[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trasnformers: The Last Knight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 16
File: lastknight.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lastknight.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
Teaser trailer or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZIMGzQ1Pc
>>
Why is the logo so different this time?
>>
>>14240294
they departed from the original font , this one looks silly to me
>>
>>14240279
Looks like Optimus' face has more greeble than Cybertron itself.
>>
MUAHAHAHA! I'VE TURNED YOUR FACE INTO A GIGANTIC PUSSY! NOW I CAN DESTROY THIS PLANET!
>DAMN YOU MEGATRON!
>>
Why do these movies continue to profit? Why does the American public continue to have such shit taste in mecha design and action scene choreography?
>>
>>14240279
Mouth vagina
>>
>>14240279

>The Last Knight of Cybertron is not alone
>>
Bruticus when
>>
Should've been called the Black_Knight
>>
File: 1459266066167.jpg (66 KB, 452x504) Image search: [Google]
1459266066167.jpg
66 KB, 452x504
>>14240279
Please no more.
>>
What new racist stereotype Autobot will we get this time?
>>
>>14240279
>Another fucking Transformers movie
I thought it was dead
>>
>>14240469
We had black, and that one died in the same movie he appeared in. Then we had the two Chinese ones for a couple movies. So I guess either Irish/Scottish or Mexican.
>>
>>14240517
I thought we already had both of those.
>>
>>14240279
this is fake, right?

last teaser trailer was showing TRANSFORMERS ON THE FUCKING MOOOOOOON, and this is just fade ins of some wrong looking logos, this is completely made up right
>>
>>14240526
To be honest desu family sempai-llama-sama-o-tachi, I only watched the first three movies so I have no idea who're in the newest two... Three? Were there six movies total or five now? I honestly don't know. I just assumed the Chinese ones stuck around for longer then the two they were in since, well, they didn't die in either of those. Maybe a Rastafarian complete with robo dreadlocks and everything?
>>
>>14240560
ey mon dat's not a bad idea
>>
File: optimuscrime.webm (2 MB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
optimuscrime.webm
2 MB, 960x400
Will Optimus be a crazy sociopath in this too?
>>
>Another Michael Bay Transformers film

How has he not killed himself in one of his own explosions yet?
>>
>>14240620
He speaks the language of explosions. They would never harm him.
>>
>>14240540
The "now in productions" teasers are getting pretty popular. They released one for Trainspotting 2 today too.
>>
>>14240622
He's of House Targaryen.
>>
File: molly bair.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
molly bair.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
>>14240588

>kills Prime's best friend without a second thought
>was going to wipe out an entire planet for "the greater good" and other assorted weak reasons
>Optimus is the sociopath for putting down a mad dog with dementia
>>
>>14240319
the children don't care
robots
explosions
>>
>>14240560
energanja
>>
>>14240319
After all the people telling me they actually cared about the fact Megan Fox wasnt on the third one (back when it premiered) I'd say that people don't fully care about mecha design or action scene choreography that much.
>>
>>14240488
They announced like 8 more movies and a shared universe. The good part is that Bay wont be on all of them.

>>14240588
Crazy Sociopath Optimus is arguably one of the best things about this franchise. Only tsundere Optimus in the third one comes close.
>>
>>14240905
Then why go watch it? The riveting "story"? The nostalgia factor, which doesn't make any sense because the characters aren't remotely similar to how they were anywhere else?

If it doesn't work as a dumb popcorn flick, what does it work as? Or is it just the meme factor that keeps people coming back?
>>
>>14240937
>Then why go watch it?
Boredom is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>14240937
>If it doesn't work as a dumb popcorn flick
It objectively does. You literally explained it's dumb.
>>
>>14240963
But it doesn't, because of
>shit action choreography
>shit mecha design
and also
>shit framing
>>
>>14240997
The issue is that you're judging the quality of the movies while saying they dont work comercially.
Quality and comercial sucess are different, unrelated things.
They objectively work as commercial movies because they sell, which happens because people like them, which either implies they dont care about those indicators you point out (choreography, design, framing) or consider them good(regardless of whether they actually are).
>>
>>14241025
I started this conversation saying that these movies were successful (>>14240319)
and asking why they continue to be as such

There's been so much lambasting of these movies both on and off the internet that I'd be surprised to find anyone that doesn't know better, but then, these movies don't seem to have any sort of "so bad it's good" ironic appeal to them either.

