[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kamen Rider designs based on past Ishinomori Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: compa1.jpg (2 MB, 3960x1592) Image search: [Google]
compa1.jpg
2 MB, 3960x1592
Hi, apologies if this was discussed before, I don't check here as often.

There was a clear design basis for Heisei Riders after Decade, the season 2 group of Heisei Riders if you will call them that.

Their designs were homages to past non-Rider Ishinomori heroes like Kikaider or Bibyun.

Among the more recent riders however, the design homage were not as clear cut, or were less emphasized. Like the main rider didn't seem to be based on anyone, but the second rider was. I was wondering if riders and Tokusatsu fans agree with my selection of which riders matches with past Ishinomori heroes.

I can't be 100% sure till we get through the second decade and all main/sub riders matches nicely to Ishinomori heroes. I:m pretty sure the designers are still keeping it up as a type of Easter egg for older fans and respect to Shotaro Ishinomori.
>>
File: compa2.jpg (1 MB, 2564x2016) Image search: [Google]
compa2.jpg
1 MB, 2564x2016
Gaim was an odd one, but there were a few visual similarities all within Henshin Ninja Arashi, so I'm pretty confident about that.

Ghost was the tough one. Like Gaim I looked at the sub rider more, and because he was blue, looked like a moth, and does have thunder type pattern with his EKG lines, I went with Inazuman. Ghost could be Sanagiman...? Because orange. But main rider seem to ditch the homage thing at times it doesn't really matter.

Looking at Deep Specter though, I think Inazuman is a good fit.
>>
Really reaching here

Also, Bibyun were based on rejected designs for Kamen Riders
>>
File: futurecandidates.jpg (294 KB, 1287x543) Image search: [Google]
futurecandidates.jpg
294 KB, 1287x543
Ones not yet used, so future riders may look similar to them.
>>
>>14204987
Reaching how? they match up when there is no need to be. It's at a subtle level for sure they are not modern updates of them.

What Bibyun is based on has nothing to do with the 3 forms of OOO being based on their head designs.

W, OOO, and Fourze are clear and pretty much confirmed. Later ones I don't see people discuss them as much as before.
>>
>>14205002

I know Akumaizer and Robot Detective, but who's number 3 with the penis?
>>
>>14205176
Barom 1, but not by Ishinomori oops.
>>
>>14205002
Barom-1 is 2 guys in 1 body
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.