[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gunbuster stronger than Mazinger Z/Great Mazinger? What about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 13
Is Gunbuster stronger than Mazinger Z/Great Mazinger?

What about Mazinkaiser?
>>
Yes but not as powerful as Grendizer
>>
>>14129382
Due to pure size alone without even taking into account other things, yes
>>
>>14129382
Gunbuster is at least three times as large as any of those and it can take out entire enemy fleets in one kick. The best Mazinkaiser can do is an exploding hammer throw against one enemy.

I'd say it's arguably the most powerful Gainax robot aside from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Gunbuster was in the epicenter of an explosion that destroyed an entire fucking galaxy and all that happened to it was that it lost its lower half. It's god damn invincible.
>>
>>14129400
>I'd say it's arguably the most powerful Gainax robot aside from Tengen Toppa Gurren

The Diebuster mechs would probably stomp it.

I don't think even Gainax realized how ridiculous Quatre vingt Dix's freezing powers where
>>
>>14129382
Of course, that's like not even a contest.

Hell, Gunbuster is probably on the upper end of mechs in general, before you start hitting reality warping powerlevel wank bullshit.
>>
>>14129421
It was specifically a plot point in Diebuster that the new Buster Machines were weaker. Sure, they had crazy physics-breaking powers, but without degeneracy reactors they couldn't match the early models in terms of raw power.
>>
>>14129421
I remember precisely fuck all about the Diebuster mechs, but I recall reading somewhere that the monster in the last episode was actually one of the original space monsters from Gunbuster. They were struggling against something Gunbuster cut through like a buzz saw through plastic wrap.
>>
>>14129382
Which Mazinkaiser? Because there's an arguement for both Literally Fucking Invincible OAV Kaiser and Hopped up on Getter Rays SRW Kaiser.
>>
>>14129434
It was a space monster that fought Gunbuster and spent 14.000 years learning from the experience, though.
>>
>>14129434
To be fair the Black Hole Excelio space monster seemed to be fucking nuts even as far as the space monsters go. But yeah the Buster Machines in Diebuster except maybe Nono were explicitly weaker. Quatre Vingt Dix's freeze thing is pretty bullshit though.
>>
>>14129429
>reality warping powerlevel wank bullshit
Like what?
>>
>>14129449
It sure did a great job learning from the experience, given that it fell to a replica of the exact same attack that Gunbuster used.
>>
>>14129382
No. No. And no.

Z, Great and Kaiser all have more people believing in them, so they are more powerful than the nearly forgotten Gunbuster. Don't you know how this works?
>>
>>14129457
Nono was a miniaturized buster machine. Y'know, like a sizzler. It didn't stop her from kicking a black hole so hard it cracked.
>>
>>14129461
It tanked a kick from Diebuster, but it couldn't handle two inazuma kicks at once.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>14129460
(Demon)bane.
>>
>>14129460
Elder God Demonbane and the like

Gunbuster's one of the strongest """""normal""""" mechs but there's not exactly much it could do to stop assholes that can just bullshit up an I Win button.
>>
>>14129400
>three times as large
Gunbuster is ten times taller than Mazinger
>>
>>14129466
The Sizzlers were already like 95% as strong as Gunbuster, they're crazy effective for mass produced grunts. Remember that like 500 years Earth time had passed since the first time they used Gunbuster, tech had advanced crazy far by Episode 6.
>>
>>14129472
That's because Nono was too dumb to realize that the Super Inazuma Kick required two girls; it doesn't have the same magic without the power of friendship.
>>
>>14129482
Do you think you could possibly use more quotation marks, faggot?
>>
>>14129499
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Maybe"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>14129499
It's a hot new meme. I've seen doing that all over /pol/ lately
>>
>>14129439
The one that is actually canon.
>>
>>14129496
Tech has regressed in a major way as of Diebuster, though, if we're talking about Nono.
>>
>>14129512
Nono was built ages before Diebuster though. Her memory was fucked up after spending 10000+ years frozen in a comet. She was made to control the Buster Corps that was supposed to guard humanity from the actual space monsters.
>>
>>14129512

7 sounds a lot closer to 3 than 90 though...
>>
>>14129434
>They were struggling against something Gunbuster cut through like a buzz saw through plastic wrap.

