[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>psychic abilities Is there a concept more boring and overused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 19
File: Newtypeflashamuro3_zps3f6a0247.png (346 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Newtypeflashamuro3_zps3f6a0247.png
346 KB, 640x480
>psychic abilities

Is there a concept more boring and overused in /m/?
>>
>>14212436
giant robots
>>
>>14212436
The concept of a teenage boy who hops into a mech and is suddenly a good pilot
>>
>shitposting

Is there a concept more boring and overused on /m/?
>>
>>14212436

Hyper competent AI
>>
Psychic abilities have never been interesting.
>>
>>14212436
Pulling victory from defeat through sheer force of will
>>
>>14212451
How many series actually did this? I recall at the least that Amuro started off pretty bad.
>>
>>14212978
>Akira
>Scanners
>not interesting

Well, you're within your rights to be wrong here, so I can't fault you for that.
>>
>>14212999
I'm joking. Note how I used a picture of a series where all the combat is with psychic punchghosts.
>>
>>14213011
These days it's always tough to tell. Wouldn't be the first time have seen someone use a reaction without being aware of what it's actually from. Poe's Law is an absolute bitch around these parts.
>>
How the fuck do you fight against a new type?
He can predict all of your attacks and dodge them flawlessly.
>>
>>14213027
Not necessarily.
Just shoot the nigga good. Yazan did it.
>>
File: Yazan01.jpg (72 KB, 499x688) Image search: [Google]
Yazan01.jpg
72 KB, 499x688
>>14213027
Aggressive as fuck.
Hit 'em hard and fast and don't give them a window to react.
>>
>>14213027
>How the fuck do you fight against a new type?

Tactics, volume of fire, another Newtype.

Usso nearly got fucked by a squadron of rookies using his own insane disposable MS tactics, for example.

Just for the love of god don't bring an MA, you're going to eat a bag of Newtype dicks if you do.
>>
File: 1286230535684.jpg (178 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1286230535684.jpg
178 KB, 1440x810
>>14212995
>I recall at the least that Amuro started off pretty bad.

>jumps into robot
>read manual a little
>kills two trained soldiers within minutes
>pretty bad
>>
>>14212995
As far as Gundam goes, I can only think of Seabrook. The rest usually had some form of training or were carried by their overpowered MS when starting out.
>>
>>14213054

He was in a machine they literally couldn't damage
>>
>>14213054
He was reading the manual the entire fight, and only won because the Gundam was literally indestructible to the Zakus.
>>
>>14213054
This was literally only due to the Gundam's strength. The Zaku's 120mms couldn't penetrate its armor, and it was strong enough to break the other's face with a good yank. Had Amuro been in a Zaku under similar circumstances he'd have died when one of the scouting pair shot at his MS while it was still on the ground and he was still in it.
>>
>>14213065
>>14213067
>next couple of sorties
>fights droves of soldiers
>led by an ace
>kills them all while protecting the entire cast of useless characters that follow him through each level
>never mind that he can operate a highly sophisticated combat weapon from the get go
>it's just the machine!
>>
File: 1000082550_5[1].jpg (57 KB, 560x368) Image search: [Google]
1000082550_5[1].jpg
57 KB, 560x368
>>14213027
SUPER PILOT
>>
>>14213075
Yes.
>get go
Amuro was still regularly learning how to use the suit, training with it, etc and did not know all of its functions whilst still in space, and even on Earth.

>droves
What, like 2-3 man squadrons while in a suit that was still immune to their weaponry? And with the best Federation technology had to offer?
>>
>>14213077

By making them dumb while your theme song plays? I'm not sure that's a viable tactic for everyone. I'd rather look at Yazan or something.
>>
>>14213075
Char piloted circles around Amuro in their first encounter but had nothing that could hurt it. Not even kicking the thing did anything other than shock Amuro temporarily.

