[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On a scale of 1 - 10 how bad is Seed? I just unlocked this guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: gd_seed_hg_gouf_ignited_heine_b.jpg (143 KB, 834x761) Image search: [Google]
gd_seed_hg_gouf_ignited_heine_b.jpg
143 KB, 834x761
On a scale of 1 - 10 how bad is Seed?

I just unlocked this guy in Gundam Extreme Vs Force and it's kind of making me want to watch it.
>>
File: shit.jpg (246 KB, 890x497) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
246 KB, 890x497
>is this shit?
it's shit
>>
>>14114809
1. 5/10. It's just a really mediocre 0079 copy until it goes to shit.
2. That suit is from Seed Destiny, which is a solid 2/10.
>>
>>14114809
probably 4 or 5. Not great even by gundam standards.
>>
This has never made sense and always bothered me, whats the purpose of the GOUF Ignited? Isn't the Slash ZAKU Phantom already a close combat commander's unit, so why have the GOUF?
>>
>>14114809
6/10, passable but it's never getting a scholarship
>>
>>14114921
Gotta sell new toys nigga
>>
>>14114809
SEED is really fucking good if you can get into the mind of a teenage girl. You know, read some yaoi manga, do your hair up, try some cosplay.

It makes SEED go from a 4/10 to an instant 8/10
>>
>>14114809
I'd rate it as 3/10 myself

Short version of it is roughly as follows
>Shitty writing with most characters, including the main one, being thoroughly unlikable
>Boring uninspired designs everywhere
>Stock shots everywhere, even in the "remastered" versions
Compared to the series length the animation was done practically on a shoestring budget. When the fairly astronomical full series budget came to light the animation director stated that the budget sure as hell didn't seem that high judging by the amount of money he had at his disposal. They essentially spent most of the budget on expensive voice actors and licensed music.
>>
>>14114921

It's the TM Revolution Custom.
>>
>>14114809
>Playing force
>>
>>14114993
I can see anon trying that out. It's cute.
>>
>>14114809

It's everyone jobbing for retarded MC the show. The only plus is that you'll probably appreciate shows that do overpowered mech stuff right like Overman King Gainer a lot more after watching SEED with its endless KIRA HELP US shit.
>>
>>14114921

While it was mostly so Tm....er Heine could have a uniquer machine, it does serve a purpose as an close combat aerial unit (it can fly, Zaku's can't)
>>
>>14114809
Maaaaaybe 1.5-2? It really isn't shit.

Destiny is, tho. Destiny is like a 6.
>>
SEED is like the Man of Steel of Gundam. It's supposed to be this retelling of the source material, with changes made to appeal to modern audiences. People are going to say it's more "mature" with it's issues and it's storytelling, but at the end of the day there's just something off about it. It lacks the heart of the soruce material, completely missing some of the finer details or going in the complete opposite direction. Not to mention, trying to pass off a messianic Übermensch as human but having him come off as a creepy alien.

In the end, it's okay at best but then comes along a sequel that sucks balls. Big, dirty donkey balls.
>>
great doujins, though.
>>
>>14114921
What is the point of creating an infinite number of prototypes that will never go into full production because it is too expensive?
>>
>>14114921

The GOUF isn't just for close-combat, more of a general high-performance unit. It's the GuAIZ of Destiny.

And the flight pack. Really, given SEED/Destiny's focus on toy pushing I'm surprised they didn't do one GOUF pack for Earth and one for space, maybe a retread of the Blaze ZAKU's pack or something.
>>
>>14114921
Bandai wants your shekels, silly goy
>>
>>14116146
So... Shinn is Batman?

>My sister is DEEEAAAAAAAD.
>>
>>14117176
SHIN OF ASUKA vs JESUS OF YAMATO
>>
>>14117176
He's the hero the Cosmic Era deserves, but not the one it needs.
>>
>>14116146
>People are going to say it's more "mature" with it's issues and it's storytelling

What no

I like SEED because during the first half you get things like the A plot being teenage drama, while in the B plot, two miles away, war crimes are happening

It's hilarious

0079, Zeta, Victory, etc tend to foreground the war crimes rather than having them take a backseat to angsty teen bullshit, so there's no real contrast
>>
>>14114809
8, but it's still one of my favorites.
>>
File: Disco Guns!.jpg (62 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
Disco Guns!.jpg
62 KB, 720x536
>>14114809

Seed is just mediocre with some good music and occasionally really cool mobile suit, not the worst.

Destiny however is 100% pure regurgitated shit with no redeemable qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>14116146
>SEED is like the Man of Steel of Gundam

No, it's the Age of Ultron of Gundam. Man of Steel has issues because it bites off more than it can chew and the director like showing cool action over logic.

Age of Ultron is a rehash of a better movie with more nonesensical action and weird discrepancies such as quipping while a robot is committing genocide.
>>
File: destiny westenfluss.jpg (140 KB, 812x709) Image search: [Google]
destiny westenfluss.jpg
140 KB, 812x709
>>14114921

What if I told you that there was a Destiny sitting in a warehouse that no one use since it was orange and Westenfluss was dead already?
>>
File: seed destiny lol.jpg (234 KB, 768x977) Image search: [Google]
seed destiny lol.jpg
234 KB, 768x977
>>14114993
>SEED is really fucking good if you can get into the mind of a teenage girl. You know, read some yaoi manga, do your hair up, try some cosplay.

