[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kshatriya vs Sazabi In space, with unnamed Newtype pilots of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 12
File: 1000px-NZ-666_Full_view.jpg (57 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1000px-NZ-666_Full_view.jpg
57 KB, 1000x563
Kshatriya vs Sazabi
In space, with unnamed Newtype pilots of equal skill.
Who wins?
>>
>>14171362
I'm a faggot for the kshatriya and its funnels
and I'm usually wrong about what I say
so I'll cast a vote for the sazabi
>>
My vote goes with Sazabi as well, id assume since it was built for Char its got an edge in agility and speed.
>>
>>14171362

Sazabi would get BTFO.
>>
Kshatriya has a funnel count advantage while the Sazabi has a beam weapon advantage. Tough call but I would go with the Sazabi because of the theories on the big greens origin.
>>
>>14171390
>Sazabi has a beam weapon advantage
what
>>
File: h99_116[1].jpg (124 KB, 900x517) Image search: [Google]
h99_116[1].jpg
124 KB, 900x517
Bellpepper. Greater funnel quantity and i-field give it the edge.
>>
Bellpeper stomps.
>>
>>14171362
The red one
>>
>>14171390
>Sazabi has beam weapon advantage

Kshatriya is covered in mega particle cannons. 4 on the chest and two on each binder.

Kshatriya also has an I-Field.
>>
Does the Kshatriya have the beam gatling it was supposed to have?
>>
>>14171509

Considering how they are the same size -meaning a similar sized reactor - and from what can be gathered in animation /manga /novel depiction, I doubt Kyshatriya could actaully use all its beam weapons and i-field at the same time.
>>
File: vs.jpg (138 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
138 KB, 1200x600
>TOMATO OF REVENGE vs BELL PEPPER OF UNDERSTANDING
Doesn't matter because Amuro, the White Onion, barges in and destroys them because they're being piloted by unnamed characters.
>>
>>14171362
Kshitrya

>>14171390
>theories on the big greens origin.
???
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
How would Sinanju fare against either of them?
>>
Let's not forget that Kshatriya was capable of pwning the Spinanju.

>>14171641
Pretty good, but Kshatryia nearly trounces it in the source.
>>
>>14171641
The Sinanju always struck me as a suit that would be worse than the model it was based off of for the tradeoff of being prettier.
>>
File: derailingurthread.jpg (96 KB, 634x459) Image search: [Google]
derailingurthread.jpg
96 KB, 634x459
Who wins /m/?
>>
>>14171584
size is not the question, it's output. that being the case, the kshatriya has over 4 times the output of the sazabi. don't believe me? go check yourself.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSN-04_Sazabi

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/NZ-666_Kshatriya
>>
>>14171656
but it is. you're not wrong here.
>>
>>14171584

Kshatrya's powerplant makes 4x the power that Sazabi's did.
>>
>>14171641
Pretty sure Sazabi would wreck the Sinanju
>>
>>14171638
It's based on the quin mantha right?
>>
>>14171638
I think it refers to the speculation that the Kshatriya's psycoframe/cockpit was recycled from the Sazabi's
>>
>>14171915
Quin Mantha, Geymalk, and Qubeleys.
>>
>>14171682

It's my opinion that the MS in G Gundam are probably the most advanced in of the series given how reality breaking and physics defying they are.

Maxter would crush Banshee.
>>
>>14171641

Sinanju would easily beat Sazabi. No contest there.

Against Kshatriya, it'll have a tougher time for sure, but I don't think it could beat Kshatriya.
>>
>>14171682
Chibodee is not a newtype, the lion gets knocked the fuck out.
>>
>>14171963
>Chibodee is not a newtype

Does Banshee even have NT-D?
>>
>>14171362
If it's equal skill then I'd say the Kshatriya simply because of the armored wing binders. It can tank a bit more while the funnels go to work.
>>
>>14172034
Yes, it's even in destroy mode in the picture, anon.
>>
>>14171585
God damn it.
>>
>>14171921
And the design was made by chars neo zeon, right? I think the Sazabi had to come out on top in some way.
>>
The Sazabi is not a particularly impressive suit, all things considered. It's an all-rounder with a lot of thrusters and no particularly unique gimmicks beyond some funnels.