As far as I can tell, the only reason people still watch these movies aside from >>14240952 is because their badness had become such a meme that even normal, non-4chan users will go to watch it just so they can gleefully shitpost about it on Facebook later
>>
>>14240319
Choreography is all it has going for it. Likewise with camera work.

Honestly I'd take the twisting and panning shots of Bay's movies than shaky cam any day.
>>
>>14241160
>I started this conversation saying that these movies were successful (>>14240319)
and asking why they continue to be as such
yes, and we replied

>There's been so much lambasting of these movies both on and off the internet that I'd be surprised to find anyone that doesn't know better, but then, these movies don't seem to have any sort of "so bad it's good" ironic appeal to them either.
You havent looked in the right places, of course people with minimum criteria or transformers fans will hate them, but there's many people that liked them among the normie crowd. The thing is that people isnt as vocal for the things they like than for the things they hate.
>>
>>14240997
>shit action choreography
>shit mecha design
You realize your average cinema goer doesn't know that? The standardized Movie watching American doesn't know the difference between good choreography and bad.

"Are things moving on screen? Are there bright lights and loud noises? If so, then it must be good!" - Average American.
>>
This is obviously not the next movie.
>>
>>14241209
>>14240319
>muh americans
>also not knowing about international box office
Back to youtube comments you go.
>>
>>14241196
Don't the Bay movies use shaky cam?

And I'm surprised you can even tell what's going on with how busy the designs are. When I see footage of these films, I see metallic chunks colliding with other metallic chunks, but fuck me if i can tell what goes where or whether those are arms or who that belonged to
>>
>>14241231
I can only ever partially see where you people are coming from. It's not that hard to discern what's happening. I say this as someone who decided to watch them all last year.
>>
Is Mark Wahlberg coming back?
>>
>>14241317
VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS BEWARE
>>
So how would you rate the Bayformers movies /m/?

1 > 3 > shit > 4 > 2

Despite it's flaws, I still think the first one was a decent enough movie.
>>
>>14241328

The first movie was fucking terrible, and a complete slap in the face to actual Transformer fans.

It's still the least offensive of the bunch though.
>>
>>14241328
The first Transformers movie is the least offensive.

Age of Extinction was the only other tolerable one, in my opinion.
>>
>>14241328
1 was on the juvenile side but I could forgive it because of all the military action it had (showing how the humans weren't completely helpless in the face of the giant robots).

2 was complete trash, I probably couldn't find any part of it that I'm unable to talk shit about.

3 was okay-ish, stupid but not overly offensive in most categories. It felt sort of like an apology for 2 that didn't quite go all the way.

4 I'm kind of okay with partly because of the G1 Optimus throwback in the beginning, even if the plot was trash. Ditching Shia Lebouf I'm also pretty happy about.

Overall I don't like any of them for what they did to the Transformers franchise though.
>>
>>14240919
>Crazy Sociopath Optimus is arguably one of the best things about this franchise

Indeed.

>tfw he goes fuck it and blows Kelsey Grammer the fuck away.

Rivaled only with Optimus literally jumping off planet Earth.