Also, the learning computer picked up a lot of slack until Amuro outgrew the Gundam.
>>
>>14213085
It worked for Basara.
>>
>>14213083
>>14213093
>show literally makes a point about Amuro being a prodigal pilot and that the Gundam alone couldn't have accounted for his feats

>delusionalfags on /m/: it was the Gundam!!1
>>
>>14213109
>Amuro
>a prodigal pilot

At no point did Tem Ray kill the fatted calf for him anon
>>
>>14213109
The show was also making a point about Amuro's development as a pilot and Newtype, but here's the (you) you wanted.
>>
>>14213109
That happened later on though.
Amuro starts shit, then later gets so good that the Gundam actually can't keep up.
>>
>>14213075
he fucks up quite bit like wasting all of his beam cannon shots and panics whenever he goes into combat
>>
>>14213054
>two trained soldiers

Who weren't expecting it.
Besides the fact the Gundam, as others have said, could tank Zaku fire, the two pilots had no knowledge of its offensive capabilities to really prepare themselves.
Gene was trained, but not exactly a particularly disciplined soldier. In fact, everything we see suggests he was still something of a rookie. He saw the Gundam missing wide with the vulcans and figured it had nothing else going for it, hence his moving in closer to try and point blank him. When Amuro started grappling, he clearly caught Gene off guard - hence Gene's comments about "I think this suit's scared of me!"

After that first throw, he was just straight up fleeing in terror. It didn't take much for Amuro to finish the job in that context.

As for Denim, he was rushing the Gundam in anger. Said anger clearly overriding common sense given he just saw what the beam saber could do.

What happened from there was the same mistake Gadem would later make - trying to engage a suit with a beam melee weapon in CQC. At that point, all Amuro had to do was aim his stab. Denim did the rest.
>>
>>14212436
Spotted the Anon born in the 80s and thus too young to remember when ESP was the fucking hotness.
>>
>>14213075
The Gundam's Luna Titanium armor, beam weaponry, and learning computer completely carried Amuro for a long time, until he got used to its abilities and limitations. There was practically nothing Char and his team could do to damage it, and with that beam rifle and beam sabers it was too damn dangerous to not play cautiously.

Once Amuro got to Earth and encountered stronger foes like Ramba Ral and the Black Tri-Stars, who could actually damage the Gundam, he started having trouble, but his skills kept improving. By the point of going back to space, his skills and Newtype twitch reactions had developed to the point of outclassing the Gundam, and it now needed to keep up with him. Even though he was still piloting a reasonably good suit, it was his skills by that point that carried him to victory.
>>
File: 1454827889124.jpg (88 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1454827889124.jpg
88 KB, 960x720
>>14213118
>>14213119
>>14213121
>it's not Amuro!
>it's the Gundam!!11
>meanwhile Chris, a trained pilot, gets in a superior Gundam and nearly loses to a single Zaku piloted by a rookie
>meanwhile Kou, a trained pilot, gets in a superior Gundam and can barely fly it through space and gets trounced by various pilots in inferior machines
>meanwhile Shiro, a veteran pilot in charge of a squad of Gundams who can kill Zakus in a ball, gets nearly killed by a single Gouf
>meanwhile Kamille, a seasons mobile suit pilot who won competitions as a kid, struggles against pilots in inferior machines
>you
>not delusional
>you
>not mad when someone expresses a different view based on evidence in the series
>you
>not claiming that I'm fishing for (You)s just because I'm challenging your flimsy and plain stupid views
Here's your (You), bitch.
>>
>>14213139
But anon I was just pointing out that Amuro isn't prodigal in any way

If anything his relationship with Tem Ray is more like that of the elder son, not the prodigal one
>>
>>14213139
To be fully fair, Kamille's experience was purely at the amateur level.
He had no real combat training.
In that regard, it's sort of akin to Hikaru in the first eps of Macross - in the context of a flying circus, he was a top-notch pilot, but that doesn't translate as well to dogfighting right out of the gate, so he still had to go through training proper to be worth a damn in combat.
>>
>>14213139
>>Chris
>simulator jockie
>kills a veteran pilot in a faster suit that was carrying enough weaponry to destroy half the city

Wew

>Kou
>entire plot of the episode was that the GP01 was literally incapable of flying in space because it wasn't configured for it
>still kill at least one veteran

>Shiro
>veteran
You fucking retard the Ground Gundams and GMs were the first MS the federation deployed. Shiro came from space, he didn't have ANY experience and he was a complete idiot to boot. Not even rookie Amuro would charge straight into fire from a Zaku machinegun using a Ball.

