[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is New Getter so good despite looking so awful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12
File: 2016-05-22.png (938 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-22.png
938 KB, 1366x768
Why is New Getter so good despite looking so awful?
>>
File: puke_or_have_a_seizure.jpg (260 KB, 920x662) Image search: [Google]
puke_or_have_a_seizure.jpg
260 KB, 920x662
>that one episode where the city backgrounds looked like they were Live Traced in Illustrator
>>
>>14273589
>looking awful
>mimics the Gou-inspired SvN style perfectly
>smiles and crazy eyes errywhere
>characters are beautiful and constantly moving
I mean New Getter wasn't great but it looked great
>>
>>14273589
You've got that backwards.

>>14273649
But it doesn't look like SvN style at all, it looks more like 2000s Ishikawa.
>>
>>14273627
It's sad that a lot of anime bgs are done like that nowadays, albiet with photoshop filters and not illustrator.

New Ryoma a cute. But all Ryomas are cute so that goes without saying
>>
I like the new Getter robo.
Thought the OVA itself was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>14273589
Because Jun Kawagoe knows how to manage a budget. He saves the good animation for the most impressive scenes, and even some of the sloppy animation is fluid enough.
>>
>>14273589
It was precisely because it looked good that it was good. Getter Robo's storyline is not very complex or interesting no matter what part of it you're looking at, so it's the art and animation that makes or breaks it.
>>
>>14273627
So like Makoto Shinkai?
>>
>>14273589
It was pretty meh, but I thought the visuals suited it well enough.
>>
>>14274003
t. someone who has never even so much as glanced at the manga, or is stupid as all get out.
>>
>>14273589
It was low budget, but used its little budget very well.

>>14273627
Post screenshots, but I don't agree.
>>
>>14273993
>Thought the OVA itself was pretty mediocre.

Like the rest of the franchise?
>>
>>14274369
No shitposter, but please do try and explain how you're right.
>>
The character designs and line quality kind of remind me of the ones in Airmaster. Is that a coincidence?
>>
>>14274286
Don't want to really argue about if getter is good or bad, cause really like the series despite its flaws but you really think the manga's storyline is good?!
What is so complex, please tell, there is a bit mystery about getter rays and getter dragon but the story itself is kinda shallow and the characters are also not really interesting.
>>
>>14274295
The entirety of the outside scenes in episode 10 is a washed-out oil panting. I never complained about the art, but that was the only time I was like "what the fuck."
>>
I don't really want to nitpick, but it just looks weird, especially when it's supposed to be an important scene where people are getting massacred and buildings are collapsing
>>
Stupid fucking spics.
>>
>>14273589
>getter
>good
Pick one jose
>>
>>14274525
Yes, it along with the characters is fantastic and very interesting. Don't know why you'd think otherwise.
>interrobang
Never mind, it makes sense now.
>>
I get you OP, in the final battle there's a quite a bit of motion tweening here and there
But anyway
>good music
>really cool setting, both the modern bits and the feudal japan bits
>musashi and benkei are the same guy which makes the story much more straightforward, which is beneficial for a 12 episode series
>explain what Getter Rays are well for the newcomers
>Good use of the insert songs, ensuring max hype
>>
>>14275622
Because the vast majority of it depicts either a robot fighting dinosaurs, demons or aliens, or the flimsy reasons these fights happen

>interesting characters
Name one character trait of literally any character that is explored with any depth. Hint: there are none.
>>
>>14275664
>Ryouma's karate school
>Professor Hayato
>Go in general
>>
>>14275658
>>explain what Getter Rays are well for the newcomers

By not explaining shit? Just like the manga, I guess.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>14275664
>>
>>14275758
Shut up pedro
>>
>>14275747
There's a whole scene where Dr whatshisface tells Ryoma about getter rays and how they advance evolution and all that.
>>
>>14275752

When you stop listening.
>>
>>14275734
Still waiting.
>>
>>14275821
+1
>>
>>14275664
Don't try and pretend you're >>14274525, Spic. Also, literally all the character traits and reasons are explained in depth, and are not flimsy in the slightest. It is funny to see you try and argue this, since if Getter is bad to you, then it makes no sense why you like the shit Ishinomori and Yokoyama made when they're no better.
>>
Who's/how many dicks do I have to suck to get the 2 shitposters banned. At this point I'd take having clawshrimpy back over them. At least claw was somewhat amusing.
>>
>>14275951
Shrimpy was at least fucking genuine. He was an idiot, but at least he tried to have a decent conversation.

Shrimpy > Getter shitposters
>>
>>14275885
>his neckbeard grew so thick it spread to his forearms
>>
>>14275931

You got the wrong guy. Again.
>>
>>14276090

Here's a hint for you to get your shitposters right. I like Ishikawa just fine. He's not amazing or anything, but I like him regardless. Nagai is the one you will see me posting more about. So if you see anyone constantly attacking Getter Robo or whatever, it's probably one of the other guys. I seriously doubt we're just 2 by this point, though. I only get on /m/ once a day.
>>
>>14275931
Having explanations doesn't make something complex.