I hope this movie is just him killing his "God/s"

>>14240997
>>shit action choreography
I'll disagree with this, but
>>shit framing
is bang on and makes the choreography seem weak. Problem with Bay is that he doesn't establish his shots sufficiently and instead of using the camera as an observer,he leads way to much.
>>
>>14241328
4 > 1 > 2 > 3

3 has some stand-out sequences, like Ironhide getting punk'd and Optimus getting his vengeance, but it fucking sucks on the whole.
>>
>>14241839
Despite how shit the franchise is, I too appreciate the 4th one most for being a little more about the robots and having no Shia Labeouf.
>>
>>14241906
>a little more
That 3% more made a surprising difference.
;_;
>>
>>14241160
>>14241196
>>14241231
Bay does have a style of his own for camera work. A lot of bottom-up angles add some grandeur; moving dutch angles (usually something jarring, but his are moving), horizontal slow panning, even if nothing is really happening, makes it seems like things are moving; and the guy never really does shaky cam. His Transformers can start to get incomprehensible (just by existing), but the camera isn't what makes it confusing. Also lamp posts. Most of his hands on camera work is for Transformers. Most of his namesake is producing over directing. I really only like Bad Boys though. Part of me appreciates his horrible over-designs coming to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpo2xa8q5eQ
>>
File: tf3-optimus-prime1.jpg (294 KB, 1792x747) Image search: [Google]
tf3-optimus-prime1.jpg
294 KB, 1792x747
I unironically like the design of the Bayformers themselves up until the 4th movie.
The sound direction and visuals are neato. It's just so cool with all those clanks and whirs when they transform. The soundtrack is good as well.

Then Shia and his angsty drama needs to take up screentime, as do normal Bay dick jokes.
>>
>>14241839
>>4 > 1 >3 >2
Fixed that for you. 2 should never be ahead of anything.
>>
>>14241965
Eh, I coulda put it an equality for 2 and 3 really. I enjoyed the middle east sequences enough though. Also, the sequence where those worms re-initiated Megatron was pretty neat, as was the flashback stuff.

Really, the only thing that mattered in that ranking was 4 > all.
>>
>>14241965
Not him, but I literally (in the literal sense of the word) fell asleep halfway through watching 3. On the other hand, despite being awake, I still can't remember 95% of 2's plot.

So they're pretty equally terrible to me.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (470 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
470 KB, 1920x1200
>people liking 4 the best
I don't understand. It hyped up the dinos but they only were there for all of 10 minutes. Nothing really happened either.
The mass produced transformers are gay as fuck.
Optimus's new design is gay as fuck.
>>
>>14241996
Still better than 2 or 3.

I have no idea how anyone can claim it was better than 1, though.
>>
>>14241996
The human characters in 4 were a lot more tolerable than the previous films.

At the least, Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci.
>>
>>14240279
Why do they keep pushing this knight shit so hard? It's so out of place.
>>
>>14242002
Personally, I just kind of hate the first one. Not as much as 2, but It just sorta feels weird to me. I can't really explain it.
>>
>>14242026
It was an arc in the comics or some shit.
>>
They HAVE to be working toward Unicron, right? If they haven't done Unicron by the end of this next trilogy, I'll be pissed.
>>
>>14242026
Dark souls duh.
>>
>>14242054
As much as I'd love to see Unicron, I'm sure Bay would find some way to fuck it up. Remember how Fox turned Galactus into a giant cloud? Expect something like that.
>>
>>14242048
You mean the Knights of Cybertron? That's just an excuse by Roberts to have hus cast of snarky gay robots go on 'quirky' space adventures.
>>
I wish Shia was still in these movies.

>Optimus starts getting beat up
>Way off on the distance, a noise is heard
>Optimus cannot perceive its content, but it gives him the courage to finish the fight
>Later, he plays back the noise he heard earlier
>"JUST DO IT"
>>
>>14240279

Why did they make a video for this? Is this some new type of marketing strategy? Do millennials really for this stuff?
>>
>>14242145
Looks fanmade desu senpai
>>
>>14241726
>>14241489
>>14241476
>>14241328
>1
>remotely good or better than the others
4 > 2 = 3 > 1
>>
>>14240319
>Why does the American public continue to have such shit taste
T4 did the lowest domestically of any Transformers film but it exploded in China hence why T4 was shot mostly there which helped elevate it considerably to become the highest grossing Transformers film worldwide so blame the Chinks shit taste
>>
>>14242208
Nah, it's real. I know some other movie also made a teaser to announce production was starting. I guess next year we'll have teasers to announce the date of the production teaser. The hype must flow.
>>
File: Screenshot_86.jpg (31 KB, 381x184) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_86.jpg
31 KB, 381x184
>>14240279
even looking at preview makes my eyes bleed.
>>
>>14242145
>millennials
Nigga you're probably a millennial
>>
>>14240294
To make normies think it'll be different this time so they'll go see it.
>>
>>14240279
The font makes it look like some kind of fan project, that sword just seals that deal.
>>
>>14240319
They don't give a shit about the robots but the human characters.
>>
>>14240919
>They announced like 8 more movies
I don't even know how many movies there are now.

