[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody played Mekton's 1984 "white box"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 757x307) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 757x307
Would appreciate your folk's thoughts on it/how you felt playing it.
How do you think it could be improved? If you haven't played the "white box" edition, then feel free to sound off on whatever version you have played.

I might not post, but I'm listening.
>>
When I looked up Mekton all I got was Spanish super geometry dash gameplay.
>>
R Talos is that you

I think I know of two groups on /m/ who play Zeta, me being in one of them. Overall the mecha customization is pretty fun although balance can quickly go out the window. Character customization is broken since Reflex makes you a god among men while Cool and Empathy are similar but separate stats. There are some very usless skills, although a GM can work most in. But for example, there's First Aid and another called Medical or something, and they both do the same thing. I think one is a little harder to learn. As far as combat goes, you will usually run into situations where the rulebook doesnt really cover anything or the wording is too vague. A quick GM can just ad-lib and continue though. Combat is also very number crunchy, thank goodness we do everything on computer to simplify rolls. I pity any poor soul who decides to use a co-pilot for ECM. Honestly, it's fun to play. Not as great as it could be but the quirks of the rulebook are actually kind of charming. It isn't hindering, just a little rough. Overall I'd say an improvement in the combat (through simplification of some areas and specification in others) and improvement of the character system would be most important. Of course, changing combat means altering weapons which means changing mecha customization, but there are ways that could be improved too. Instead of shoving everything into Melee, Beam Melee, Ranged, Beam Ranged, and Missiles, sub-categories for certain types of weapons could be made. Things like the Ablative Armor system work great though, so the system isn't without its merits.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>14454295
White Box Mekton is a wargame, not an RPG.

>>14454950
It can't be anyone from RTG. They'd rather eat a bug than admit to the existance of White Box Mekton.
>>
>>14454950
not op, but how would you compare zeta to battletech/mechwarrior?
>>
>>14455763
It plays quite similar I find.
>>
Thanks everyone for your help.
I promise that it has been helpful.

Keep your ears open.
Don't give up the fight.
>>
>>14454753
Shame
>>
>>14458706
WHERE'S MY FUCKING BOOK, MIKE?

IT'S BEEN FOUR, FIVE YEARS NOW?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.