Like with the Nu, most of its threat comes from its official pilot.
>>
>>14171390

Sazabi is outgunned even in close combat anon

It couldn't even overpower the Nu, how would it overpower the Kshatriya?
>>
Kat wins this easy.

Kat has iFields, 30 plus funnels, 8 or so hyper mega particle cannons, 2 beam sabers,

Saz has 6 funnels, a beam saber, a mega particle cannon, a beam rifle,
>>
>>14172525
12 mega particle cannons actually. 4 in the chest and 2 in each wing.

machine cannons in chest

let's not forget the sub arms in each wing, each of which carries a beam saber. then the beam saber mounted in each main arm. these two also act as beam guns.

had the pilots in each ms been equal, the kshatriya would have destroyed the unicorn easily.
>>
>>14172643
>had the pilots in each ms been equal, the kshatriya would have destroyed the unicorn easily.
Given the same pilot, Unicorn would wreck Kshatriya. NT-D is purpose built to fuck up psycommu MS.
>>
>>14172918
This. Banagher could easily be considered an amateur and he was still stomping on the Kshatriya in a 1-on-1 before passing out from the mental strain. Just imagine if it was being piloted by someone with standard MS training plus given some exercises to get used to Unicorn's various systems.
>>
>>14172982
>Just imagine if it was being piloted by someone with standard MS training plus given some exercises to get used to Unicorn's various systems.
Or watch OVA 7.
>>
>>14172989
it was silly how easily angelo trapped him
>>
>>14171641

Am I alone in thinking the Sinanju looks like shit compared to Sazabi?
>>
File: Green-Bell-Pepper.jpg (2 MB, 1900x2660) Image search: [Google]
Green-Bell-Pepper.jpg
2 MB, 1900x2660
You bellpepper fags are painful to watch.

Of course Sazabi is superior. Look at how many times the bellpepper got fucked by Unicorn
>>
>>14171701
>>14171687

Please. Gundam specs have always been rediculously inconsistent. Kshatriya didn't even have a power rating or an I-field generator in its novel design until the OVA came along and they needed to make shit up for the plamo. Do you seriously believe that within three years from CCA they manage to cramp power generators with the output close to that of the Alpha azieru into a 20 meter size suit, while even the latest and greatest minaturized MS has only around 1000kw in the form of the Loto? And we are talking about an organization that is the remanent of the one that built the Alpha Aizeru in its prime.

Realistically I think at most Kshatriya is around double of Sazabi's output. But it supports a few more time the number of beam weapons.
>>
>>14171641
it's a bit odd that the sinanju lack any newtype weaponary.

it just have godly thurst to weight ratio
>>
>>14173011
No
>>
>>14172525
kat definitely have better firepower, but I don't remember it being that fast. Sazabi is designed with both firepower and speed in mind.

zeon style newtype ms tends to relies too much on firepower.
>>
Kshatryia only because it's my favorite gvgnplus unit.
>>
>>14173140

It's thrust to weight ratio is about 5:1. I'd hardly call that godly. The Zeta Gundam alone is nearly the same. The animation does a good job at making it seem really fast at times so it might have been meant to be higher, but the stats don't make it all that impressive.
>>
>>14172918

>>14172982

that's easy. just don't use funnels. the kshatriya is more than capable of taking on the unicorn or any mobile suit of that time without funnels.
>>
>>14173092
as is stands, those are the current specs. do i seriously believe they crammed that in there? if you consider that gga has four reactors and each reactor has 3 or 4 times the output of a normal reacter and takes place a bit over 100 years from unicorn, then yeah, i would believe that.
>>
>>14173339