Excelio had long since super-evolved into something beyond what the STMC were in Gunbuster's time thanks to the fact that it fucking absorbed the black hole from Gunbuster. Even disregarding its staggering 30,000km size, it still explicitly rewrote the laws of physics to move beyond the Schwarzschild radius.
>>
>>14129430
>It was specifically a plot point in Diebuster that the new Buster Machines were weaker.

They can say they're weaker all they want but negative one trillion degrees is INSANE. The actions of the new buster machine speak physics breaking nigh magical volumes

>>14129434

That was a super space monster that had spent 14000 years stewing. It's not the same shit Gunbuster faced by any stretch
>>
>>14129555
Gunbuster could have killed it
>>
>>14129522
I'm just saying we don't know at what point in humanity's decline she was laid down.
>>
>>14129566

not without killing literally everyone else in the process.
>>
>>14129568
Humanity didn't start to decline until they stopped traveling the stars and sealed away Degeneracy Reactor tech so they couldn't travel outside of the solar system even if they wanted to anymore.

Nono and Dix Neuf (originally) were both built with Degeneracy Reactors, so humanity clearly didn't begin to decline until after that.
>>
>>14129573
Ah, forgot about that. I retract my earlier statement.
>>
>>14129555
>The actions of the new buster machine speak physics breaking nigh magical volumes
And Gunbuster's aren't? Need I remind you that it literally has an attack called "Homing Laser?"
>>
>>14129571
Diebuster was the more impressive machine, all things considered.

Larger than 10000000 meters.
More than thousands of Degeneracy Reactors inside of her
Its Buster Beam is 12000 times stronger than the normal Buster Beam.
And she has a built-in device to counteract the Roche Limit.

Keep in mind that the original ending had Diebuster split Earth in half, too.
>>
>>14129590
Diebuster got owned super hard, though. It took Nono and Dicks teaming up to take down the bad guy.
>>
>>14129589
Sci-Fi technobabble =/= Literally "superpowers that catalyze the generation of free movement, energy, and information unlimited by normal physical laws"
>>
>Diebuster
>canon
>>
>>14129596
That doesn't mean much of anything.
>>
>>14129382
>Is Gunbuster stronger than Mazinger Z/Great Mazinger?
TOEI Mazinger/Great/Grendizer Yes
Shin Mazinger, Shin Mazinger Zero, Mazinkaiser, or Alpha Verse Mazinkaiser No.

I'll explain, Size doesn't matter, Mazinger/Mazinkaiser has fought against enemies bigger and taller than him
Mazinkaiser can perform the same feats as Gunbuster despite its size , by taking down mechanical beasts that are clearly stronger than STMC and the entire mykene empire with a single attacks

Shin Mazinger has also taken down enemies bigger than him, was able to move an entire Fortress Saluud which is the triple his size, Photon Energy is limitless and despite being beaten by General of Darkness at the end, we really didn't get to see the full potential of Shin Mazinger which could in theory overtake Mazinkaiser

Shin Mazinger Zero He summoned Gunbuster to destroy a Godlike entity along side other Giant Robots

While Gunbuster Feats are no joke, compared to Shin Mazinger/Zero/Kaiser I'd say it's strong, but not as strong as them.
>>
>>14129600
Homing laser isn't sci-fi technobabble. It's a fantasy power.
>>
>>14129605
>Mykene
It's Mycenae
>>
>>14129589
>And Gunbuster's aren't? Need I remind you that it literally has an attack called "Homing Laser?"

Can it warp?
Can it freeze space time by creating temperatures so cold they don't actually exist?
can it crack a black hole?
fuck that shit vingts sept did with the sperm ships was outright cartoonish.

Gunbuster is plenty strong but all of it's tricks where really just varying degrees of hit thing hard or shoots

Gun has some pretty crazy tricks up it's sleeves but almost all of it's tricks amount to hitting hard or shooting lasers.
>>
>>14129614
No, but it can magically survive a galaxy exploding bomb.
>>
>>14129606
There are a bunch of ways to change the trajectory of a laser if you've got super science, and you can do it with a mirror in a pinch.
>>
>>14129606
Along with the vast majority of science fiction.