This.

It's basically shipping heaven.
>>
>>14117695
>Man of Steel has issues because it bites off more than it can chew and the director like showing cool action over logic.

Fukuda has said multiple times he did X because he thought it was cool. Why did Andy survive? Because Fukuda thought he was cool and brought him back. Why did Fukuda say he wanted to make SEED like old Super Robot shows? Because according to him, kids think those are the coolest.

>>14117541

You may not have been around when SEED was fresh, but at the time people we going around saying it was dealing with more mature issues than the original series. Or at least, they were saying that it was talking about shit that was relevant back then (like racism), while the original became badly dated in what it was discussing (and was seen as too hippie, therefore not mature enough).
>>
>>14117707
Actually that would be that Setsuna Gundam. 00 I think it was.
>>
>>14115189
Underrated
>>
>>14117635

I forgot about those CN edits they did to the guns in seed.

KEK
>>
File: Zgmf-1001m-rey.jpg (175 KB, 365x545) Image search: [Google]
Zgmf-1001m-rey.jpg
175 KB, 365x545
>>14115681
>it can fly, Zaku's can't
Excuse me?
>>
>>14118459
Did it ever fly?
I only ever recall seeing it stand on deck and acting like a turret.
>>
>>14116146
>It's supposed to be this retelling of the source material, with changes made to appeal to modern audiences.
That's only the first half. Shit went completely off the rails after Coffee Ral.
>>
>>14117176
Shinn is Frank Miller's version of AzBat. He's EX-TREEEEEME and brutish and hunting ghosts.
>>
>>14118475
And those that did used Guuls, so no ZAKU ever flew on its own.
>>
>>14117704
Isn't the Westenfluss Destiny supposed to be some AU version of what would have happened if things had gone a bit more in Durandals' way, and Heine hadn't died, so the Destiny would have been given to him (while presumably the Legend to Athrun)? Heine did seem a lot more on the inside track of things than Shinn ever was.
>>
If you're going to complain about how bad something is, you should be objective about it and actually watch it. You'll at least be able to enjoy the robot action.
>>
>>14118475
While we are not show that is indeed a flight pack just Destiny being awful as usual
>>
File: Stock Footage Magic.webm (391 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Stock Footage Magic.webm
391 KB, 640x480
>>14118575

>Robot action

More like Copy Pasta'd QUALITY Robot Action
>>
>>14114809
SEED? 4/10

Destiny? 2/10
>>
>>14118852
wait wat
was that the impulse or the strike?
>>
>>14121307
It's supposed to be the Impulse, but they're reusing stock footage of the Strike and forgot or didn't have time to redraw it at the end.
>>
>>14118852
That's from Destiny though, there wasnt as much during Seed.
>>
>>14114824
But the suit and the pilot associated with it is actually really cool. Too bad Heine dies in like two episodes.
>>
File: Duel.jpg (335 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Duel.jpg
335 KB, 1280x960
>>14114809
It's not terrible, but it's not really good. Hiraiface, awful out-of-place CG, Insane plot holes, some annoying characters, and some hamfisted drama. But some of the fights are pretty sweet and the soundtrack is baller. Honestly it depends entirely on your tolerance for bullshit.
I also really like the Duel.
>>
>>14117635

>Disco Guns

I remembered catching an episode of SEED out of coincidence when I was in the States and laughed more than I should've when that happened

>>14121544

But a lot of the copypasta scenes/actions become more obvious by the end of SEED when the same firing / dodging / beam saber related animation are being reused
>>
>>14118528
That actually sounds way more interesting than the real Destiny plot
>>
>>14121696
>I also really like the Duel.
By the end of the series I had long since ceased to give a shit about Kira and Athrun and was watching pretty much solely for Yzak and the Duel.
>>
>>14114809
Both SEED and Destiny are 10/10 material for me
>>
>>14118831

No. It's a space manuever and missile pack. The Blaze pack doesn't allow for Atmospheric flight.
>>
>>14124816
Judging from the subtitles, I always thought Yzak was pronounced "yi-zack" and not "eezack"
>>
>>14118852
>they didn't even bother redrawing the Strike in the final shot, they just hoped no one would notice
Jesus christ.
The Astray just gives up at the end two. He fires off two shots and doesn't move out the way or anything. He's not even aiming, he shoots in the same spot twice.
The Impulse is teleporting too, like someone forgot to do inbetweens or something.

Fuck the more I look at this the less sense it makes.
>>
SEED is better than G, Zeta, 00, AGE, and IBO.
>>
>>14114809
It's okay. Better than some people say, but certainly not great. The plot is a rehash of the original series for the most part and doesn't really do all that much different. It also reuses a lot of animation and generally feels pretty lazy. The characters suck and have very little depth. Destiny tries to be Zeta but fails, so very hard. It may be one of the worst things to bear the name Gundam, which is really saying something.
>>
>>14125392
It was originally subbed as Issac among other things.
>>
>>14118852
that scene just gets worse the more i look at it
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.