[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to wish for a Gundam series that was about a crew of down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 34
File: maxresdefault (13).jpg (473 KB, 2401x1513) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (13).jpg
473 KB, 2401x1513
I used to wish for a Gundam series that was about a crew of down and dirty mercenaries that had a Gundam as their secret weapon. Well, that sure happened.

Putting aside any issues about it's quality in a futile attempt to avoid shitposting, now that it's actually a thing, I'm not sure what I'd want next. What about you?

if i'm being really honest what i want the most now is g gundam 2
>>
Well, me and my shit taste know exactly what I want:

Cosmic horror gendum.
>>
>>14164358
isn't that kind of what 00 ended up being, except the horror was undercut by ~UNDERSTANDING~?
>>
>>14164370
Nah, that was a first contact story.
>>
There was a thread about it earlier, but I think a Gundam musical would be cool as shit.
>>
File: 1423698528458.png (24 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
1423698528458.png
24 KB, 201x201
>>14164332
I like it. I have had some discussions here for people who have problems with it but i enjoyed it. Most gundam series have a back drop of war or maybe war is on the horrizon etc. etc. this series was just about a bunch of guys in over their heads trying to get the job done. It was different and I liked that for it. I enjoy more down to earth slower paced action series maybe it has to do with my age or just simply my experience with the more faster paced series out there but this series was fantastic. Especially with the main cast of characters. I never knew that before this series that a cast of characters on a gundam series wasn't really anything more then either a mouth piece for the writter or basically just a 2 dimensional character, but I actually felt real things for these guys and not just because they were kids. When they had casualties it was actually sad. When they lost one of their number it was genuinely sad. I like that. A series that has good action, giant robots, and makes me feel things is great in my book. I guess I'm just easy to please though especially as far as gundam goes.
>>
>>14164392
Do you realize what you just did?

Foolish mistake anon.
>>
>>14164332
That's exactly what I wanted, too. This was some monkey's paw shit.

As someone that enjoyed the show, here's hoping they get a new director and some fresh writers for S2 and turn this train wreck around.
>>
File: 1424588876531.gif (576 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
1424588876531.gif
576 KB, 500x306
>>14164410
Surprise me. I don't understand why you guys here do this. Make your entire case in your post so I can address it properly. You aren't special because you have a different view point. Its called discussion for a reason. Now tell me how much you hated IBO and be done with it.
>>
File: YroXs51.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
YroXs51.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
>>14164374
Even if it had a cast consisting exclusively of moe idol chicks?

Who would probably dance with shitty CG?
>>
>>14164392
>basically just a 2 dimensional character
So the IBO cast was really multi-faceted?
Do elaborate.
>>
File: 1438251448561.gif (3 MB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1438251448561.gif
3 MB, 275x275
>>14164483
I really don't feel like getting into it. I felt that the main cast was at least fleshed out more so then most gundam casts. I'm not going to get in an argument over how many dimensions each character is. There is no real reason to get that deep into detail. This isn't my first rodeo. Next thing you are probably going to say is something more faulty in my argument and try to make me look like an idiot and probably call me out for my shit taste or something along the like.
>>
>>14164510
No, I'm genuinely curious.
I dropped the show because a) the art was dismal (although some of what I saw of the later episodes improved), b) the content was recursive and bland, c) the characters had very little agency and were just being dragged along (or really behind) the narrative.

I'm not looking to argue, I just want to hear your opinion. If I was gonna go after your "shit taste" I'd have done it already.
>>
A gundam story that incorporate Alcubierre Drive and EM Drive for their technology.

Maybe first mobile suit that can warp space when all other technology still need ship-sized vessel to contain the Drive or something like that.

For the conflict, I'd love if they use the "human stop war because they afraid they destroy the earth, but when all new frontier is opened, all hell break loose" theme.
>>
>>14164510
I was disappointed in that regard

Mika, cool protag but went nowhere
Orga is the same
Kudelia, is basically Asshime without bazooka
Ein, best character but he was only relevant in the beginning and the end
Gjallhorn characters were decent actually

Overall, I was disappointed by IBO and consider it the worst gundam. If S2 fixes the animation though and is better I would actually forgive it though. It depends all what s2 is about. Not that /m/ or /a/ would ever admit a mecha S2 is good though.
>>
File: Chad Thunderbolt.jpg (1 MB, 1694x1200) Image search: [Google]
Chad Thunderbolt.jpg
1 MB, 1694x1200
The trick to enjoying IBO is to watch Thunderbolt instead.
>>
>>14164536
This.

>gritty war drama where the factions are stuck fighting in some shitty regions
>blond guy who is somewhat a jerk but has reedemable qualities VS poor schmuck who gains a strong weapon at the cost of his own body
>both sides shown to be twisted by the war in their own way
>actually using 'show not tell': uses music and actually playing out the scenes like flashback properly to narrate the character's motivations with minimal exposition
>>
File: 1437892593321.gif (677 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1437892593321.gif
677 KB, 500x281
>>14164522
Well I actually really liked the very flawed lead Orga. He has to act on the surface like Kamina (to barrow a comparison to him from an anon in another thread) but he was at the same time conflicted nearly every step of the way as a newbie leader in his position ought to be. He is very sure of himself but he can account for everything and things do go wrong from time to time and he pays for it and I felt they handled Orga in a very balanced sense.

I hope Mika gets more development in the second season. I feel like he got halted in order to move closer to his gundam and because there just wasn't enough time for it. Also the final scene basically made me cry bitch tears. I hope he gets more development in the next season.

The Cook's name would escapes me at the moment was also handled pretty well he was kind whiney but the man has two sisters at home and just wants to get home so of course he wants to advocates the safe route even. In the beginning he was more the motherly end i feel that the rep from the gangsters kind of step in especially how she becomes the voice of reason slowly but surely.
>>14164528
The main thing I want in season 2. Is a very good portrayl of war. As much as I liked the VASTLY different take season 1 took on gundam I would enjoy them to once again have a WAR GUNDAM series. I think the ending really set things up swimmingly and I look forward to it mostly for that. Now if they can keep bringing the compelling characters and another semi-interesting narrative that would be nice too. I'm worried that we've seen all we need too of this new AU and that is going to result in a lack of wonder these war boys from mars had in the first part of the series.
>>
>>14164578
There are acouple typos in there, but I got the gist.

You say you want more development in the second part, but that's why I dropped it. I just felt that the time was being used grossly inefficiently, and in the downtime the show had, more things could've been done with a lot more nuance and tact since there really weren't "fights" to take the focus off of other things.

