER EXPERIMENTAL AMAZON EVENTUALLY SUCCUMBING TO EATING PEOPLE.
>>
>>14417136
Apart from the 3000 which you haven't shown were doing so, you speculate were doing what seemed like 10 were. Plus those ones actually wanted help and not to turn into monsters, why can't they be given help?
>>
>>14417129
>3000 not killing people is a fact
actually the 10 or so people that haruka found in the sewers had just eaten a human and they died by the gas so thats like... 2990 "innocent" amazons.

None of them awakened by the way(except the girl haruka had the hots on).

so... not far fetched to think there were more amazons eating people while still being "human" and not awakened.

Not to mention the bus driver also not awakened, h e was taking food to an amazon, so thats accessory to murder.

... jesus this amazons are all a bunch of murderers or help with murder.
>>
>>14417146

I don't like moral absolutes generally, but the series really fucking tries its hardest to impress the "eat or be eaten" idea with the Amazons. It is a fact that they all crave human flesh and will go after it sooner or later. If you ignore that immediate threat, then you're either a dense motherfucker or are actually okay with humans dying to allow the Amazons to continue to live freely.
>>
>>14417146
You mean after a raid forced them underground? Seems like this whole extermination plan just makes them hide, become more desperate and more likely to turn

So no most don't seem to, it seems to be attacking them brings out the worst
>>
>>14417193
actually those amazons in the sewers weren't attacked at all, the wasp lady was attacked by the chemical and survived and then we found them all together in the sewers which indicated that amazon lady told them to go there, if they were intelligent like humans why did they ran and hide?

because they were hungry, we saw it, we saw others amazons still going on with their routine and getting killed by the gas because those haddent eaten yet probably.
>>
>>14417215
>actually those amazons in the sewers weren't attacked at all
Yes they were, the raid had forced them underground and then they wee attacked by the drones and got all fucked up

> if they were intelligent like humans why did they ran and hide?
You just got attacked by a swat team and burnt by a drone, are you going to just walk down the street with a merry jig?

You ignore the factors that lead to the situation and have just decided it is unavoidable. Those amazons said they didn't want to turn and to be normal, give them a way to turn themselves in and get help. It's like saying well mentally ill people will just commit crimes there is nothing we can do, no give them an avenue for help and don't make them need to hide

>because those haddent eaten yet probably.
so were innocents be killed cause of possibility. We have stats saying certain types of people are more likely to commit certain types of crime but we don't just decide they all are guilty
>>
>>14417246
lol, those weren't the same amazons at the restaurant, all those got killed by the chemical, only the lady survived.

So again you are wrong.
>>
Amazons suffers from the same issue as the xmen especially comic book form.

Yeah the people going all muties/amazons are bad are racists fucks and so is the reasoning used against them, but the series end up justifing this sentiments too much as muties/amazons end up fucking stuff up so much. They both also suffer from not showing good alternatives and showing do they work
>>
>>14410333
might be extremely autistic of me but I cringe every time I see Fukuda engaging in melee range with that rifle
>>
>>14417328
Not autistic at all. I hate that the squad is labelled by their signature weapons and yet they all do the same shit together without being in their proper roles. This kind of unprofessionalism is what makes it hard to like the squad, since every fight feels like a video game rather than a real battle.
>>
>Right before the final battle, Jin takes a bit out of an Amazon core, which visibly pisses off Haruka.
>'What's wrong with eating what I kill?'
>Earlier in the episode Haruka tells Mamoru that he believes wanting to eat people isn't inherently wrong, but gets pissed when Jin does it to an Amazon

I swear to God, Haruka's bullshit better come back to bite him in the ass in Season 2.
>>
>>14417698

This finale would've been more impactful if Haruka had some sort of consistent ethic at this point to set him opposed to Jin.

He started out just making decisions based on what "feels" right and he hasn't developed past that, and that's the most frustrating part of the series.
>>
>>14417713

Someone needs to kick the shit out of Haruka until he has a consistent set of ethics. I don't care if he sides with the Amazons, at least he wouldn't be flip-flopping anymore.
>>
>>14412004
What? That's a perfectly understandable sentence. He's insinuating it as opposed to outright accusing the president, probably cuz it's not his place as a subordinate
>>
>>14417730

That's what Jin tried to do at the start of the series, to be fair. It's not his fault that Haruka turned out to be ridiculously powerful.
>>
>>14417811

Why exactly is Haruka so strong anyway?
>>
>>14417713
>making decisions based on what "feels" right
This sums up all of humanity throughout history.
>>
>>14417875
He was probably engineered to be a powerful type of Amazon, plus he has the belt that enhances his abilities.

Sigma probably used Haruka as a base to get more power out of him.
>>
>>14410703
Another way I'd look at it is it's okay to have a boner when you see some attractive, but it doesn't mean you should go sexually assault them.
>>
>>14414470
Yeah, I was a bit confused. He cares for Amazon kind, but he still brutally killed the ones attacking the team...but he was mad at Jin for eating an Amazon (who had presumbly turned)?
>>
So, Normal Amazons are made from scratch,
Jin is adding Amazon cells to his own body
and Haruka is adding human to Amazon.

Was there ever an explanation on where the amazon cells came to in the first place? How it can obtain human intelligence?
>>
I like the ending. In the end, neither Haruka or Jin are absolute heroes nor are they absolute monsters. They compliment each other perfectly.

