[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm sorta poorly writing my own mecha. https://doc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: cruiser.jpg (143 KB, 1280x567) Image search: [Google]
cruiser.jpg
143 KB, 1280x567
So I'm sorta poorly writing my own mecha.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h0QkHfCO_99JXx246oQkiBlhRKCybn48BrCcJnRwBsw/edit?usp=sharing

Have trouble naming some things. Not entirely sure if my sentences are correct or my paragraphing is done well.

Story is pretty simple. right now I'm writing some key backstory events that take place 40-1 years before the main story that will makeup the prologue.

>Virus breaks out in Jupiter colonies (40 years before main story)

>Federation dispatches fleet to keep it contained so that people don't accidentally spread it

>people resent the federation. riots violence

>people desperate and angry to escape try to force their way out of the blockade

>their ship is sunk by feddies

>religious political leader incites more riots and rebellion who are mad that ship was blown up

>Military ship crewed & captained by Jovian colonists rebels against the feddies(37 years b4 main story)- Fight between ship happens Jovian ship is destroyed. in the fight a colony is destroyed, millions die. Jupiter and local feddie Garrison(who are colonists) rebel against the Federation and its military

>They are the first to use Mechs (basically mobile suits) in battle, super effective (35 years)

>Sting of victories pushes feddies back to Mars. big fights happen there, mars people don't like having the derbies falling on their homes, Becomes neutral state, belter colonies do the same (34-25 years b4)

>Fights only happen every few years. Jupiter terroists use Jupiter's neutral relationship with Mars to sneak to Mars than to earth (15 years b4. ISIS>Mexico>USA kinda shit)

>Religious conversion+bombings. Main character's(MC age13) family is killed (except little brother) in a bombing 10 years before the main story

>MC(age17) joins military (Who have adopted Mechs) & becomes pilot(6 years b4)

>MC helps to win major battle(3year b4), becomes sorta famous(Like Char)

>MC is recalled to give speech to new officer graduates. (1 week b4 main story)
>>
File: carrier.jpg (245 KB, 1600x710) Image search: [Google]
carrier.jpg
245 KB, 1600x710
Earth is like Republic of Rome (suits will sorta look like their infantry javilins are anti MS missiles, Pilum is just better missile. later will look like Legionnaires.)

Mars is like merchant Greeks. (not many warshpis, mostly transports. lots of trading. They end up stealing suit plans from both sides and making hybrids that are drone controlled by a sophisticated AI)

Jupiter is like Catholic Italy/France (very religious, Suits will sorta be like Heavy carvery. Armored, fast, lance main weapon(integrated gun like in 00 and IBO{I think}) .
>>
Include THE XINGKE

PUSH IT
>>
>>13890623
The what?
>>
>>13890602
I'm also writing a Mecha story, though mine's a lot goofier, or at least I think so.

It's set in our universe roughly 1500 years from now. The long and short of it is Trump wins the upcoming election, fucks it up and starts WW3. Eventually it ends up as everyone vs North America. After a few generations of total world war, a lot of it was similar to the cold war without actual combat between the major powers, the Trump dynasty selects around 20000 people who they believe worthy enough to bring America back to it's glory days by recreating America in space, So they build a version of Trump Towers as a colony, scaled up many times obviously, which they somehow eventually station on the surface of Mars. In 3516 on November 8th they launch a crusade to bring Liberty and Freedom back to planet earth. The USS Donald Trump and it's sister ship the USS George Washington lead a fleet in the direction of Earth. The main protagonists are a Sergeant in the PAI (Power Armored Infantry), Juan-Marcos, and the Captain of the USS George Washington, Timothy Trump.

I haven't introduced actual Mechs yet, but the heavy ordnance armor is about 3.5m tall, so it's kinda scopedog sized. Not sure to even classify it as PA at that point, but the way the person wears it is more akin to PA than a piloted suit. The actual normal grunt PA is about 2 to 2.5m tall depending on model and job. I want to work AI into it somewhere since I have a colossal hard-on for buddy AI's.

I'm not an American so I'll probably get things wrong along the way but w/e it's not like anyone but me will ever read this thing.
>>
>>13890602
Btw OP you might want to turn editing off when you share googledocs, unless your just using it to show your progress.
>>
>>13890757
As it is the only person who can edit is myself. the shared lick only lets people comment and make suggestions.
>>
>>13890616
In practice, spears are the best weapons against swords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RWLxlzTiM

You could say its also a rifle or something, that its equal parts projectile to close combat, depending on how its used (hand-held vs arm mounted).

