[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Getter Robo Saga the closest mecha has to offer as an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: gettersaga.jpg (81 KB, 1175x650) Image search: [Google]
gettersaga.jpg
81 KB, 1175x650
Is the Getter Robo Saga the closest mecha has to offer as an art? The avant garde styling of both the characters and the machines seems to be something that the mechanical and character designers of today seem to avoid entirely.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a case of Saga being something of a pinnacle in both Japanese art and Japanese story telling. The themes of evolution as well as strength through conflict seem so common and reoccurrent that I can't help but see it as not only a classic piece of mecha history, but as a piece of art to the world.

Why is it that NOTHING has come close to matching the quality of Saga's art and story telling? Is the mediocrity of today's Japanese artist because of their blatant lack of skill, or is Ishikawa just among the greatest storytellers of the world?
>>
>>14163862
That OP can have his fun but I can't?
>>
>>14163886
>phone posting
Fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>14163894
hi spic
>>
>>14163679
Hola hermano, ¿qué pasa?
>>
>>14168346
Damn right we do
>>
>>14168346
They're really spicfags at this point.
>>
>>14172357
What do you mean?
>>
getter is the best
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.