>and a shared universe.
So does this mean we're going to get spin off movies not about Prime and his buddies?
>>
>>14242439
But the human characters in these movies are generally shit.
>>
>>14241726
>showing how the humans weren't completely helpless in the face of the giant robots

I hated that shit, humans should have been totally helpless, and don't even get me started on that guy who's been built up as just trying to survive to get home to see his newborn child for the FIRST time sliding into an area he knows is going to get hit by an air strike just to shoot a robot in the dick.
>>
>>14242145
If you were alive to see any year that starts with a two and has four digits you're a millennial.
>>
>>14242447
>I don't even know how many movies there are now.

This will be the fifth movie.

>So does this mean we're going to get spin off movies not about Prime and his buddies?

Supposedly there's a solo Bumblebee movie planned. Because the Autobot who talks entirely in audio clips is obviously someone who can carry a movie on his own. right?

Sigh, the sad thing is that they could actually make a standalone movie starring the Dinobots. They even left a plot hook open for them at the end of TF4, with them running off into the Chinese wilderness. And besides, who wouldn't want to see a movie where Robot Dinosaurs kick ass for 2 hours? Of course that makes sense, so they'll probably never do it.
>>
>>14240279
So is that Nemesis Prime? And "Last Knight" Star Saber maybe???
>>
>>14242750
>Star Saber
>yfw it's IDW religious fanatic villain Star Saber
>>
>>14242784
>IDW religious fanatic villain Star Saber

I've heard people speak of this before but do not know the details. Please elaborate.
>>
>>14242830
Pretty much that. He also stabbed Dai Atlas through the spark because of MUH RELIGION
>>
>>14242427
Normies don't need promises of change, they flock to these things anyway.
>>
>>14241160
Talk to more people or just go browse more sites. I've seen and discussed stuff with several of people both on and offline who legit enjoy the fuck out of these movies, and are convinced that they're examples of good filmmaking.

Granted, most of them were clueless retards and probably kids, and they always seemed to resort to the same assortment of "arguments" when I attempted to explain my criticism of the movies. You know, arguments like:
>lol, it's just a fun movie based on some old comic or something :D
>you are just nitpicking, you must hate fun! I bet you only like Bela Tarr films! XD
But these people are way more numerous than you seem to realize. They either don't care about robot design, choreography, writing, or any of the other stuff you mentioned, or outright think that the movies do all these things right.

