[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 1432x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 1432x1080
Explain to me why we like this moeshit
>>
Not before you explain to me why you are shit first.
>>
>>14329234
its from the 80's
>>
>>14329234
I SEE THROUGH YOUR RUSE LECOQUE!
>>
Anything with cute girls in it=!moeshit
>>
>>14329262
not according to /m/
>>
>>14329234
Because it's a stunningly animated and stylistic sci-fi story with giant robots WITH cute girls. The cute girls could be replaced easily and it would still be a good OVA.
>>
>>14329327
Well /m/ is retarded about this kind of thing
>>
>>14329327
You mean /a/
/m/ thinks robots are cute girls
>>
it's manly moe

like symphogear
>>
>>14329234
You got a contradiction in your question.
>>
>>14329234

Because it's shit?
>>
>>14329234
Because liking attractive females is common among male heterosexuals and nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>14329520
>/m/
>hetero

Oh you.
>>
>>14329234
The 80 can do no wrong.
>>
>>14329581
There's a few of us.
>>
File: UltraSevenCallsDumb.jpg (268 KB, 1000x1070) Image search: [Google]
UltraSevenCallsDumb.jpg
268 KB, 1000x1070
Hey OP, have you watched all six episodes? If not, BITE ME.
>>
>>14329234
because she's full of HOT BLOOD and GUTS. The two most important admirable qualities in a super robot protagonist
>>
>>14329333
This. Strip the cuteness and the girls out of Girls und Panzer for example and you have a fairly average tournament anime except now it's tanks.

Strip girls and cuteness out of Gunbuster and you still have prime Gainax glorious animation, great fight scenes, FTL shenanigans and so on.
>>
>>14329902

Let's be honest, the FTL is only there to serve as a reason for character drama and not to be any kind of sci-fi candy for the world building or to make it hard science fiction. Also, of course Gunbuster is expected to have better animation and fights than something like Girls und Panzer. One is a tv show and one is an OVA. Better production comes with the territory, cute girls or no. The Girls und Panzer movie has good fights and animation too from what I gather.
>>
>>14329234
>Explain to me why we like this moeshit

It isn't moeshit.
Sexy character is different from a moe character.
The 80s and 90s had sexy female characters. The 00s had moe female characters.

Modern otakus don't want independent assertive female characters. They want fragile, infant looking, demiure characters. Characters that cannot view their life without a male hand guiding them. The total opposite of a character such as Noriko or Nadia.
>>
Why is Noriki so sexy?
>>
>>14329340
>thinks
Well they are.
>>
>>14330054
>Why is Noriki so sexy?

Why is a playboy bunny girl sexy ?
>>
>>14330060
leotard?
>>
>>14330060
>Why is a playboy bunny girl sexy ?
Fishnets
>>
>>14330050

> Noriko is an independent assertive female

Good one. That's why she needed Coach to inspire her to work hard, why she almost stopped piloting because a guy she barely knew but had a crush on died, why she needed Coach's permission to use the Gunbuster and so on I bet. Because she's an independent woman who doesn't need a male hand guiding them.
>>
>we
>moeshit
KYS
>>
>>14330143
>why she needed Coach's permission to use the Gunbuster
More like this:
>Noriko: "Captain, I'm borrowing this"
>Captain: "You what?"
>Cotchi: "Nice, btw go for their mothership"
>Noriko: "Woah, you're ok with this? K, I'm off"
Note that this is after he grounded her, so she probably didn't expect to get his approval (approval and permission are two different things, my friend).
>>
>>14330143
Right, forgot about that one too.
>she almost stopped piloting because a guy she barely knew but had a crush on died
She felt that it was her fault and in case you didn't know, guilt can hurt. A lot.
>>
"fiction is better with strong independent female characters" is a forced feminist meme
>>
>>14330050
Modern otaku don't want male hands guiding the girls. They want the girls to be completely ignorant of men so they can imagine themselves as the man that changes that.
>>
MUH SHADING
>>
>>14329234
people here like moeshit, they just pretend to hide that they don't because muh old anime.
>>
>>14329234
It's not moe if it's from an OVA with lots of violence! Moe totally changed meaning!
>>
>>14330273
But fiction is better with well written characters, and that's count for the female characters too.
But being "strong and independent" is not being well written.
>>
cute girls = moe? so all heterosexual men moefags I guess?
>>
>>14330344
yes
>>
>>14330050
>They want fragile, infant looking, demiure character
Then explain why everyone hates Minmei Lynn.
>>
File: See you spacenoid boy.webm (2 MB, 540x406) Image search: [Google]
See you spacenoid boy.webm
2 MB, 540x406
>>14330566
She's shit.

Also, very bad at being demure. She's just dim. ;_;
>>
>>14330566
Because the other chick, despite being more mature, comes off as equally shy and inexperienced in private. If she had an ex-boyfriend name Tyrone, otakus would prefer Minmay
>>
>>14329234
It is incredibly offensive to Hawaiians.
>>
>>14329234
>we
WE don't like anything, m8.

Anyway, I personally don't like the moe episodes of Gunbuster. It only gets good once Noriko stops crying and starts busting. I don't know how anyone can consider her a 'badarse' character when she spends half the show crying.
>>
>>14330566
>Then explain why everyone hates Minmei Lynn.

Minmei is an egoistic idiot. She only realises her full potential on the day humanity is going to be laser away by the Zentraedi (Macross episode 27). And it took a good slap from Hikaru too to make her come to her senses.
>>
>>14330703
Misa did have an ex, sort of. There was like a whole episode about her remembering some childhood love

The true otaku probably consider Millia best girl because she and the rest of the Meltrandi (initially) knew nothing of DE CULTURE
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.