[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... what are the odds that someone that isn't fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 00pin.png (290 KB, 300x407) Image search: [Google]
00pin.png
290 KB, 300x407
So... what are the odds that someone that isn't fucking Zeonic will translate 00P maybe?

Abysmally low? Am I looking at a pipe dream, here?
>>
Basically, yes. Unless Nozaku is interested, 00 stuff won't get touched anymore.
>>
>>13670010
Well fuck

That's not promising at all. Is there NO ONE else that /m/ knows of that does Gundam manga?
>>
>>13669991
learn jap mongoloid or don't whine
>>
>>13670027
How about YOU learn moonrunes and contribute something of value?
>>
>>13670039
make me
>>
>>13670045
Fuck, I can't actually do that. I want you to, hell, I'd like you to, but I can't.

Horses and water, and all that shit... however the saying goes.
>>
It's a simple background to the 00 series, nothing too revelating or complicated
Mareno was a hunk
Feldts parents died disobeying VĂ©da
etc
>>
>>13670693
I guess, but 00F was much the same way; background stuff that didn't complicate the main story too terribly, and that got translated.
>>
>>13670018
you will have to pay fujoshi to do it
>>
>>13672595
But I don't know any fujoshi.
>>
Don't expect Zeonic to ever finish anything. I fucking hate that dude
>>
>>13672615
I know, right? The guy starts and stops projects at the drop of a had, and then says he can't get to projects he's started because he has so many fucking projects on their plate already.

WELL MAYBE IF YOU ACTUALLY FINISHED A PROJECT BEFORE MOVING ON TO SOMETHING ELSE THAT WOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE.
>>
>>13672619
Hat. I meant to say drop of a hat.
>>
>>13672619
>>13672624
That's not the worst part. Deacon will take a recently scanned chapter, translate that, regardless if any previous chapters were translated or not.
>>
I never understood how this was always such an issue. Can't you like download all the manga, send the PDFs to someone who can read Japanese and they'll read it aloud in English so at the very least you'll know what the text is?

Or are those people somehow incredibly rare?
>>
>>13672691
That is incredibly asinine. He is incredibly asinine.

>>13672761
Fuck if I know, man.
>>
>>13672691
This reminds me, he wound up doing some Glory of the Losers chapters in reverse order, didn't he. Who even does that?
>>
It's because Deacon/Zeonic is one of the few, if not the only one that translates Gundam manga. He probably thinks he can get away with whatever he wants since he has no "competition"
>>
>>13672809
I bet if Nozaku put together a team, he'd get SO MUCH SHIT done in comparison to the glacial pace Zeonic's team gets shit done.

Nozaku's translated entire volumes in roughly the same amount of time it takes Zeonic to do the same... and that's fucking SOLO.

Now imagine if he had a team to delegate shit to. It's a beautiful thought, isn't it?
>>
>>13672761
The problem is that nobody who posts on /m/ has friends.
>>
>>13672809
Hes not doing it wheneve the fuck he wants because he thinks can get away withbit, hes doing whatever the fuck he wants because its more or less a hobby for him so of course hes going to do it when he feels like it. Its not like we're paying the guy or anything
>>
>>13672862
Doesn't he subsist off of ad revenue and donations though?
>>
>>13672890
Who the fuck donates to him? I haven't heard anyone complain their donations went to shit because no one is probably donating.
>>
00f would make a helluva lot more sense if 00p was translated.
>>
>>13672799
Yeah, he fell behind on chapters and when he finally decided to catch up he did them in reverse.
>>
>>13673032
Yup. But no one's ever thought to do it, even when 00 was still kinda popular.
>>
>>13669991
I don't care for that, all I want to read Char's Deleted Affair ultil the end
>>
>>13672862
This.

All the hate for Zeonic. The group did a decent fansub for "first Gundam" back in the day long before official English release.

Complaining about free stuff is dumb.
>>
whiners don't deserve translations, learn jap or get fucked
>>
>>13672619

Last time I talked with Deacon, he wasn't translating for anyone anyways... also, which is Deacon? A single person or a group. You refer to him in the singular form and then in the plural form. Make up your mind.

That's the joy of hobbies... you don't adhere to anything and you can start and stop and skip around if you so wish. I don't fault him for doing this sort of thing for over a decade anyways. He's been the only person that has been constant over the years, regardless of the haphazard release schedule. Nozaku has taken on other projects that no one had any interest in anyways.

Gundam gets extremely stale over the years regardless of the medium that comes out. Just be thankful we have some of the series we have. Regardless of both their efforts, Gundam material would be pretty hard to come by regardless.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.