Jin is trying to be a one-man genocide machine in order to protect humanity. To him, human life is held at the utmost importance no matter if the human is a murderer or innocent. He will kill Amazons regardless of circumstance. He doesn't care if they are trying to live a normal life, they all must be eliminated.

Meanwhile, Haruka wants to protect those who are hunted regardless if they are human or Amazon. To him, Amazons aren't just experiments, they're living beings with minds of their own. And until they awaken, he'll protect them while taking out any Amazons that prey on humans. But by doing so, he's putting humans at risk by not stamping out the problem beforehand.

In the end, neither is a paragon. There are reasons to cheer for both of them, but also reasons to hate them as well. Do you value human life above all others? Or do you value life in general? The show isn't perfect (those Amazons in the restaurant were not fucking innocent), but I still think it's solid enough.
>>
>this thread

Why is KR so good at making people defend retarded shit?
>>
>>14418335
Because you're taking it too seriously.
>>
>>14418335
because there are actual amazons in this thread.

its fucking scary dude.
>>
>>14418612
do they know that semen is a good source of protein?
>>
>>14418095
That's a good analogy.
>>
>>14418670
They always said "protein" over human flesh.
Is there a reason why amazons can't eat like beef or something like Mamoru?
>>
>>14418966
Beef apparently isn't as good for them. Once they get a taste for it, nothing else really satisfies them. Not to mention beef is a lot harder to get in significant portions, especially in Japan.
>>
>>14418966
>>14418997
then just buy whey protein goddammit
>>
>>14419006
Not really going to work. They seem to need meat, and it's not exactly like they have many legit options here. The company isn't exactly asking questions first. Plus, the president flipped out at the very ideal of Amazons not needing to eat.
>>
>>14419006
Would you switch to a wheyprotein only diet instead of normal meat consumption?
>>
>>14419022
>>14419024
couldn't they supplement normal meat with protein powder?
seems like a more appropriate alternative then die trying to hunt humans
>>
>>14419093
Not really. They tend to avoid eating humans as long as they can anyway. They bands are their arms are helping to control their appetites. When they fail, they attack humans because they are basically starving.
>>
>>14417698
>but gets pissed when Jin does it to an Amazon
How is that different from the humans not liking getting killed but being okay with killing amazons? At least Haruka isn't killing every human that moves, he's just playing for the opposite team meanwhile Jin really seems to have gone of the deep end
>>
File: 1461620949960.png (4 MB, 2480x2953) Image search: [Google]
1461620949960.png
4 MB, 2480x2953
>>14418257
This. Jin sees only humans should be allowed to live, Haruka sees that all life matters while those who do wrong should get punished and I bet in season 2 we will see a completely pro Amazon anti-human fraction.
>>
>>14417698
Haruka said feeling like you want to eat a person is okay. He still kills Amazons that go through with it. Feels != actions. Also Jin, is just trying to kill every last Amazon.
>>
>>14411849
Kobayashi would never kill off her boipussy
>>
>>14419400
Like pedos that don't actually touch kids. They can't help how they feel but we let them be if they don't act on it and will even try and help them learn to live normally. There is still a big worry they will do it, many do but we don't just throw them all under a bus

Here Nozama and Jin have done that saying it's broke and can't be fixed, not seeming to care other options be it out of guilt or because they want to force selection. Like many would probably still say about pedos, they don't care about another solution cause pedos are a threat

Haruka's issue is he never really proved his side, the series focused on amazons going bad and he didn't exactly seem stable at the end either. But then again that is cause he is living as an amazon not a human, he's a wild animal which isn't an unusual thing. His only real point to back it up is many amazons did not want to be dangerous and hurt people but they couldn't help it, like pedos don't want to hurt kids but because of their ergs can't help it

I think this issue may have been too complex for 13 episodes
>>
>>14419481
I don't really think it needs to be proven. His stance is that they are innocent until guilty. Until they actually hurt someone, they should not be hurt themselves. The other side was the hypocritical side since they were letting him and M live. Haruka just basically said there was no difference between them and M.
>>
>>14415587
>fucking shirakura
FTFY. He's the one who loves killing off any female riders
>>
>>14419501
The issue is that there is such a strong likelihood they will kill humans, and the show didn't demonstrate can they find a way to live without hurting people. Merely they wanted it while the human characters didn't even consider it.

Haruka's idea is good in theory and from a base stand point appears more moral, but needs to be shown there is a process that can work and he can enact it. Season 2 will likely have both sides not going well, which I'm okay with as this could actually be an interesting dark tone

>The other side was the hypocritical side since they were letting him and M live
Pretty much everyone in the series is, which makes it hard for many people to grasp cause the series doesn't present a right for them to latch onto
>>
>tfw it's hard to discuss the show due to /pol/tards
>>
File: 1465539016464.png (535 KB, 730x602) Image search: [Google]
1465539016464.png
535 KB, 730x602
>>14419520
Amazons is a religion of peace
>>
>>14419518
The head of sales proved that you can make Amazon's that don't have to eat at all. The gold armband showed that they was more the could do to peacefully suppress them as well.

Haruka isn't really hypocritical. He is just idealistic. He wants to protect everyone, even if it is not realistic.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.