[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kagaku Sentai Dynaman 1-9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
Here it is! 1983’s explosive entry in the Super Sentai series, Dynaman! This show is non stop action and explosions. And it’s awesome! I think you guys are going to have a lot of fun watching this one. If you like over the top action, ton’s of pyrotechnics, and a fun cast then Dynaman is definitely for you.

I know a lot of you have been looking forward to this. Enjoy!
>>
Torrent:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=803062

Blog:
https://millionfoldcuriosity.wordpress.com
>>
>>14119965
Oh yeah. Time for the good stuff and no more boring Metal Heroes
>>
>>14120188
You can't just say thanks without being a douchebag about something, can you?
>>
>>14119965
Neat!
Thank you!
>>
>>14120238
I felt merely saying thank you was lacking and so I decided to make a different comment. But I ended up not saying thank you at all and that isn't so good. So apologies and thank you to all the good folks at MFC
>>
I don't think whoever was in charge of making the series thought the hairstyle choice through.
>>
>>14120362
>why do people from the 80s have such weird hairstyles
People will look back at current hairstyles and wonder what we were thinking
>>
>>14120377
They're not weird, they're ALL THE SAME
>>
File: 03824144.jpg (49 KB, 309x400) Image search: [Google]
03824144.jpg
49 KB, 309x400
Thank the lord and you folks, I was wondering about whether Bunny was still having problems acquiring the rest of the DVDs. Time for explosions!
>>
>>14120345
You're still a faggot.
>>
>>14120450
It's not my fault that Metal Hero shows tend to be boring
>>
>>14120457
It's not my fault that you have shit opinions.
>>
>>14119965
>Organizations name is translated
>translating proper names
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>14120581
TL Note: Hatsumei Sentaa means your mom
>>
>>14120581
go away
>>
>>14120581
>Not knowing that Jashinka literally means "Evil Evolution"
>A group of villains who are evil and use evolved forms of animals to attack people
Then again you probably only watched 5 minutes of episode before sperging out.
>>
>>14120809
It's in katakana, so it is supposed to be read as is. Anything else is just subbers overlocalizing.
Then again, you probably just rely on what others tell you is right
>>
>>14120869
And how long have you been studying Japanese?
>>
ah, download finished over night.
i'm excited to watch with you, /m/

thank you, millionfold subs
>>
I had the shittiest week ever, thank you for cheering me up MegaAnon
>>
>>14119965
Thank you for glorious dynapink.
>>
>>14120876
Even a first semester student should know Katakana doesn't translate.
>>
>>14121004
Are you retarded?
>>
File: mpv-shot0906.jpg (45 KB, 640x476) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0906.jpg
45 KB, 640x476
this is awesome
>>
>>14120581
You don't know shit about proper nouns
weeaboo.
>>
>>14119965
AW YISS. I've been waiting for it. Even better now that I've finished Gundam ZZ (I need something new to watch).
Thank you, based MFC.
>>
>We may finally know the joy of explosive baseball

Thank you based MFC
>>
>>14121368
>Explosive baseball
So that's one of the few remnants of Dynaman's original baseball theme, right?
>>
>>14121004
You don't know shit about translating.
>>
>>14120869

So, when a Japanese word is written in Katakana, 90% of the time it's simply used as a means to emphasize or embolden the word. Translating Jashinka is fine.
>>
File: 1406991723981.jpg (33 KB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
1406991723981.jpg
33 KB, 375x346
>>14121376
Yup.

They really did not want to let the baseball thing go.
>>
>>14121499
Well, considering they had the assets already, getting rid of them would have been quite a waste of money.
At least they put them to good use. That bat clacking in the opening is hype as fuck.
>>
>>14121368
From what I read, the original title was going to be "Yakyuu Sentai V-Leaguer"

With V meaning both victory and Roman numeral 5.

On another note, this is one of the first Sentai that aired in the US unless you lived in one of those cities in California or Hawaii that got older series. Except Dynaman was a parody dub.

