[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[EG] Zeta Gundam V2 Remux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: screenshot0004.png (3 MB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0004.png
3 MB, 994x720
Remux of EG's V2's. FLAC Japanese audio from R2 Blu-rays, FLAC Englsh audio from US Blu-rays. Subs for episodes 1-5 from EG, the rest will be from the American Blu-rays with EG's styling. Still a work in progress, I'll get back on it in a minute.

https://mega.nz/#F!AYQz3Lxa!UWKx8IPwFsCb8nbr8Jh0Vw

Please don't bulli me RX for the love of God
>>
>>13854545
ordered chapter or not?
>>
File: screenshot0005.png (3 MB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0005.png
3 MB, 994x720
>>13854556
Nope.

Oh there is a sign track too for the dub, from the US BD's.
>>
>>13854562
Just remember to actually go over the subs, make sure there are no OCR errors and correct any lines that are inaccurate, like what was done to the first 5 episodes.
>>
>>13854698
I tried editing the BD subs myself like the autistic little monkey I am, but then decided to just use RX's subs for these episodes. They didn't seem to have any OCR errors (the BD subs), just some light need of editing. Kinda suprising considering the very roundabout procress I got those subs with.

I know to go over OCR errors at least. I made a couple video encodes of the 2001 009 series that came with subs muxed into the DVD. I tried editing those and even tried to add subtitles for the theme songs, but stopped because I was having trouble with translated lyrics for Genesis of Next (just pulling shit I find online because I can't moon.)
>>
File: screenshot0006.png (3 MB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0006.png
3 MB, 994x720
Episode five is up
>>
>>13854556
>ordered chapter
Go back to 2011.
>>
>>13854545
This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you on behalf of myself and those who won't bother.
>>
>>13854753
If the subs are from the BDs, they should be much easier to OCR accurately due to the higher bitmap resolution.
>>
>>13855466
RX, I'd like to apologize to you and every /m/an on the board here for disappearing. I now realize I should not have taken on so much work at once. I've also been battling recurring depression and I fled the board after it hit me again. I came back to see if somebody else had taken up the work and I'm glad to see this thread. Again, I'm very sorry I let you down, man.
>>
>>13855601
Jeez, no wonder you were gone. Don't worry too much about it though. Champstice had to struggle with depression himself and wound up becoming happy by doing fansub projects, a hobby he enjoys, so know that you're not alone. You can pull through.

Still, I hope that you can at least get to finish that Dragon Ball project of yours (SDF Macross can wait, since it does already have a good release from BunnyHat as is).
>>
OP here, had a bit of an incident with family, going to bed soon. Hopefully thread will be up tommorow.
>>
bampu
>>
>>13854545
Why are the first 5 episodes subbed by EG? Is something up with the American blu-ray subs? I haven't gotten around to watching the new official version yet.
>>
>>13855601

Man, I'm just glad you're still here, with us. Take your time, look after yourself, do what you have to, what you want to. Us dumb shits will still be here to mooch your work, if you ever feel the desire to do it again. If not, that's okay too.
>>
>>13854545

Just please fix that damned translation error about the missing RX-178. Please. That thing will bug me until the stars burn cold.
>>
>>13858804

From what I'm aware, the EG subs are the second round of American DVD subs.

So it's just a matter of sourcing those subs.
>>
>>13858804
I just used them so I didn't have to do them over again. Don't fix what isn't broken, that sort of thing. Episode six had a line missing in the Blu-ray subs so I had to re-download the old EG version to get the line. Hopefully that dosen't happen again so I don't have to keep redownloading stuff I deleted.

Episode 6 uploading right now.
>>
File: screenshot0007.png (3 MB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0007.png
3 MB, 994x720
Episode six is up.
This episode's subtitles are sourced from the US Blu-rays. I combed through them trying to fix OCR errors, I apoligize in advance if any are left. There was a line missing so I added it from the V1 EG release. I didin't know if I could in Aegisub, so I combined the OP and ED subs with cat and it seemed to work well. Praise Stallman.
>>
File: 1407050809577.jpg (66 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1407050809577.jpg
66 KB, 720x480
>>13859633
Are you going to put a complete batch on nyaa later on?

Thanks
>>
>>13859851
I can. I'm going to wait until the next BD set comes out so I have FLAC audio to work with, but I'll make a batch for the first 25 episodes. My network is kinda shit though, and I have some computer related issues regarding my network, which might be hard to explain.
>>
>>13854545
Thanks man!
>>
Episode seven uploading.
My OCR software keeps cutting out a single line. I added it in, don't worry. I'm gonna need to take a minute to see if I can find some better OCR tools on Linux.
>>
So glad someone finally stepped up for these. Thanks!
>>
bamp
>>
don't die on me, thread
>>
>>13859353
>>13859633
What was the missing line?
>>
Pretty based.
>>
>>13854545
Cool to see someone do this, you and EG both have my gratitude.

Just so you know, the first episode's English audio isn't synced up to the video. The rest of the episodes seem fine from what I've skimmed, but the first is way off.
>>
>>13869907
Damnit. Probably because I didn't know what I was doing with the software. Kind of new to this. I'll try to fix it, just might take a bit.

