[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kamen Rider Ghost 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 21
File: evilspecters.png (386 KB, 662x420) Image search: [Google]
evilspecters.png
386 KB, 662x420
http://over-ti.me/releases/kamen-rider-ghost-18/
>>
File: BoostSanzo18.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
BoostSanzo18.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: SexSlaveSpecter.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SexSlaveSpecter.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>
File: IgorGanmaChangeTransform.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
IgorGanmaChangeTransform.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Boost18.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Boost18.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Trampoline-kun.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Trampoline-kun.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Himiko18.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Himiko18.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: Yurusen getting burnt.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Yurusen getting burnt.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>13883823
He... he's gone!
Trampoline-kun disappeared! LIKE A GHOST!
>>
File: WaterandOilfinisher.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WaterandOilfinisher.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>13883835
A spooky disappearance.
>>
>>13883823
How do you think they pulled that stunt off so he didn't hurt himself? Mirrored the shot so you only see half the jump (and did the same for the monster) and he's going to land on a bag that's off shot? It looks like he's about to come down on the stairs, and if he doesn't stick that landing it's going to be hell on the knees and lower legs.
>>
File: Firstrule.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Firstrule.webm
3 MB, 640x360
And that's all I made this week. I'll go back and do the takoyaki one after I watch the episode.

>>13883845
Either that or Igor's suit actor catching him which I don't think works out right.
>>
I love that little opening scene between Akari and Onari. It's nice to see their opposite personalities bounce off of each other without just screaming and making goofy faces for once.
>>
>show trying to play Newton as a sort of hyper-rationalist scientist

Newton was a damn good scientist who established a lot of principles that we still follow today in terms of laws of motion, optics, and other fields, but the guy ALSO wrote treatises on theology.

Now, granted he was a Deist so his belief wasn't in an immanent and present God like other Christian thinkers, but he still saw the universe as a reflection of divine order.
>>
>>13883873
He also predicted the end of the world for no earlier than 2060 and wrote about alchemy.
>>
File: TakoyakiEyecon.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
TakoyakiEyecon.webm
1 MB, 640x360
Takoyaki.
>>
>>13883944
That scene was weird. usually someone mistaking takoyaki for eyecons would be a comedy scene, but the music, mood and flow of that scene were non-comedic.
>>
>>13883961

I think more because it's framed from Alain's point of view.
>>
File: Big Meaty Takotaki.jpg (49 KB, 580x484) Image search: [Google]
Big Meaty Takotaki.jpg
49 KB, 580x484
>>13883944
>>
>>13883944

Takoyaki is one of those Japanese foods I've always wanted to try, but you can't exactly readily find it in the US. I would imagine it's pretty close to calamari taste-wise, but I'm just assuming because they're both made from fried tentacled sea creatures.
>>
>>13884027
I'd like to eat it, but unfortunately I am allergic.
>>
>>13883961

Aran's heel-face is obviously going to be fueled by his slowly growing appreciation for "the beauty of the human world." He's clearly naive about how things work here and Imouto is going to help him realize he wants to protect humans.
>>
>>13883813
Fuck I wish I could draw or photoshop or whatever the fuck just so I could see Ghost wearing different MOTW coats.
>>
>>13884027
It's bland as fuck like most of Japan food, don't bother.
>>
>>13883944
>Alan in a humor scene
Fuck he's not staying evil. At least leave Necrom with your brother or someone so we still have an evil Rider.
>>
>>13884038
Of course he'll turn good. Even if he didn't warm to humanity he would eventually turn against his family out of spite because they treat him condescendingly.
>>
>>13884041
I JUST WANT EVIL RIDERS!
>>
>>13884046
>Deep Specter
>>
File: 1437258576683.jpg (35 KB, 306x345) Image search: [Google]
1437258576683.jpg
35 KB, 306x345
Whoops, hit enter too early, but still, that VA for Himiko is too damn much.
>>
>>13883873
>chaos is rational
>>
>>13883944
He probably thought Kanon was the most metal person alive for 3 seconds.
>>
HAWK! ORCA! PEACOCK! LION!
>>
>>13883783
Not as fantastic as the latch batch of episodes, but still really good. Looks like the usual drop off in quality is going to happen later than usual in this series.
>>
>>13884038
Dr. Maki got humor scenes even in the penultimate episode...

>BOB MARLEY
>>
>>13884074

It's Tomokazu Seki.

No, really. He voices all of the Eyecons.
>>
Was there even any point in having Sanzo Necrom show up in this episode?

They've been pushing Onari x Akari pretty hard for the past few episodes.
>>
>>13884217
He's too good at all of these, if he was also Newton then bravo. I love it.
>>
>>13884218
I guess they didn't want to use Grimm and regular Necrom is in Makoto's Driver.

Really it was an odd choice. The way they presented it didn't make it look like a debut other than the pan around to show off the suit. They didn't even clearly play the jingle.
>>
>>13884228
Seki's all the Eyecon Spirits and the Proto Mega Ulorder.
>>
>Yurusen keeps getting hurt/blown up/fried

That's pretty harsh, show.
>>
>>13884253
In the eye don't forget. It's never her body, it's always the eye.
>>
>>13884259
Look at how fucking big her eye is. It's literally almost as big as her body.
>>
>>13883845
And if they did that much editing anyway, why didn't they edit the trampoline man out?