>Cook
His name was Biscuit. I remember that and I even dropped the show, but anyways.

Thanks for your take though.
>>
>>14164570
What I've seen of Thunderbolt was pretty good, but it's not really the same kind of story
>>
>>14164597
I could have shit taste, but it got better at the end. I would actually say it is one of the better gundam finals, it has 2 fights that were actually teased well since the beginning, and that looked better than most of the shitty fights. Since a lot of gundams have good beginnings and middles but bad endings, at least IBO saved enough for an okay finale. If S2 interests you when more info comes out, you may have something to look forward to if you want to catch up. I still wouldn't recommend it though.
>>
>>14164597
No problem. I know for an action series it suffered quite a bit but I still feel like the last teen episodes were really solid. So basically I came for the gundam I stayed for the family unit and the crazy plotline that developed with gjallhorn. Although I do admit I am blinded by my bias. I will watch basically anything gundam at this point and have completed just about 80 or 90% of the catalog that is known to me.
>>
>>14164630
*ten episodes
>>
File: Liz.jpg (165 KB, 850x536) Image search: [Google]
Liz.jpg
165 KB, 850x536
>>14164413

Goddamnit, it was everything /m/ wanted so badly in a series. Literally nearly everything we wanted in a gundam series.

-Hot female pilots that don't get killed in the first season
-Gritty mercenary company doing gritty thing
-No beamspam

Only thing we didn't have is a whore turned pilot and spy and arena where Mobile Workers fight to the death.
>>
>>14164618
>f S2 interests you when more info comes out
I'll probably give it a few episodes try if they get a new director. The dude just sucks.

>>14164630
Eh, I don't even mind an action series lacking action, just any series lacking momentum. It had quite a lot coming out of the gates, but after they left Mars it just stalled. The overarching story is fine enough, but considering all the myriad scriptwriters on musical chairs it really arrested the progression as each writer was looking to get his or her own grounding on the character, and in my view, not succeeding.
>>
>>14164332
Deep space gundam with heavy focus on managing the resources of colony ships.
>>
>>14164638
>-No beamspam
The way they executed it was terrible though. How MS were impervious to general gunfire and how only Tekkadan brought bigger guns was stupid. Most of the melee combat was boring too, barbatos simply trivialized most opponents. Then there's how completely pointless the mobile workers were.
>>
>>14164433
Nigger I actually like IBO but praising it around here is asking for a headache.
>>
>>14164578
>and he pays for it
How so? The named characters are saved from the brink of death time after time and none of their crazy schemes go wrong. At most they'll lose totally random kids but honestly they might as well all be called Denim, Slender and Jean because they were simply grunts. There were no Ryu Josés or Matildas or Miharus. They were firepower, and expendable firepower at that. That's part of the reason the funeral scene irked me. These aren't even nameless kids we see in the background hanging out whose face we might recognize, if not during their death then by their absence or replacement later; they're all nameless faceless nobodies. And I can't see them as family when I'm only TOLD that they were all meaningful to someone or another but never see this on screen. The family aspect would have seemed like a manipulative way to keep them all in line had I not known better.
>Now if they can keep bringing the compelling characters
I honestly couldn't form a connection with anyone on the cast. Mikazuki was sidelined as you said (which, in my opinion, is a very bad choice to make with the one who pilots the Gundam but being an unorthodox series in that aspect lets me cut it some slack for at least trying to focus on others) but I didn't get the feeling they focused on anyone else. There's no dynamism, there's hardly depth. Orga tells Biscuit on Mars exactly what he feels when Mikazuki riles him up near the finale. Kudelia is the only one with change and even that is minor considering there were 26 episodes to go through and she only mattered in her intro, at Dort, and talking with Makanai/the Parliament. And her character is literally 100% politics, she's just a human vessel for those ideas to inhabit. She gets kissed, she sees new things, but she doesn't ever change as a person once she hires Tekkadan. Even at Dort, she is no more willing to talk in front of the camera than she is at Parliament or at whatever event was in her back story.
>>
File: 1437890487952.gif (3 MB, 167x190) Image search: [Google]
1437890487952.gif
3 MB, 167x190
>>14164656
I drink a fair amount during anime so a lull in the action or a slower episode just gives me time to take a drink and just take it in I guess. I understand perfectly well not being able to get through the space travel portion but once the arc dealing with the human debris' bro kicked in I was interested again. Then something wonderful happened at about episode 23 I think it was that really reminded me why I love mecha and anime in the first place.
>>14164709
I can deal with a headache. I just can't take people who think their's is the only viewpoint around here. I am here for a discussion not to cave to someone who thinks they are always right.
>>
>>14164792
>I drink a fair amount during anime
This might help me enjoy more stuff.
>>
>>14164770

Not every death in gundam have to be a named character. The fact they had tighter bonds than the crew at white base with the average soldier who spends their time guarding the brig, manning the guns and day to day affairs is a damning difference.

>>14164770

She goes from just helping Mars to helping the entire Earth Sphere. Her job was to be what shadowrunners call the Face. Her job isn't to put bullets in the head of assholes, her job is to handle the kind of stuff not even Orga can do. Look at how many snafus they faced leaving Mars vs Kudelia and Fumitan who got them through smoothly.
>>
>>14164808
>The fact they had tighter bonds than the crew at white base with the average soldier who spends their time guarding the brig, manning the guns and day to day affairs is a damning difference.
But that's exactly it, we never see these kids. We're just told they have strong bonds because Orga talks about family a lot. Despite how much time is spent inside the ship, we are never given a sense of loss when kids die. That's why I mentioned a named character. Orga might SAY that losing the kids is sad but how would we know? They don't need backstories or anything but we never actually see the bond with the brig guards or the cooks or the gunners. So by not only refusing to kill of named characters until Biscuit and by not showing us any loss from the nameless ones, it's hard to react emotionally.

>She goes from just helping Mars to helping the entire Earth Sphere. Her job was to be what shadowrunners call the Face. Her job isn't to put bullets in the head of assholes, her job is to handle the kind of stuff not even Orga can do. Look at how many snafus they faced leaving Mars vs Kudelia and Fumitan who got them through smoothly.
That's not development. Her character can literally be summed up to the first episode, Fumitan's death episode, and her speech at the end. Just because she's the Face doesn't excuse her from barely moving as a person for 26 episodes. That's 520 minutes, or 8.5ish hours of time to do something with her. But all she did was lose her naïveté on Mars and become the maiden of revolution on Dort (which means nothing at all since she was still just deregulating half-metals). Kudelia had a purpose to move the plot forward but that's about it.

