[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was watching Gaim and Kikaider showed up out of nowhere.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
So I was watching Gaim and Kikaider showed up out of nowhere. Is Reboot worth watching at all? Where would you guys recommend starting with Kikaider?
>>
File: AndroidKikaiderAction1.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
AndroidKikaiderAction1.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>14060322
Well there's three places to go.

The first is the campy tokusatsu series, which is standard fare for the time.

Then there's the reboot which showed up in Gaim, that's a movie and I don't know if it's subbed or not.

Then there's the manga. You can either read it or watch the 13 episode anime, plus the followup Kikaider 01 OVA. I haven't read the manga, but the anime is quite good.
>>
File: gaofighgar.png (35 KB, 1083x811) Image search: [Google]
gaofighgar.png
35 KB, 1083x811
I hate human faces on my robots.
>>
>>14060322
>Is Reboot worth watching at all

It's utterly forgettable.
>>
File: 1406673837358.png (295 KB, 513x448) Image search: [Google]
1406673837358.png
295 KB, 513x448
>>14060374
>implying
Humans can and will project facial features onto fucking anything anon, you're only deluding yourself.
>>
>>14060322
>So I was watching Gaim and Kikaider showed up out of nowhere. Is Reboot worth watching at all?

Strange enough the Gaim episode was actually better than the actual movie.
>>
>>14060377
>>14060390
That's a shame. Both of the suits looked pretty good.
>>
Watch Reboot for the fights and the neat Kikaider and Hakaider redesigns. There's seriously nothing else to talk about.

If you want more Kikaider, the anime is a good place to go. The 01 OVA is polarizing, though, and "The Boy Who Carried a Guitar" short just punches you in the face with a tease for an Inazuman anime that will never happen.

Also I think I'm obligated to tell you to read the manga.
>>
The original show is pretty groovy, dispite literally using the same plot over and over. The Hakaida arc is seriously good stuff.

I don't like the anime and completly lost interest in Reboot by the time it came out, so no opinion.
>>
>>14060374
>I hate human faces on my robots.
>posts a robot that has a human face beneath that mask
>>
>>14060401
I forgot, it was Ryouma's brain in Hakaider there right
>>
>>14061326
that was the funniest shit
>friend sends a robot for you to test, without hesitation, operate on self and insert brain in robot
Ryouma best professor
>>
File: Dr Warren Statesmen.jpg (79 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dr Warren Statesmen.jpg
79 KB, 960x540
>>14061357
Dr. Statesman doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>14061620
man to this day I am still laughing about Ornac (which makes sense) and Warring Ryouma (which is hilarious)
>>
File: IMG_2480-.jpg (683 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2480-.jpg
683 KB, 800x1200
>>
>>14061629
someone please post all those subs pictures.
>>
>>14060322
It's another shitty remake form toei. So no. It's fucking awful and makes Kikaider look like an absolute faggot.
>>
If you're not concerned about anything that doesn't fit in continuity, watch the Hakaider movie. Sure, it's not a masterpiece, but it's amusing as a popcorn flick, and it's pure Amemiya.
>>
>>14060335
Of course the movie is subbed. Hawaiians eat Kikaider for breakfast, so it got an official R1 release and everything.
>>
>>14062358
I really liked the CLANG fight, I understand some people thought it was dumb but it made the whole thing worthwhile.

Also you can tell they were inspired by Terminator 2 a little
>>
File: hakai saber.jpg (434 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
hakai saber.jpg
434 KB, 744x1052
>>14062358
Urobutcher apparently likes the Hakaider movie a lot.
>>
>>14062346
>makes Kikaider look like an absolute faggot.
I'm not sure how you got that conclusion. Movie Jiro is the same pacifistic, massively depressed guy you get from the anime and manga, but more obviously robotic.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.