I'll be honest, when I saw pictures of this mistake and it was pointed out to me, I thought it was ridiculous. But seeing it in action, I barely notice the flaw at all.
>>
>>13884285
They probably figured that

1. He's half-obscured by the railing anyways, so it's not so easy to spot him, and the railing probably makes it a bit harder to cover him up with video editing.

2. The viewer's eye is going to be focused on Takaiwa making the jump, and it's only for about a second anyways.

Either way, mistakes happen. There was also that one time in Decade's World of Shinkenger episode where you could see one of the camera guys on the ground in the shot.
>>
>>13884331
Well, I was thinking more that they could have just cropped the dude out entirely
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 350x400
>>13884007
Dam Thas nice
>>
>>13884038
I am sure come near the end of the show they will have successfully made another MegaULoader and new Necrom-type Eyecon to be the Banno Driver of the season.

I hope it's Dark Red. Because blood.

I know that's edgy, but for what I assume would be a next-to-final boss (if it exists at all) it's fine. Good way to reinterpret the neon green ectoplasm, making it the more classical lifeforce of people.
>>
So specter gets houdini and now necrom within two episodes of each other....

Is this the fastest a rider gets thier upgrades?
>>
>>13884715
That suggests that becoming Necrom's bitch is really an "upgrade."

I do think it's weird how he got beat down and mindfucked a mere two episodes after he got a hold of Houdini, though.
>>
>>13884715
>necrom
>upgrade
He's being possessed, how is that an upgrade?
>>
>>13884738

His heart was already possessed by Alain
>>
>>13884954
You know, I'm usually not the type to say things are gay when it's not outright stated but I can't see Alain as anything but gay for Makoto.
>>
>>13884966
I'm pretty sure one of the writers said that said feeling is intentional
>>
I really like how Takeru tried to shoot Alain while he was distracted with Makoto's resistance. He was clearly out for blood to get Makoto back to normal.
>>
Also:
http://over-ti.me/releases/kamen-rider-ghost-legendary-rider-souls-02/
>>
whats spectors gimmick?

i get that nekrom = eye drop/ contacts and boost = sunlight/ sunglasses weapon, what does spector have?
>>
>>13885227
I'm pretty sure you're lying.
>>
>>13886164

Jobbing.
>>
>>13884027
I ate it once and it was good but hot as fuck
>>
>>13886211
Just like his fellow predecessors before him.
>>
>>13884027
It's...okay. When I had it, it tasted alright (The sauce and mayo helped), but octopus is way too chewy for me.
>>
>minor character repping my school

That's pretty neat. Kamen Rider is the last show I'd expect this kind of thing though.
>>
>>13886164
Being worse than Skyfall.
>>
>Nyaa's down again

Goddamit.
>>
Spectrom
>>
Side note, Sanzo Soul is capable of telekinetic control, judging by the ring attack- I wouldn't be surprised if he needed it to directly control Necter.
>>
>>13883961
I really liked that, but I couldn't quite explain why before you pointed it out. It wasn't all goofy soundtrack and ehhhhhhhh?! The joke was a bit understated.
>>
>>13886350
The jacket's been showing up on and off for a while now. It's really bizarre. I gotta wonder how they got their hands on one of our jackets.
>>
>>13886350

>NC State

>school

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>13884183
OOO was surprisingly grey with the characters right to the end. Maki was a funny autist throughout the series, Ankh was both a final boss candidate and Eiji's ally even during the final episode, Cakeboss' morality was totally separate from the Greeed/OOO dynamic, etc. Even the Greeed became more sympathetic once Eiji felt what they felt.
>>
I am seriously wondering what's the purpose of Akari and the monk dude
>>
>>13887144
Stay mad, CHASS major
>>
>>13887214

I think the major theme of this season so far is Takeru being a mediator between different sides in conflict. You have the human world vs. the Ganma world with Makoto vs. Alain, and then spiritualism and emotion vs. science and empiricism with Onari vs. Akari.

The irony of Akari's speech about how Onari is a good person, and that science should be used for the good of other people, is not a scientific statement at all. It's one based on moral claims which rely on a different set of heuristic principles and epistemology to derive itself.
>>
File: 1425567820960.jpg (71 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1425567820960.jpg
71 KB, 640x512
>>13886326

Japanese mayo isn't so much eggs and vinegar as it is MSG paste, right?
>>
>>13887214
>>13887549
I think you're giving modern Rider way too much credit, anon.

