[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Wolf possibly finally getting a western release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
http://nichegamer.com/2016/01/devolver-digital-offer-to-bring-metal-wolf-chaos-westward/

I hope From takes them up on the offer.
>>
THANKS BEST FRIENDS ZAIBATSU

NOW STOP DELAYING THE BLAZBLUE FISTICUFFS YOU DOUBLE CANUCKS
>>
>>13805461
I hope this happens, I've been wanting to play this, but I really don't want to either go though the trouble of buying and modding an Xbox, then pay $300+ for the damn game, or doing the Xbox thing then pirating it. (Most of it is I don't want another console taking up room just to buy it for one game)
>>
It'd probably end up being Xbone exclusive because Microsoft was involved but fuck it, I'd buy one just for it.
>>
I've never had an Xbox but I've seen some footage of Metal Wolf Chaos and it's absolutely bonkers. I want to play it in some way or another, hopefully on PC.
>>
>>13805517
If you get an xbawks you should also be prepared to shell out for Steel Battalion.
>>
File: 1442833384914.gif (173 KB, 324x412) Image search: [Google]
1442833384914.gif
173 KB, 324x412
>>13805461
Metal... WUUUOOOLLLLFFFFFEEE?
>>
>>13805461
YES
>>
>>13805461
>Inb4 XBONE exclusive
>>
>>13805538
That means they can still do a PC release though. Like their license that allows Battletech/Mechwarrior games only on XBOX, and Windows.
>>
>>13805563
From isn't stupid. They'll put it on Steam.
>>
>>13805576
>From isn't stupid

>"why should we ever bother to design a netcode that works outside of Japan for our multiplayer centric game?"
>>
>>13805461
Sounds just like something Devolver would do. They're... kinda out there.

Success hasn't been good to them though. I don't understand what possessed them to write that cop-out alternate reality plotline for Hotline Miami II.
>>
>>13805625
The bad thing is I don't know if you're talking about the shitty netcode in Souls, or the Shitty netcode in Verdict Day.
>>
>>13805641
Didn't Devolver only publish Hotline Miami? I thought it was made by like, two guys

Unless I'm thinking of some other game
>>
I heard the some of the gameplay was kinda mediocre but the dialog and narrative were so over the top that the game had a certain charm to it

I recall playing a brief snippet of it once when the original Xbox was still current
It was included as a hidden demo on one of the Xbox Magazine demo disks that you had to decrypt the right button combo to access it, using the controller feedback
>>
>>13805641

> I don't understand what possessed them to write that cop-out alternate reality plotline for Hotline Miami II.

They have absolutely nothing to do with that.
They're just a publisher for indie games and the only thing they do is marketing, publishing and brightening up your day with Fork Parker tweets.
>>
>>13805625
Admittedly why would they. The Souls games will sale and the market for their mecha games are too small to warrant the effort.
>>
>>13805646
5/VD, mostly.

I guess the Souls saga as well outside of PC release where Steamworks pretty much saves the day for Fromsoft.

But yeah, they're kinda oblivious to the world around them. I'm sure the netcode is amazing when you limit yourself to Japan, but it's dildos in actual practice.
>>
>>13805727
This pretty much.

The souls is the golden goose they've found that does well in the home market and abroad and people are willing to tolerate the netcode. (I do as well I admit, but nine times out of ten I don't honestly bother with any non co-op MP in Souls unless some fuckwhistle invades me)
>>
>>13805752
At least the president of From is claiming that DS3 will be the end of the Souls and Bloodborne games.
>>
>>13805461
YEEEEEESSSSSS
>>
>>13805641
Nah, Devo is something special. They are always on the look out for fun and unique titles. They may not appeal to everyone, but they are all interesting. And I could totally see them doing something like this.

And it wasn't them who wrote the plotline for Hotline. The Devs wrote it to piss off the fans because HM1 was suppose to be a oneshot. And they were totally not into making a storyline for their univerise. So they made it as cryptic as possible.
>>
>>13806043
Maybe then Miyazaki will make AC6 like he said he wants to
>>
File: ATNWq.jpg (393 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
ATNWq.jpg
393 KB, 3264x2448
Smells like Freedom. I hope it happens.
>>
The Japanese version is already easily playable and mostly in English with English VAs, wouldn't give a shit about a localization desu
>>
>>13807043
Not everyone wants to buy and mod an original Xbox just to play one game.
>>
>>13807049
A localization will stop them from having to buy an original Xbox how?

>>13806043
I don't think he said anything about Bloodborne.
>>
>>13807072
>A localization will stop them from having to buy an original Xbox how?
Because said localization presumably won't be released for an almost 15 year old system.
>>
>>13805665
You heard wrong, Metal Wolf plays extremely well.
>>
>>13807213
Except in a couple places where the framerate just DROPS
>>
>>13807226
I meant it plays well in teems of design and control. I'm kind of surpriseed it doesn't chug more honestly with all the stuff going on.
>>
>>13807244
Oh, well yeah. The guy behind DaS2 directed Metal Wolf.
>>
>>13806043
Speaking of DS3: https://twitter.com/senden_ogu/status/692391440773611520
> Thumbnail looks like the guy on the cover is leaning forward to give a thumbs up
>>
>>13806043
I'll believe it when I see it, that said I like those games, but honestly wouldn't give a crap if they were the last ones, I miss forms mech games more than I'd ever miss souls.
>>
>>13807072
Because the localization would likely be ported to a digital release for cheap as hell on modern systems not an outdated VCR.
>>
>>13805517
>Most of it is I don't want another console taking up room just to buy it for one game
The OG Xbox has a really solid library. If you mod it you can put in a larger hard drive and load it up with every game you could possibly care to play.
>>
>>13807072
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/
>I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future.
He didn't specifically say no more Bloodborne, but he did in the very least say he didn't want to wear the series out.
>>
>>13808960
I can certainly understand how he feels, though I'd be sad to see the series go...I can't think of many others who have nailed both the atmosphere and combat quite right. The Witcher's cool I guess but it definitely doesn't play like a Souls game, and from what I've heard, stuff like "Lords of the Fallen" try to mimic Souls but doesn't succeed very well at all.
>>
>>13806043
I'll believe that when he stops making Souls games, they lied before or did you forget how that abomination that was ACE:R was supposed to be them only learning how to use the engine and there would be more ACE games?
>>
>>13809222
That was before ACE:R turned out to be a colossal kusoge of near legendary proportions, I mean that is a pretty huge fall to make.

One year you put out ACE 3 which is well received and incredibly and creates a lot of hype behind it. Then you put out ACE:R...
>>
>>13807043
>desu
Faggot
>>
>>13809243
Relax, it's wordfilter senpai
>>
>>13807043
here's your reply shitposter-kun :^)
>>
>>13806614
Oh? Well, my bad then.

Thank god for that, that means it's just a few assheads who flunked that one.
>>
>>13805461
keep the dub please mister president
>>
This is the best president-related news I've seen all year.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm voting Michael Wilson 2016.
>>
File: dog.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>13805576
>From Software
>PC
>>
wasn't this game banned because they used the actual US presidential seal?
>>
>>13812649
No.
>>
I AM THE PRESIDENT

OF

THE UNITED
STATES

OF AMERICA
>>
>>13812649
If that was the problem they could have easily changed it.
>>
>>13812668
BELIEVE

IN

YOUR OWN JUSTICE
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.