[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wouldn't it be hype as fuck if Greek mythology was adapted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 291x173
Wouldn't it be hype as fuck if Greek mythology was adapted into a super robot show?

Like full on Greek gods being anchent Mecha pilots fighting off hordes of kaiju size gorgons and Titans and shit.
>>
>>14159167
Mazinger Z.
>>
You're thinking too small, adapt the Iliad into a mecha show. Gods give different sides mechs.
>>
File: 230px-GodMazCover.jpg (34 KB, 230x328) Image search: [Google]
230px-GodMazCover.jpg
34 KB, 230x328
>>14159181
also God Mazinger, like what this anon was going with >>14159178
>>
>>14159188
In fairness, that one isn't subbed (yet).
>>
>>14159167
You mean Z Mazinger? Mazinger is literally fucking Zeus.
>>
>>14159181
Still too small.

Let's just turn all mythology's with God's into a Mecha show.

I want me some Thor vs Ra action.
>>
You want a mecha show where everyone rapes everyone else? Boy do I have the show for you
>>
Lord of Light with giant robots would be awesome
>>
>>14159181
Achilles isn't a sympathetic enough character to be the "hero". Plus most of the gods' shenanigans are actually pretty dumb and meaningless. I do like the idea of various Greek tales being adapted into condensed versions without politics and all that getting in the way. History and mythology are great but it wouldn't work in an adapted mecha story where the most important part is the robot beating the shit out of the other robot (or kaiju). Would you want it actual Greek with mecha or generic not!Greek civilization IN SPAACE?

>>14159198
No, I don't want Fate/Mecha Order, as cool as that sounds.
>>
>>14159258
,>Would you want it actual Greek with mecha or generic not!Greek civilization IN SPAACE?

Actual Greeks with bronze age styled Mecha. Of course!

Seriously, Talos is all ready a thing, why not just take that idea even further and make a full blown Mecha show with it.
>>
File: cyclops2.jpg (20 KB, 209x300) Image search: [Google]
cyclops2.jpg
20 KB, 209x300
>>14159258
I'm all in on it. I'm thinking literal Ancient Greeks with Mecha, we can call them taloses. Dickish gods give the Greeks give the Greeks and Trojans mechs. I'd probably make Odysseus the lead, and use him as a perspective character. Show the Trojan side from Hector perspective, and when he dies off his wife.
>>
>>14159291
Good choice, anon. I'd watch it.

Shamelessly repeating that I want more fantasy mecha shows, including Gundam fantasy. Non-sci-fi mecha are great.
>>
>>14159294
You have to make Achillies that one dick on the hero's side who eventually dies in the end.
>>
>>14159167
>Wouldn't it be hype as fuck if Greek mythology was adapted into a super robot show?
>Like full on Greek gods being anchent Mecha pilots fighting off hordes of kaiju size gorgons and Titans and shit.

That would rock.

It would rock even more if you went with Egyptian gods.
>>
>>14159206

There was only one rape. Jesus fuck. I've never understood the hate this show gets. You 4chan children are a bunch of faggot pussies.
>>
>>14159325
>getting triggered over a shitty joke

Tumblr is right over there pal.
>>
File: latest.jpg (673 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
673 KB, 1920x1080
>>14159167
>Ctrl+F
>No Heroic Age
Are you guys retarded or just new? Granted, it was a shitty show, but still.
>>
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 194x145) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 194x145
>>14159167
Guys, would there be laser spams in this setting?
>>
>>14159364
Because that show doesn't have Greek Gods in it you spud.
>>
>>14159364
I honestly forget it exits all the time. Also I don't remember it well, refresh me on its greekness. I just remember gold tribe, silver tribe, bron-bug tribe, Iron Tribe.
>>
>>14159181
So you want to give Achilles a giant robot?
>>
>>14159245

I love that that was only written so that author could use the "fit hit the Shan" pun he'd thought of.
>>
I once considered re-writing the Chinese civil war. The first part would be like the White Bases escape from Zeon, but with the long march. The CCP would steal a prototype mecha and transport it to their new Yuan base, all while evading attacks from Kai Shek

The sequel would be like Zeta Gundam, with the Titans being replaced by Red Guards.
>>
Reign: The Conqueror is sort of /m/ I think
>>
>>14159405

I'd love to see Romance of the Three Kingdoms with Transformers. Orion Pax as Lu Bei, Megatron as Cao Cao and mabye Predaking, Arachniad or someone as third warlord Sun Jian - each vying for control of Zeta Prime's empire.
>>
>no Fifteen Decisive Mecha Battles of the World
>no Hundred Years' War with Mecha
>no ancient campaigns, from Athenian to Persian to Alexandrian to Napoleon (not LoGH), with mecha
>>
File: IMG_0680.jpg (252 KB, 925x968) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0680.jpg
252 KB, 925x968
>>14159167
I'm so disappointed in you guys.
>>
>>14159198

In concept you could have each major pantheon be a different faction, so it would be the Greeks vs the Norse vs the Egyptians vs the Mayans?
>>
File: KnightofGilgamesh.jpg (68 KB, 397x580) Image search: [Google]
KnightofGilgamesh.jpg
68 KB, 397x580
I'd like to see some Hindu/Sumeria /m/echa.
>>
File: 11207.jpg (215 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
11207.jpg
215 KB, 1600x600
>>14159198
You know It's kind of sad the only shows I can think of that are true mythology blenders are Highschool DxD and Campione. Fate to a certain degree I guess too.
>>
>>14159167
>If Greek mythology was adapted into a super robot show

Anon ... do you even know about the actually Greek mythology?