The question is what drove the purpose to use robots?
>>
>>13890836
The use of mech was first thought of by the young Jovian commander Vercingetorix (whose name means 'victor in 100 battles'). He found that towards the being of their rebellion due to Jupiter's severe lack of warship that fighting the Earth fleets would be nearly impossible. Not only that but they lacked any meaningful numbers of strike craft (Earth have full wings of F/A-118s, futuristic versions of today's f18 super hornet.) his solution was to retrofit numerous mobile workers (used in mining, construction, and high gravity gas collections) into highly agile, heavy armored, assault units that could quickly strike and disable or destroy enemy warships and could outmaneuver the Federation F-118 and destroy them. Jupiter had plenty of these mobile workers since most of the ones from the inner planet had been moved to Jupiter to help expand their infrastructure. Also luckily these mobile workers were transported by specially designed carrier ships used to move them in great numbers between moons and planets. These too would be retrofitted.
>>
File: gn-x III lance.jpg (420 KB, 2040x1404) Image search: [Google]
gn-x III lance.jpg
420 KB, 2040x1404
>>13890836
Lance would be similar to the GN-x 3's they'd also carry a shield to withstand anti-air (25mm phalanx CIWS) and some missile attacks.
>>
>>13890733
Trump would sooner fuck us up economically by forcing his great deals on countries that don't want to comply or forcing them to help pay for our garrisons overseas and shit. Also the US could literally defend from the rest of the world at once.

Still sounds like a fun story and I won't let my autism get in the way of your space Trump Towers.
>>
Now that i think about it I've put a fuck ton thought and detail into this project.
>>
File: RGM Late UC.jpg (486 KB, 1339x816) Image search: [Google]
RGM Late UC.jpg
486 KB, 1339x816
>>13890616
Was the increased resentment because of killing that one ship or because they put large portions of the population under quarantine?

Pic related has some good Roman designs, combine that with some cues from Cosmo Babylonia and Earth sounds like a cool place to be. Does Mars act more like Anaheim where they take parts from both sides (not hard when scrap is bound to be everywhere) and reverse engineer to manufacture and sell shit through trade? Or are they exclusively for protecting themselves/their trade ships?

How's piracy? Historically, pirates were state-sponsored and had good firepower, so they might have mecha. However recent pirates are lone wolves or act in small organizations like gangs or cartels and have much less relative firepower, but they could still end up with mecha somehow. For example, Mars-sponsored fuckery or privateering a shipment of parts/spare mechas could land them a small force, kind of like how militant groups easily stole tons of modern equipment because our allies abandoned them rather than fight.

Are people really still so religious in the future? ISIS works modern day only because the middle east is very, very religious. I'd understand if bombings and the rest came from ideologies clashing but conversion seems strange. What does the religion entail and preach (and does it have a history or is it brand new?) for people to give their lives like that?

Who holds the manufacturing power? I'm guessing it's the colonies who rebelled so they ended up equal-ish.

How are the Hyper Hornets? I love fighters (hornets are up there but I have a few favorites above it) and I want to know more.
>>
>>13891120
O interviewed your questions but but also feel free to visit the link I posted which has what I've written down so far. It's sort of a rough draft

To start with the reason why Jupiter is so resentful of the Federation is because, yes the Federation put large portions of the population under quarantine because the virus first showed up in their space colonies and on Ganymede. Their average colony could sustain 5 - 10 million people and there were dozens of colonies built around the moons of Jupiter. The Federation were refusing to allow people who work from the colony that they were on to leave to go to their own home Colony. People were trapped where they were at the time of the lockdown for several months people wanted to get away from the sickness as well as the riots that it caused. The shuttle that tries to escape the quarantine has over 100 civilian passengers their deaths spark even greater outrage.
>>
>>13891120
Mars acts as a go between the two warring factions Earth and Jupiter. Primarily the process ores and gases harvested by the belt colonies, Ceres, and Jupiter. Those processed goods are then sold to Jupiter and earth. Mars plays both sides. Their military force consists performer Federation ships as they were a former Federation state. Although their numbers are not as large as Earth due to it never being necessary to maintain a large fleet. The battles between Earth and Jupiter leave plenty of debris in their orbit as several of the major battles were held over its surface. So Mars has been able to scavenge things such as reactors and energy weapon technology that was first developed by Jupiter then adopted by earth. To to gain its independence Mars developed in advanced strategic AI with the assistance of scientists in the asteroid belt the colonies built in the asteroids of the belt were also able to gain independence as they no longer wish to wish to be drafted into either side's military.
>>
>>13891120
The strategic ai acts much like the zero system from wing. It calculates most probable futures and selects and recommends the strategies that Mars should take and in the act. This includes predicted the strategies that Earth and Jupiter will use against each other. For the most part pirates are non-existent yet they still sometimes try to raid board and pillage merchant transports that go between the three planets. As a result many private military companies that originated in the belt have begun acting as mercenaries for all three sides to deal with and handle the Pirates. As a result they have been able to gain quite a few interesting Technologies as a result. Such as mobile suits and beam weapons. On one such colony that acts as a base for a PMC, Valhalla station, there are particularly advanced mobile suits. They also have quite a few scientists and Mineral Research scientist that they've been able to develop more resilient Mobile Suit armor in small quantities.
>>
>>13890733
You may not be American but by having the USS Donald Trump be followed (its literal sister ship) by the USS George Washington you absolutely understand the mindset of Trump supporters.
>>
>>13891120
The people at Jupiter are so religious because over the course of 40 years the main political leader of theirs was and is a very religious man. He was one of the first people to speak out against the Federation and use propaganda to help inspire people to his side and to further the hate of the Federation. Such propaganda that he used was that he said that the source of the virus was the Federation and that they had caused the outbreak. At the time when the escaping shuttle is destroyed he uses that to further show that the Federation is willing to kill them to protect themselves and the inner planets. His words incited much anger among the population causing them to lash out against the government. When a military ship that was still part of the Federation what was captain and ran by colonists from Jupiter decided enough was enough and wanted to fight back against the Federation and was destroyed its destruction accidentally caused the destruction of one of their colonies millions of people died. The people so angry and lost and it was this man's guidance and faith that helped unify them and the people of the colonies slowly adopted his faith as well. That face becomes many of their people's strengths. When they begin infiltrating earth they target regions on earth as well as colonies that have been neglected by the government. Places like the Middle East they target these regions because they also harbor anger towards the Federation government and then manipulate them into attacking sometimes. The whole conversion thing is kind of like when Christians send missionaries to third world countries only in this case it's backwards the third world countries are sending missionaries. The ones who usually adopt the face are people who were from Jupiter and move to earth before the fighting began and had family friends or loved ones who died in the fighting or in the accidents.
>>
>>13890602
If you want to design Roman-style mecha, try to think of the general motifs you find in Roman-expy material from other sources. For example, short helmet crests and cheek plates. I find Sandrock Gundam to be a pretty decent attempt although its shoulders are something else entirely.

