[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beast Wars/ Transformers thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13
File: BWDinobot_decision.jpg (40 KB, 385x472) Image search: [Google]
BWDinobot_decision.jpg
40 KB, 385x472
>The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic... for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior... let the battle be joined.
>>
is dinobot the original raptor jesus?
>>
I never understood how that sword worked. It's spinning arrow/spearheads?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2t4MBhGAg8
>>
File: FIGURE-018262.jpg (117 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-018262.jpg
117 KB, 600x600
OT...anyone getting Takaratomy's BW Convoy?
>>
Was there ever a comic that explained how he first joined the Predicons? They seemed contrast his ideals.
>>
File: 2012-03-20-megatronyes1.png (133 KB, 550x770) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-20-megatronyes1.png
133 KB, 550x770
>>14335905
If I had the money I would say "YES!", but since I don't, it's a "No."
>>
File: Beast Wars Shelf.jpg (197 KB, 700x616) Image search: [Google]
Beast Wars Shelf.jpg
197 KB, 700x616
>>14335921
He probably respected Megatron's strength as a leader before seeing how full of shit he could be, also considering that all the Maximals were just lowly scientists to him.
>>14335905
>tfw no new Beast Wars toys
I know they've released those Generations figures but a whole toyline would be cool so I can see the other characters "modernized"
>>
>>14335905
Yes! Pre-ordered 2.

>>14335957
Well we're getting an MP Cheetor soon. Maybe they'll continue?
>>
Bump
>"I said no! Dragon-Bot command you, Sub-Commander Kiss-Butt! Dragon-Bot not command Waspinator! Not any more! Waspinator sick of being evil. Sick of being Predacon! And, Waspinator especially sick of getting blown to scrap all the time! Sooo, Waspinator quit! As of now, which means Ant-Bot and Two-Head can just pucker their mandibles and plant big, wet, juicy one right here on Waspinator's big...fat...stripy...a...[BAM!!!]
>>
>>14335901

Why was he the best of all Megatrons?
>>
>>14337552
He was the man with the plan, was voiced by David Kaye, and was penned by Mainframe writers back in a time when they weren't in the mercy of toymakers, yeesss.
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=xRb5z16o77w

I searched for this scene in order to post it as an awesome moment since that's how I remembered it, but now I'm a bit taken aback by how poorly the animation has aged. Hadn't looked at it in years.
>>
File: index.jpg (15 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15 KB, 251x201
I think it's hilarious that two of the series that had the most negative initial reaction turned out to be two of the best.
>>
>>14337575
I also like that he wasn't super powerful
Like he has an edge but these days Megatrons are so hyped up that you wonder why they need their minions at all, and it never works out because of course he has to lose in the end so they all end up jobbing hard.

Megatron BW was wily and powerful but had an uphill battle and could not mow down five maximals on his own, he needed his minions to work for him and he needed his savvy to stay ahead of his minions incompetence and subordination.

There's a lot about Beast Wars writing and setup that I miss, despite it not being perfect it has not been surpassed by most other transformers media.
>>
File: 1465071368415.jpg (108 KB, 476x392) Image search: [Google]
1465071368415.jpg
108 KB, 476x392
>>14336151
>MP Cheetor
>>
>>14337603
>not being perfect it has not been surpassed by most other transformers media.
No kid sidekicks, aside from the 2 times with the proto-humans. And the Waspinator getting slaged montage.
Season 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvLwUuTfdew
Season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7dd9LBJZwM
Season 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5mI5CRn89Q
>>
>>14337603
>>I also like that he wasn't super powerful
Like he has an edge but these days Megatrons are so hyped up that you wonder why they need their minions at all, and it never works out because of course he has to lose in the end so they all end up jobbing hard.

ironically he basically turned into super megatron right at the end with the dragon. The final primal vs megatron was disappointing with the way megatron was slapping primal around.
>>
>>14335898
Yes
>>
File: Dirkdinobot.jpg (73 KB, 700x556) Image search: [Google]
Dirkdinobot.jpg
73 KB, 700x556
>>14335898
Shall we talk about Dinobots' "rigid grill structure"?
>>
Has there ever been a show with a more distinctive and well suited voice actor cast? I swear there isn't a single character in BW that you could not immediately identify by 3 lines max, nor one who's personality was not perfectly conveyed through that voice. I was always convinced that were someone to run voice clips by people uninitiated with the show, that they would attach a personality to that voice right in line with character 9 times out of 9.

With exception, you get that maybe with half the cast for any other show that comes to mind, and never as well suited as with BW. Does that check with anyone else, or am I off my rocker?
>>
>>14335957
I think the biggest disappointment for me with the first run BW action figures (and lets face it, there were many) was the lack of arm compartment on Rattrap. As a kid that hammer-space little forearm storage compartment was the coolest damn thing.

And then they go and do a thing like this. So sick.
>>
>>14335929
Man, there isn't a speck of sinister intent in that smile. That is pure, genuine joy in a way I don't think Megs ever expressed in the show. Once or twice you get an anticipation joy, but never the payoff legit article.

It's not a bad look for him. Pity his plans never quite got him to this happy place.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJkvwoddxY
>>
File: getter drill.gif (1 MB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
getter drill.gif
1 MB, 440x248
>>14335899
>>
>>14337575
They were at the mercy of the toymakers, but they were good enough writers to make it work and work well.
>>
>>14342154
Supposedly they hated Waspinator and didn't want to use him, but the toymakers insisted and that's why universe hate Waspinator. Unfortunately, that ended up making him a popular character. Fortunately, the writers also took a liking to Waspinator's eternal suffering, so he was spared his planned death.

Definitely the best case of editorial oversight gone right ever. I wonder if the toymakers had known what they were doing with Waspinator if they would have put a stop to it and thus deprived themselves of such a now-beloved character.
>>
File: 1465613932739.jpg (509 KB, 2048x1480) Image search: [Google]
1465613932739.jpg
509 KB, 2048x1480
>>14337632
Speaking of which, just found this on /toy/.

Takara somehow was able to get a show accurate Cheetor beast mode to transform into a show accurate robot mode, the absolute madmen.
>>
File: Waspinator Kareoke.jpg (57 KB, 765x609) Image search: [Google]
Waspinator Kareoke.jpg
57 KB, 765x609
>>
>>14342154
Yeah, although their luck gradually ran out from Beast Machines onward.
>>
File: gobot revolutionarie.jpg (725 KB, 1280x1547) Image search: [Google]
gobot revolutionarie.jpg
725 KB, 1280x1547
>>
>>14345715
To be fair, Beast Machines was a entirely different group of writers and showrunners from Beast Wars.
>>
>>14345715
>>14350414

I'm not gonna lie, I really liked the moment where Tankor became Rhinox again, and the jet dude became Silverbolt for a while.
>>
>>14350414
That's part of the problem, really; when an exec tells your staff to not know anything about the show you're doing a sequel to, you're in for trouble.
>>
Thanks for reminding me of that lost Cheetor toy I had as a kid. Loved that thing and brought it around with me everywhere.
>>
>>14335957
They've also released Rhinox and Ratrap somewhat recently. There's also a Black Arachnia that's a retool of the Animated version, complete with fake boobs.

Dinobot and Cheetoh were released long ago, and there are some Primals as well. So you can pretty much make a Classics/Generation Maximal line up right now.
>>
File: Megatrontm2render.jpg (52 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
Megatrontm2render.jpg
52 KB, 500x353
>>14353170
It's too bad my favorite one is both a predacon and his final form, since the releases favor season one maximals, go forward a little, and stop suddenly.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.