>Kamille
>everyone has beam weapons and similarly fast MS
>Mk-II has better generator output that has no real purpose in combat

Meanwhile Amuro has
>invincible armor
>zakus didn't even carry heat hawks as standard equipment
>learning computer that can learn on the fly and help the pilot that no other MC had
>a MS so powerful it was literally capable of tearing a Gouf's armor apart with its bare hands
>jumps so high that people in planes several km in the air thought the Gundam could fly
>>
>>14213139
>The Zaku had an abundant amount of prep time
>I don't remember Kou getting trounced by anyone who wasn't called Gato
>Those were more like GMs with a Gundams head screwed on
>Gundam MKII wasn't that great
Amuro still struggled a lot against pilots in slightly inferior machines. Chars Zaku was three times faster than the others, but still had the same fire power, and Amuro wasn't able to take him out. He never really beat Ramba Ral in a mobile suit battle either.
>>
>>14213181
>kills a veteran pilot in a faster suit that was carrying enough weaponry to destroy half the city
after literally standing there motionless while he wraps mines around her mobile suit and destroys her chobam armor.

Then she disobeys a direct order and goes chasing after the most obvious "chase me" attack ever, going into a forest with no support, limited weapons, and no chobam, and fires at every red-suited jolly elf she sees before letting her SUPER PROTOTYPE get wrecked by a half-dead ZAKU.
The only way you could even consider this a win is because she survived, but she sure as hell didn't walk the Alex back to the hangar. She got dragged out of it and carried to medical, and the Alex was too badly damaged to be any use to Amuro at A Baoa Qu.

Chris a shit.
A. SHIT.
>>
>>14213132
Wasn't there something about a computer also?
>>
>>14213195

The Treaty was signed at the of the show, only hours after she fought in the Alex. Amuro didn't get the Alex because the war was over before he could have regardless of damage. Even if it had been un-scratched it still would have been too late.

As is, the suit only really had light damage, because all it suffered was was a gash to the stomach, a missing arm gatling and the head being lopped off. Which is all superficial and could be fixed in a few days at most, probably less given how fast other suits are repaired throughout UC.

Chris herself suffered more damage than the suit.
>>
>>14213195
>>14213236
In Thunderbolt the battle continues afterwards, right? Do they ever mention Amuro after A Baoa Qu?
>>
>>14213195
At least Chris could cook for her self and could make a good hamburger when needed. Any other Pilots good their own damn food?
>>
>>14213187
Are you forgetting "In the middle of the fight, Ramba Ral forgot to fight?"
>>
>>14213181
>that was carrying enough weaponry to destroy half the city

Not at that point, he wasn't.
The entire reason he pulled the beam saber when he did was that he basically had nothing else left. He had blown through all of his weapons getting there and was counting on the chain mine to finish the job. When that didn't take, all that was left was the saber...and we all saw how that turned out.
>>
>>14213268
I believe I am forgetting it.
What was it?
>>
>>14213268
Different fight.
That line was after the Gouf was destroyed when he and his men tried to siege the White Base in hand to hand. It was in context of the fact he let his guard down because he recognized Artesia and Ryu shot him.