Try to determine exactly why mobile suits are this amazing superior force, don't just say they are. This could tie into the technology behind them, are they piloted with conventional controls or mocap? One of the things I always thought would actually be a sensible reason for having humanoid mecha in combat is a mocap-style control system greatly reduces the amount of training time needed, as movements are intuitive. Also determine what ranges people fight at - if space combat isn't exclusively settled with missile fire thousands of miles apart, why is that?
>>
>>13891120
The manufacturing power is split up rather evenly. Capital ship production is very prevalent at Earth as the seat of power originally. A lot of smaller ships are produced at Jupiter because larger ships have trouble maneuvering next to all of the large planetary bodies. Since some of Jupiter's moons are larger than Earth's moons and one is even almost as big as Mars I think. Jupiter itself has a much stronger gravitational pull. Mars is kind of that in between they have plenty of small shops and large ships but most of them aren't military because they don't want to pose a major threat and rely mainly on superior strategy and tactics when threatened. Many years before when the main story begins mobile suit production lies mainly with Jupiter as they had Mobile worker production facilities because they were transported to Jupiter from from Earth and Mars because they didn't need to build many more colonies.
>>
>>13891120
The hyper Hornets act as fighter interceptor and bomber for the Federation towards the beginning of the story. They were great for seeking and destroying targets that tried to hide in the debris belt or in the asteroid belt. They also made great atmospheric fighters much like their predecessors. They even make a return later in the story. They are replaced by mobile suits because in space the mobile workers that mobile suits are based on were made for incredibly rugged environments such as the asteroid belt and Jupiter is high gravity making them able to withstand a lot of punishment. Sort of like in a10 warthog or a Russian attack helicopter. When the mobile worker was modified with additional maneuvering thrusters it was found but they were able to outmaneuver the f - 118 in a dogfight but not necessarily outrun them that would come later with improved booster backpacks. Many f - 118 or later upgraded to act as heavy space gunships with anti Mobile Suit missiles and high powered coil guns.
>>
>>13891372
Most of the wall of text posts are mine. I'm sure one of them has answers.
>>
>>13890947
>his solution was to retrofit numerous mobile workers (used in mining, construction, and high gravity gas collections) into highly agile, heavy armored, assault units that could quickly strike and disable or destroy enemy warships and could outmaneuver the Federation F-118 and destroy them.

so I guess your going to ignore the whole 'a real space battle will be foot over immense distances' dealio? I'm making a /m/ game and trying to work out a good setting for it at the moment, and from the research i've done, to make things anywhere believable you will need some sort of minovsky particle equivalent
>>
>>13890602
>Have trouble naming some things.
Lordy I know this feel. It used to seriously bother, so I just borrowed mythical names until I bought some RPG book.
>>
>>13891796
I'm think of using modern methods as examples as a work around. Ships will have many countermeasures. Reflective mirror chaff to prevent hard locks from lasers. Radar jamming, ships design like the stealth destroyer being made by America or a spray on stuff that absorbs radar waves. To prevent radar locking.

Fighting will consist of firing waves of missiles at each other while each side evades, intercepts, or is hit by them. These missile barrages will cover the advance of the mobile suits who also have many countermeasures to avoid or intercept missiles that lock on to them.
>>
>>13891954

Yeah I finally got around to a naming scheme. Carriers named after famous roman cites. Example Syracuse. Ship classes named after Rivers and provinces. Examples Rhine class destroyer and Macedonia class cruiser.

Still struggle with last names and naming new characters a little.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.