Discounting the dubious canonicity of Gaia Gear, it might have four separate reactors, but it still has less total power than the Kshatriya. I would point out that the Kshatriya has four large binders it could be putting smaller reactors in or something though.
>>
>>14173396
in any case, the specs are right there.
>>
>>14171362
I feel that the Kshatriya is better equipped overall. It has a lot of firepower and the sinanju isn't exactly small. Though it would still have a rough time

>>14171682
Schematics wise: banshee, probably
If it was an episode: Maxster
>>
>>14173011
Sinanju looks like a korean MMORPG armor set.
Sazabi looks like a mobile suit done by prime Izubuchi, or course it looks better.
>>
>>14173011
I think the opposite. I think the Sinanju is a work of art, and the Sazabi looks lame and old.
>>
>>14173085
and it still came back, Sazabi got fucked by a Gundam that's just for show.
>>
>>14171641
If it had some Funnels it might have a chance
>>
>>14173085
Bellpepper got wrecked by Gundams specifically designed to fuck of funnel users.
>>
Sazabi was already an outdated suit by the time of CCA. Char was pretty insistent that Amuro have the better suit so that there would be no question who the better pilot was. Unfortunately this backfired on him.
>>
>>14176875
>Nu
>better suit than Sazabi
>>
>>14176876
It literally was though
>>
>>14176876

In what way did you think the Sazabi was a better unit over the Nu?
>>
>>14176875

Uh, no. He insisted on sharing the Psycoframe technology. He had no direct hand in any other part of the suit, which Amuro designed to suit himself. The suits are basically on par with each other.
>>
>>14176875
Sazabi was actually fairly new by the start of CCA.
>>
>>14173334
The Unicorn has an I-field generator and a fuckton of beam sabers. If it comes down to a close combat fight the Unicorn can cut the Kshatriya apart. We've already seen it's beam sabers cut through the wing binders like paper and with Unicorns obscene thrust it can outmaneuver the Kyshatriya. The copious helpings of psychoframe material in the frame means Unicorn is also far more responsive than Kshatriya can be.
>>
>>14176875
Amuro was already fighting pretty evenly with the Re-GZ
>>
>>14177223

Which is put down to it being Amuro and Char not fighting him seriously because he's in a less than suit. He doesn't even try to use his funnels for instance.
>>
>>14173092

It's fictional piece of work so there is no way to prove or disprove how much power either of them make since they don't actually exist. The amount of power they make simply has to be dictated and since the fluff is all we have to go by then that's what it is and it's pointless to argue against it.
>>
>>14177247

So if Kshatriya could suddenly fire colony laser it would be reasonable because it's a "fictional piece of work" and it can be dictated as such?It's not about the number. Kshatriya can't reasonably be much more powerful than the Sazabi with the technology level at that time. It could well be that the CCA numbers are too low
>>
>>14177277
Welcome to the world of psycommu
>>
>>14177213
that's plot armour. at most, the the unicorn can use 4 sabers at a time, not entirely independently either. kshatriya has can use 6 simultaneously, one for each arm. also, 4 mega particle cannons right in the chest. 2 machine cannons in the chest. the beam sabers in the main arms acting as beam emitters or beam guns. melee against the kshatriya would be pretty stupid. particularly if you engage it from the front. those sub arms can just grab the suit and the various cannons will do the rest. marida was just written to be a shitty pilot at that point.
>>
>>14177277
>So if Kshatriya could suddenly fire colony laser it would be reasonable because it's a "fictional piece of work" and it can be dictated as such?

Yes, actually. Just look at AoZ or 0083.
>>
>>14173334
NT-D doesn't react to just funnels. Why do you think the Unicorns activate against each other?
>>
>>14177295
The Unicorn's specs once it goes Destroy Mode are so fucking high they can't even be measured. Kshatriya doesn't even begin to compare.
>>
>>14173092
>>14177277
>>is confronted with up to date specs
>>"waaah! numbers don't mean anything!!! baka desu sempai!"

fucking anti vaxxers.
>>
>>14177310

>made up specs
>mean anything
>muh power level autism
>>
Once you start throwing in psycoframe, the feats a MS is capable of exit the realm of "what is physically possible" and enter "whatever the pilots wants to happen".