The line he used in the MS fight with Amuro was congratulating him but telling him he only won because he was in the Gundam.
>>
>>14213135
>but his skills kept improving. By the point of going back to space, his skills and Newtype twitch reactions had developed to the point of outclassing the Gundam, and it now needed to keep up with him.
It's a shame we really didn't get to see something like this again. The more suits advanced and the more newtype systems got thrown in them, the less skills were needed. Judau wasn't a top tier pilot but it didn't matter since he was behind the helm of the behemoth called the ZZ. Mid-season upgrades didn't help either. Really would like to see more suits pushed to their breaking points by a pilot far to good for them.
>>
>>14212447
/thread
>>
>>14212436
Idols.
>>
>>14213057
I'm willing to throw this under "engineering student" and "F91 pacing". During the time they spent assembling the F91, I would at least think Seabook got accustomed to the controls since they knew he was going to be the pilot.
>>
>>14213054
Amuro was already a tech wiz by then, plus his father worked on gundam.
It wouldn't be surprising that Amuro could've read through some of his father's development books and learned a bit about military hardware
>>
>>14212436
OP being a faggot.
>>
File: Kira-setsuna.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kira-setsuna.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>14213027
Be a Coordinator or Innovade
>>
>>14213932
I'm sure Kamille looked through his father's files, but I thought Amuro had been living alone on Side 7 and his dad the engineer was away from home, working on the Gundam.
>>
>>14214344
>>14213027
>not using a ZERO system attached to a Druid System in a machine powered by Getter Rays and Photonic energy
>>
>>14214351
Kamille stole files from his dad about the MkII and read up on it, both of his parents were in MS development and as shown he had easy access to the base on the colony so they must've taken him there often to see various MS, and in school built and piloted his own robots. Dude was the most well prepared to pilot shit of the UC TV protags.
>>
>>14214436
that much I know, but I'm pretty sure amuro was surprised when he came across the gundam's manual, so he probably didn't have any knowledge about it unless maybe origin changed it so amuro already knew about the gundam
>>
>>14214450
He certainly didn't in the original but that did have poor justification for him being able to pilot it iirc. Amuro worked on electronics (aka repaired toasters) so of course he's a natural with machines! Nevermind ones which are practically new to the world at large. Did he even go to school? Seemed like the type who just sat at home dicking around with Haro all the time.
>>
>>14213132
>>14213109
>>14212451
to be honest, I think Amuro is more respected for his character growth and becoming a genuine ace.

the early excuse is just something you have to bear with.
>>
>>14213027
>flawlessly

Not true, he can simply see it coming.

Just because you possess the ability to see a punch coming towards your face doesn't mean you have the reflexes to allow you to dodge it.
>>
>>14214796
>see a punch coming to hit you in 2 seconds
>duck
>then counter ezpz
>>
This conversation reminds me of a smaller one I started somewhere else with this question: Had the two met and fought in Solomon, who'd win: Amuro or Gato?
>>
>>14215605
Amuro. Duh. Gato was literally shot down by a nameless faceless GM. Amuro in the Gundam would have bent his Gelgoog over and anally DEVASTATED it.
>>
>>14215605
Depends on how impartial the writer and director are, if its Tomino. Gato is likely KIA. Takahashi, Furuhashi or Matsuo would have Gato win and Amuro withdraw saying some shit like "I can't beat his IDEALS! The true warrior spirit of Zeon."
>>
>>14215669

I know Amuro would win, but given that the RX-78-2 was failing him at the time of Solomon due to his Newtype powers, wouldn't Gato at least give a good account of himself by chopping off a limb before getting killed?
>>
>>14215840
Why do you think Gato would fair any better than Char?
>>
>>14214798

>See someone about to shoot you with a shotgun in 2 seconds
>nowhere to hide behind or dodge to

???
>>
>>14216021
Newtype energy shield.
>>
>>14214796
>Just because you possess the ability to see a punch coming towards your face doesn't mean you have the reflexes to allow you to dodge it.

Didn't one of the early King Gainer episodes state something exactly like that? Gainer was boxing with Gain and lost because even though he could see Gain's punches coming, he was still a skinny nerd versus an experienced, muscular fighter and his body simply couldn't react fast enough.

Feels like Tomino really likes to focus in his later works on how being a special snowflake doesn't mean you are automatically handed an easy win, and underestimating your opponents means you'll get wrecked hard.
>>
>>14215669
That GM pilot was

JOHN CENA
>>
>>14214798
Do you have the nerve to stop it? Most people don't. When confronted in a fight many people just freeze up like idiots because they don't know how to handle a situation.

