[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Grunts can reach UNDERSTANDING >Newtypes can't Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: UNDERSTANDING.jpg (79 KB, 1328x720) Image search: [Google]
UNDERSTANDING.jpg
79 KB, 1328x720
>Grunts can reach UNDERSTANDING
>Newtypes can't
Why?
>>
>>14455144
lol tomino
>>
On one hand, I really like that shot and the idea of the Feds and Zeon finally working together. On the other hand, it just... isn't explained properly. Why the fuck does Zeon just stop when they're about to win? Are they moved by Amuro's words? Do they hear what Char really believes and disagree with him?

Do they suddenly realize their mistake? Do they have a last second change of heart? Are they moved by the self sacrifice of the feddies? No real reason is given and it makes what should've been a cool moment kind of awkward.

I love CCA, but this bit is just odd.
>>
>>14455185
Zeon didn't change. Only 3 Zulas changed their minds. I imagine the rest of Zeon thought "job well done, now let's get the fuck out of here"

Those three probably only just realised the gravity :^) of their decision when immediately faced by it. Couple that with Amuros inspirational actions and you've got room for them to change their minds.
>>
>>14455185
Just like how the psycoframe resonance caused a Feddy fleet that was sitting on their asses nearby to suddenly join in, the same feeling suddenly enveloped those zeeks. Apparently they've been caught up in the whole movement and never really stopped to think how awful dropping an asteroid on Earth is.

There's some nice (if stiffly translated) dialogue from the Beltorchika's Children manga version of events.

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16097

>Those who have survived the Luna II surprise attack (still near Luna II) starts to look for any ships that can move in order to participate in the battle. The Earth Orbital Fleet near Side 4 orders the launch of their MS in hoping to break apart some of Axis. Another Orbital Fleet gives out the same command. Their captain tells the pilots, "If it is not within the range, use 1 MS to push another MS. At least 1 will make it to Axis."

See, the quote is how they should have been thinking in the first place. Earth is about to get fucked yet they've been doing jackshit. It took a minor miracle of human willpower to nudge their minds into doing the right thing. Who cares if a Jegan pilot gets stranded and lost in space when Earth is going to be lost, at least they'll push one of their allies toward Axis to help out.
>>
>>14455144
Char and Amuro reached UNDERSTANDING which was the reason Axis Shock happened. Those grunts didn't have psycoframe magic and so their only contribution was a brief interjection into the conversation between newtypes.
>>
>>14455254

Char literally said he felt human minds converging and he felt warmth from it, not fear
>>
>>14455222
>>14455227

Those explanations make sense. We really only did see 3 Geara Dogas make a move, and I myself have realized that I wasn't thinking clearly when swept up by emotions before, so it's not impossible.

I can accept that. Thanks.
>>
>>14455144
>Hur dur let's all just change our minds in the last second

This was dumb. This was literally all their objects but no, let's all hold hands and sing kumbai fucking yah!
>>
>>14455430
>No one has ever regretted massacring civilians
t. autism
>>
>>14455227

The pysoframes don't appear to cause that though, Chan's ghost using the magic T does if I recall. The Feddies didn't join in before because they'd be specifically ordered not to cause problems with Char since no-one really knew what he was up to. Amuro and Bright disobey orders and investigate with Londo Bell, helping fight to stop him dropping Axis. The other fleets don't realise that's what's happening till the end, and leave and join in when they do because Chan's ghost told them in some manner.
>>
I'll never cease to be impressed by /m/'s lack of understanding of CCA or newtype "shenanigans" in general.
>>
>>14456231

I'll never cease to be completely unimpressed by people going "you guys just don't understand, but of course, I do". And then not actually displaying any understanding at all.
>>
Grunts have always been the primary victims of space war
>>
>>14456243
Why would I? Most of the doubts presented here were already addressed by far more articulated people.

If you have anything else to add, I'll try and explain my interpretation of things.
>>
>>14455144
Why is it so weird to you that space autists have a hard time mingling with other people
>>
>>14456258

If you just want to flaunt apparent knowledge and think that's enough, more power to you. I already made a post in this thread and I'm not going to beg for your superior understanding. I just think it's unimpressive, borderline funny.
>>
>>14456299
Dude, it's just that better people already explained most of it in this very thread in a way vastly better than what I would have been capable of doing in this half-asleep state I find myself in. (>>14455227 >>14455222)

I'm not trying to attack or diminish anyone and was myself just making a joke about /m/'s incessant complaining of newtype aspects. I mean, how many threads per week do we get about CCA not making any sense? I still remember how we used to get almost daily "she could've been a mother to me" threads.

To try and chill you out, I'll attempt to address some posts with my own interpretation, as wrong and silly as it may be:

>>14455185
As with many of the huge newtype occurrences in the many UC series, Axis Shock can only truly be explained by the author. Since Tomino is not likely to pop up and give us that any time soon, we are bound to have multiple interpretations.