>>13864564
I think it was just Reccoa telling Kamille something before she went off to Earth, like "There are better things you could be doing now" or something, I can't remember. It was a line that came directly after another line. The other issue with a missing line was in episode 7 as well, also a line said directly after another. The subs are in the BD PGS files, my OCR software just fucked it up. (I'm using a script that uses Tessaract for the OCR.)
>>
>>13872712
SubtitleEdit? I've used that one quite successfully on some other discs.
>>
>>13872726
No, just some shit I got off the AUR. "vobsub2srt." I don't think SubtitleEdit runs in Linux (the Linux program called "Subtitle Edit" is some ancient program made for Gnome.)
>>
>>13872822
Can Wine run it?
>>
>>13872831
I'll give it a shot. I don't really use Wine much (though I do keep Staging around.)

When I open .srt in Aegisub it asks me to select a single character set because it says it can't read them all. I was wondering if maybe I was picking the wrong option (the first one) but for episode eight all three options give 306 lines. I guess we'll see.
>>
File: 1399497846065.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1399497846065.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
Thanks.

I was putting off doing something similar myself, strange how hard it is to find a quality dl of Zeta.
>>
Top tier shit, OP.
>>
Bump for the bump god.
>>
>>13876994
>strange how hard it is to find a quality dl of Zeta.
Once again, thank OZCuck for taking down his download, and all of its seeders with it.
>>
>>13882648
Wrong thread.

Also, you really don't get to be entitled about piracy.
>>
Bamp
>>
What was changed in V2? I think I only have the V1 release.
>>
File: what.jpg (148 KB, 1892x770) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
148 KB, 1892x770
Right is EG's BD and left is this "remux"
Why is the file size 200mb larger, but the video is so much more compressed?
>>
>>13888704
Because you are a moron and are comparing the normal version in episodes with the creditless version. Compare creditless with creditless or episode with episode.
>>
>>13888708
I actually compared the actual episode after I posted this and noticed they were the same. After downloading I thought I had been had and overreacted.
>>
>>13854545
>Subs for episodes 1-5 from EG, the rest will be from the American Blu-rays
So you're mixing subs from two different scripts? Why would you do that?
>>
>>13889170
Script is same. They just recycled the translation. I thought I'd be more likely to mess it up than EG would.

I'm going to have episode eight up tonight, I've been having a mental breakdown taking a break from something I could have knocked out in a week. I'm truly sorry.
>>
File: screenshot0008.png (3 MB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0008.png
3 MB, 994x720
Episode eight
https://mega.nz/#!hYozxC4L!9QasidvhF42X6KB2E2yRJTSYRVI-6CKnBzm2et9H92M

Alright, episode one's dub audio is fucked as anon said. I'll start work on episode nine in a moment, but if someone wants to chime in I'll fix the dub audio when I'm done with this episode, in case you wanted to start from the beginning with the dub.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (2 KB, 77x90) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
2 KB, 77x90
>>13854545
>FLAC
Why, for the love of God, for what purpose? To bloat the filesize? To gloat about "muh lossless"? I study multimedia technologies and this triggers me deeply.
>>
>>13888715
I think it's because for the V1s with the ordered chapters, EG used the clean OP instead of the one normally attached to episodes which is usually very blurry because they have the burned in credits.

If you compare the footage in episodes instead of stuff in the OP/ED it should be fair.
>>
>>13854545
Do you plan making BD Rips of Megazone 23?
>>
>>13898326
Flac is a bit less than twice the size of 320kbps mpeg 3 audio (assuming it's a slowly encoded flac) , which is to say, not that big, and it's half the size of directly transferred PCM usually.

I will say that it's still kinda big for a visual media, but it sounds great on a good soundsystem usually.

the big issue is compatability.
>>
>>13898889
For stereo sound there's really no reason to not just use 192kbps AAC. 320kbps MP3 is fucking old and ineffective, and FLAC is needlessly big. I also think it's hypocritical to offer lossless audio but then using destructive compression for the video.
>>
>>13898889
>320kbps
CBR 320kbps is a deprecated format. It's simply pointless to use anymore. If you want MP3, then you use VBR at around 200-250kbps, which gives the same audio transparency as CBR 320kbps with lower filesize.
>mpeg 3 audio
MPEG-2 Audio Layer III. MPEG-3 is a standard that was never widely used, because it turned out MPEG-2 was good enough for HDTV. Just clarifying.
>but it sounds great on a good soundsystem usually
Lossless audio is almost always undistinguishable to the human ear from properly encoded lossy files, such as an MP3 made using LAME's V0 VBR profile, AAC, or even better, 128kbps VBR Opus. Though Opus is not supported by a lot of devices yet. Lossless compression exists mainly for archival purposes, because it guarantees that when you make a lossy file from it, you will have no generational losses. It's nearly useless for playback. Any hearable difference is due to confirmation bias (and not the placebo effect, as some would say - they are slightly different things). You only think it sounds better because you know it's "supposed" to sound better. I severely doubt that you would be able to hear the difference in a blind test, and even if you would, you probably wouldn't be able to say which one is lossless.

tl;dr - FLAC is a waste of space unless you want an archival copy
>>
>>13898968
>RX makes these releases for posterity
>FLAC is for archival purposes
>people complain about FLAC cause REEE bloat

If it's really such a concern, just strip the audio file and then convert from and delete the FLAC track.
>>
>>13898999
The archival copy in this case are the original BDMVs. Your argument of this release being made for future watchers holds no ground, since while the audio is lossless, the video is destructively compressed, therefore it's worthless as an archival copy.

though I'd like to say that I'm not ungrateful. On the contrary, good job on this release. It's just that in my opinion, using FLAC is completely unnecessary for it.
>>
>>13898929
>>13898968
I really only used mp3 320 as a random example of lossy format filesize because I'm familiar with it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.