I'm not being mean or shitposting or saying anyone's taste is shit but I really want to know this stuff.
>>
>>14164770
Orga pays for it the only way a commander can through guilt, booze and being super unsure of how to proceed at times. Through the series I thought they did a good job of presenting this. To your second point about no one really going on an arc or anything I can see that as a valid complaint but to me someone that has seen gundam time and time again in various forms and plot lines. They don't need character arcs to be good characters. They don't need to even change by the end or anything. As long as the action is good and you are enjoying the struggle do you really need some kind of dramatic change in characters? Although hopefully Mika does continue his little oh yeah I should act like a human from time to time instead of turning off my emotions all the goddamn time. I really hope something becomes of that. Thats another thing I think people underestimate I think they are trying to move Mika in a more human direction then BECOMING THE GUNDAM by the end of the series. As fun as it was to see 00 go that route gundam series of old used to try to keep the humanity of the pilot intact and not just let him succumb to blood lust and as satisfying as it is to see Mika just solve every problem with his gundam I think as evidenced by the end it is ultimately going to kill him if something doesn't change.
>>
>>14164889
>As long as the action is good and you are enjoying the struggle do you really need some kind of dramatic change in characters?
How can I when the action is objectively the worst since SEED's stock footage-palooza and the struggle is fought between a miraculously hyper-competent group of kids and an absolute joke of a world government? Hell, Teiwaz could have overthrown Gjallerhorn on their own if they just got a surgery or two. Which were apparently cheap enough to pop them on random orphans for years on end.
>>
File: 1458678294048.gif (916 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
1458678294048.gif
916 KB, 245x150
>>14164874
You know I didn't start the water works at first. It was a battle after all casualties and all that, but then when a proper burial was brought up and Orga was fine with it and then the obvious metaphoric fire works lit off and then you finally see them kind of just get it. Just how worthless their lives are and how flitting life really is. Its heartbreaking sure these are kids we're talking about and there is some manipulation in that regard but up until there you don't really consider that. It was just such a humanizing moment for me and the series. These guys barely even take the time to mourn their dead really just screams a lot about the kind of environment they are in day in and day out on Mars.

Kudelia though even though she is the catalyst and I kind of grew to like her more and more as she continued to take charge and actually throw her weight around as a politician was easily the weakest part of the story.
>>
>>14164908
Well I still feel like their masked informant overall was the reason for their victory. Alot of the plot was about convenience when you get down to it but I was too busy having fun with the characters and the action to care.
>>
>>14164332
I kind of want a mod for Red Faction Guerrilla to add in Barbatos. It'd certainly fit.
>>
I felt bad for her. Usually it's fun watching Mika curbstomp enemies, but for some reason I felt glum watching him push Carta's shit in.
>>
>>14164607
I am sure this is what he meant: forget IBO, Thunderbolt is what's worthy of being called a gritty Gundam show instead.
>>
File: 1423720102065.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1423720102065.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
>>14165080
I was pretty mixed with a leaning toward mika. On one hand I hate oujo-sama type characters and the fact that she completely misread how these guerilla fighters opperate even after two defeats she still insisted to try and ride out like its the era of knights and civialry and all that bullshit she read about in her dumb ass little books and how she set up a cadre of blond haired blue eye'd knights up on her space fortress with the delusion that no one could possibly get past her. She deserved the fall and it was sweet when mika curbed stomped both her "knights" into oblivion. Also to note I liked how alice in wonderland she felt very queen of hearts. I was expecting her to call for someone to loose their head any time she was on screen.

But on the other hand I feel like the show tries to draw attention to mika's brutality and draws it in a semi-subtle light that it is wrong. I mean after all today war is bogged down by rules in the modern day and to some extent this world, aside from mars, seems to operate under a similar guise I feel especially since Gjallarhorn is pretty much how the US is currently. Feeling sympathy while Carta loses conscientiousness in her wrecked mobile suit isn't a bad thing. It just occurs to me that Gjallarhorn hasn't encountered an enemy like in in centuries. Pride goes from the fall after all. I mean the series isn't subtle in a lot of its messages. This is obvious but I get the feeling Takadan is going to pair up with the remain of Gjallhorn because a storm is brewing which should be interesting to see how they respond to their new allies.
>>
>>14165098
I agree fully with you in that she was a naive, grandstanding fool. But she had ideals that she stuck to, for better or worse. And I think there was something sad about watching those ideals die with her. Like deep down, she represented what Gjallarhorn and the general nobility used to stand for, and what they have to be now to fight Tekkadan.
>>
>>14164528
>Ein
>best character

The only character worse than Ein was Kudelia. He shouldn't have lived long enough to be the final boss.
>>
>>14165111
War is not some beautiful romanticized thing in which two sides meet ahead of time discussion details come to terms and then march into the field to fight fair and square and I think that was one of the core concepts they really rammed home again and again. The new ways, the old ways, and the modern ways of fighting were all on display throughout the series and I really admired that. Even though it was hamfisted about it at times.
>>
>>14164570
>actually using 'show not tell': uses music and actually playing out the scenes like flashback properly to narrate the character's motivations with minimal exposition
Except this isn't done with intention because of the narrative its done because its condensed the characterization and plot details from the manga to fit the format so everyone is just one-dimensional.
>>
>>14164638
>Only thing we didn't have is a whore turned pilot
The fuck do you think Fedora Fellini's crew was?
>>
>>14164358
Gundam is already horror. Just look at those zeek faces when they see a Gundam.
>>
>>14165111
Honestly, thinking about it, I feel as if Gjallarhorn's actually the Federation to Tekkadan's Zeon.
Chocoman isn't Char, he's Scirocco.

That's clearly not the reading we're supposed to get from it, though.
>>
>>14165206
Oh please, that one scene of cripple trying out the psycho system in the lab while having flashack of his life was already way more meaningful than whatever shit IBO did. Or the simple gesture where cripple failed to grab the bottle post amputation. That the OVA cut out the others doesn't change the point because those scene were pretty much right out of the manga and conveyed what needed to be conveyed without needing people to repeat it over and over again.

This is shown in the manga too, especially in the later part where Io is seen bonding with Bianca over their little music sessions. If it's IBO, there'll be people shouting about being comrades for the 100th time. That's why, condensing or not, even if they do a faithful adaptation, I'd still say the same thing: thunderbolt does show and tell better than IBO.
>>
>>14164638
It would have been perfect if it had a better director.

