[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished episode 7. When does this get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 32
File: 1447610695793.png (2 MB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447610695793.png
2 MB, 848x1200
Just finished episode 7. When does this get good?
>>
>>13666538
Fuck off
>>135224323
>>
>>13666538
When you start trolling /m/ by singing its praises as it it were a masterpiece. That's Reco's greatest accomplishment, really. It's god-tier trollbait.
>>
>already at episode 7
>not loving it
>>
>>13666538
At episode 20.

Dead serious.
>>
>>13666538
Are there even mods on /m/? The trash never gets taken out and is left to rot for days until the stench becomes absolutely untolerable.
>>
>>13666912
Why are you so butthurt over someone not liking your show?
>>
>>13666538
The scene where every single plot relevant character takes the same elevator sold me on it
>>
IBO>G-Reco.
>>
>>13667164
This.
>>
People who hate G-Reco remind me of the people who hated MGS2 when it first came out. Jolly bunch of fools!
>>
>>13667164
Fucking lol, absolutely not.
>>
>>13667183
>implying a retard like you could possibly follow the plot
>>
>>13667164
I enjoyed both but I honestly like G Reco more.This might change depending on how IBO ends.
>>
>>13667194

Shhh take it slowly and bite your arm when it gets painful.

This board IBO because it strays from the norm but if that is true, it is still miles no leagues better than G-Reco. I gave it a chance until episode 21 and it was still very disappointing.
>>
>>13667223
It seems to me that the IBO hate is the same people who were insisting that Reco was the greatest show in the history of ever. The IBO threads are less active, but the vast majority of the G-Reco threads were people insulting each other over their preference in robot cartoons. People who like IBO are just saying that they like it, no one's making outlandish claims about it being high literature or anything, so there's no wall of bickering about whether those claims are false or naysayers are idiots.
>>
>>13667197
>>implying a retard like you could possibly follow the plot

Well I guess you'd be shocked to know I've seen it four times and I own every model kit from the show. It's really not complicated, it just plays with your expectations. It get's simpler the more you watch it, having to read subs kind of get in the way of embracing all of it but you figure things out eventually.
>>
File: 1449787645648.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449787645648.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>13667223
>This board IBO because it strays from the norm but if that is true, it is still miles no leagues better than G-Reco.
>>
>>13667252
This is what happens when you believe in trolls. Also the lack of activity in IBO is largely do to how unremarkable it is.
>>
>>13667257

No one is saying IBO is the greatest thing ever you useless failure in life, the IBO people are saying it is an enjoyable Gundam that is a breath of fresh air.

It certainly is far more interesting and has a much more likable cast than Reco.

But hey by all means suck the dick of Reco and let it finish on your face and smile for the camera.
>>
when you delete it from your hard drive.
>>
>IBOfags are the new GRecofags now crying about how under appreciated and 'refreshing' their shit show is.
>>
>>13667265
>This is what happens when you believe in trolls
I simply refuse to believe that there are people who legitimately believe the story of G-Reco can be considered literature. There *were* people insisting that it was. If you're going to defend their assertion that it is on a whole other level of storytelling from regular cartoons, I'm just going to lump you in with the other trolls. Some people really liked it, sure. I wasn't one of them, but I don't presume that everyone who claimed to like it were trolling. But those people who were acting as though this were some upper echelon narrative that was not for the commoner who likes other shows were most definitely trolls.
>>
>G-Recofags can't even respond to a post and defend their points but would rather make generalizing remarks for damage control.