It's still sci-fi nonsense.
>>
>>14129614
It may not do outlandish shit like that, but it clearly breaks several laws of physics to do anything that it does. You should not be able to block anything stronger than a dart with a cloth cape, but if it's Gunbuster holding the cape, suddenly the cape becomes an impregnable shield. And so on.
>>
>>14129606
>sci-fi
>science fiction
>FICTION

>>14129619
Let's not pretend that it was anything more than a smoldering, broken shell on death's step after that.
>>
File: Coach.jpg (21 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Coach.jpg
21 KB, 225x350
>>14129619

> magically

Don't you mean hard work and gut?
>>
>>14129629
>with a cloth cape,

I don't think it's actual cloth
>>
>>14129633
I dunno, it still had propulsion and life support.
>>
>>14129605
Control yourself, Mazingerfag.
>>
>>14129613
Thanks
>>
>>14129644
>time to troll the thread and commence an unwanted Mazinger vs Gunbuster shitstorm
>>
>>14129640

That doesn't mean it's in fighting condition. That's just the basic emergency shit so the pilot doesn't fucking die. They usually run off their own shit and even the backups have backups
>>
>>14129633
>Let's not pretend that it was anything more than a smoldering, broken shell on death's step after that.

It's a bomb that destroyed a GALAXY
and you think because Gunbuster is damage, then that's OKAY? Not to mention it was able to protect its pilots from any sort of harm and keep life support going. It's MAGIC. There is no sci-fi involved. PURE MAGIC.
>>
>>14129629
>You should not be able to block anything stronger than a dart with a cloth cape, but if it's Gunbuster holding the cape, suddenly the cape becomes an impregnable shield.

Diebuster has similar tech called New Buster Shape Memory Super Alloy, which utilizes electric signals to change between being hard and soft. Gunbuster's is likely based upon similar principles and is, again, sci-fi handwaveium.
>>
>>14129614
Tech in Gunbuster/Diebuster is basically magic anyways. Inertial cancelers, fighting at near lightspeed, beams that can wipe shit out lightyears away, etc.
>>
>>14129651
>Gunbuster's is likely
Get out of here with your fan fiction.
>sci-fi handwaveium
It's just a fantasy super power. No sci-fi involved.

Also, good job on giving an example of how Diebuster is harder sci-fi than Gunbuster.
>>
>>14129605
ZERO is the only Mazinger that could potentially put a dent in Gunbuster because of Dynamic Fire.

Alpha verse Mazinkaiser and its Getter Ray powers may have had a shot, but as far as I know, the Getter Rays never gave it something on the level of Final Getter Tomahawk and whatnot
>>
>>14129647
They both lose to LED Mirage
>>
>>14129649
>having high defensive properties is now magic
>>
>>14129652
People keep mentioning The Forever War in Macross threads, but Gunbuster is a better fit for that analogy. Even has time dilation.
>>
>>14129657
Zero explicitly gets its shit wrecked by anything that isn't a Mazinger.
>>
>>14129649
>It's MAGIC. There is no sci-fi involved. PURE MAGIC.

There's more science here than you might want to realize.
>>
>>14129657
>put a dent in Gunbuste
>he doesn't know about my Chogokin Z
>>
>>14129656
>It's just a fantasy super power.

In a something that had none in the first place? But it's okay to write something off as fantasy whenever it suits your fancy, I suppose.
Pot and kettle with that "fan fiction" claim you've got there, anon.

>Also, good job on giving an example of how Diebuster is harder sci-fi than Gunbuster.

You are a fucking frothing retard if you think that reality-warping and hard sci-fi are somehow mutually exclusive.
>>
>>14129666
but we are talking about Shin Mazinger that summoned the Mazinger Friends
>>
>>14129666
I'd really like to know the actual conditions on that

There'd be no reason to summon every robot that's ever been in SRW if all it took was one. God dammit, DP scanlations, where are you?

Anyhow, I look, I see an attack that destroys planets, and it seems dangerous regardless of what weaknesses it has.
>>
>>14129662
>building a giant robot that can withstand an explosion that can wipe out a galaxy
>not magic

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THIS STUPID
>>
>>14129679

The only thing fantastical there is the scale. The notion that we can build something that can withstand an explosion isn't ludicrous.
>>
>>14129679
>oh my god ive never seen hard sci-fi before please rape my face

Please go back to watching Star Wars or whatever shitty sci-fi you're used to.