"Dynamen! Still have your stylish watches?"
"I dunno! You check!"
>>
>>14121499
>DynaYellow was going to have the boldest team banner patch
Every time.
>>
>>14121499
>>14121376
>>14121368
Why the hell has Sentai never done a sports themed show anyway? A baseball series alone would be a license to print money.
>>
>>14121763
You know, that's an excellent question. Sentai tends to dance around the notion with various sports-themed gags and episodes (Three Gorma Stooges episodes in Dairanger, Hairdryer Dimension in Jetman, etc), but never goes through with it. You'd think that would be child-friendly enough, unless they think contact sports would be a bad influence.
>>
>>14121767
Well they've done a couple of shows where one character was into boxing like Liveman, not sure why it would be a problem all of a sudden if that was a theme for one of them.

Maybe they could make it Olympic event themed to tie in with the upcoming Tokyo games? The sixth member's theme could be the Triathlon.
>>
>>14121763
>>14121767
It's hard to say. Nowadays it's understandable, since Toei seems to be playing safe and either use themes that are all time favorites (ninjas, dinosaurs, cars, animals) or use themes that follow the current trends (Magiranger being the best example). They rarely experiment. But back in the old days of Showa, it's surprising V-Leaguer didn't come through and they never touched upon it again.
>>
>>14121787
There are really strict rules and regulations governing Olympic tie-ins. It's a worldwide brand.
>>
>>14121763

I'm guessing that it became quickly clear to them that it made for a great motif but didn't really carry a plot well.
>>
>>14121767
>contact sports being bad

>3 kung fu teams
>already a pirate theme which in reality are bad and violent people
>super sentai being an action show to boot
>>
>>14121641
This would have been a tie-in bonanza if they had stuck with Baseball Sentai. Think of the potential merchandising and crossover rating potential with teams like the Giants.
>>
>>14121892
Kinda doubt the other two points, though in fairness the kung fu shows were less about sports and more about spiritualism and wuxia.

>>14121787
I'd settle for wrestling, especially since the Go-Busters/Zyuohger director is so obsessed with it, so that ought to be taken to its logical conclusion.
>>
>>14120869
>so it is supposed to be read as is

Which is nice if you actually know Japanese something a person who is watching subtitled Japanese shows probably does not know.
>>
Damn i didn't know this show was going to be so intense!

So much explosions..awesome fights, screaming and yelling...good humor.. this is what sentai should be!
>>
I'm really not even sure what to make of this show, it is so absolutely batshit that it actually kind of almost borders on amazing
>>
>>14124905
I'm guessing that Soda wanted to overcompensate for Goggle V being a fairly standard entry.
>>
>>14124930
I'm guessing you're making shit up and haven't seen Goggle V.
>>
>>14120448
Still missing discs 4 and 8, but I think MegaAnon has some DVD5s of them that can be used until I can get DVD9s.
>>
>>14125228
Good then. Depending on MFC's pace, you might have time to do so.

>>14125047
So, what kind of interesting things did that show have aside from gymnastics weapons and monsters piloting robots, then? The only adequate option for viewing the show is some scrubs based on a not entirely accurate dub.
>>
>>14125267
So you literally have not seen Goggle V, yet you're going around calling it "standard". You're fucking scum.
>>
>>14125267
Oh, I don't know, maybe because it's a show with fucking trains, gigantic vehicles, 90's era Metal Hero Rescue Squad shit, and mother fucking Demons that want to conquer the earth?!
>>
>>14125421
NEWFAG DETECTED!
>>
>>14122329
>I'd settle for wrestling, especially since the Go-Busters/Zyuohger director is so obsessed with it, so that ought to be taken to its logical conclusion.

If they make a wrestling-themed super sentai, then Saban better adapt it for Power Rangers and AT LEAST one of the Rangers better make a guest appearance at a WWE show. Seriously your post made me realize how much I want that. I'm also surprised it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>14130954
Fuck off, Rangerboard
>>
>>14130954
Fuck off PowerFaggot.
>>
>>14130954
Congradulations. You just made the most autistic comment on all of 4chan for the week and it's still Monday morning.
>>
>>14121805
It doesnt have to be an official olympic tie in.
Gaim's movie had nothing to do with the world cup.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.