[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laevatein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: as01_m0002.jpg (377 KB, 1068x1511) Image search: [Google]
as01_m0002.jpg
377 KB, 1068x1511
For those who read FMP novels and supplemental materials, I have questions regarding ARX-8 Laevatein.
What's the origin story?
How advanced it is compared to Arbalest or Venom?
How powerful is that Demolition Gun?
What are these "fairy feathers" and "lambda driver canceller" stuff I've heard of?
>>
Laevatein is the best worst AS ever made.
>it's the end of the war!
>we don't need stealth
>we don't need sensors
>we don't need it for more than a few days
>ALRIGHT PUT ALL THE MONEY INTO EVERYTHING ELSE
It's a massively overpowered piece of terrible engineering.
It only has two "gimmicks" on it, a pair of tiny arms that are mostly here to throw knives and grenades and stuff even when its regular arms are too full of bigass guns, and the Fairy Feather that like you said is a Lambda Driver canceller. It does funny things to Behemoths.
>>
File: 10268909a4.jpg (96 KB, 799x1200) Image search: [Google]
10268909a4.jpg
96 KB, 799x1200
>>14488996
I guess that's where this "unimaginable deficiency" came from?
>It does funny things to Behemoths
Oh so it cancel Lambda Driver of other unit. I was confused why it needs to cancel its own Lambda Driver.
>>
>>14488673
>What's the origin story?
Arbalest got wrecked but Al's AI core got away and made a new robot.

>How powerful is that Demolition Gun?
On its own it's a cannon made for demolishing buildings and is so powerful that if used without the lambda driver the Laevatein's arms break.
With the Lambda Driver it's Lambda Driver magic 1-shot anything powerful.

>"fairy feathers" "lambda driver canceller"
Same thing.

It cancels all lambda drivers in the area and gets rid of the 1 shit bullshit powercreep.
>>
>>14488673
Laevatein is the repaired and upgraded version of the Arbalest after Leonard trashed it, though so many parts had to be replaced that it's really a new unit entirely. If I remember right it only has the Lambda Driver and AI core from the original Arms Slave. It's both very advanced and very primitive at the same time, like >>14488996 says it was never meant to be used for more than a few fights so the designers could cut out everything you'd need for a production-model AS and just focus everything on power. Physically it drives the muscle package systems used by other modern Arm Slaves to the limit, giving ridiculous strength and speed, but where a Gernsback needs its muscle packages replaced every six months the Laevatein needs it every day. Its gun is an artillery canon that they slapped a trigger on so that it could be hand-held, and can usually manage to take out a Behemoth in a single shot, but without the Lambda Driver it risks doing just as much damage to the Laevatein. And when it activates the Fairy Feather all nearby AS's lose their Lambda Driver capability, meaning that while it can't use its own strongest gun, it can still use regular weapons against the typically lightly-armed Amalgam units. Originally Leonard's Belial didn't have any conventional weapons at all, you can imagine what an unpleasant surprise the Fairy Feather was for him.
>>
>>14489087
>Originally Leonard's Belial didn't have any conventional weapons at all
Its only weapon was the arm cannons, and it got the magic bow only in the last fight which was AFTER it first got lambda driver cancelled in Russia because Leonard's a genius.
>>
>>14489092
That's right, I forgot the arm cannons. Well, the point mostly stands, they weren't particularly strong.
>>
>>14489105
Leonard beat the shit out of Sousuke when they fought at Russia and it only had the arm cannons AND fell out of the sky when the canceller caught him by surprise though.
>>
>>14489055
It cancels ALL Lambda Driver in range, including its own.
>>
>>14488673
>Final assault at enemy base
>Laevatein is surrounded by LD equipped enemy AS in an open field
>"Hahaha! You're fucked!"
>Missles from Tuatha de Danaan comes raining down on them
>"We have Lambda Driver fool!"
>Laevatein activates the Fairy's Feather
>"FFFFFF!"
>>
>>14489283
>>Final assault at enemy base
>>Laevatein is surrounded by LD equipped enemy AS in an open field
>>"Hahaha! You're fucked!"
>>Missles from Tuatha de Danaan comes raining down on them
>>"We have Lambda Driver fool!"
>>Laevatein activates the Fairy's Feather
>FFFFFF
>ALRIGHT TIME FOR THE FINAL SHOWDOWN WITH LEONARD

>lol leonard isnt here he teleported with sophia to tokyo-3 :^)

srw z3
>>
>>14488996
It's also equipped with an experimental Palladium Reactor which has an output enough to power an entire warship.
>>
>>14488673
It's technically the most powerful AS in the series. Sousuke is just really shit at using the lambda driver compared to Leonard. In fact, I'd say he's pretty shit in general.
>>
>>14491499
He's pretty much a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' kind of soldier.

Knows how to snipe but out skilled by Webber.
Great AS pilot but got schooled by Closeaux.
Can make sound tactics but that job still goes to Mao, Kalinin, and Tessa.