tl;dr: the intended audience, normies, plebs and whatever else you may wanna call them, love these movies and don't care for your criticism.
>>
>>14241328
Either 1>4>2>3 or 4>1>2>3
The third movie is such a waste of time.
>>
>>14241328
>So how would you rate the Bayformers movies /m/?
4 > 2 > 3 > 1
>>
>purple eyes on Prime
Dark Energon? What if Optimus actually gets corrupted and turns evil?
>>
>>14242886
But if these plebs don't consider Transformers movies to be bad, then what the fuck do they consider to be a bad movie?
>>
>>14243100
BvS
>>
>>14243100
Movies that aren't a barrage of explosion-fueled CGI clustefuck, "hot" actors/actresses and shitty one-liners that a kid could come up with?
>>
>>14240279
holy fuck this looks absolute shit
>>
>>14240279
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
>>
I heard there making bumble bee solo movie i hope spielberg directs it but i highly doubt he wants to
>>
jesus christ i know it's going to be shit but i can't help feeling a little bit excited. the new logo looks kinda cartoony i wonder why bay approve of it
>>
Are you guys ready for transformer/hasbro cinematic universe?
i can't help to be excited but i know it's going to be shit and pretty fooling myself
>>
>>14243216
They better give him a voice again if they want to pull that off.
>>
>>14241211
is this optimus's spin off movie?
>>
>>14241915
i really hate his camera works. they don't look cool at all
>>
>>14242451
I feel the same. it really overshadowed the autobots made me angry. i do like it when the military starts to kick alien butts but not in transformers movies
>>
>>14243249
It's gearing up for the eventual GI Joe crossover
>>
>>14241476
for how the plot progress it was alright
>>
>>14242264
>>14241476
4 was complete in how the plot progress it felt sometimes too inconsistent too chaotic but it had some cool moments and neat ideas but it didn't panned out that well. well at least we didn't get the military saves the day i thought there's going to be scene where chinese military is going to kil some decepticon i'm glad it didn't have that. as much bad scene looked when marky tries to help optimus i liked it better than sam effortlessly killing megatron
>>
>>14241996
it's has some coolest moments man dinobot charge and fucking no american military and marky mark being sort of useful in combat but honestly i don't think it's that good neither
>>
>>14242128
kinda wished shia had space gun or a giant mecha suit
>>
>>14242450
there bunch all of sterotypical caricature
>>
>>14243235
Nah, a clever writer could do some really really fun stuff with a dude that speaks exclusively in song lyrics and radio advertisements.

Plebs will eat it up. I might even if it's well done.
>>
>>14243235
funny the dude who voiced him by end of first film voiced lockdown on 4
>>
>>14243255
it's already a g.i. joe movie to be honest
>>
>>14241328
shit > that 80s cartoon > 1 > hot explosive diarrhea > 2 >>>>>>>>>>> stains on toilet paper>>>> 3 >>>>>>> dinosaur taking a dump >>>>> 4
>>
>>14243259
I agree. Of the movies, the first one's plot is most what I would want from a Transformers story.

>Boy gets car
>Car is robot
>Meet Optimus and Autobots
>Find out about Decepticons
>Autobots and Decepticons fight it out

At the base level, the first movie did that. It just needed to do it better, and actually develop the Transformers as characters you care about and not just "oh these are the robots that shoot each other, now lets focus on the humans instead". The best example is when Jazz dies in the first movie. Did anyone care? No. Because he had no character development.
>>
>>@14243296
What an oh so clever post!
>>
>>14243308
>The best example is when Jazz dies in the first movie
literally who?
>>
>>14243308
I usually hate tie-in vidya, but the one for the first Transformers was really good.
>>
>>14243314
exactly
>>
>>14243296
Objectively wrong. Stains on toilet paper is WAY better than shit and hot explosive diarrhea.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 1008x672
>post yfw The Last Knight does better than Justice League
>>
File: Stop Invincible Slut.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Slut.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>14243339
>>
As shitty as it's probably going to be, it appeals to my hard on for knights and knight accessories. Who knows, we might even get the second coming of ROTF Leader Optimus. Unlikely, but a man can dream.
>>
>>14243308
honestly the scriptwriters just wanted some autobot to died
>>
>>14243316
The first movie game was a buggy, unfinished mess. They improved notably when High Moon was brought on. Dark of the Moon was fairly decent.
>>
>>14243640
the second game wasn't half bad but third one had better campaign
>>
>terrible stereotypes
>retarded fart jokes etc
>cunt kids

MICHAEL BAY'S GOLDRAN WHEN
>>
>>14243683
Incidentally, Sasword just finished subbing that series (but won't put out the batch until tomorrow or the day after due to technical difficulties).
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=812685
>>
>>14243683
>fart jokes
That was only one episode and it actually wasn't much of a joke. It was more like a really strange plot device

