[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: GUNDAM WING.jpg (79 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
GUNDAM WING.jpg
79 KB, 704x480

>>
wing is shit
>>
>>13721006
Wing is shit

Heavyarms is better
>>
>>13721012
>Heavyarms is better
tru

WZC is GOAT though tbqhwymdf
>>
The animators could never make up their minds if the Leo had a traversing neck joint or not. This makes me unreasonably upset.
>>
>>13721046
No.
>>
>>13721004

How does it turn it's head
>>
>>13721313
It doesn't need to. It just goes fast as fuck straight ahead.
>>
>"Valkyrie" Tallgeese
>Just a green Tallgeese
>Piloted by a dude
WASTED POTENTIAL
>>
You forget that tech in Wing gets progressively shittier as time goes on.

Because that makes sense.
>>
>>13721100
Exactly this. Never understood!
>>
How did Tallgeese go so fast without fuel tanks?
>>
>>13721004

but they are, tallgeese is literally their equiv of RX-78-2 and the leos are even shittier GMs
>>
>>13721474
Except if you were to plop a Leo into any other universe, it becomes a killing machine. The Gundams in Gundam Wing are OP as fucking hell plot armor shits.
>>
>>13721787
>plop a Leo into the 00-verse.
>even Patrick Colasour styles all over it.
>>
>>13721795
>Due to the vast usage of stock footage depicting the Leos being destroyed with ease, a meme of sorts has started showing that the Leo is actually one of the weakest units in the Gundam metaverse.
>This has caused many to overlook its actual specs and balanced performance.
>>
>>13721100
it didnt more than it did so it doesnt
>>
>>13721803
>waaah muh bullshit numbers some intern had to write up on the box of a model kit
>>
>>13721313
IIRC the animators were inconsistent. I seem to remember one shot when the longswan was still in pieces and the head was shown lying on the ground without the mask. It still had that typical OZ look, but it was very much a separate piece and not just a stump growing out of the torso.
>>
>>13723310
Same with the non-fancy leos. Sometimes they're drawn turning their heads and sometimes they look like their heads are fused with their shoulders.
>>
>>13721004
>covering 80% of the camera lens with a facemask
>>
>>13723310
The first time we see the Tallgeese, the head is separate from the body and has a rounded neck joint protruding from the bottom of the head.
>>
File: cancer_tallgeese.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cancer_tallgeese.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>remembering all these parts when I last watched Wing
>listening to Wing soundtrack after learning that Ko Otani scored it

Urge... to pull out Wing DVDs again... rising...
>>
>>13723356
why is the ost so awesome
>>
Leo on the left has turned its head.
>>
File: c0urcL8.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
c0urcL8.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>13723371
>>
File: 1415911627966.jpg (149 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1415911627966.jpg
149 KB, 800x534
>>13721349
>>
>>13721349
>You forget that tech in Wing gets progressively shittier as time goes on.

Yeah, because the Leo is totally stronger than the Virgo II.
>>
File: 1449580600613.jpg (528 KB, 1400x935) Image search: [Google]
1449580600613.jpg
528 KB, 1400x935
>>13723361
psst....
...because wing is fun as hell, my guy
>>
>>13723383
>117 post and 17 images omitted.
>>
>>13723382
I could never tell if the mobile doll stomp the Leo so much because of the AI or because the Taurus and Virgo were just better machine.
>>
>>13723377
Nah, that Leo is just special and had its head installed on wrong. Hence why it is a member of the "specials".
>>
File: 1449281405020.jpg (48 KB, 752x767) Image search: [Google]
1449281405020.jpg
48 KB, 752x767
>>13723386
I'm a lucky guy with great taste in MOBILE SUITS, what can i say
>>
>>13723388
Both. Also, avionics and electronics play a big role in making a fighting machine effective. It's one of the strongest features of the F-35 posted in >>13723381 It's sort of like saying "I don't know if the M1 is better than the M60 because of its advanced FCS, or is just a better machine."
>>
>>13723391
The Leo RD has an extra part that allows it to turn its head. The ones that can't are probably just earlier models.

>>13723388
The Leo is 20 years old by the time Wing rolled around. The Taurus is leagues faster with much better weapons. The Virgo has much better defense and a powerful beam cannon. The Leo never stood a chance in Wing. Even the Aries has flight over it.
>>
>>13721100
I always figured the neck joint was something added to the Leo later on. I mean the Leo has been in service for 20 some odd years by the time Wing starts, makes sense they'd make upgrades and changes as time went on.