>25 eps that could have easily been 15
>far too little action, sometimes 3 episodes between fights
>which would be okay as it's trying to be a character driven story
>but they have too many characters to fully flesh out, so most are shallow one note nobodies
>political subplot written by people that know absolutely nothing about politics
>predictable plot twists and death flags handled with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer
>goes full Godzilla 2015 and doesn't show the battles at the finale
>saw Season 2 coming with NotChar doing absolutely nothing until 20 eps in
>MC with balls! that turns out to be a dull monster with absolutely no conscience, empathy or remorse
>terribly unlikable villain with the most dull and flat characterization and motivations in the entire series
>absolutely no balls leaving us hanging thinking 3 names were offed in 15 seconds
>lol they're still alive

Holy shit, the incompetence is astonishing.
>>
>>14165341

Couldn't have said it better, exactly my thoughts as well on this series.
>>
>>14164332
>I'm not sure what I'd want next. What about you?
More dumb shit.
>>
>>14164570
one adandons his humanity the other abandons his body
>>
>>14165341
>predictable plot twists and death flags
I don't think predictability in itself is a bad thing. It's just bad in how they execute it. e.g. would have been better if Akihiro talked about hit outoto much earlier while mucking about in the ship, give a couple of episodes, THEN show the pirates. Same goes for Fumina. There's no impact with going directly from flashback to killing her off. You need time to slowly build off that shit. What IBO did was literally Naruto tier.
>>
>>14165517
They fucked it up when stuff was shown earlier though. We all knew fumi was bad since mafia colony. It just made us bored waiting with fuck else happening

The shows real issue is the writing is just awful, I just mean at the core not any method.
>>
I'd watch a Gundam show set in medieval times where the Gundams use magic to fight for Kingdoms
>>
>>14165341
>MC with balls! that turns out to be a dull monster with absolutely no conscience, empathy or remorse

That's what I find to be kind of fascinating about Mika, though. He clearly has emotions and is capable of passion, but he's slow to show it, especially in combat where he knows there's rarely a place for it. A big part of what kept IBO somewhat engaging to me was discovering the depths of this, and if any character would come along that could make him tick.

The closest was probably Carta.
>>
>>14165882
>, but he's slow to show it
No he isn't, he just barely shows it. He has normal relationships with all of tekkadan, he just isn't emotive outside of tiny moments which mostly come down to he looks slightly shocked for a second. Even those never really get properly addressed like the kiss which becomes Kudelia being an idiot for and episode and then leads to nothing. The only time you could sort of say he was slow to show was with Kudelia, but even that wasn't it he just outright disliked her and then got over it and started treating her the same way he treats everyone else.

>discovering the depths of this
This never happens. We never get deep into why he is like this, we never see anything surprising. Even when we see him as a kid they never get into this as he's the same bland self. The one moment he is challenged on how he is fine with killing he goes yeah I guess and then it leads to nothing. He's bland and under developed not deep.

Like a lot of thinks people say is good about IBO, it is really a tiny badly handled bit they like the idea of so extrapolate out further than the show ever bothered.
>>
>>14165954
>This never happens.
Sure, and I suppose that's ultimately a disappointment. But it's still something I enjoyed about the show.
>>
>>14165341
>>political subplot written by people that know absolutely nothing about politics

In fairness, Gundam is almost universally completely and utterly horrible at handling politics in a believable manner, and most things are in general.

00, the only Gundam show that tried, gave up about halfway through S1.
>>
>>14166099
why do people have to bring other series in, let's just keep it IBO and it's shittyness or are you people too mad for that
>>
>>14166109
Nah, I don't like IBO and this is one thing I'll allow: gundam's politics, and "anime" politics in general, are always clumsily executed and stupid. IBO doesn't even stand out in that regard at all and isn't even close to one of the worst offenders.
>>
>>14165954
Mika's response to Kudelia's freak out at his kiss was "you didn't like it?" Why wouldn't he drop it if he seems like he got rejected? He just shrugs and moves on, because he did it for feeling attracted to her at the moment. Mika shows consideration for Akihiro, tries to comfort Shino in his own way (and checked up on him in the first place) after Shino's failed mission, has shown plenty of kindness to Atra, has shown a protectiveness over Orga .. in general, he's just not a very open person. He's not stoic though, so it's not a repressed thing, he just is very casual with his feelings and acts like it's a given that people know that he cares. The only real disappointment in him is that him realizing he liked killing and got a thrill from it led to nowhere. It's stupid since he's the main character and every opportunity they had to really develop interesting conflict in him was just ignored.
>>
>>14166121

>Gundam politics
>in Wing the political conflict comes down to bad people who like war and good people who like peace

It's such a teenager-y simplistic worldview that I cringe every time Relena starts talking.
>>
File: skFb8hR.jpg (79 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
skFb8hR.jpg
79 KB, 506x900
Thought I'd post this here rather than make a new thread. Anything of interest in this? I heard it says it's going to put some elements of the original story all in season 2. I hope that means everyone is killed off and we're free.
>>
>>14166132
I think that's my least favorite bullshit, and that's saying a lot, considering Gundam is built on the concept of coming to understanding with people who are violently oppressing or attacking you or out to destroy your society by way of fantastical ex machina, and painting those with a more pragmatic view as less evolved.
>>
>>14164332

What appealed to me about the original Gundam was the rising scale of the action. Throughout the show there's a sense that the characters live in a world where other things are happening, and eventually they get swept up in these greater events after we get to know them through their earlier individual actions.

In IBO they flirted with this with the workers failed revolution and showing the disparity between classes. That was the most interesting part of IBO, but instead of going further with that, Kudelia just used it as an excuse to be more sugoi. Weird Beard then becomes their outside involvement, but it's just politicians being politicians in the vaguest of ways and not compelling.

The Gjallerhorn characters were more interesting than any of the Tekkadan characters, except maybe Biscuit.

