[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many Vagans do you think Flit personally removed in his lifetime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: remove vagan.png (162 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
remove vagan.png
162 KB, 500x284
How many Vagans do you think Flit personally removed in his lifetime?

Does any other Gundam character have a shot at beating his high score of enemy combatants slaughtered?
>>
>>14058314
>How many Vagans do you think Flit personally removed in his lifetime?
Enough to make the martians start innovating their MS forces past dragon transformers, but not enough to stop them from making a dragon transformer that transformed into another dragon by the time Kio was born, though.

>Does any other Gundam character have a shot at beating his high score of enemy combatants slaughtered?
Not counting colony drops, no.
>>
>>14058314
Fucking BASED! Deus vult!
>>
This was much better than IBO.
>>
What if the focus stayed on Flit for the entirety of AGE, Asemu would still exist and become a pilot, but he wouldn't be in the spotlight, you'd see more of Flit being a commander during part 2.

Part 3 is probably just fucking unsalvageable.
>>
>>14058314

The Vagan only ever came in force during the parts of the show we see and he didn't kill that many of them - so probably not that many. Plus, if you're going to count off-screen kills, life time soldiers like Heero, Setsuna and Mika probably got more. As would Uso most likely if you start counting individual people on the ships he blew up instead of only suits. And probably a few others like Garrod too.

>>14058359

Eh, opinions. I'd say AGE is still the worst Gundam show. And that Kio has little to do with it. The writing, especially of the show's villains will always be a low point for me I think. And no, I'm not saying that IBO has good writing, only that I think AGE is still worse.
>>
>>14058393

I count them all as lifetime soldiers, but Flit is the only one who was in a conflict that lasted that long. Even if he was only killing 5 mooks every sortie, the guy was flying sorties for like 30 years, and even as a commander he had his unit on standby to go slap some shit with.
>>
>>14058369
Assuming the quality of writing stays the same it would be worse than what we got. The best part of AGE was moving to a new generation while showing the previous generations age and develop. It was neat watching Flit be someone besides the main character so you get a better look at just how genocidally crazy he was.
>>
>>14058393
>I'd say AGE is still the worst Gundam show

(You)
>>
>>14058408

Flit's conflict might have lasted 100 years, but the Vagan weren't a threat for 90+ of those years since they only came in small numbers to attack occasional targets with no combat, landed spies or just didn't come at all. Hence why I said that they only came in force during the parts of the show we see and why he probably didn't kill that many. Because he wouldn't have had the opportunity to despite the war's apparent length.
>>
>>14058418

> (You)

(You) yourself I guess.
>>
>>14058422

I thought everything pointed to the Vagan forces basically being on a constant offensive from the end of part 1 to the start of part 2. The DS games certainly suggest that, though I'm not sure how canon they are.
>>
>>14058428

I've no idea about the game, but the anime certainly suggests they're only ever a major threat when the show is focusing on them.
>>
>>14058393
You, sir, have obviously not seen Destiny. And no, entertainment derived from witnessing a trainwreck does not make a show "good."
>>
>>14058314
>Does any other Gundam character have a shot at beating his high score of enemy combatants slaughtered?
Uso still holds high score
>>
>>14058548

You sir, obviously have no idea what an opinion is. AGE is worse than Destiny. You don't agree and aren't required to. I still feel that way.
>>
>>14058369
>Asemu would still exist
Fucking why? Asemu is one of AGE worst characters and by far the least relevant of the main 3.
>>
>>14058393
>I'd say AGE is still the worst Gundam show
That's because you didn't watch Destiny.

>And no, I'm not saying that IBO has good writing, only that I think AGE is still worse
No matter how bad AGE plot points were, they mostly were used as devices and excuses to push for competent actions sequences. AGE rarely try to pretend it had more depth than it had, it didn't waste much time on exposition either, they just made a kid show bloated with action sequences to sell toys. IBO get all of these wrong and still manage to be dumb to make things worse.
>>
>>14058826

> That's because you didn't watch Destiny

You only say that because you didn't watch AGE. There. Now we're even at throwing bullshit at each other. Can you leave it alone now?
>>
>>14058843
>putting Destiny over AGE
You just went full retard anon.
>>
File: 1335752575119.jpg (1 MB, 1280x2879) Image search: [Google]
1335752575119.jpg
1 MB, 1280x2879
>>14058314