Like whoever originally designed the Leo thought that it'd never get into a situation where it'd need to turn its head, maybe because of other sensors in the MS and the fact it was the first mass produced MS in that timeline IIRC, but as it was used out in the field shit happened to show them how wrong they were.

This kind of shit happens with real world military hardware, just look at the M16.
>>
>>13723392
I like Wing too, but as soon as you posted that the thread really picked up fast.
>>
>>13723401
I posted the f-35 as a ruse, it's very impressive
>>
>>13723401
Wouldn't better electronics make it a better machine?

>>13723388
Leos are apparently limited by having a pilot. Mobile Dolls like the Taurus and Virgo don't have that so they can do crazy shit. Not that we ever see them do that though.
>>
>>13723421
I remember that OZ pilot crying about the MD Taurus pulling seven gs of acceleration. It was pretty low key otherwise.
>>
>>13723406
They added a neck for the M16?
>>
>>13723463
The first M16s issues to troops did not have cleaning kits. The designers believed the weapon would never jam and never require cleaning to work 100% correctly. They were fucking wrong.
>>
>>13723475
no, it was that the soldiers were fucking stupid and there was a wide belief that it was self-cleaning
>>
>>13721787
>Except if you were to plop a Leo into any other universe, it becomes a killing machine.
Leo is basically a Nemo in terms of specs.
>>
>>13723421
>Wouldn't better electronics make it a better machine?

Yes, that was the whole point of my post.
>>
>>13723463
No, but they did add a forward assist.
>>
>>13723554
Based on what?
>>
>>13721012

Heavyarms is shit.

Leopard is better.
>>
>>13723310
There's also when Wufei first appears and he rips a Leo's head off
>>
>>13723819
I seriously hope you don't actually believe this
>>
File: d.png (392 KB, 418x660) Image search: [Google]
d.png
392 KB, 418x660
>>13721012
>>
>>13723382
Against Gundams they're effectively equal.

Virgo II lost features that the first Virgo had.

Also the Serpents are arguably the worst grunts in the series.

And the Wing Zero is somehow the most powerful machine despite being one of the earliest ones they ever made. Even discounting the Zero System, somehow it had downgrades to specs and weapon loadout when making the Wing.
>>
>>13728417
>Even discounting the Zero System, somehow it had downgrades to specs and weapon loadout when making the Wing.
Wing Zero was more or less a platform to carry the Twin Buster Rifle.
>>
>>13728417
Pretty sure the reason for that was because very few pilots could handle the raw power of wing zero, hence the downgrade to wing.
>>
>>13728417
The problem with the Serpents is they had hugely inexperienced pilots and the heaviness of neo titanium meant your actions generally had to have purpose: you couldn't in mid-stride, change your plans up because you were so heavy and you had so much inertia.

They are literally built around the same battle style as the Heavyarms: to occupy positions of strength, mow down your enemies via attrition and superior armor, then the guys behind you are still fresh pour forward to turtle the position as you reload your weapons.

They are designed to take territory, not occupy it.

The problem is that this is basically an extension of exactly what Leos were designed to do 20 years ago, pushed to its logical extreme by people who were technologically isolated -- given that the Serpent is originally designed in spec to be the ground-force followup behind Operation Meteor: the intention being that the Gundams are terror weapons designed to reduce the enemy's willingness to face you and then the Serpents grind down whatever resistance is left. Yes, its been modernized but you can only push those refinements so far with limited resources when the empire you're trying to revive has fallen.

They are designed to excel in conventional warfare, its a given that they get slaughtered by a small number of units designed exclusively for short-duration high impact blitzkreig style assault warfare.They use their low numbers to ensure the enemy doesn't have a lot to shoot at, that their strikes count and that they trick the enemy into presenting themselves as a target rich environment.

Literally, the Gundams were designed in spec, to batter Leos.

Of COURSE a machine that's 20 years obsolete built with the same insane mentality as the Tallgeese but applied to attrition warfare rather than mobility warfare, is going to lose against the Gundams.

But in the same way the Tallgeese gives the Gundams a run for their money, the Serpent would do the same to any conventional Oz grunt.
>>
>>13723341
Who wants functionality in your highly expensive military equipment when you can look cool instead?
>>
>>13728417
The specs being downgraded were presumably to ensure the pilots could handle it, since they were excessive, and the reason for the weapons downgrade was definitely because the TBR was so excessively powerful that they didn't want it to actually exist.
>>
>>13723525
No, the ammunition that they shot was dirty as fuck, and the direct impingement gas system fouled the bolt carrier group faster. Throw that into the jungle with poorly supplied, barely trained draftees and you have rifles that won't work.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.