Anyway, if Michael Bay would make his protagonist a moneygrubbing Jew like in Goldran, the movies would be much better
>>
>>14241328
1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3 and I haven't seen 4 because I've given up on this
>>
>>14240319
It's not America, but China that loves these movies because of their shit taste.
>>
>>14242830
Literal fanfic writer working on the comics.
>>
>>14243288
>lockdown
He's my favorite design in AoE
>transform into Lamborghini Aventador
>has gun-head mode
>that fucking hook
But I hate his bland color and ugly human face. That face reminds me of the Swamp Thing from an old TV series (if anyone ever remember that)
>>
is that the star wars font?
>>
Bay and Hack Snyder should swap franchises, it would be hilarious.
>>
>>14245037
No wonder they liked Pacific Rim enough to save it from flopping.
>>
>>14245907
>DC movies would stop trying to make people in underwear look anything other than retarded
>Transformers would focus more on the robots

win-win
>>
I know its more /tv/ discussions, but what do you guys think of Bay's Pain and Gain? Imo its pretty good
>>
Who's forcing Michael Bay to make all these films?
>>
>>14246262
dosh
>>
>>14246262
Michael Bay wants money.
Ever since the first one the studio decided "this was profitable, make more of the same" and Michael Bay being the biggest yesman happily obliged.
>>
>>14246262
The studio actually
>>
>>14245890
the dude who voiced him did a impressive job. i really like his performance
>>
>>14245921
>>Transformers would focus more on the robots
i find that hard to believe
>>
>>14245907
>Bay and Hack Snyde
That fact those two went to the same film school makes me thinking what are they teaching them?
>>
>>14247224
Snyder couldn't do all his grimdark, pretentious wanking over Bay's dumb human characters. Meanwhile, sociopath Optimus is right up his alley
>>
Why can't Bay just ditch this franchise and give it to someone else. Maybe that can give a possibility of it being decent. I don't think I'm ready for another Product Placementformers.
>>
>>14247412
Let me just go ahead and give up some easy money, that sounds like a good idea
>>
>>14247317
I still think it's going to have more human focus. it's fucking hollywood for god sake. i don't think the switch would make anything good
>>
>>14247412
I think it's more paramount doesn't want other director beside bay. kinda sad bayformers is a wasted potential
>>
>all this butthurt from tf genwunners
>>
>>14247442
>implying
I enjoyed every Transformers show I watched other than Beast Machines
Only haven't seen Unicron Trilogy. Movies are still shit because no effort was put into anything more important than making Megan Fox look pretty
>>
>>14241328
4 > 3 > Any Adam Sandler movie > 2 > feces > 1 > Tommy Wiseau's The Room > a mediocre movie > your average movie > good movie

I hate these bayformer movies with such a passion that it has retroactively made me hate the entire franchise.
>>
>>14247624
>> a mediocre movie > your average movie > good movie

You what?
>>
>>14247624
>a mediocre movie > your average movie > good movie
Anon, that's not how the > operator works.
>>
>>14247632
Im sorry, it's my day off, jsut woke up, forgot how to operator

just pretend they're reversed
>>
>>14247612
>I enjoyed every Transformers show
>Movies are still shit
So you just proved my point. Got it.
>>
>>14247635
Your point was that this all came from G1fags, which I just disproved. I'm too young to have even watched G1 as a kid
>>
>>14247635
What point? We're not allowed to dislike bad movies?
>>
>>14247663
>>14247669
My point is that only faggots from the tf-fanbase dislike the movies because not-muhcartoon or not-muhtoys.

I'm so glad that Micheal Bay is making more of these movies just so you autistic fucks can suffer even more.
>>
>>14247700
movies are shit cause designs are shit
it doesn't matter if someone watched cartoons/read comics or not.
>>
>>14247711
>movies are shit cause designs are shit
CGI > retarted blocky toys

Movie designs are so much better than your kiddy shit-boxes

>it doesn't matter if someone watched cartoons/read comics or not.
It does because that's where the whole amount of butthurt comes from.
>>
>>14247716
no wonder /m/ is shit if it has fags like you
>>
File: 1396842734255.png (55 KB, 278x274) Image search: [Google]
1396842734255.png
55 KB, 278x274
>>14247716
you are a negroid
>>
>>14247732
he's a /tv/ shitposter
>>
>>14247700
>My point is that only faggots from the tf-fanbase dislike the movies
But that's untrue.
>>
>>14240319
I know they're bad, but I still go to see them just because it's something mecha related.
>>
>>14247732
>>14247746
Glad you got triggered, you autistic manchilds. I'm just here enjoying you endless butthurt.
>>
So far, the most rage I've seen towards the Bay movies are arguably NOT Transformers fans. In fact, I'd say that the none Transformers fans who hate the movies have more disdain towards the Bay movie fans than the TF fans who hate the Bay films.