Unicorn has so much psycoframe it can fucking fly without propellant by the end.
>>
>>14177316
>complains about made up specs
>claims extra arms makes the Kshatriya unbeatable

fat lot of good extra arms will do
>>
>>14177328

I am not that guy. I am this guy.

>>14173092
>>14177277
>>
>>14177309
>The Unicorn's specs once it goes Destroy Mode are so fucking high they can't even be measured.

And that's bullshit. Whatever Axis Shock effects might be created by the psycoframe, It still has a set number of thrusters that have a set performance figure. Its reactor is still just a Minovsky fusion reactor, with set performance. I will however concede that the psycoframe coupled with a strong newtype could give it effectively unlimited detection range.

Now, I actually like Unicorn, but when they pull stuff like that "it's so good it can't be rated. It just beats everything ever", it just makes the whole thing feel like childish power-level one-upping bullshit.
>>
>>14173541

Piloted by the original White Devil pilot himself, Amuro Ray.
>>
>>14177277
>So if Kshatriya could suddenly fire colony laser it would be reasonable because it's a "fictional piece of work" and it can be dictated as such?

Yes. That's how fiction works.
>>
>>14177382
It would, however, undermine the credibility of the fiction and the world it's created.
>>
>>14177309
More like they can't be measured because you can't measure Newtype powers by mechanical means.
>>
>>14177342
Kshatriya has a very large girth, it could pack a much stronger main powerplant than Sazabi and have supplemental generators in other spots like the legs or binders. The ZZ already had over twice the reactor output and existed 5 years before the Sazabi.

The Loto is not meant to be a powerhouse, it's an APC that doubles as a fire support MS. It was never meant to operate beam weapons besides the tiny utility cutter on a sub-arm, so trying to tout the Loto as a "state of the art" reference for 0096's reactor output/efficiency doesn't exactly make sense when it never needed a powerful reactor to begin with.

Also, Char's NZ didn't make Alpha Azieru themselves, just like Full Frontal's Sleeves didn't make Neo Zeong themselves (and neither was the Kshatriya). Anaheim Electronics conducted the research and development, supplied the parts to the groups whose engineers merely assembled them. Group size has nothing to do with ability to develop MS technology when they aren't the ones building it themselves.

It is because it is a work of fiction that the owner/writer have creative control over it. They get to say exactly what is and what isn't. What ability you have as audience/reader is that you can refuse to believe it, but you cannot say it is not what it is written as.
>>
>>14177386
When the fiction is already filled with incredulous events and "inconsistent specs", what is one more inconsistently consistent mobile suit?
>>
>>14177277

It'd be reasonable because Gundam has done it before. The Wing Zero Gundam had a double buster cannon capable of destroying colonies which only one other suit in the entire setting is capable of coming even close to matching. No other gun in the tv show even comes close to it in power. It's only competition is the Tallgeese III. Why? Because the story says so. If it works for Wing with no-one really questioning it, it'd work for UC. Shit, even with all the complaints Wing gets, that discrepancy is very rarely brought up.
>>
Shatty would own all other suits

Sashabee only have shitty expendable funnels

K.Shat has I field, tons of funnels, crazy beam cannons in chest and wings, and amazing mobility

Overall a better suit
>>
>>14177395

Except UC has already established that a single MS can't do that at least without newtype-psychoframe hax, where as in Wing there was no pre-established base-line technology. Are you just purposefully being retarded or something?
>>
>>14177386
>Gundam
>credible

Mind you that besides the giant humanoid robots, this is the same continuity that features telekinetic psychics, space ghosts, and everybody that ever mattered to the story was either a blood relative or childhood friends of each other. And that's just UC...

