[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So have there been any new scenes/differences in Unicorn so far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
So have there been any new scenes/differences in Unicorn so far? I know there was a re-animated shot of Banager's hand in ep 1, but anything else 6 episodes in?

It looks like we're starting to touch episode 3 territory 6 episodes in.
>>
>>14209041
I'm noticing bit more smoother animation on the Mobile suits and everything else in general.
It just small things.
And I think the scene of Riddhe talking to Audrey in the room was extended with Riddhe saying a couple extra things.
>>
Man I totally forgot this was happening.
>>
>>14211955
Theres no new dialogue at all except the preview and synopsis
>>
What should i watch before watching this anime?

I've already watched iron-blooded orphans but that's it.
>>
>>14212302
Unicorn Gundam OVAs
>>
>>14212302
You don't.

If you want to watch you'll have to watch 0079 Zeta ZZ and Char's Counterattack first.
>>
>>14212318
Can i watch them after watching unicorn OVA or should i watch zeta and counter attack first?
>>
>>14212351
You should watch SEED first, before all that.
>>
>>14212357
I dunno, seed seem to have a bad reputation here.
>>
>>14212351
Unicorn is a continuation, both from plot as well as thematic perspective, of the early Universal Century stories (0079, Zeta, ZZ, CCA).

I guess you -can- watch it without having seen them, the same way you can watch Back to the Future III without seeing the first two, but why would you do that? It was not meant to stand alone, and frankly it really isn't as good as the entries that preceded it.
>>
>>14212359
SEED is utter shit, and has nothing to do with anything, other than its even shitter sequel
>>
>>14212351
>>14212371
Just watch it if you want, unicorn explain pretty well his universe, his factions, so you shouldn't have any problems about understanding.

If you like it after watching it, then watch zeta and counter attack which are better.
>>
>>14212407
>his
Oh, so you're ESL. No wonder you're retarded.

Again, pretty much any work can be understood with the right context. I can watch the Godfather 3 and tell you who each character is and how they're all related to each other. It's not about -understanding- the plot as much as it is seeing the narrative develop.
>>
>>14212470
English is not my native language, sorry, please don't insult me anymore.
>>
>>14212470
So it's okay if i watch them after unicorn, thanks anon.
>>
>>14212509
Enjoy not getting the full Unicorn experience then.
>>
>>14212618
The full experience is garbage so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>14212509
Just watch "100 years of solitude," it covers all of the information relevant to Unicorn.
>>
>>14212626
Okay thanks anon.
>>
Unicron is ultimately a standalone entry.
All the exposition you need is in it.
There're references you'll miss, but it won't affect your core enjoyment of the series.
>>
>>14212302
Watch UC in release order you retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>14212710
Literally the only thing Unicorn has going for it is the battles between MSVs and old designs. If you don't know those designs, you lose a significant part of how cool the OVA is. Unicorn Destroy [Burst Unchained Green Clear] Full Armor (Anime Colors) ver Ka is pretty boring. You don't care about that. Kshatriya is only slightly above that and it only has a couple good scenes. Unicorn without the rest of UC is empty.
>>
>>14212742
>Literally the only thing Unicorn has going for it is the battles between MSVs and old designs
Yes, I suppose your subjective opinion is true, and people can not enjoy the great animation unless they've gushed over random designs on gundam.wikia.org.
Also:
>ReZEL
>not the best thing to come out of Unicorn
>Kshatriya
>not shit

Take a hike, Euroshit.
>>
>>14212494
It isn't mine either, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>14212494
It's alright.
Just remember that "it's" is used as a pronoun for non-living things.
>>
>>14213434
In that particular instance, 'its' was what he wanted.
>>
>>14212509
>So it's okay if i watch them after unicorn, thanks anon.

No .Becasue then you have to suffer watching Unicorn again to connect the dots
>>
>>14212351
It's like asking whether you can watch Return of the Kings 1st and then Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers afer ketting us know that you have no idea what Lord of the Rings or who is Tolkein is.