Akari is there to be the girl, and Onari is there to make funny faces at the camera.
>>
>>13883944
>Kanon didn't offer Alain a takoyaki
This really, legitimately, bothered me when I watched it. Took me out of the entire fight afterwards.
>>
I think it's interesting that hell and its ghost citizens have use for science and have no war.
Though it being governed by royalty with western names is weird, maybe even though they are played by Japanese they are actually meant to be Europeans, like the Japanese speaking eyecons are western people like Robin and Newton.
>>
>>13887089
I'm more wondering why they picked that specific character to wear it
>>
>>13887738
Presumably he isnt able to or doesnt want to eat being a full blown Ghost, Kanon would know this
>>
>>13887577
I don't know about that, but it does taste different than American mayo. A lot of Japanese people put mayo on fucking everything.
>>
>>13886350
I used to go to state so I lost my shit when that jacket first turned up.
>>
Man, I'm enjoying when Necro shows up just for the BGM that plays. It should be named "I'm here to fuck things up"
>>
yoooooooo! i ship Kanon and Aran!
>>
>>13889066
HEY YO!
ESTA KAMEN RIDER GOMMIES
>>
>>13888116

Narita and Shibuya have been around. It's a little weird that they wear normal casual clothes over their monk garb, though.
>>
>dat Alain/Makoto fight out of suits
The last great unsuited fights were what, Fourze?
>>
>>13889925
There were several damn good ones in ToQger. Hikari's actor knows his martial arts.
>>
>>13889925

I liked the Wizard fight against Legion. Lots of flipping and all that.
>>
>>13886350
>>13887089
>>13888268
Chapel Hill is better.
>>
>>13890780
>Get rekt by Duke last night
>Better
>>
>>13890995
At least we aren't 13-13.

Last night still stings though. Being a UNC fan has been difficult the last few years.
>>
Is he retarded?
>>
>>13891052
>TABATAH!
Kanom must have looked so fucking metal, devouring the souls of the dead
>>
>>13887214
>>13887549
So they are supposed to be Spock and McCoy? If so they've done a poor job so far, although this ep was better in that regard.
>>
>>13887577
Mayonnaise is oil, eggs and plain vinegar. Japanese mustard is the same except they use a sweeter vinegar like apple vinegar, and there's a bit of MSG in there too.
>>
>>13891134
Shit, Mayonnaise, not Mustard.
>>
>>13887089
Toei tends to raid thrift stores for costumes, so more than likely an exchange student sold/donated it there. It used to be you'd get a lot of old US military clothes on shows and that's because they'd raid the thrift stores around the bases.
>>
>>13884736
Takeru got his ass kicked in Toucon Boost against MOTW while one week ago he was stomping Javert.

Also, Necrom is currently stronger than both Ghost and Spectre at their best so its natural Spectre would lose easily.
>>
I like how, in a show about heroes, Ghost really is making Akari and Onari into heroes in their own right. They're never going to make a real impact, but they've both been pretty proactive and standing up to the villains, and I think it's done a better job with them than some of the other recent supporting casts. Still find the characters themselves a little annoying, but they're growing on me.

Also love Sanzo soul, but I'm a sucker for anything Journey to the West themed.
>>
>>13891283

Akari and Onari are basically Booty Cop and Chinchin Puipui done right.
>>
>>13891000
>mfw not a part of the wolfpac but my team has a 13-13 record.
2spooky
>>
Did an enemy general just use a transforming device to turn into the MOTW and do stuff himself?

Didn't expect that from Igor. I thought he would be another one of those stay back and releases minions kind.
>>
>>13891934
Sometimes, you gotta get shit done yourself in the name of SCIENCE
>>
>>13891934
Gotta show off the Proto Mega Ulorder somehow so it can be sold on the Premium Store.
>>
>>13887672

Oh I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it's a neat parallel between the different character dynamics this season. I hope they build more on it.
>>
>>13887214
Akari is the Hermione to Onari's Ron.
>>
>>13893209
If we're talking book versions and not movie versions, sure.
>>
>>13883944
This scene made me actually interested in the characters more so than any other scene in Ghost so far (which has more to do with how completely blandly Ghost's characters are written, but still, good scene).
>>
>>13887738
Kanon as a whole is really bothering me. Something about her doesn't seem human.

It's like whenever she's on screen and talking, she always comes off as being high off her ass and dazed as fuck. Like whenever it's her time to be on camera, she's just getting off a blunt. Mix that in with her princess-y sister persona and it's just creepy.

I don't know if that is on purpose of is she is just naturally like that. Or if she actually does get high off her ass.
>>
>>13896121
It might help if her every other word wasn't "oniichan".
>>
>>13896121
My theory is it's just bad acting and doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>13895497
Probably because the recent 2 eps weren't done by the main writer of Ghost, but rather a fill-in Keiichi Hasegawa who also did episodes of W/Fourze, the Accel movie and the Bahamut anime. He is imo probably a better writer than the main writer of Ghost.
>>
>>13896535
A man who enjoys Ghost very much if you go by his twitter.
>>
>>13896121

She's a sixteen year old idoru and this is her first real live TV role, so she's going to come off as stiff and awkward, especially when 95% of her lines consist solely of the word "onii-chan" repeated over and over.
>>
>>13896121
>Or if she actually does get high off her ass.
She spent her childhood in actual hell. It's the only way she feels anything.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.