What I want next is a series about real people doing real things in a realistic world. With robots.
>>
>>14166127
>Why wouldn't he drop it if he seems like he got rejected?
Because you don't introduced a moment like that, have it be a huge moment and then do nothing with it. That is bad story telling.
>>
>>14166180
Really? I found it relieving because I was afraid they were going to do a retarded romance but didn't. We already had enough stupid things distracting from more important shit, we didn't need that as well. The moment also highlighted both of their characters inexperience: Mikazuki acts impulsively on feelings but does not dwell on them, Kudelia is sheltered and it was a lead in to a loss of her innocence. She was fretting about it the next day and worrying about girly stuff and then lost Fumitan and had to get serious and think about more important things. Their friendship became stronger that way. Not every expression of attraction has to lead to something finalized or grand.
>>
Girls und Gundam of course.
>>
>>14166194
>I found it relieving because I was afraid they were going to do a retarded romance but didn't.
But we got the retarded bit of Kudelia going "what is kissu am I pregegrs?" anyway so it's not like we missed that, it just literally went no where. Plus it would still be bad story telling anyway, you don't introduce such a huge element leaving the episode on that note (over the break I believe) to no use it fully

>Their friendship became stronger that way
The bit which changed their relationship was after the speech where we discovered Kudelia is the most amazing, how they act towards each other didn't change after either bits mind we just got the whole jerking her off
>>
>>14166221
I mean, you're really simplifying it because of your distaste, but that's okay because I don't really feel strongly about that scene. I would have preferred it didn't exist at all as I felt no chemistry or build up, but Mikazuki kissing her on a whim also is IC for him, since he is straight forward and always takes the path of least resistance in going for the kill. Their bond is not believable to me at all and I don't actually get that he feels anything for her but apathy or vague "like", but since they decided to introduce it, I had no problem with it on Mikazuki's side. Kudelia acted retarded, yes, especially for someone supposedly so well read, but that's because it ups her "cute" factor, just like her not even knowing how to cut vegetables does. It's dumb and she's just written poorly and I can't really defend them making her make a big deal of it and then dropping it, just like I can't defend how quickly Fumitan dropped her class resentment of Kudelia. I guess she just had motherly love for her deep down, just as Kudelia ended up having to focus on other things rather than Mika.
>>
>>14166237
So you wrote a very rambling reply to tell me, you don't care but don't disagree?

You really just don't have to respond then, this isn't IBO so we don't need long speeches which say fuck all
>>
>>14164332
I want a series where anaheim is the main antagonist after a feddie and zeek team up against anaheims super secret monster gundam. dirty dealings on both sides and everyones is against and out to get the two main characters for what they know. also both characters will have a buddy cop aspect where they dont quite like each other and are always trying to top each other.
>>
>>14166275
No more animated Zeeks (and no Federation before 100 UC), but I'd like to see the concept. Maybe just a manga.
>>
>>14166157
As far as I know, S2 will not reuse the concepts they dropped from Season 1. It's kind of a shame really because they were basically what we were waiting for. As we continue to discuss the show I've come to think the hundred different writers ruined the series more than anything else, with the director taking fault for not being able to make it work despite the problems.
>>
>>14164410
>Do you realize what you just did?

He must be on the wrong board.
Tell gim to go back to ANN/Animeclick.
>>
>>14164913
I guess we won't come to terms on this. There are good ways to show the meaninglessness of life during wartime, but simply having a hamfisted funeral once is not the way to go about it. No scenes showing how they are forced to quantify the lives they're willing to expend for tactical gains. Is this building worth the guaranteed death of 10 Mobile Workers? How many minutes can a life buy, and how many extra will be sent to give them a buffer? Do you cut it close and risk everything or send 3 extra to their deaths, which may turn out to be totally unnecessary? How does Orga feel about spouting family while treating them no different from how CGS did? Do they remember the faces of the kids who died last week? Shino's leadership brushed upon this kind of thing but it focused too much on Shino not being able to take the stress of a bad decision instead of showing the effects of the decision itself. Tekkadan feels small because we look at the same 8 guys all the time, plus that one single group of kids. No time is spent exploring the ship or having multiple people around at once outside of a very few, select scenes. Probably because it cut into the budget but that's no excuse.

And becoming attached to someone is not the same as having them develop. That goes for Kudelia and the rest of the crew.

Not saying you're shit but I was given very little reason to care about this series.
>>
>>14164332
Yeah, IBO was pretty much a monkey paw series.

>You want a show about mercenaries on mars? HERE YOU FUCKING GO!
>>
>>14166247
Nah, I was just telling you that you were flattening the scenes and then overreacting to them, but that I'm not defending them as good writing: just explainable and understandable.
>>
File: CdVAHrLUYAE14rs.jpg (48 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
CdVAHrLUYAE14rs.jpg
48 KB, 600x346
I was mentally prepared to hate IBO yet somehow ended up genuinely enjoying it. The story is a weak five, yet it's told in a fairly entertaining way (00 being exact opposite for me; seemingly exciting things told in an eyerollingly banal way) and I actually liked the cast of IBO. Even fujobait Gaylordhorn brigade has won some of my sympathy in the end. Kudelia should have gotten less spotlight, but I guess every mecha in their own way pays tribute to some sugoii teen princess, who's made relevant by force. Orga was the character I cared for most for whatever reason. Atra and Naze along with his space harem were also fun to follow (for comparison, 00 had none such characters, for a moment I felt a glimpse of something for Lockon, but it was just a trick to build up sympathy before they killed him off working on me). I guess this is it, main reason why I am not able to shitmouth IBO is because it was that one gundam that was fun. As disappointingly unpretentious as that might sound.
>>
>>14166382
>How does Orga feel about spouting family while treating them no different from how CGS did?

Orga is beating and (possibly implied) raping them? He's forcing them on suicide missions rather than giving them the option to back out? He's lying to them about his plans and leaving them to die thinking that they're going to be recieving backup and support?
>>
File: mookazooki.jpg (26 KB, 268x478) Image search: [Google]
mookazooki.jpg
26 KB, 268x478
>>14166529
Out of curiosity, what about that implied rape? Did they seriously hinted that?
>>
>>14166529

He's obviously treating them better but he's still using them as child soldiers, which isn't cool no matter how many times you have a "muh family" realization. I could have swallowed it a little easier if he only took the older teens, but we see some of the younger staff on the journey to Earth are what, ten, eleven years old?
>>
>>14164332
Big coorporations taking over the world. Gundam are their secret weapons.
>>
>>14164332

The general idea of Gundam 00 (giant robots under the control of no nation appear and begin enforcing their idea of justice, there's a lot of debate about vigilantism, enforcing your morality through force, and how all this destabilized international politics), except without the peace princess or a lot of what made season 2 go off the rails.
>>
>>14166578
No, the crunchysubs every group uses mistranslated punching bags as toys to relieve their stress
>>
>>14166619
So Armored Core 4: the animation?
>>
>>14166680
But that was the correct translation
>>
I wish IBO had actually just been about the orphans staking their claim like I thought it was going to be at the beginning. The first like three episodes are quite good.