Spoony and Brad are in no way shape or form Transformers fans, yet they hate the Bay movies with a passion. James Rolfe is a Transformers fan but he doesn't hate the bay movies as much. (he doesn't like them and makes jokes about them, but he doesn't rage at them.)
>>
>>14248866
>I'd say that the none Transformers fans who hate the movies have more disdain towards the Bay movie fans than the TF fans who hate the Bay films.
Go to a TF thread on /toy/ and say that the movie designs are good. Or go to a TF thread on /co/ and say the movies are good.
You'll see how triggered those guys get.
>>
>>14247700
Dude, we don't like them because they're not even bad in a fun way (like most Transformers shows). They've passed the stupidity event horizon.

If it were a Scotsman argument, you'd expect some folks to be pissed at other shows as well given how much Transformers has changed over time. But some of us can say we liked Beast Wars and Car Robots in the same breath
>>
>>14249023
>TF movies are bad
See, this is how you spot a butthurt tf fan. If they're so bad, why do they keep selling so much?
Stop having your head up on your ass and face reality: your shitty box toys suck.
>>
>>14249036
>If they're so bad, why do they keep selling so much?

We already had this discussion ITT you mongoloid. >>14240319
>>
>>14249055
Nice way of avoiding the question shitlord.
Here, I'll answer it myself: Because nobody cares about TF-manchilds and their loud whining. The movies are good and the sales prove it.
>>
>>14249081
Have you seriously convinced yourself that nobody who has never seen a Transformers cartoon thinks the live action movies are bad?
>>
File: 1460325062825.png (429 KB, 1338x1156) Image search: [Google]
1460325062825.png
429 KB, 1338x1156
>>14249081
>Not reading the thread
>Sales=quality
>Manchild
>Hating on normal Transformer design despite its usual resemblance to most /m/ designs
>Bay movies are good because I say so

Most blatant shitposting I've ever seen.
>>
>>14249011
>Go to a TF thread on /toy/ and say that the movie designs are good.

Huh? /toy/ pretty much loves the toys during the ROTF era. It's considered a Golden Age of TF toy design now, especially when compared to the cost cutting, simple transformations, and cheap, hollow plastic of the current crop of toys.
>>
>>14249088
>Have you seriously convinced yourself that nobody who has never seen a Transformers cartoon thinks the live action movies are bad?
The numbers are there faggot. If non-TF fans would hate it as much as TF fans then they wouldn't be as succesful as they are.

>>14249102
>>Not reading the thread
I did, it's full of butthurt TF manchilds like yourself

>>Sales=quality
Sales do equal normie reception, and according to numbers they're good for everyone except butthurt TF fags.

>>Manchild
Glad to know you are coming to terms with what you are

>>Hating on normal Transformer design despite its usual resemblance to most /m/ designs
They're ugly PoS boxes with colours, the movies did a great job turning them into something that can actually be a bio-mechanical alien.

>>Bay movies are good because I say so
It's not me, it's the numbers that say so.

>Most blatant shitposting I've ever seen.
>says the butthurt TF fag
Oh yes, your tears are delicious.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (81 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
81 KB, 720x960
>>14242456
>If you were alive to see any year that starts with a two and has four digits you're a millennial.

