[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to start watching g gundam, should i watch it dubbed or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: domon.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
domon.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
about to start watching g gundam, should i watch it dubbed or subbed? i usually go with subs but i've heard good things about the dub so i figured i'd ask /m/'s opinion
>>
Try to hold out for the blu-ray if you can!

Also, I agree that the dubbing quality is good.
>>
>>14382046

have you tried watching both and forming your own opinion based on experience and exposure?

Fuck you.
>>
Sub. Dub Domon isn't bad, but no one can beat the Japanese at yelling.
>BAAAAKKUUNETTSSSU
>GODDDOO
>FIIIIIIINNGGAAAAA
>>
>>14382046
Subbed, then Dubbed.
Everyone has to experience both, for they are both good.
>>
>>14382046
I watched the dub as a kid, and honestly, I still prefer it. I tried watching it with the original audio, but I couldn't get into it. Maybe it's my nostalgia speaking, but I really think Mark Gatha was perfect as Domon. I respect Seki, but he doesn't get across the same sense of inexperience and naivete you got from Gatha

It ain't perfect, though. Sai Saici and Rain in particular sound kinda off. The rest are good.
>>
>>14382046
>i've heard good things about the dub
You've heard memes. It's as shithouse as any average anime dub, but there's nostalgia tainting the minds and ears of some Americunts who grew up with the dub on TV.

Domon is Tomokazu Seki, why would you want another voice?
>>
>>14382046
Doesn't matter. G Gundam is fucking stupid anyway. Fuck off and move on.
>>
As much as I love it, the dub takes awhile to get legitimately good. I'd go with sub for first viewing.

Also wait for them BDs.
>>
>>14382090
>You've heard memes

The only meme here is you
>>
>>14382046

Both have a goofy charm and both can be watched equally, as they have flaws & strengths. Also hold out for the remastered Blu-Rays because it looks gorgeous.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.