Kek at this sad pathetic wretch.
>>
File: hey kuntala.jpg (74 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hey kuntala.jpg
74 KB, 1366x768
>>13666942
>barara propositioning the nugger
>>
>>13667282
>>13667293
Pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>13667303
Good
>>
>>13667303
I like basically every instance of people teaming up in this show is just to use the other to their advantage.
>>
File: greco cozy.jpg (41 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
greco cozy.jpg
41 KB, 500x272
>>13667286
not upper echeleon, just different
Tominos always been an acquired taste sorta like alcohol in the wtf is this and the holy shit this is great once you get used to it aspects, and greco was like distilled tomino

merry christmas /m/ love you all
>>
File: space pope.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
space pope.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>13667321
we realpolitik now
>>
threadly reminder that Klim is easily the most intelligent Gundam character and all other G-reco characters are jealous crybabies.
>>
>>13667329
>Klim and Mask team up, rope bellri and co into it
>Klim expects the Capital Army to charge in and get themselves killed
>Mask hangs back and hopes that Klim gets himself killed for being a fucking idiot.
>>
File: Le_cobaye_1.jpg (69 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Le_cobaye_1.jpg
69 KB, 500x282
>>13667329
did we ever find out why one of the tapestries in the church was Lawnmowerman?
>>
File: I did it 105192000 minutes ago.jpg (21 KB, 719x395) Image search: [Google]
I did it 105192000 minutes ago.jpg
21 KB, 719x395
>>13667336
>the most intelligent Gundam character
>>
File: genius klim.jpg (241 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
genius klim.jpg
241 KB, 1280x720
>>13667336
>>13667341
>>
>>13667342
Because Tomino wanted to remind us that while CG in the background is ok, using cg on the main part of your content (mecha) is death
>>
>>13667359
KLIM IS THE BEST GIRL
>>
>>13667389
BEST EYECATCH
BEST PONYTAIL
BEST PLANS
BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST
>>
>>13667164
>>13667176
Found the retards.
>>
>>13667271
I haven't even seen Reco but IBO hasn't done a single interesting thing. They started the story off on a foreign planet only to leave it without any exploration just so we can get back to fucking Earth.
>>
>>13667794
<just so we can get back to fucking Earth
But they haven't. They went into space and have been cavorting around in asteroid-rich shoal zones. Also Mars is nothing but mercs and farms. This is Gundam, it's not like you're going to see pigmen or lizard peo-
wait...
This is Gundam, it's not like you're going to see green dancing girls on Mars, it's just an agricultural colony. This is the interplanetary equivalent of leaving Kansas to go to New York. You're bitching that they didn't explore KANSAS.
>>
>>13667271
>the IBO people are saying it is an enjoyable Gundam that is a breath of fresh air.
Its not.
>It certainly is far more interesting and has a much more likable cast than Reco.
Not even close.

Now here's a challenge to IBOfags try actually refuting these claims.
>>
>>13666692
Really thats when i stopped liking it, i disliked the show for the first 9 pr 10 episodes cause it kept info dripping without purpose and speeding through too much, then it started to slow down and i really began to have fun with it, then episodes 21 or 21 or so shit the bed hard in the funniest conclusion in franchise history for me, i adored the last episode on an ironic level though. I think it was garzey's wing tier

I do wish G-reco was better, it could of been a fun show but whatever it was too offensive even if overall i think its quite bad, at least it wasnt rage worthy like CCA or seed
>>
>>13667857
Why is it that people who hate G-Reco type like retards?
>>
>>13667252
G-reco threads are still this, they have drastically less posters than that of other gundam shows on both /m/ and /a/.

Its too much copy pasta shit. its not even fun shitposting its just annoying and makes gundam threads in general impossible on /m/. Seriously youll find better gundam discussions on fucking /v/ and thats a god damn video game board.
>>
>>13667861

And why is it that people who like it are insufferable elitist fuck-whistles?

You tell me.
>>
>>13667286
>There *were* people insisting that it was.
Yeah those were reverse trolls and you were stupid enough to believe them.
>>
>>13667322
Tomino is like a big bag, sometimes youll find candy thats a little bit stale but in the end really tasty and satisfying, other times youll find maggots that evolved to throw up on everything.

