[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Thunderbolt is only 4 episodes long So wait, is this seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: SANDAHBORUTO.png (655 KB, 1139x577) Image search: [Google]
SANDAHBORUTO.png
655 KB, 1139x577
>Thunderbolt is only 4 episodes long
So wait, is this seriously how it's going to end? I know the manga goes on past this, but did they just say fuck it to animating the ending?
>>
>>14258543
your question assumes they ever had an intention of animating more than that
>>
>>14258547

Im really getting tired of Japan's "GO READ THE MANGA/LIGHT NOVEL" approach to adaptations.

Be like if they just Fellowship then said fuck it read the books. At least end on a decent spot if you're not gonna go all the way
>>
>>14258561
Read the mangoo you lazy fuck.
>>
They'll wait and check out the model sales, and if it works, they'll do another run. They do this all of the time, the merch justifies the animation budgets.

It likely only ever got greenlight because of the HG sales, so they do a reboot of them and some MG kits, and then they'll just keep going till the money fades and they need something new.
>>
>>14258561
That's because most adaptations are sponsored by the publishers who want to hook you into buying the volumes. These OVA were just an advertisement for the manga series just like any adaptation but with the added benefit of a gunpla line.

Also, they can't animate it to the end yet as thunderbolt is still ongoing. This was actually a good place to leave off.
>>
>>14258594
I'll admit, I wasn't aware Thunderbolt was still going on.
I thought the part where Io kills a bunch of Zeeks in the nude was coming soon and was near the end of the manga. Shows what I know.
>>
>>14258594

I understand the reasons just fine. I just don't always like it.
>>
>>14258594
I agree it is a good place to stop.
It's a better ending than the A Baoa Qu segment.

And I don't think we're getting second arc. Too much new stuff introduced and necessary information that isn't as easy to tell with small time as an OYW story is.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (182 KB, 938x558) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
182 KB, 938x558
>>14258543
Do Penn and Teller watch Gundam-Jazz?
>>
I heard the Thunderbolt film is going to add more footage. Should I wait until it's out to watch?
>>
>>14258561
>Be like if they just Fellowship then said fuck it read the books. At least end on a decent spot if you're not gonna go all the way
That's an awful example since nothing gets solved in Fellowship of the ring.
>>
Someone give a good reason why Sunrise chose Thunderbolt of all things to adapt
>>
>>14261104
One Year War cash-in.
>>
>>14261108
It had an existing toy line too.
>>
>>14261104
Mostly action, hardly any talking, popular and currently running.
>>
>>14261104
>>14261115
>>14261108

All that jazz.
>>
>>14261104
-most sold Gundam manga ever
-popular with 30-40 years old gunota, guaranteed sales
-OYW, again, guaranteed sales
-Previous HG line sold well enough so they didn't even bother making new models while it aired
-Zaku VS Gundam
>>
>>14261277
Sold even more than The Origin?

Damn.
>>
>>14261072
Each episode is 15 minutes (17 counting the ending creedits) so it won't take much time to watch.
I think it is worth it. I doubt the movie will add anything major anyway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.