And never touch anything by Stephen Baxter.
>>
>>14129679
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
>>
>>14129667
>A brief nonsense explanation uttered by a side character makes something scientific instead of fantasy
>implying there's any meaningful difference between sci-fi and fantasy at this point
>>
>>14129686
>>14129689
>>14129694
It's not magic! It's sci-fi!
>but they don't give any pseudo scientific explanations for any of the feats performed
It's handwavium!!
>that just means it's a magic super power
Advanced technology is magic!!!
>so it's a magic super power
>>
>>14129696
>I don't want to pay attention or learn things on my own
>>
>>14129696
Difference is the context of which the event unfolded.

Surviving a galactic explosion via Celtic runes is a different context than surviving a galactic explosion via hypercondensed material crafted from crystallized dark matter designed in such a way to emulate Frame Dragging.
>>
Can you people stop shitposting for five goddamn minutes of your pathetic lives?
>>
>>14129708
>Advanced technology is magic!!!

thats right motherfucker, like the computer i can carry in my pocket that grants me access to the combined knowledge of humanity

oh wait
>>
>>14129721
Except that computer has a scientific explanation which is what Gunbuster lacks for all of its super abilities and impossible feats.
>>
>>14129717

clearly we cannot and you should know better than to ask.
>>
>>14129708
>sci-fi world with sci-fi explanations and literally no magic in sight
>something happens without an expository monologue
>MUST BE MAGIC
>>
>>14129726
If only we had a word for stories that feature fictional science, hmmmmm, nope I've got nothing.
>>
Mommy, daddy, stop fighting.
>>
>>14129511
>canon
so neither?
>>
>>14129686
It's not even the scale, it's the relative size of what's involved. Gunbuster is the size of a very large skyscraper. The bomb was the size of a galaxy. Scale that down to the size of an explosion of a large skyscraper and the relative size of what represents Gunbuster at this point is probably the size of a virus, maybe smaller. Place that virus in the center of the explosion. I don't you can make it survive under an circumstance.
>>
>>14129726

Wouldn't it be the equivalent of showing someone from 1000 years ago a piece of modern tech and them not being able to understand it, and assuming its magical
>>
ow ow ow ow
ow ow ow ow
>>
>>14129737
>The bomb was the size of a galaxy.

No the EXPLOSION was the size of the galaxy. The bomb was just Jupiter big.

And it's an EXPLOSION. Not an IMPLOSION. Meaning that since Gun buster was in the dead center slash cause of the blast everything exploded from outside of it.

You know how they can still find bomb fragments after an explosion? That's Gunbuster.
>>
>>14129716
Either way, the result is the exact same and is impossible to replicate in real life. Saying that it's different because of the explanation offered is pointless because the explanation is absolutely meaningless in the context of Gunbuster, the story.

So in this context, there is no functional difference between magic and science. Stories where there is a meaningful difference would most likely have to feature both at once.
>>
>>14129753
>the size of the galaxy.
The galactic core. Not the whole galaxy, otherwise the Earth would be fucking gone too and that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole fucking operation.
>>
>>14129717
Shitposting is what gives this place worth though
>>
>>14129739
No, the equivalent would be showing someone from a 1000 years ago a piece of technology that cannot exist in our reality. Aka fucking magic.
>>
>>14129729
>sci-fi world with sci-fi explanations
Where are they? Where in the Gunbuster OVA do they explain the cape, surviving the bomb and the fact that they're using giant humanoid robots piloted by little girls?

>>14129731
There is no science involved, bro.
>>
>>14129828
That's like saying Gundam is fantasy rather than sci-fi because mechs are a dumb idea in reality.
>>
File: bossborot.jpg (19 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
bossborot.jpg
19 KB, 450x300
Alright, let's stop fucking around and get to the hard-hitting questions

1.How long would Gunbuster last against Boss Borot?