I like Getter, but for the action. The story is just window dressing for the action. I never even mentioned Ishinomori and I don't think I've ever seen anything by him. The most experience I have with Yokoyama is reading the first volume of the Mars manga
>>
>>14276168

I think what's happening here is that people are finally realizing it's not everyone who loves Getter Robo outside of their circlejerk. And other people are able to see the flaws in the series without being a shitposter. Dealing with criticism is one of the many issues of the Getter fanbase.
>>
>>14275951
>>14276000
i never thought i would say i miss him at this point.
but then again, if he was still around in /m/, we will have to deal with both these shitposters and him. fuck, maybe his adoration/dicksucking to ggg could have been even more ammo for these faggots too, overkilling the already low chances of ggg discussion, because let's be honest, there's not much left now, so i could imagine the threads act really similar to these getter shitposting centrals, and they could even leak to any other brave series in general
>>
File: I'm gonna kill you.jpg (78 KB, 436x413) Image search: [Google]
I'm gonna kill you.jpg
78 KB, 436x413
>>14276223
>getter robo is shit
>criticism
You've either been here too long or you haven't been here long enough
>>
>>14276168
It's not. I'm somewhat shocked you think I was talking to you when it was very obvious I was addressing the Spic, AKA >>14276134 >>14276223. Then again, you're stupid enough to think Getter doesn't have a good plot, so it's not surprising.

>>14276223
Not a single person who has ever talked about these supposed "flaws" ever explained or tried to expound on them and were only throwing words around to try and make people butthurt, much like you and the at least two other mindless shitposters currently in this thread are.
>>
>>14276223
>it's not everyone who loves Getter Robo
why are you here then?

back to your faggot gundam threads, spic.
>>
>>14273589
should i read shin getter robo or getter robo?
whats the difference?
>>
>>14278838
Reading order for Getter Robo Saga (mainline series):
Getter Robo > Getter Robo G > Getter Robo Go > Shin Getter Robo > Getter Robo Arc
>>
>>14277503
I got (You)s, so you were clearly talking to me

The plot of the Getter Robo manga is as follows
>Dinosaurs attack, three guys get into a robot and kill them. One dies along the way
>Demons attack, the remaining two guys and a new guy get into a robot and kill them
>The dinosaurs attack again many years later, two guys and a girl get into a robot and assist other robots from other nations. They all fail to accomplish much. Eventually, their boss, one of the original two guys decides it's time for the Final Solution and sends one of the new two guys to find the other original guy. He does, and then the two guys take a monk and get into a new robot, kill the dinosaurs, and then themselves because the robot's power source made them go bonkers
>The three guys from part two test the robot from part three before part three happens. Suddenly they get attacked by ayy lmaos. The aliens manage to put the new robot out of commission briefly, forcing the guy introduced in part two to sacrifice himself in the robot from part two. He becomes a pile of radioactive waste hidden under the Earth. The new robot is repaired, the guy who built it goes mad and its main pilot is sent to the future briefly to see the results of unchecked Getter research. He returns to the present, picks up his other pal from part one and fights the invaders one last time before the research facility the robot was housed in blows up with no survivors. Main guy quits piloting until he doesn't in part three.
>Son of guy from part one is recruited by remaining guy from part one along with a relative of the monk from part three and a half dinosaur to pilot a new robot to fight more aliens. They get sent into the future and obtain the alien superweapon before going back to the present, just in time for the author's death.

So simple, I could fit it in one post despite the series being written over the course of thirty years. And that's because it consists of nothing more than setups for action scenes
>>
>>14279188
>mario's first attempt at making a bad summary for a story
Cute!
>>
File: Kofffff.png (24 KB, 185x144) Image search: [Google]
Kofffff.png
24 KB, 185x144
Schwartz Koff is the culprit for all this spic mess, and i love it
>>
>>14279196
I wasn't even trying to make it bad, just tell it like it is. Hell, I don't even mind this kind of plot so long as it delivers on the main focus: the action. But parading it around as some sort of masterpiece would be like doing the same for Kotetsushin Jeeg. And I like that OVA.
>>
>>14279216
>mario shitposts after a long day of NEET
Cute!
>>
>>14279196
>>14279228
>an anon presents a concise and well written critic of getter
>instead of replying with a counterargument you just call him a spic
Your posts sum up perfectly what's wrong with the getter fanbase
>>
>>14279188
>>14279216
Great, it is the retarded /lit/ reject. Go and jerk yourself off over your truly enlightened opinions on the only truly good, artistique /m/ works like LoGH elsewhere.
>>
File: emperor.png (1 MB, 2044x1464) Image search: [Google]
emperor.png
1 MB, 2044x1464
Remember to pray daily to Getter Emperor for him to kill the shitposter(s).
>>
>>14279188
>>14279216
Except of course for the parts where you completely ignored many, many things. But let's ignore those, otherwise you'll look bad.
>>
>>14279252
Except it's not concise and well written at all. You can do what he did to literally any story.
>>
>>14279252
He's probably false flagging.