The reason why Amuro is so spectacular in CCA isn't because of his newtype powers. Kamille and Judau were stronger newtypes who still had trouble against good pilots in tense situations. Amuro in CCA is an amazing pilot because he is a literal killing machine. He has no doubt or emotion behind it like Kamille and Judau do. The one time we saw Amuro get his nerves frayed was when Kayra was captured and he fucked up and got two fin funnels destroyed by fucking Gyunei, who's later killed like fodder and not even given final words.
>>
>>14216150
>[brass goes here]
>>
File: nemo.jpg (30 KB, 300x575) Image search: [Google]
nemo.jpg
30 KB, 300x575
>>14212436
>Is there a concept more boring and overused in /m/?
Obligatory "explode when so much as glanced at" suits?
>>
>>14216197
Fuck you. The Nemo was a decent grunt suit.
>>
>>14216216
>decent
Look we all know nameless grunts are going to be inevitably blown up, but is a "decent" suit really the best we can offer them? Should our standards not be somewhat higher? There's a lot of room between decent and expensive-overpowered-oneoff-prototypes and shit.
>>
>>14216242

When his visor makes him look like he's making a permanent "I'm sorry, was that my fault?" face, decent is the best I'd offer him. I'd give other grunts more than decent, but not Nemo.
>>
>>14216242
>>14216254
Hey, at least there was still enough of us to get killed in Torrington back in 0096!
>>
>>14212451
what if a boy has experience with using some kind of civilian version of this machine?
>>
>>14216242
I thought the Nemo was actually quite advanced for a grunt. It had gundarium, didn't it?
>>
>>14212436

Combining robots. They make no sense, and are inexcusably garbage in everything. Thanks a lot for that "contribution" to the genre, Getter.
>>
>>14216270
I'm not sure, but I don't think that would matter a whole lot once beam weapons became commonplace
>>
>>14216270
>>14216280
Nemos carried the same lighter weight material that GMs had. The only thing it had going for it was movable frame, which allowed it to be easier to maintain.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 325x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 325x184
>>14213139
Your examples are completly out of context though, anon. Amuro's first battle was literally the first mobile suit engagement, ever. The Zaku pilots had no idea what to do and couldn't even damage it. And even then Amuro still couldn't save his colony.

All your examples take place in the midst of the OYW. Those protagonists were fighting aces that were piloting ms superior to the Zaku's.

The fact that you are completly oblivious to Amuro's character development either means; you're shitposting, retarded, or most likely just read the wiki
>>
>>14216270
>>14216293

Nemos had gundarium at least in part.

And they had better acceleration than the GM II.
>>
>>14213260
Thunderbolt is AU.
>>
>>14216437
This is speculation based on some interview where he said something like:

"They told me don't worry about my manga fitting into the other shows and mangas"

"So I took them up on that offer"
>>
File: okay.png (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
92 KB, 500x375
>>14216452
>>
File: Yazan,Dunkel_and_.jpg (42 KB, 690x386) Image search: [Google]
Yazan,Dunkel_and_.jpg
42 KB, 690x386
>>14213027
You fucking GIT GUD.
>>
>>14212447
fpbp
>>
>>14216307
Way underrated post

The Zaku Pilots were mooks who had never fought an MS, only shooting at tanks and jets.
>>
>>14216926
You mean space tanks and space jets
>>
>>14216307
>>14216926
Zeon never once thought to have their pilots test one Zaku versus another? Or would that not count as real combat?
>>
Psychic newtype bullshit is actually grossly underused.
>>
>>14217747

What? Did you even watch Zeta/ZZ and CCA?
>>
File: kou.jpg (48 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
kou.jpg
48 KB, 720x480
Post good non-Newtype pilots.
>>
>>14217764
The bullshit stuff mostly happens at the very very end of each series though. 4-5 episodes out of 40-50 certainly doesn't qualify as overused.
>>
>>14216552
Is that turtle a tattoo or a piercing?
>>
>>14217778
Tattoo.
>>
>>14217777

It was pretty fucking major during the whole of ZZ and Char's counterattack though.
>>
File: glorious dataaaaa.jpg (81 KB, 665x601) Image search: [Google]
glorious dataaaaa.jpg
81 KB, 665x601
>>14212436

fucking combat data
>>
>>14217699
Well when the Federation only had tanks, planes, and spaceships up until that point they probably didn't see much need to practice MS vs MS combat.
>>
>>14217699
They probably did, but it's different when the Gundam is effectively indestructible.
>>
>>14217699
No. They seriously didn't think the Federation would have MS in the field for several more months.