But it's probably the most successful mecha franchise with a sizeable fanbase because people don't get wrapped up in the details that ultimately don't really matter.
>>
>>14177415

The Unicorn Gundam itself already breaks quite a few established rules of the Gundam setting, so having the Kshatriya break another wouldn't exactly be anything shocking.
>>
>>14177360
Psycoframe is carte blanche for the Unicorn to spit on the laws of physics.

Deal with it.
>>
Kshatriya is a bit of a Sue, isn't she? That's okay, though, she's so lovable she makes up for it.
>>
>>14177360
Keep in mind that the Unicorn was basically an RX-78 that Vist kept throwing money at and while Kshatriya has a better design concept, the Unicorn specs are simply too high.
>>
>>14177389

>Kshatriya has a very large girth, it could pack a much stronger main powerplant

ZZ has a huge backpack that is almost as big as an MS, so it's still reasonable when contemporary MA/MAs with similar size have similar power ratings (Mk-V, Doven Wolf, Jamru Fin). As I have previously said, Kshatriya could realistically be twice as powerful as the Sazabi based on the size of the suit alone, but 4x is too much, considering the "girth" of the torso includes an I-field generator and 4 high power beam cannon. Your reasoning with the supplemental generator applies to the Sazabi too. It has a huge ass binder and plenty of leg space. So size alone can't account for that 4x increase.

>to tout the Loto as a "state of the art" reference for 0096's reactor output/efficiency

It is state of the art because it serves as the prototype for F-50D, one of the earliest demonstrator of minature MS and the impetus of the formula projects.

>Anaheim Electronics conducted the research and development,

It doesn't matter. If AE's techonological level could only managed to build Alpha Aizeru when Neo Zeon had more sponsors and money then it stands to reason that they can't do much better three years later.

>What ability you have as audience/reader is that you can refuse to believe it, but you cannot say it is not what it is written as.

LOL I can simply refuse to believe and call whatever they have written as bullshit when what is written is internally inconsistent.
>>
>>14171362
The O would curb stomp both
>>
>>14177523
>Internal consistency.
>Gundam.

Pick one.
>>
>>14177523
>It is state of the art because it serves as the prototype for F-50D, one of the earliest demonstrator of minature MS and the impetus of the formula projects.
Yes, but it is not a good example of reactor technology, which we are talking about here. State of the art does not mean it features the absolute best in technology, it's just a troop transport.

>It doesn't matter. If AE's techonological level could only managed to build Alpha Aizeru when Neo Zeon had more sponsors and money then it stands to reason that they can't do much better three years later.
That's only "if". Why is it so difficult to believe that AE was holding back during CCA and really splurged on the RX-0 and related?

>LOL I can simply refuse to believe and call whatever they have written as bullshit when what is written is internally inconsistent.
No shit, I just fucking told you that. Not liking what the author wrote is your problem, and not ours.
>>
Since this is a semi Unicorn thread, how bullshit is the Unicorn anyway? If you could rank on a scale of 1 to bullshit with bullshit being the highest where would you place all the previous Gundams piloted by the MC?
>>
>>14177561
it shapeshifted into crystal and then back to normal and managed to shrink a colony laser beam
>>
>>14177561
If Unicorn was 10, the others would probably all be around 7-9.
The RX-78 tanked a nuclear mine, the zeta has souls of the dead, ZZ has newtype recharging, Nu has axis shock. They're all pretty bullshit.
>>
>>14177561

It only stopped the colony laser with Banshee's help, and even then, only barely. It would also seem to have needed Marida's help given the timing and what she says.
>>
>>14177577
It didn't stop the laser, it just shrank it.
>>
>>14173313
Frontal did a great job of utilizing AMBAC to it's fullest as well. His assaults were great illustration why mobile suits even exists in this setting.
>>
>>14177582

There's functionally no difference, since the laser was still stopped, just by three separate i-fields each taking some of it's power.
>>
>>14177577
It only barely stopped the laser in its "regular" NT-D Awakening mode. The Bullshit Unicorn God at the very end probably could've done it on its own.
>>
>>14177656