I have a love hate relationship with the guy but after watching many shows by him ive come to the understanding that he just a really bad director but a really good storyplanner, i think if he started only writing stories and gave the directing job to others alot of his duds would be at least more tolerable. That said he does have good stints at directing most notably turn-A.
>>
>>13667873
>And why is it that people who like it are insufferable elitist fuck-whistles?
They aren't.
>>
>>13667812
Not that guy but just because it's an agricultural colony means you have to delegate the entire thing to poor niggers and corn fields, the very least you could do is explore the political climate of it a bit, the circumstances in which Kudelia became this sterling child diplomat.
Better yet the space episodes could be used to have some sort of character driven drama that isn't just Kudelia going through the now incredibly repetitive process of feeling bad because she can't help out and then getting over it before the enemy attacks, her insecurities feel more like fluff for filling runtime than an actual character flaw.

IBO introduces a bunch of set pieces and then does absolutely nothing with them so when you're forced to sit through Orga's very lackluster character development and Kudelia's moping it becomes a drag to keep up with because almost every episode it feels like they hit a reset button because the cast has such thin skin and can't deal with anyone criticizing or being better than them at anything.

A show with pacing this slow definitely needs world building or top notch character driven drama and IMO it's failed on both fronts.
>>
>>13667885

Would you be surprised if I told you I'm not convinced?
>>
>>13667861
Well i have a really minor case of muscular dystrophy, nothing bad but i have uncontrollable twitches and sometimes my arms dont go the way i want them to. I try to edit as much as possible to mask this.

Also try to play nice, not everyone agrees on opinions and you dont need to go for petty insinuations and generalizations cause you dont agree with my view on G-reco, people are allowed to like it as the show has merit.
>>
I feel like IBO is almost as slow as the first half of Turn A with even less things in the world going on about it, the conflict atm is very small, the cast was pretty much isolated amongst themselves for a long ass time, they could have used the down time to expand on the Tekkadan cast or build up Chocolateman Not!Garma and Ein(who desperately needed his thought process expanded upon before his edgy phase set in).

The pirate stuff has potential but they remind me too much of Captain Planet villains for me to take them seriously.
>>
>>13667877
eh tomato tomahto I've pretty much enjoyed most of his works except for Garzey's Wing
>>
>>13667949
its got harems though, you're required to like it by law

not these weak ass implied harems either, real they say so in the show harems
>>
File: 1450470361806.png (656 KB, 658x796) Image search: [Google]
1450470361806.png
656 KB, 658x796
>>13667949
I feel like I'm a lot more invested in the IBO cast than I was in most Gundam crews in recent memory. Even if you are a fan of G-Reco, you have to admit that most of the secondary characters stayed kinda flat.
>>
7 Episodes ago.

G-Reco was good all the way through for me save a bit in the middle where they stalled too much and that rushed ending.

I would easily give it 7.5/8 out of 10.

I think people have to at least admit that the battles looked incredible. I personally think that it was the best Gundam since Turn A ( tied only with the first episode of Unicorn)
>>
>>13668098
>I personally think that it was the best Gundam since Turn A
Not even personally, this IS the best Gundam since Turn A
Even Tomino himself said all gundams made by other people are shit, and he's not wrong.
>>
>>13668021
>I feel like I'm a lot more invested in the IBO cast than I was in most Gundam crews in recent memory.
I feel the complete fucking opposite. None of the characters are appealing or remarkable.
>>
>>13668021
I can't be arsed to remember their names, that's how invested I am with them.
>>
>>13667256
>buying the models
>seen it 4 times
>implying any of that has anything to do with understanding the story
>>
I'm on episode 4. Why does bell thinks he owes pirate princess something?
>>
>>13668110
Here's your reply
>>
>>13667812
><
Newfag redditor can't into greentext

These are the Recofags
>>
>>13668131

Because he deep-fried her temporary boyfriend.
>>
>>13668131
Guilt and in the next episode he'll reveal why he's still on the ship.
>>
>>13668146
>Newfag redditor
Says the guy that thinks that anon is defending G-Reco
>>
File: 1403434191771.jpg (55 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1403434191771.jpg
55 KB, 480x640
>>13668123
>Remembering names
>in general

Do you have any idea how many shows I watch every season, with how large a cast?
Fuck that shit.