Just think about the fact that in the first few episodes of Gundam none of them carries a heat hawk, the only weapon that can damage the Gundam. In fact, throughout most of the first half of the series they just don't carry a lot of melee weaponry. Char, Ramba, and the Tri-Stars are the only notable guys to do so. I doubt most pilots even know how to use melee weaponry much less have it available to them.
>>
File: 1410019759208.png (335 KB, 636x474) Image search: [Google]
1410019759208.png
335 KB, 636x474
>>14217836
oh jesus, he's right.
>>
>>14212436
Anyone know the name of that vocal song that plays when Lala dies in the T.V show?
>>
>>14217991
Beginning by Daisuke Inoue
>>
>>14218025
>Beginning by Daisuke Inoue
That's a great song, but it's in the movie, and not the T.V show. The one in the tv show is sung by a woman.
>>
>>14217946
>No. They seriously didn't think the Federation would have MS in the field for several more months.
They were trying to steal the Gundam at the start yet never took into account a Zaku falling into Feddie hands?
>>
>>14218073
They knew the Federation was developing mobile suits but they pretty clearly didn't expect them to be fucking invincible
>>
Every MC in Macross starts as already being a airplane or mech pilot.
>>
>>14216197

The Jeb Bush of Mobile Suits.
>>
>>14218073
They were supposed to be doing recon and at worst they expected it to be easily destroyed by Zaku Machine guns. They were looking down on the federation basically.
>>
>>14218094
Alto didn't have much piloting ability, he was only going off the EX-gear training he had because he was hired to do aerobatics in the EX-gear for sheryl's concert, before that he hadn't touched a plane before

I find that already being a trained pilot is better than "never touched a mecha before yet is inexplicably good at piloting" though
>>
>>14218338
I thought Gene and the others actually did end up wrecking a lot of the project V parts on site with the Zaku machine gun. When White Base packed up and left, they only took what wasn't damaged. They had Amuro use napalm to ruin whatever was left so Zeon forces couldn't analyze any scrap parts or wrecks for technical info
>>
>>14217836

Is it weird that I actually love the idea of combat data being incredibly useful and valuable? It feels realistic.
>>
>>14212456
/thread
>>
>>14218360
I don't think there are any examples of real life war machines that record and utilize combat data in that way. Of course there's reconnaissance or enemy intel, but that barely has anything to do with the machine itself. As far as I know, only Gundam, Votoms, and Patlabor make the machine's own data recording a valuable thing, but that's because of the nature of the way the robotic technology works in their universe (human-like movements are difficult so operating data about how to move a machine helps newbies to recreate the movements of a more skilled pilot).
>>
>>14218344
And in Delta Hayate can only pilot Batroid mode well at the start since he was using a civilian mech at the job he just got fired from. He can't fly for shit until he gets some actual training.
>>
>>14218355
Yeah they did, but it was unassembled Guncannon and Guntank parts.
>>
>>14218442
which are also made of luna titanium

guncannon should be even more heavily armored than the gundam is
>>
>>14218459
Unassembled though. Pretty sure the coreblock and inner mechanics aren't made of Gundarium.

And Gundarium isn't completely infallible. Even a Zaku machinegun can wear it down. In the final battle Kai's Guncannon loses its leg to a Zaku after the ABQ battle and he decides it's time to just ditch the suit altogether.
>>
>>14218470
The outside looks just fine for something that just survived an explosion.
>>
>>14218459
It's possible the nuclear explosion from the Zaku II might've done some of the damage.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (691 KB, 720x1440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
691 KB, 720x1440
>>14218470
>Unassembled though. Pretty sure the coreblock and inner mechanics aren't made of Gundarium.
unless they're sticking the guns inside before firing, the zaku MGs shouldn't be that effective, especially when firing single shots

besides, for the parts you showed in your screenshot, there's no way the round somehow hit the inside when the guncannon torso was upright meaning the connection point for the core fighter and lower legs wasn't exposed

if anything, it looks like most of the project V parts are intact, it's just the carriers under them that are blowing up and then the disassembled machines are being scattered around

>In the final battle Kai's Guncannon loses its leg to a Zaku after the ABQ battle and he decides it's time to just ditch the suit altogether.
wasn't that a bazooka? the zaku was holding it like one
>>
>>14213027
>He can predict all of your attacks and dodge them flawlessly.