My grandpa is a millennial?
>>
>>14249118
>/toy/ pretty much loves the toys during the ROTF era
Oh yes, they loved how they turned their precious PoS green box into something actually menacing, sure.
>>
File: ROTF_Rotten_tomatoes.png (281 KB, 762x377) Image search: [Google]
ROTF_Rotten_tomatoes.png
281 KB, 762x377
>>14249081
>The movies are good

This bait is just so weak.
>>
>>14246262

The studio execs. Whether you personally like the films or not, enough people like the franchise enough to pay money to see the films in theatres which prompts the big wigs to keep making sequels. Bay, as a director isn't going to say "No" if they keep throwing money at him.
>>
>>14249135

It does well the same way an Adam Sandler movie does well. Nobody (TF fans and otherwise, critics and general audiences) likes the movies at all, yet they make bank. That's reality.
>>
>>14249135
>rotten tomatoes
HAHAHAHAHAHA
TFfags are really hilarious!
>>
>>14249081
"good" and "entertaining" are two entirely different things, faggot. Most people just go for the spectacle; just to see shit get blown up. They couldn't give two fucks about the actual quality.
>>
>>14249279
But they have qualtiy, they have fuck huge giant alien robots fighting eachother. TF fags are just butthurt that it's not 100% acurate to their shit cartoon, that's why they hate the movies.
>>
File: You said it brother.jpg (70 KB, 932x632) Image search: [Google]
You said it brother.jpg
70 KB, 932x632
>>14249169
Do you seriously think anyone here cares about Transformers enough to be upset about what the movies mean for the franchise?

Listen, you're on /m/. The giant robot board? We've seen dozens of mecha shows, and to us, Transformers is just another of the many blatant toy commercials we wade through every time we open Media Player Classic. You'll almost never see it on a top 10 list. I've certainly never seen anyone recommend it to a newfag. And that's because none of the shows are particularly outstanding.

It also works the other way. We know a shit movie when we see one. We've seen plenty. And it just so happens that Bay's movies have almost every ingredient of a shit mecha movie as has been discussed ITT. All the reasons we've given have nothing to do with the rest of the Transformers franchise. But it's not like you care since you're too busy laughing at how upset you think we are at your pathetically weak bait like the underageb& kid you almost certainly are
>>
>>14247221
It's the same guy that voiced Jetfire and Bumblebee.
>>
>>14249289
That's why hundreds of actual, credible film reviewers who could care less and jock jack shit about the history of Transformers hate them too, right?

Jesus Christ, what are you, like 13?
>>
>>14249314
>film critic: hurr durr this movie bad not muhtoys
>movies are comercially succesful
Yeah I guess you're right, film critics actually represent people in its entirety.
>>
>>14249366
Literally ask anyone on the street. They will tell you these movies are shit.

Oh wait, you never go outside.
>>
>>14249420
I've talked to irl people that like them

It's basically like when you put on the They Live glasses.
>>
>>14249420
>Oh wait, you never go outside.
>Says the TF fag
Oh the irony.

If you actually went outside, you'd know most people are like this >>14249435
>>
>>14249135
Am I the only one that liked ROTF?
>>
>>14249435
Pretty much the only compliment I've heard any normie give these movies after the first was when a lesbian told me Megan Fox is hot.
>>
>>14249127
Poor little child. You aren't smart enough to comprehend tge fact that you have misspelled your entire sentence. If anyone us worse or lower than humans that would be you and your failed attempt at Grammar and sarcasm. Yiu insolent fool. What kind of being are you to even be making yourself look" cool" when in reality you are scared and are quivering because you aren't able to even shut anyone up. The most possible logic i have is this. You never put others down which made you a pathetic low scum, when you're a pathetic scum you have no friends or girlfriend and when that happens you resort to last thing you call "hope" it really is humorous.
>>
>>14249633
>y-you spelled e-everything wrong!
hahahahaha great counterargument pal
Are all TF fags as autistic as you? Probably yes.
>>
File: 1459226431396.gif (946 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1459226431396.gif
946 KB, 300x400
>>14249633
>>14249655
and people wonder why we don't have more transformers threads
>>
>>14249655
>being THIS new
>>
>>14249704
Because its fanbase is cancerous enough in /toy/ and /co/? Yeah I know.
>>
it's the same reason why ____ Movie were being made
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.