The first OP gives a completely different IBO than the one we got after around episode 3

The IBO show shown in OP1 is about a bunch of revolutionary young kids who have been oppressed and are fighting to claim their freedom. They fight shirtless in their mobile workers as Barbatos leads the charge against their enemies as they fight to survive. The story is about the brotherly bond between Mikazuki and Orga who will clearly have some kind of aniki/otouto relationship. Also there's some girls or something I guess, whatever they're not important. The show we got is literally the opposite and there's too much of a focus, or should I say pretending to have a focus, on Kudelia.

I stopped watching at around episode 10 and meant to catch up but I heard nothing but bad things so I stopped. I also really didn't like the animation.
>>
>>14166585

The kids want to prove their worth to Orga. They could have stayed on Mars but they wanted better lives for everyone in Tekkadan. This is their first and possibly last job. If Tekkadan fails this family is all but doomed.

>>14166529

And mistreatment in general. The first episode shows how First Unit was eating full course meals and the kids eat nothing but corn gruel. And to speak nothing of the Brewers which are on par with Earth Alliancr in Destiny for most evil and unlikable faction
>>
>>14166816

>We want to go with you to help, Orga!
>Ha ha ha, fuck no. Me, Biscuit, Mika and Space Guts are gonna do some mercenary and security work, you stay here so the growth of the farm and the conversion of child soldiers into cheerful and happy kids lends an ongoing structure to our relatively episodic adventures.
>>
>>14166806
I know what you mean, I was expecting the serie go in the lines of the kids liberating themselves from their slavers, seeing the situation on mars, others PMC or gjllahorn trying to take control over them, they defend themselves, things escalated, they meet peace princess, join her cause of making Mars free, S1 ends with them expulsing any earth military force from Mars, this is see as a declaration of war and a mars vs earth conflict in the horizont for S2
>>
>>14166847
Yeah see that's exactly where I thought it was going and it sounds much more interesting than the long escort quest the show ended up being
>>
>>14164434

As long as they don't spend 10 episodes of filler bouncing around in space.
>>
>>14165080
One of the reasons you could feel bad is because she was totally helpless, Mika took his time killing her and to that point it was obvious she CAN'T fight, and if that info is real, this were her first real fights, so you had a idealisitc rookie fighting for honor and stuff, agains at ruthless and angry vetetan, Mika usually goes quickly for the kill but he clearly wanted Carta to suffer.
>>
>>14166157
do you have a bigger picture? this is an interview with nagai and it's giving a lot of stuff on s2, but i don't know what a lot of words are because it's small.
>>
>>14166934
maybe if she was cute, and not fucking retarded.
>>
>>14166941

He wanted her to suffer because he recognized by her voice that she'd killed Biscuit, who couldn't fight back against her and had had no choice but to run because of it. Unsuccessfully in his case too. It was a cycle of violence that wasn't supposed to have clear cut good and bad but leave you feeling shitty about the whole thing I'd imagine. It's a pity it only happened so late and that a lot of the rest of the show was clowning on idiots like the Brewers who went against that type so that it comes off as out of place.
>>
>>14164358
Are the gundams singing alien vampires?
>>
>>14164332
Gundam where a colony divided by two space regions under two differing governmental systems are locked in a tense Cold War styled battle of staring each other down.

Where in that colony, there's definitely a neutral-zone divide and each side is wary of each other, but there are occasional moments of comedy and camaraderie between the two factions.

So I guess what I'm asking for is Cold-War Patlabor in space.
>>
>>14165517
It was really bad with Biscuit. Everything's business as usual and then it's like they flipped a switch and he suddenly has a problem with how Orga does things and he wants to leave, having an argument...no we'll talk about all of this later after this mission...did you forget that I have two sisters and that I'm the only one providing for them?
>>
>>14167146
That wasn't the worst part of that bit though. It was that Carta was dragged away from mika, in her ms, by another ms, while under Mika cause he got a bit distracted which we didn't see it just happened next episode. Then literally achieve nothing but have the same chain of events of we are too stupid for war and die quick

IBO had a habit of playing out very similar events and arcs for no real reason but filling time
>>
>>14165098
>I hate oujo-sama type characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfaF5otJv0
>>
>>14167146
This is the retarded thing that you guys always do when discussing IBO. Say stuff made no sense or was out of nowhere when it really wasn't. There are a lot of things to bring up about how absolutely retarded the character writing was, but this isn't one of them.

"Flipped a switch" -- his brother committed suicide as a direct reaction to their actions as being unwitting pawns in a false flag operation that killed a bunch of union workers, including someone close to his brother. That wouldn't make someone contemplate what they're doing with their life at all? He doesn't have a huge problem with what Orga is doing suddenly, it's that he agreed to the original mission ...which was to get Kudelia to Earth. Once they're at Earth, he brings up to Orga that he thinks now that they've completed the mission, they really should think about things like mortality and danger and just try to get home safe rather than build themselves up and build status and allies. Orga wants to further the mission and is getting mixed up in politics.

Literally none of it was out of the blue and was a natural fall out of the boring-ass Dort colony arc, as well as held natural questions to ask once they'd completed the essentials of their given task to escort Kudelia to Earth.
>>
File: 1461277453419.jpg (151 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1461277453419.jpg
151 KB, 1366x768
>>14167335
>>
>>14167498
Congratulations, yoy didn't explain a damn thing.
>>
>>14167563
You've already proven yourself to be kind of stupid, but I thought you'd at least recognize "this is why there was natural conflict between biscuit and orga" in response to your baseless hand flapping over your inability to understand writing that isn't all that complicated. You really are some kind of accident.
>>
>>14166237
Eh, I think it should have been orga who kissed her.
He was drunk she was freaking out he kissed her she stepped back he kissed her harder, grabbing her wrist and pushing her against the wall, she's shocked but looks to be into it but then comes to her senses and pushes him back
He smiles drunkenly and says "cold feet"
She gathers her senses and slaps him hard across the face before storming off
Orga is oft on the sauce or completely blitzed out of his skull after even a successful mission, mainly because he can't deal with the guilt of sending others who he sees as his family out to die.

As for her innocent demeanor, maybe they should push that she's well read and seemingly worldy but doesn't have any real practical knowledge and have her inexperience being exposed in her actions.
Like thinking she can at least cook but sucks at it. A slight tsunder thing that shows how she's sheltered and intelligent and well read but doesn't really understand the subjects she's read about is more organic and endearing.

Oh and she and orga still remember it and spend half of their time trying to act as if everything is great.