[citation needed]
>>
>>14218503
Well everything is wrecked later when Char goes scavenging. Maybe it was the nuke from the Zaku.
>>
>>14215669
This. Gato for all the wank he gets in video game stats putting him as the highest normalfag pilot, has the most potential on-screen showing of practically any enemy ace pilot that's lived for more than 1 on-screen battle.
>>
>>14218504
Amuro Ray
>>
>>14218504
What do you think the newtype flash indicates
>>
>>14218519
Why did Char even take that part if it didn't amount to anything later in the show?
>>
>>14218386
Engine performance data at different altitudes/power/mixture was a thing in WW2 to find the max cruise distance. Rather important with the P-38 after Lindbergh tested it, found a more optimal cruise setting, expanded range noticably.
>>
>>14220087
Yeah, but they did that with actual speed/distance trials, it wasn't a cockpit computer recording data that could be loaded into other machines of same/similar design.
>>
>>14218360
It was pretty fucking useful considering mobile suit technology was a brand new frontier of combat. I imagine the stuff the learning computer provided would help toward handling the MS in close and ranged combat, things like pre-programmed attack patterns when using a beam saber.

I mean the early MS generally had a few computer monitors, stick controls with foot pedals, and a bunch of buttons etc. Could you ever imagine controlling all of that AND trying to manipulate humanoid arms and hands?
>>
>>14218939
He dropped it when Sayla confronted him.
>>
>>14215669
>'Shot down by nameless GM'
>Chaotic battle
>Only lost his gelgoog's right arm
>Still combat capable
>'shot down'

>In a "what-if" scenario in Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space, Gato engages Amuro Ray as one of the potential bosses in Stage 3 of the White Base campaign during the Battle of Solomon. Although the battle between the two ends in a stale-mate, Amuro comments that Gato could have finished him off if their battle had gone on longer.

'what-if'? aside, It would boil down to the writer on who wins in a between Amuro and Gato in the OYW, if there was no plot armor, and time paradoxes didn't matter. Gato was able to solo several fleets during his time of service and is arguable one of the best old type pilots in UC. Plus oldtype pilots have been shown to go toe to toe with those with newtype hax (See Yazen) Some of that might be plot armor on both sides though.

For Gato verses Amuro. It would depend on the field of combat and how Gato approaches it, if it was a wreckage area, and not open space, I'd give Gato the advantage because he's shown to be very good at using his surrounding while Amuro is more dependent on sheer reflexes and his suit.
>>
>>14212451
To be fair Amuro and Kamille were both the children of engineers who actually worked on the Gundams and had read their parents research/had experience with simulators. So they weren't going in completely blind.
>>
>>14220159
Computer tech was super advanced in UC despite the retro look of the world.

Ramba says his Gouf's computer can outright predict the Gundam's rifle's aim accurately (because the rifle is so precise it hits exactly where it aims) just by looking at it. It also extrapolated that the Gundam had jumped up even though the Gouf's camera was only seeing a shield that Amuro had thrown and empty flanks. It's the equivalent of a human looking around, seeing nothing and saying "He must have jumped!"
>>
>>14220411
>Chaotic battle
Honestly, more like chaotic siege battle. Let's be real, A Bao A Qu probably took the better part of a day, with aces like Gato doing several sorties in machines that probably weren't all fit for combat. Guy may've even gone through a few machines rather than let rookies sortie in them.

Point being, guy was probably delirious as shit when his arm got blown off.
>>
>>14220714
Might explain why after he lost his gelgoon, he tried to steal Delaz's Dom to go out and fight to the death before he was physically restrained.
>>
>>14216066
>eels like Tomino really likes to focus in his later works on how being a special snowflake doesn't mean you are automatically handed an easy win

There's even cases of that in his earlier work. Hell in 079 Amuro's newtype abilities actually put him at a disadvantage near the end because he was so fast the Gundam couldn't even keep up with him anymore.
>>
>>14222205
then they got magnetic coating and it became a non-issue
>>
>>14222205
And Kamille got mindfucked big time due to his extreme empathy.

Judau got off easy.
>>
>>14216307
I was only pretending to be retarded... Huh?
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.