That God mode was only possible because of the excess energy from the laser and some other stuff if I recall the pastebin correctly. So you're basically using circular reasoning. "If he'd just had the excess energy from the laser he could have stopped the laser". It doesn't work.
>>
File: 10029101k.jpg (325 KB, 990x745) Image search: [Google]
10029101k.jpg
325 KB, 990x745
>>14177557

> but it is not a good example of reactor technology

That's because F-50D itself is supposed to prioritize in minaturization, meaning that the reactor has to be the smallest possible given it's power output. Considering how Loto is only given to ECOAS, I would say it is their cutting edge reactor technology. Loto is the UC equivalent of something like the stealth Blackhawk used to kill Bin Laden that we have yet to see publicly.

>Why is it so difficult to believe that AE was holding back during CCA and really splurged on the RX-0

Because we are talking about the Kshatriya and the Neo Zeon. Not !illuminati Gundam

>Not liking what the author wrote is your problem, and not ours.

Then why bother responding to me. I am free to call bullshit when I see fit.
>>
>>14177575
The Freedoms would be pretty low. They don't have any kind of special gimmick like the Zero System or Wings Of Light or Trans Am. They're just high performance suits with lots of guns.
>>
File: aku.png (1002 KB, 1273x1004) Image search: [Google]
aku.png
1002 KB, 1273x1004
>be OP
>havent looked at this thread in a day
>come back
>mfw
>>
i was thinking out of the whole gundam universe one mobile suit popped in my head the Gundam Zabanya vs Kshatriya
>>
>>14178503
Now that's just not fair...
>>
>>14178097
The one thing they've got going for them is PS armor which is good against everything...but beam weapons.

>>14177575
Except for IBO.

...maybe.
>>
Real talk

Amuro survives CCA. Would he get the Unicorn before Banana? Would they do everything they can to get Amuro in the Unicorn if everything proceeds as it does up until Nahel Argama gets the Unicorn on board?
>>
>>14178909
Amuro would probably be retired.
>>
>>14171656

The Sazabi always felt like a weirdly ugly suit to me. If it makes sense, the Sinaju feels like the suit that Char SHOULD have piloted versus the Nu Gundam.

That's one thing that's weird about 0079. You'd think that Char would have some kind of super-souped-up machine that it basically a Zeon Gundam to fight Amuro with. Instead, he gets a massive Mobile Armor that looks like it was thrown together at the last moment. It isn't even painted!

Most shows would've given him something that was a perfect mirror.
>>
>>14178909

There would probably be a scene where Amuro passes the torch to Banagher, or just shows up to drop off a few words of wisdom. He'll probably offer to help if he REALLY needs to, but Bright would be like "No, it's better if you didn't. I'm glad you're still alive, buddy."
>>
>>14178967
Eh, Sazabi looks nice, it just doesn't feel like Char. Nothing about that suit really says mobility despite it being covered in thrusters - it's basically a Neo Zeon take on The O. Nightingale is even worse.
>>
>>14179030
0087 was all about rocket bricks. It's just a carry over from that era probably. It's not like Char was the one that designed the thing.
>>
>>14173011

sinanju stein > sazabi > sinanju
>>
File: 1390944484298.jpg (86 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
1390944484298.jpg
86 KB, 800x452
>>14171362
The Kshatriya could be untouchable. With so many wing binders it has more AMBAC capability that any other MS of its era. Its thrust is nothing to shrug off either. Remember how it was able to push back that Stark Jegan?

>>14173011
Anyone with taste can see that. A lot of the Unicorn designs are typical Katoki garbage that all blends together.
>>
>>14171963
He can activate Meikyo Shisui (turns gold), that's better than being a newtype.
>>
Let's be real the twin balls can beat kshatriya. You wanna know why cuz the twin balls are on angel dust that's why
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.