>>14279196
>>14279228
>>14279207
>Mario
Am I a spic or a guido? Make up your mind
>>
>>14279279
All I'm saying is that some things try to be meaningful commentary on the human existence, while others are about how robots punch things. I guess I have been wording this wrong, because you're right, one isn't inherently better than the other.

>>14279290
I ignored those things because they were irrelevant to the plot.
>>
>>14279319
Getter is both, that is factually incorrect, now stop wasting time shitposting and do something productive with your life for once.
>>
>>14279252
>>14279303
>>14279319
>mario getting frustrated and continuously posting about it when no one responds in earnest
Cute!
>mario getting mad that we know he's italian and still call him spic
Cute!!
>>
>>14279342
Getter does not spend a significant amount of time exploring what Getter Rays mean for humanity. It did so more often as the manga progressed, but I don't think Ishikawa managed to say anything truly interesting or meaningful before he died. More likely, he just thought it was a cool element to add to his story, and there's nothing wrong with that. But we'll never know.

I suggest you take your own advice.
>>
>>14279352
Get fucked shitposter, you're the reason we can't have nice threads anymore
>>
File: it belongs to demons.jpg (283 KB, 998x730) Image search: [Google]
it belongs to demons.jpg
283 KB, 998x730
>>14279290
Yeah, he really should have mentioned that Earth belongs to demons.

>>14279252
This guy gets it.
>>
>>14279362
>>14279378
>>14279405
>he's still going
Cute!
>>
>>14279418
---------- >>14279378
>>
>>14279456
>that usage of arrows
Cute!
>>
>>14279362
It did, and you think incorrectly. I'm not going around acting as some fedora tipping holier than thou comic book critic, so you are the one who severely needs the advice in this case.

>>14279405
Fuck off xpearse.

>>14279378
No, that would be because of people like >>14279405
>>14279188
>>
>>14279281

I would not be surprised if you really would do that. The refusal of any sort of criticism is already pretty close to a religion.
>>
>>14283491
Fuck you. Your faggot shitposting is not criticism. None of you cocksuckers ever say anything about WHY you think Getter is shit. Just an endless stream of "spic getterfag spic mario spic pablo spic spic spic". Please do /m/ a favor and blow your brains out, you fucking subhuman.
>>
>>14283529
Stop trying to falseflag because no one is biting your bait.
>>
>>14283491
Says the man who refuses any sort of criticism of the works he likes.
>>
>>14283529

I saw quite a few explanations before here in this same thread, but as the good religious fanatics you guys are, you probably conveniently ignored logical arguments who could get in the way of your blind faith in Ishikawa. The same sort of behavior that brought the shitposting to the Getter fanbase in the first place. You guys are the main ones responsibles for your own problems. It's possible some innocents got caught in the middle, but you ruined it for everyone. Good job!
>>
>>14283593
>You guys are the main ones responsibles for your own problems
No we are not! It's the spic! He's the one who's doing all of this! HE ACTUALLY EXISTS AND HE'S OUT THERE TO GET US!
>>
>>14283593
There are no "logical" arguments in this thread, just people saying
>thing is this way because I say it is
and don't even try to delude yourself into thinking otherwise.
>>
>>14283593
Oh yes, because people care about the irrelevant image of a fanbase on a board for discussing cartoons and comics with robots and men in suits
>>
>>14283593
>>14283618
Don't reply to yourself. It's bad form.
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 768x1024
>>14283664

Bad form of what?
>>
>>14284210
Phone screenshot is a very bad idea. Also, why do you waste your time mindlessly shitposting about cartoons/comics and their fanbases?
>>
>>14284229

To relieve stress of daily life with harmless fun.
>>
>>14284373
Fair enough.
>>
>>14279188
Who here thinks this counts as a good critique? I'm legitimately curious.
>>
>>14285158

I think it has a lot of good points.
>>
>>14284373
That is understandable, I shitpost the Kuromukuro threads every once in a while. Good show but man getting people upset just relieves so much.

Yes I am one of those shitposters, usually I just get the ball rolling and people just pick it up.
>>
>>14285161
Like what?
>>
this is the reason mexico and italy starts world war 3
>>
>>14284210
nice photoshop spic faggot
>>
>>14285182
Don't worry the wall will stop the invasion from the spics.
>>
>>14285189

I wish I had any talent with photoshop, would help a lot in my job. But well, I guess I can do that on paint. Even if it's not the case.
>>
>>14273589
It was Metal as fuck.
>>
>>14285171
Really? Is causing so much havoc and hampering discussion really that gratifying to you? I just can't understand the mindset, though I suppose /m/ partly brings it upon itself by always taking the bait every time. Whenever I make idiotic posts, the only response I'm looking for is to make people laugh.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.