[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 13
File: diebuster-featured.jpg (157 KB, 1038x700) Image search: [Google]
diebuster-featured.jpg
157 KB, 1038x700
Do any of you gentle/m/en have the unedited audio of the Diebuster cast (Nono mainly, I think?) singing Fly High? All I can find now is someone's edit of the Gunbuster song together with it.
>>
>>14148644

Never even knew that was a thing
>>
File: 1461262212296.png (318 KB, 479x600) Image search: [Google]
1461262212296.png
318 KB, 479x600
Diebuster>Gunbuster

discuss
>>
>>14149186
I legit agreed with you. Diebuster just feels more unified than Gunbuster plot and presentation-wise
>>
>>14149192

I think the pay offs where better in Gun but Die had overall better pacing
>>
File: What I expected - Diebuster.png (725 KB, 1008x403) Image search: [Google]
What I expected - Diebuster.png
725 KB, 1008x403
Nope, don't have it.

>>14149186
They are fairly equal to each other.
But Diebuster get a lot of flack for being animated before 3D started being really great.
>>
They were both pretty solid.
>>
>>14149186
I hope you only posted this to spur discussion and keep the thread alive long enough for someone to help out OP. I'm honestly disappointed that the Gunbuster/Diebuster fanbase has to constantly say which work they like more than the other. If it was in a constructive manner, that'd be one thing, but every time it's just immature 'nuh uh' 'yeah huh'.

One day we'll all get over that mental hump of "they have to know which one I like more" and the board as a whole will be better for it.
>>
File: 1460244435461.gif (167 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1460244435461.gif
167 KB, 500x376
>>14149186
>>
>>14149496
That's one of the worst WEG images I've ever seen. Consider euthanization.
>>
>>14150006
Expecting any community on 4chan to have mature, reasonable discussion is...very optimistic of you, to put it mildly. I agree with the assessment, but you're more likely to see manchildren like >>14151507
>>
>>14151538
I wasn't even paying attention to the thread, I just saw a really shitty WEG on the front page. Diebuster is a poor successor to Gunbuster if you want my opinion though, the only thing it shared with the original is the universe. I felt it didn't capture the love Gunbuster had of sci-fi, titties, unrealistic but awesome (or awesomely unrealistic) idealism and a giant piloted robot beating the snot out of everything. That's all Gunbuster was built on and it shows. Diebuster doesn't capture the magic, it's just the anniversary homage to a great work they once made. I like that it is its own thing much more than if it had tried to piggyback any more from the original but I still didn't enjoy it so much.

So stop calling people manchildren because you're buttblasted about a shitty image you made.
>>
>You will never go out for ice cream with nono
>you will never laugh at each other's silly jokes
>you will never cuddle w her while watching gunbuster together and talking about how cool buster machines were
>you will never gently kiss her as you both start undressing each other
>you will never slowly escalate with her from sensual rubbing on the couch to furious pounding on the bed
>you will never hear her moan directly next to your eat as she locks her legs around you as you both finish, shaking like a leaf

Every day one less reason to go on.
>>
>>14149186
Diebuster felt like a reskinned Gunbuster. It had more to it though, but what if added didn't appeal to me.
>>
>>14151576
If you are so bummed you should now there's another school of thought about it.

You expected a copy of its faux realism, a superficial lookalike.
I think that would have been a mistake to do so.
Diebuster changed its artistic style entirely to match how it reversed all its themes (with even more attention to details than Gunbuster who didn't have a storyline originally).

Really, the only thing you can reproach to Diebuster is the graphic that don't convey as much details. Nowadays you could have CG animations with finer drawing than the best of the 90s
>>
I would kill babies for another show as great as these two. None of the stuff Trigger or Khara did is close to them. What a bummer.
>>
>>14151638
>you accidentally disrupt a vital circuit while in her vag
>she involuntarily BUSTAHH BEEAMUUs you and the whole house in half
>>
>>14152888

Tycho was my favorite character. Though I also really liked Jeung
>>
>>14153000
Tycho really was best girl.
>>
>>14153049
>>
Quatre Van Dix getting up is probably my favorite part of the series.
>>
>>14152888
Not him, but I think it's a little unfair to assume what peoples expectations were.

And I'll give my two cents while I'm at it, my big reproach is that while Diebuster is different from Gunbuster, that doesn't stop it from shameless Gunbuster throwbacks. I would've much rather'd they just scrap every single Buster Beam and Inazuma kick, honestly made me hate the show.
>>
>>14152888
The 40kfag copypasta never fails to make me cringe, and I say it as someone who likes Diebuster. So much projecting.

I wonder how he failed to grasp the incredibly obvious themes and allegories of Diebuster (it's about growing up - the Topless are children playing around for points, what they're afraid most is losing their powers as they get older, even their Buster Machines come packaged like toys!), and instead arrived at muh grimdark, muh cold war, muh Spartan spirit wank.
>>
I cried like a little bitch at the ending.

I knew what was gonna happen even before the last episode, but as soon as they turned off all the lights in preperation I lost it.
>>
>>14150006
You're funny.

>>14151538
One can only wonder why people don't strive to have mature discussions about cartoons.
>>
I want to marry background buster machine pilot
>>
File: 1203429065158BIG.jpg (340 KB, 745x1069) Image search: [Google]
1203429065158BIG.jpg
340 KB, 745x1069
>>14153222
You don't seem to realize that you do not contradict the copypasta, you simply didn't get the others themes the allusions were referring to.
Maybe you should just read it again and rewatch the OAV. we can't spoonfed you all the subtlety.
Mankind is learning to stop hiding behind their "toy", and later, their fear of change as we discover the Topless are human evolving toward what the Monster were.
In Diebuster Humanity as a whole is stagnating, its refusal to change led to suppressing memory of what they did.

>>14153209
> Not him, but I think it's a little unfair to assume what peoples expectations were.

Point,
Still, I would imagine most of the fanbase complain if there wasn't any link.

Also : what would have "Gunbuster 2" be, if you had a say ?

For me, of course the art style would change. Not necessarily to go back to the 90s, but to go back to the faux-realism of Gunbuster. You keep all Buster-machine toyetic design but it would have felt like metal titans with the power to level planet.
And yet... clear hints of incompletion. All of them missing something (The degeneracy-reactor of course).
The OAV would still all be about characters, the stagnation of humanity, but the SF part would have been at the level of Gunbuster.
So that when we discovers what the "monster" truly were, we already saw hint about them being manmade.

Also, proper fanservice and less cartoonish character. Diebuster can't look serious if none of the character do.
>>
File: vita.jpg (77 KB, 302x305) Image search: [Google]
vita.jpg
77 KB, 302x305
>>14154767
I like this one.
>>
I have a question
>>
>>14155785
ZENOUSAMA!!!
>>
>>14156050

I have a follow of question
>>
>>14155785
dem ultramen in suits
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.