Clearly not enough if there were still plenty of Vagan spies and attacks
>>
>>14058425

Now kiss.
>>
Asemu is one of three Gundam characters all /m/ loves, it is impossible to dislike him
>>
File: 1359895231498.gif (893 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1359895231498.gif
893 KB, 384x216
>>14058947
You're obviously confusing him with his father.
>>
>>14058985
I'm deeply ashamed to confirm this is true, I'll be abstaining myself from further posting in /m/ after this regrettable incident.
>>
>>14058985
Asemu really is better though
>>
>>14058868
Not him, but I'd say AGE is better than Destiny.
And both are better than Wing, Turn, or Reco (that's really not saying much, though).
>>
>>14059019
Only if you're 12 and missing half a brain.
>>
>>14058826
>>No matter how bad AGE plot points were, they mostly were used as devices and excuses to push for competent actions sequences. AGE rarely try to pretend it had more depth than it had, it didn't waste much time on exposition either, they just made a kid show bloated with action sequences to sell toys.

This IBO tried to make itself seem more down to earth, but ended up just as nonsensical if not more than age.
>>
>>14059019
before or after he becomes a space pilot?
I never had any problems with him.
>>
>>14058411
>The best part of AGE was moving to a new generation while showing the previous generations age and develop.
I kinda of wish we see more of this in Gen 3.

I can understand barely showing anyone from Flit's generation, since it's been so long, but there's no excuse for not showing Dique and Arisa amongst others.
>>
>>14058314
Say whatever you want about AGE, but late part 1, part 2 and early part 3 Flit is fucking based.
Too bad fucking Kio of all people brainwashes him.
Fucking understanding.
>>
>>14062015
>but there's no excuse for not showing Dique and Arisa amongst others.

I didn't mind too much there were enough characters already. Age really didn't have enough time in 50 episodes.
>>
>>14062113
I didn't really mean the characters had to actually appear, but they could have shown a still or something when Wootbit was talking about his family.

Just little stuff like that.
>>
>>14058559
Actually Trowa does, but Uso's score (third, just behind Amuro) is by far the more impressive, given the timescale involved, the less mook slaughter in his show and his age.
>>
>>14058369
Part 3 would still be a fascinating mess, since it would be less 'The Adventures of Kio the Naive' and more 'The Adventures of Flit the Racist Grandpa'.
>>
>>14062260
Its impressive because Zanscare grunts are the most fearsome grunts in any series, OZ grunts are pushovers, and Vagan grunts are a joke.
>>
>>14062277
>Its impressive because Zanscare grunts are the most fearsome grunts in any series
Not really Zanscare got beaten as bad as most other series.

>>14062277
>Vagan grunts are a joke.
In age one most ms could only work as a meatshield against them.

In age 2 the federation suits were still much worse off.

A lot of the fighting with Zanscare was an actual joke.
>>
>>14058418
Seed Destiny is the worst. It is full of characters who could defeat 100 grunts effortlessly with minimum backup like it were Dynasty Warriors.

Gundam iBO is poor due to no struggles between the MC and a formidable opponent.

It is not that they're Mary Sues in that they have sufficient military background, but their stories are uninteresting as they have no opponent on an equal footing. Gundam AGE had quite a few formidable opponents, namely Zehart, the Gorilla guy and Ezlecant.

The other extreme is having an inexperienced Newtype teenager who flukes randomly.

Build Fighters TR is the worst offender with MCs with overpowered hardware that have no reasonable opponent. Even the second half was a bit too easy since they have super robot tier attacks.
>>
>>14062403
I think Japanese kids nowadays want to take the easy route in life and want minimum struggle and effort to develop themselves.
>>
>>14062277
It was the best of Tominos styled fights. Dodge, block beams, saber clash, Tomino dialogue, then break saber lock, and then finished with a kick or punch. They were choreographed quite well and showed how interesting battles could be with just the standard loadout of rifle and saber as opposed to the overpowered beam cannons and antiship swords in SEED as they always overpower regular weapons.

Interesting fights are when both sides have equal fighting strength, not like super hero shit where superpowers and special mecha weapons dictate the fight.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.