And then went on to do it anyway since it is the latest thing in gossip sphere and you want to jump in.
>>
>>14209041
This is abuse
>>
>>14213459
That's what I did, and I had no problems. Hell, I probably enjoyed Unicorn more not having watched Zeta past episode 11 or ZZ at all, and having thought CCA was crap.
>>
File: f9lF14z.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1082) Image search: [Google]
f9lF14z.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1082
>>14213838
>Marida will never bully you
Why even continue living?
>>
File: Newtype geometry is a chore.jpg (121 KB, 459x597) Image search: [Google]
Newtype geometry is a chore.jpg
121 KB, 459x597
>>14214350
>She bullies you by giving you tutorials in differential calculus and intermediate geometry
>>
Was it ever believable that Marida and Banagher could've fallen in love?
>>
>>14214409
More believable than Banagher and Mineva imo
>>
>>14214413
really? but they're the token newtype couple, marida barely does anything other than "silent antagonist with tragic backstory" and then "soft-spoken person who shares some knowledge"
>>
Unicorn was so disappointing. Why would you want to watch it again in an even shittier form?
>>
>>14214419
Because new types have UNDERSTANDING and shit
>>
>>14214454
yeah, and banagher and mineva have been having more of those
>>
>>14214413
>>14214419
What made it believable?
>>
>>14214419
I feel that Unicorn was pretty bad with romance in general. Banagher and Mineva's relationship wasn't nearly as bad as Riddhe falling in love offscreen, but there never seemed to be any real chemistry, or even notable development between them--partly because they were, like you said, simply the token newtype couple. Sure, Marida's role is fairly limited, but Banagher interacts meaningfully with her far more than he does Mineva, who ends up being more of a plot point than a character.
>>
>>14214476
As I understand it, Marida and Banagher talk more, but there's not really a romantic element behind their talks. If anything, it's more like an older sister or (less likely) mother type connection between the two.
>>
>>14214493
And on the other hand, Banagher and Mineva don't talk a lot but Banagher is already intensely drawn to her from the beginning. Banagher's supposed to be more of a loner, and that side of him is apparently is more fleshed out in the novels. So when he feels a connection to Mineva, it might also serve to make him mistake it for or support the creation of romantic feelings toward Mineva. It's a warm connection that gets warmer, although in the beginning it's more Banagher feeling it and then Mineva accepting it later on as he irreversibly gets involved due to becoming the Unicorn's operator.

Conversely, Banagher and Marida start off as adversaries, both in the running fight in Industrial 7 and when they fight each in mobile suits. It's a cold connection between the two that gets warmer over time.
>>
>>14214493
That's true. It's never implied in canon that there's anything romantic between them. Regardless, I think a romantic relationship between the two is more fitting and feasible than one between Banagher and the princess, considering that most of his development comes from his interactions with Marida.
>>
>>14214419
>they're the token newtype couple
Examples of other newtype couples? This didn't seem like a thing in previous UC series, much less a recurring one.
>>
>>14214646
He's probably thinking of the nigh constant Doomed Female (Cyber) Newtype character.

Which Mineva isn't.
>>
>>14214517
That's because the implications give the appearance of a big sister/little brother relationship between the two of them.
>>
>>14212626
Wtf is that?
>>
File: 1456156418015.gif (163 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456156418015.gif
163 KB, 500x375
I've just finished the OVA, it's been a long time since an anime gived me so much feels.

Is there anyway to know more about what happen after the end of the OVA?
>>
>>14219134
>gived
What is up with this thread
>>
>>14219134
>Is there anyway to know more about what happen after the end of the OVA?
Not really, and it doesn't matter that much either.

All you need to know is that the dissolution of Zeon and the failure of Full Frontal stopped the wars of Spacenoid independence and rights against the EF, and a new age of war amongst the space colonies started.
Whether the colonies ended up getting more autonomy, I don't know, but the wars in Late UC (F91, Victory) go from being about independence and self-determination for Newtypes, to being about ideology, control, and personal gain (not much different from the underlying motivators for the Zeonic wars, mind you).
I recall in F91 and Victory the EF seemed reluctant to get involved in both the fights against the Crossbone Vanguard and Cosmo Babylonia, and later against BESPA and the Zanscare Empire, as it didn't seem to be an important issue until the Earth got directly involved.

Pic related. Though what she's Maria is saying could just mean the Universal Century in general, but I like to think it's in line with the ending of Unicorn, and proves Full Frontal's points about human nature, while Turn A and G-Reco both end up proving Banagher's points. War is inevitable, but eventually people will end up choosing to end war and try to understand each other.
>>
>>14219134
What? How does Unicorn give anyone feels?
>gived
>>
>>14219307
>>14219710
Sorry, not my native language.

>What? How does Unicorn give anyone feels?

Marida's backstory and death for example

>>14219692
Thanks for your sum up anon!
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.