To me, it is somewhat related to what >>14455222 and >>14456074 wrote - as in, they realized that they were doing something silly probably mostly due to Amuro's will (maybe merged with a last minute reluctant Char's) newtyping itself into the grunts around them. It doesn't affect everyone, clearly, but it does get to a few of them.

If you take it as those few affected already being somewhat dubious of their actions, the sudden pull of Amuro's will would have been enough to make them try to reverse the situation. It has been a while since I watched any UC series, but...
>>
>>14456342
... but I am fairly sure there are a few examples of a newtype either affecting or being affected due to someone (usually a newtype) presenting strong willpower.

In my opinion, that is what justifies those few Zeon soldiers having a change of heart so suddenly: it is not actually so suddenly. I would take a guess that those soldiers were already doubtful, they just received the push they needed.

Of course, this all just a wild guess that can't actually be proven, specially due to the soldiers in question being mere extras (as in the film sense) with no development or backstory, but it is what I would go with regarding this specific situation.

I thought there were more things presented in this thread to address, but I guess I was mistaken. Are you more content now that I am just "flaunting" my highly speculated opinions, >>14456299? I apologize for my silly opinions.
>>
>>14456099
The magic T is just a part of a psycoframe. It's all using the same type of magic.
>>
>>14456099
The T is a sample of the same psycoframe used in the Nu. All the psycoframe on the battlefield was resonating with each other and overloading, including the T.
>>
File: 1748988-yukajima_large.png (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1748988-yukajima_large.png
53 KB, 300x300
>>14455144
Isn't the Jegan that reaches out to grab a falling zeon suit piloted by Yuu "Blue Death" Kajima?
>>
>>14456342

If people in this thread have already explained it then there's really no lack of understanding. Not that I buy that thinking a minor thing is unclear constitutes a lack of understanding. Especially when you yourself just admitted that a person can only ever have an opinion on what happened because the events don't make it definite. If you were making a joke, then I don't think the tone really translated well across the internet, because there's serious posts just like it regularly. I do however apologize for jumping down your throat over it.

I don't share your interpretation though, and think Amuro effectively imprinting his will on them is an awful thing that actively takes away from the events depicted and makes their sacrifice lesser because it's not really their decision, but that of Amuro enacted through them. Doing that is basically a villainous action any other time I can think of something similar. I think it also takes away from the human coming together moment by implying that really, it was just all Amuro. My interpretation was that they saw that the Federation soldiers were all willing to die to protect Earth and realized a shared humanity in acting in the face of hopelessness, so helped them because even if their cause was won, they themselves were all but wiped out in the effort so winning wasn't as important to them anymore since while Char might care about the cause, they're not as concerned with it.

>>14457467

It is, but it isn't part of Amuro's will in that case, since it happens well before he does anything with the psycoframe. When Chan dies her ghost leaves the ReGZ as green light emerges from the explosion, and it then cuts immediately to Federation troops questioning whether they should help Londo Bell and saying their orders are to leave and not worry about coming back. Amuro hasn't even entered Axis at that point if I recall.
>>
File: legasy_01_069.jpg (558 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
legasy_01_069.jpg
558 KB, 800x1200
>>14457634

I am not sure where this was originally noted, but I know it has been assumed that it was for the longest time... But I think if it were true the Gundam Legacy manga probably should have covered it...
>>
File: legasy_01_070_071.jpg (1 MB, 1697x1200) Image search: [Google]
legasy_01_070_071.jpg
1 MB, 1697x1200
>>14457670
>>
>>14455185
Does it really need an explanation though? Axis Shock was a miracle because it went against the odds and expectations of everyone present. It was a truly monumental event and people were inspired by it and wanted to be a part of the miracle. Simple as that.
>>
>>14457646
I see what you mean. Chan's spirit within the T-psycoframe must have been picking up the sentiments of soldiers across the battlefield after she died.
>>
>>14457646
Eh, I had just waken up from a 2 hour sleep, so it's my fault as well for being so sour. I guess I am mostly just tired of seeing the same old CCA threads almost every week.

That said, now fully awake I notice I failed to fully explain my interpretation, being that I missed one major and important detail of it. I agree when you say the soldiers took the initiative in helping with Axis. I just think that Amuro's (and the Fed soldiers' as well) will helped them find the strength inside themselves to do so.

I'll again admit that it has been a long while since I saw the film, but what I like to take from it is that the huge newtype shenanigans that take place there, aside from the obvious physical effects, also acted in the purest newtype sense - in what at least I like to interpret being a newtype really is. In other words, understanding of one another.

After typing the above paragraphs I realize I actually cannot put it all into words in a way I'm happy with (I'll blame English not being my native language this time), but I'll leave it like so.

I appreciate the chat, mate. And worry not, this is 4chan after all. Such aggressiveness is to be expected.
>>
>>14455144
Newtypes are asses
>>
>>14455144
>trying to make sense of a tomino cartoon
>ever

How many more dreadlock'd robots doing the monkey does he need to create before people realize he's been throwing darts at an idea board this entire time?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.