2.Would Gunbuster and Diebuster together be able to beat Shin Genesic Full Armor Boss Borot The Great?
>>
What is you guys' opinion on bagel bites?
>>
>>14129831
Gundam actually attempts to explain its technology and setting. It's sci-fi. Gunbuster? It's just a magical robot.
>>
>>14129819

>tell someone from the past you have something that holds all of human history in your pocket
>from their perspective, and with their current knowledge this would be impossible

what's the difference?
>>
>>14129851
There's a scientific explanation.

If you're asking the difference between you and a retard, then the answer is 'none'
>>
>>14129857

and if someone came from the future with something crazy that's normal to them, like in this case time travel I guess, we'd call it magic too because for us it CAN'T exist.

you're example doesn't work.
>>
>>14129871
>you are example doesn't work
>>
>>14129871
I like how you keep ignoring what I've said just to post the same exact thing over and over. That's some good trolling, son.
>>
>>14129857
>>14129857

you literally just his point

there is no scientific explanation anyone will accept for a smart phone when presented one 1000 years ago when the majority of the concepts behind one doesn't even exist yet
>>
>>14129877
I think it's called ad nauseum or something like that
>>
>>14129877

>he thinks only one person thinks hes retarded

Dohohohoho
>>
>>14129741
every fucking time GROOOOOOOOOVIN' MAGIC
>>
>>14129834
Piloted by Boss? Noriko coulx take it out with a RX-7.

Piloted by Jiron? Now we've got a real team up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (261 KB, 404x617) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
261 KB, 404x617
I know banal semantic quibbling is as /m/ as Gundam or Macross, but give it a rest.
>>
>>14129879
That doesn't make sense. You could empirically prove how the technology works. That's called the scientific explanation.
>>
>>14129909
You'd be there for weeks essentially explaining entirely novel fields of study to the guy and he'd still call bullshit because the most high-tech thing he's ever seen is a waterwheel.
>>
>>14129917
Not only is that factually wrong for technology from 1000 years ago, but it's also nonsensical because you would empirically prove how it works. Also, none of this has anything to do with Gunbuster. Take your terrible comparisons and shove them up your empirically disgusting asshole.
>>
>>14129382
Mazinger is pretty weak dude
>>
>>14129903
THEN LET'S ARGUE ABOUT DIEBUSTER INSTEAD
>>
File: 1437484615590.png (557 KB, 841x722) Image search: [Google]
1437484615590.png
557 KB, 841x722
A single sufficiently advanced Macross-class ship can solo Gunbuster with zero issues.

Also a Zentraedi fleet will COMPLETELY WRECK Gunbuster's shit in seconds. Gunbuster only had to contend with weakass """"""space monsters""""" that are little more than HP tanks.
>>
File: 1182994520696.jpg (71 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1182994520696.jpg
71 KB, 750x600
>>14130135
>>
>>14130135
Depends entirely on whether or not a Fold barrier can tank a Buster Beam or not. If it can't, they're fucked before they could even see Gunbuster.
>>
>>14130135
>sufficiently advanced
That means nothing. Anything can beat anything if it's "sufficiently advanced" to do so.
>>
>>14130135

Macross fags really are the worst
>>
>>14129382
Kaiser is more durable, Buster is more destructive.
>>
>>14130504
Kaiser never had to deal with the kind of firepower that Gunbuster is capable of.

Chogokin Z Alpha or whatever it's called is unlikely to hold up against anything more powerful than the General of Darkness.

Then again, Kaiser also has the grandfather clause and Ichiro Mizuki songs on its side. Could Gunbuster defend against that?
>>
>powerlevel fags
>Demonbane fags
>Gainax fags
>now even debating power levels via non-canon SRW games

I hate you all
>>
I always hated the notion that something is stronger or better because it was old.

no Zinger has ever had to content with the types of damage a buster puts out
>>
>>14129382
no shit, what kind of question is that
>>
It is the most powerful real robot.

But if you go to the super robots real, then there is getter robot which is more powerful.
>>
>>14130549
I don't know man, a Kouhei Tanaka score with a 80's work out song as a trump card isn't too far behind.
>>
>>14131148
>Gunbuster
>real robot
>>
>>14130135

try singing at it you nerd
>>
ITT: Mexicans

If you are a mexican or a mexican variant please reply
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.