The thing with atra creating a mini harem with kordelia and mika could be a bit of a running gag.
>>
>>14166247
>>14166237

>this isn't IBO so we don't need long speeches which say fuck all
rekt
>>
>>14166275
>Kidou Senshi Gundam: Lord of War
>>
>>14166275

Zeon would just buy the Gundam using space gold, repaint it and use it on the Feds. Which is kind of the point. Anaheim don't have to use a monster Gundam because they're better off just selling it to one side or the other and continuing on as business men and not an private army.
>>
>>14167686
This is so bad it hurts. Like it's even worse than what IBO had.
>>
>>14167864
not in my plot they wont. they wont have time with the protags up their ass all the time and sabotaging shit
>>
>>14167950

Even if a Fed force crashed several of their facilities and killed the bosses simultaneously, what exactly would that do? They're still just going to go along with it, then go back to making mobile suits under new bosses when the Federation gets tired of swatting them. They still won't pilot against them or start a big conflict because they're a company, not an army. It's like expecting McDonalds to put up a fire fight against the US Army or something.
>>
>>14167983
it isnt a fed force its just two soldiers trying to survive with some secret intel thats putting their lives on the line. theres no major conflicts just minor scuffles as both protags try to avoid feddie and zeek forces. sure anaheim will sell shit and even try to set them up by using their connections with both sides but they will need to defend themselves against these guys because they arent working for political reasons they're just trying to fuck anaheim up. they arent an army just two rogue aces.
>>
>>14168048

Anaheim have no reason to fight two lone aces though. They'd either hire someone else to fight those guys for them or ask the Feds to do it, because, again, they're a company, not a PMC.
>>
>>14168048
But why does Anaheim have a rogue monster Gundam (plus there are enough one-off side story gundams in the OYW, thank you)? What do they know that's so important? You think that the buyer wouldn't bring in protection to transfer the MS?
>>
>>14166833

War was the only thing the debris knew. But if they prove their worth in this battle, they will not only get paid but do something that no debris think of. Being part of a pivotal moment of history. Without the help of the Debris, the push would had failed

And being a family means contributing to the family in any way you can.
>>
>>14164332
I've always wanted a fantasy AU of gundam with magic armor and shit
>>
>>14164510
>I felt that the main cast was at least fleshed out more so then most gundam casts
This is a joke right? Gundam X, a show that was axed, had the characters develop far more than IBO with its stactic characters
>>
>>14164332
>issues about it is quality
>>
>>14164332
We don't really need more Gundam.
>>
File: Nagai Field.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nagai Field.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
This is what happens when you get fucking Nagai to direct a goddamn series, it only brings disappointment and rage, the faggot managed to fuck a goddamn adaptation, its really no wonder he managed to fuck up even more a whole new story with no original work to guide him
>>
>>14168794
is he directing season 2 because I remember someone saying something about them changing directors
>>
File: 1425196958762.gif (393 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1425196958762.gif
393 KB, 500x375
>>14168764
I disagree, having a pair of closet lesbians doesn't make a full developed cast. The doctor was good but all the characters were for the most part static. I just finished the series earlier this year. Maybe refresh my memory a bit on the character development I missed out during X?
>>
File: 1440976612658.png (533 KB, 737x1093) Image search: [Google]
1440976612658.png
533 KB, 737x1093
>>14168794
>it only brings disappointment and rage
I think the community is mostly mixed. This series is certainly love it or hate it. I mean I get the disappointment but not so much the rage. I know most have turned the blinders on and have just reduced to calling it shit but I don't think IBO isn't without some merits.
>>
>>14165641
So Escaflowne?
>>
>>14168896

>>having a pair of closet lesbians

What?
>>
File: 1425889935571.jpg (30 KB, 331x242) Image search: [Google]
1425889935571.jpg
30 KB, 331x242
>>14169226
>What?
>What?
>What?
>>
File: 55551167_p0.jpg (268 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
55551167_p0.jpg
268 KB, 714x1000
Here's hoping S2 ratchets things up a bit. Or at least spends more time on actual conflicts and not more MUH BONDING.
>>
File: 47515701_p3_master1200.jpg (134 KB, 375x558) Image search: [Google]
47515701_p3_master1200.jpg
134 KB, 375x558
>>14169226

Those two were pretty damn gay.
>>
>>14168645

Again, you're just coming back to "because family" to justify the use of child soldiers. The season could have been written so the same escort quest only took crew aged at least as old as your average Gundam protag (15-16) and been way less gross.
>>
>>14167498
But that isn't how it went

His brother dies off screen and is cheeply thrown in, instead of actually doing shit with the character. It was just well we did the one thing he was for so kill him. Then Biscuit instead of explaining his issue has a melodramatic rant, again for cheap drama. We dont get into any of the things you pretend they do, it is a well maybe at best. This isnt ecpanded on through a series of arguements it is just that amd then biscuit follows him anyway. So now have both characters grow? Nope kill biscuit for, you guessed it cheap drama. But then we see Orga really develop by, acting the same as ever but occasionally people say I'm worried

You are trying to attach lots to it which at best were one lines, but we all know why they did it and how it did just come out of no where to use up characters
>>
>>14164392
>Most gundam series have a back drop of war or maybe war is on the horrizon etc. etc.
Did you watch the show there is a revolt on the horizon? How many times was the word revolution used?

>this series was just about a bunch of guys in over their heads trying to get the job done
Describes almost every gundam

> I never knew that before this series that a cast of characters on a gundam series wasn't really anything more then either a mouth piece for the writter or basically just a 2 dimensional character, but I actually felt real things for these guys and not just because they were kids
All the characters were simple.

> When they had casualties it was actually sad. When they lost one of their number it was genuinely sad. I like that. A series that has good action, giant robots, and makes me feel things is great in my book. I guess I'm just easy to please though especially as far as gundam goes.
You were sad when who died Traitor Tits? Fatass McDeathflag?
>>
>>14164392
>When they had casualties it was actually sad. When they lost one of their number it was genuinely sad
Yeah, especially when only one named tekkadan boy died
>>
File: IronBloodedLesbians.png (1 MB, 1088x842) Image search: [Google]
IronBloodedLesbians.png
1 MB, 1088x842
>>14169226
>>14169236
>>14169351
Oh, I thought ya'll were referring to this scene at the end of the last episode. I was getting kind of a gay vibe off of Azee.
>>
>>14169610
For having her skull crushed she was in great shape there
>>
>>14169626
is it wrong that i used to really like this show and was hoping it would get a second season, right up until her and the blond bimbo didn't get killed?

to me that just took me out of the mood of the show and just told me "we'll bring back anyone from the dead" i'm getting that seed plotarmor vibe.

i fully expect not garma to come back to life just because i don't believe the show has any integrity left
>>
>>14169631
Well being the third time it happened I wasn't very surprised
>>
>>14169631
No the same thing happened with Aldnoah Zero, though it was more disliked to begin with.