Calling his LD operational skills shit compared to Leonard and calling it shit is a no-brainer. Leonard is a Whispered who knows the ins and out and the full potential of the device, so of course, he will exceed in it.
>>
>>14491875
leonard's AS also revolves pretty much entirely around its LD use, given that its standard weaponry without the bow consists of, what, vulcans?
>>
>>14491875
He should've left it to Al. The motherfucker blocked a nuclear explosion and all of the radiation from it until they were rescued. Meanwhile Sousuke couldn't even conceive of a way to block the mahou shoujo arrow.
>>
>>14491953
The arm cannons are about as good as any AS gun.
>>
>>14491953
He was so cocky indeed.
His AS getting destroyed by a simple Panzerfaust was probably the most gratifying comeuppance.

>>14491963
AL was probably not ready yet. And when he tried it, it was still a gamble. I think Bani Morauta's goal with AL is to create an AI that can control the LD independently. But to do that, the AI needs to be nurtured first and that took time.
>>
>>14492029
>Panzerfaust
Next you'll be telling me you can't tell the difference between a LAW, RPG, bazooka, missile launcher, rocket launcher, and grenade launcher.
>>
>>14493588
We'll sorry 'bout that. It's been several years since I last read the novel.
>>
Speaking of, did anything ever come of that announcement a while back?
>>
>>14489185
>>14489283
What's the catch though? Does the canceler has limited use or huge power requirement?
>>
>>14493651
The main catch is just that it disables its own Lambda Driver, which isn't necessarily a good idea when you're badly outnumbered and your biggest weapons rely on the LD to function.
>>
>>14493657
I remember that Behemoth in the anime can't even stand without LD, so if it's the same in the novel then the canceler is simply 'I win' button against such thing.
>>
I'm a Belial fan myself, but that demolition gun is sex.
>>
>>14493651
Limited use and it disables the Laevatein's LD.
>>
>>14493651
In the final Laevatein vs Belial battle, Sousuke was forced to use the Fairy's Feather to disable Leonard's magic bow gun. The Laevatein has spent all its ammo expect for the Demolition Gun and head vulcans. Out of desperation, Sousuke fired the Demolition gun without the LD. The blast tore the Laevatein's right arm but the Belial, despite the damage it sustained, is still able to fight.

> Does the canceler has limited use or huge power requirement?
Yes. The Laevatein is a sitting duck when it's using it:
>>Evasive Maneuvers. But because Tessa and Lemon were being gripped with the support arms, he can't move recklessly. He doesn't have enough power. Because the electrical charge of the unit is being taken by the [Fairy's Feather], he only has minimum mobility.
http://shutazen.livejournal.com/tag/fmp%20anot
>>
File: 1439181021643.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1439181021643.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>Seeing this baby tearing shit up animated (hopefully well)
>>
File: knight rider.jpg (70 KB, 1034x720) Image search: [Google]
knight rider.jpg
70 KB, 1034x720
>>14489073
>but Al's AI core got away and made a new robot.

and then put into his best form
>>
>>14488673
Are the rumors true that they're making a new FMP?
>>
>>14502341
I was hoping they would after AL requested to be put in Pontiac Trans Am. But instead, he's controlling a captured Alastor remotely and works as Tessa's bodyguard in the side story.
>>
>>14502400

Tessa can go to hell
>>
>>14502363
It's been announced last year. No new information since then.
>>
>>14502446
It's crazy that they would announce a new series. I thought The Second Raid came out like 10 years ago or so.
>>
>>14502484
Miracles happen.
As long as something comes of it, of course.
>>
>>True. It will be interesting to see how it goes. From what I remember FMP had a lot of comedy but TSR was a lot more serious. I wonder how they'll do the new series.
>>
>>14502538
They're just a few story arcs from the point where the source material gets quite a bit more serious, as well. So it'll probably end up being somewhat like Second Raid - there will be a fair bit of comedy at the start, but most of it won't last.
>>
>>14488673
In terms of performance it was also mentioned the Laevatein also has far less operational time than the Arbalest and less power to draw on, less agile and has no ECS cloak.

It's basically supposed to go stomping into a firefight all guns blazing in minutes and get out, doesn't matter how good your mech is long as everything is dead is the policy.
>>
you know what I love about fmp and the laevatein? it's op but it's not broken, given what it lacks in exchange for it (doesn't have ecs and other electronics that even basic as models have), as well as its handicaps (the lambda driver canceller drains a lot of power and nullifies even its own, etc) and the fact that it's way past its prime by the time of the final battle with leonard and the belial.

in its first battle, the laevatein finished three behemoths and three codarls a few seconds short of six minutes. by the time they are back to merida island, mithril has been disbanded and the tdd is all out of sources for suplies and ammunition, muscle packages and such, and still has two split the little they have between the laevatein, the falke, and the gernsback.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.