It was full of pissy gods and goddesses being pissed off at each other. Hating humans for no real fucking reason some of the times. Zeus literally fucking everything while turning into anything. Sometimes against their will

The list goes on and on. I would be a weird fucked up show.

Remember, Zeus literally invented the Golden Shower.

I would be down for it.
>>
>>14159605
Eh, we needed a new Evangelion anyway.

Kids these days need more fucked up freudian imagrey in there lives.
>>
>>14159733
Only if we see a woman give birth to someone due to Zeus turning into a cloud of piss.
>>
>>14159762
Deal, I ever make this concept a comic/whatever I'll put that in solely because you asked.
>>
>>14159789
*if i
>>
>>14159789
As long as you are accurate to Greek mythology.

Yes that actually happened. He also fucked another woman as a bull. No its not the King Minos bull.
>>
>>14159258
Am I the only person who liked Achilles mor than Hector?
>>
Well, Talos is pretty /m/, I think. There is that.
>>
>>14159396
You.

I like you.
>>
Gigantic Formula, sort of. Man, even /m/ forgot about this show. Countries find the statues of ancient gods, use them to power giant mechs bearing the gods' namesake to fight in a global Gundam Fight thing. Nobody watched it because the character designs were horrid.
>>
OP, you might like Ilium and Olympos by Dan Simmons, though it's not giant robots
>>
>>14159364
The way his jacket ripples makes it look like cleavage.
>>
>>14159167
I just want the fucking Odyssey as an /m/ show, is that so much to ask? No, Ulysses 31 or whatever that one show was doesn't count, though it's neat enough I guess.

>>14159385
Do you remember Telebro, at least?
>>
>>14159605
Greek gods were quite human if you think about it.
They only do that kind of shit because they are gods and they can get away with that shit.

Hades, the guy in charge of the shittiest realm, is the sane man in comparision to Zeus and the others, but only because there isn't much written about him due to the greeks being afraid of him. One thing you can expect of him is that he wouldn't fuck with other people unless they pissed him off.
>>
>>14159167
From the top of my head
>Zeus fugging all the girls on the squad and some boys as well
>His mech has a bull form
>Heracles going mad half season and murdering everyone
>Tetis x Andromeda sexual tension
>Artemis being full tsun with most guys
FUCKING FUND THAT SHIT
>>
>>14159364
>Heroic Age
>shitty
You what?
>>
>>14159805
>He also fucked another woman as a bull.
Yurop always had it rough, huh?
>>
>>14161922
>hiraishit
>good
pick one fukuda
>>
>>14159181
The Illiad isn't even the complete story of Troy though...
>>
>>14160709
But it does have those loveable, quirky aliens.
>>
>>14160715
Yes, it looks like a lesbian show.
>>
>>14159206
My sides
>>
>>14160742

> Greek gods were quite human if you think about it.

That was somewhat the point. Greek Gods were just immortal humans who various things like thunder, wine and intelligence were attributed to. They anthropomorphized those things to understand them and made them extremely human in their thoughts, actions and failings because they weren't divine as we think of it, but capricious to explain why things could suddenly happen despite devotion. So Zeus was an asshole who might hurl lightning not because of a personal failure on the part of devotees, but because lightning is unpredictable, and so was he.

They imaged the Gods as literally humans who didn't need to worry about death (their name literally meant undying), so that their actions followed. They didn't have to worry about aging, or lack of fame or any of the other things Greek society worried about, so they just acted out their slightest fancy and base urges as they pleased - since that was the Greek view of what an immortal human would do.
>>
>>14160709
depends, how big are the moravecs?
Plenty of robots in illium ffs.
also great book, not the hardest science fiction out there but impressive if you've studied the illiad.
>>
>>14159364
>Heroic Age
>shitty

It had a bad case of blue-balling with the MC pairing, but it was definitely entertaining watching Age/Bellcross punch everything and anything to pieces.

>See that giant warship?
>You can punch it.
>See that asteroid with a bunch of bugmen?
>You can punch it.
>See that armada?
>You can punch it.
>See that abstract concept of nothingness?
>Punch it, punch it, punch it.
>>
>>14159294
>mfw Argolis Electronics OX79 'Herakles' gets a mid-season upgrade after defeating the Nemedian Lion kaiju
>>
>>14166860
>Punching without any merit is so cool lol XD
>>
>>14159198
>>14159526
Gotta have the Hindus too with their buzzsaws and nukes.
>>
>>14166915
I didn't say it was the brightest thing next to Space Circles in LOGH, but it was definitely entertaining. Which is more than I can say about your /v/-tier post. ;^)
>>
>>14159336

That's not....that's not how that works, anon. Do you need to lie down?
>>
>>14160742
>Greek gods were quite human if you think about it

That tends to happen when you're written by humans
>>
>>14159605
Oh, a Mazinger adaptation where the Myceneans act like the usual Go Nagai protagonists would be fun.
>>
>>14159857
Yes.

The Ant-boy was a prissy bint.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.