I'm not sure if it is better or worse that they didn't wait until the second season to show that they were fine.

I would say that most Mecha shows have quite a bit of plot armor involved, but flaunting it is never good.
>>
>>14169655
When were the other two times?
>>
>>14169666
Blonde kid with the magic jacuzzi and robo Ein. Both got crushed while in space and were able to be fixed up.

Ein doesn't seem as bad at first, but then you realise they can justify bringing anyone back they just need robo bits
>>
File: 1455478635497.gif (478 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1455478635497.gif
478 KB, 480x270
>>14169671
Forgot about the blond kid and didn't know if you were counting Ein.
>>
>>14169671
I was honestly expecting RoboFumitan to show up.
>>
>>14168896
You what, I don't remember there being lesbians in Gundam X, also Garrod himself goes through changes during the show even more so when his Gundam had the main weapon disabled
>>
>>14168913
The funny part about your pic is that it more or less happened in the last episode thanks to how the previous one ended and I will laugh forever more if he bring back someone who clearly died like Ein or Galli next season
>>
>>14169853

>>14169351
>>
>>14164370
It was clearly undercut by ~MEMES~ Since most people who shitpost about it haven't seen it
>>
>>14169853
They end up bonding while meeting each other in a city later (after the sea arc). "Lesbians" is a pretty big stretch though. There was nothing sexual about their relationships and both were shown to be interest in men at other points.
>>
>>14169587
Degenerate shitposting scum
>>
>>14169351
NOT GAY ENOUGH.

BY FAR NOT GAY ENOUGH.
>>
File: 53177040_p0.jpg (249 KB, 1134x1600) Image search: [Google]
53177040_p0.jpg
249 KB, 1134x1600
>>14169262
Well, they are replacing the director, who seemed to have been part of the problem, since he basically said: "I don't know what do with the child soldier premise."

Okada's original outline for the series was apparently a lot more dire, dirty and death heavy.
>>
>>14170543
This better be accurate, because even being offensively bad would be better than insultingly dull, at this stage.
>in before the second season goes full Zeta/Victory levels of carnage
>>
File: 56474222_p0.png (495 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
56474222_p0.png
495 KB, 1000x1414
>>14166948
Carta was cute. Carta was best girl material.
>>
>>14169626
She didn't literally take an axe to the skull, her cockpit was never breached. She just apparently took some hard hit to the head. IBO is weird with that kind of shit.

>>14169610
Azee pretty much never shows affection for Naze. The only line she really says to that effect was the one episode promo where she said "What's that? Don't cheat on you? Baka, I'd never do that..." It could just be she's really introverted and displays affection much more privately, but it's also cute to think she's really in love with Amida and just plays the part of a wife in order to be near her.
>>
>>14169655
>>14169671
at the very least they almost died, here the two girls barely get affected.

>>14169658
>but flaunting it is never good

the only example of that being good i found was in xabungle, which hardly took itself seriously to begin with, but when it did, it even had more people dead then IBO, which...is saying something.

>>14170543
i see nothing wrong with this, i just want a mecha show that will give me a reaction, After war gundam X is the only gundam to not give me anything other then apathy and i'd rather not add IBO to the list.
>>
File: 1449109870566.png (131 KB, 371x256) Image search: [Google]
1449109870566.png
131 KB, 371x256
>>14170482
Thats why I said "closet lesbians" in my original post about this. Sure nothing happened between the two but the overtones were clearly there.
>>14169853
I mean garrod finds a reason to fight sure and devotes himself to the physic girl but I really wouldn't call that a character arc. Thats fine if you remember it differently. To me the biggest change happened in like the first 4 or 5 episodes and then Garrod just becomes typical gundam pilot for the next 30. I mean hell he even gets tempted to sell off the gundam at around episode 15 and toward the end of the series he has to use his thief skills to get Tiffa back. I didn't mind this. The series was clearly rushed given its number of episodes. Its just the average thing to do when you are more focused on motivations for action rather then making your characters more interesting or memorable.
>>
File: 45748861_p9.jpg (94 KB, 703x482) Image search: [Google]
45748861_p9.jpg
94 KB, 703x482
>>14170482

They can be bi.
>>
>>14164332
Man, IBO's promotional art is very misleading.
>>
>>14170619
They're not. Nagai just did an interview about getting into season 2. It's the animation director they're replacing.
>>
File: 1455313216675.gif (795 KB, 245x168) Image search: [Google]
1455313216675.gif
795 KB, 245x168
>>14173423
>>
>>14173320
>I mean hell he even gets tempted to sell off the gundam at around episode 15
That was in the Ennil El arc, which happened right after he joined the Freeden crew. That arc dealt with him being unused to working with others and even receiving sympathy from them.

There's also the bit later around the Double X's debut where he attempts to minimize casualties but ends up forced to quickly throw that away since it wasn't practical in the battlefield and he had to give his all in order to win.
>>
>>14175818
Yeah I guess the character takes a few steps forward but I still wouldn't say the character changes much through the series.
>>
File: 1434495559729.jpg (49 KB, 410x389) Image search: [Google]
1434495559729.jpg
49 KB, 410x389
>>14169610
Oh I didn't get any lesbian overtones at all from the girls. The brown scared chest one just kinda seems more motherly or more or less like the mother on their crew. I scoffed at them writing off his "harem of girls crew" as basically just a home for lost women and that he doesn't fuck them all but the more I thought about it that does seem more realistic and the implication of a harem is a very silly thing in this pretty grounded series.
>>
File: 171, dance you varmint.webm (542 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
171, dance you varmint.webm
542 KB, 640x360
>>14164434
Replace the mode idol chicks with moe gundams.
Bam, now the cg totally works.
>>
>>14164332
I want a Gundam series that takes place in deep space, or has straight up magic. Not vaguely defined newtype magic, but magic.
Maybe for the prior, something like Star Trek ver. 00, following the exploits of Kusanagi after its fateful departure at the end of 00.

I also like the idea of a SoL where all the characters are mobile suits, and the humans are the adults of the series. (Roles like teachers, parents, drug dealers, principle, police officer, etc.)
>>
File: i11183198688.jpg (266 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
i11183198688.jpg
266 KB, 640x500
Female
Pilot
MC
>>
>>14164332
Legend of the Gundam Heroes.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.