Even the names I do remember are gone after like 2 seasons.
I just remember Satsuki-sama and that's enough.
>>
I'm not invested in either G-Reco's or IBO's characters DESU. At around the end of the first cour though, I'd say I was more invested in G-Reco's story than I currently am IBOs.

See, at first G-Reco wasn't making sense to me but I knew that once those pieces started falling into place, whatever I was seeing in those first episodes would make sense. In a way, I wanted to understand wtf I was seeing. So, I watched and tried to keep track of the story. As a result, I found myself greatly invested. I'm not going to say it's perfect, but it was strangely compelling and closer to real life than most anime. They felt like real people I had to read, not cardboard cutouts of characters.

IBO is just slow, telegraphed and doesn't live up to the hype of the early episodes. Part of me was expecting ZOE 2, not a show where I have to listen to Kudelia whine about being useless every goddamn episode while Orga goes on about family. We're at the halfway point and it's goddamn annoying.

In the end, I find Tomino's Tominoism more compelling to watch than IBO.
>>
>>13668021
>Even if you are a fan of G-Reco, you have to admit that most of the secondary characters stayed kinda flat.
Or maybe you're just retarded?
>>
>>13668189
>watching more than a couple hand picked shows per season

why
>>
>>13667164
They are even in my book.
Both of them only have a saving grace in mecha design.
And nether of them have their mecha do enough shit.
I'm still salty about G-lucifer hardly doing squat.
>>
>>13667271
>the IBO people are saying it is an enjoyable Gundam that is a breath of fresh air.

A breath of fresh are using what as a point of reference? IBO literally does nothing new for Gundam.
>>
>>13668399
>They felt like real people I had to read, not cardboard cutouts of characters.
This. Despite G-Reco's huge failings it's a lot more fun to watch than IBO's typical slow-paced anime bullshit.
>>
>>13668166
He SAYS it's to gather intel,but he literally states this once and it's really fucking offhand. Shouldn't that be a little more fucking important? It almost sounded like he's making up an excuse to go to a legal weed state.
>>
>>13668458
>it's a lot more fun to watch than IBO
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Reco wasted an absurd amount of screentime on completely inconsequential things while casually mentioning off-screen events that always sounded more interesting than what we were actually seeing on-screen.
>>
>>13668589
>Reco wasted an absurd amount of screentime on completely inconsequential things
Found the retard
>>
An ibo episode is just about to come out, literally no discussion
Meanwhile we're still shitposting about Greco
What strange times we live in
>>
>>13668441
he's got the time to waste apprently
>>
>>13668611
IBO is just that boring that anons prefer to shitpost about a show people actually care.
>>
>>13668649
You
I like you
>>
>>13667389
>>13667397
>>13667336
>>13667359
You fucking what? Klim is a god damn fag.
>>
>>13668555
>but he literally states this once and it's really fucking offhand
Try paying more attention.
When Donyel was questioning him Bellri was gaining intelligence on the Megafauna too, watching around and avoiding Donyell's question.
>>
>>13668441
>filling your head with useless garbage

why, indeed

>>13668643
Please, asshole. You're on 4chan, don't act like you're busy.
>>
>>13667256
>having to read subs kind of get in the way of embracing all of
Very. As a general rule, the more dynamic the editing, the more awful the subs are.
>>
>When does this get good?
Who told you it gets good? it gets tolerable once Rairaya stops going full retard and grows a brain magically. but you still have dumbass manny and mask being horrible friends and the idiots of GIT. If this show didn't have e7s art style and instead had hiraiface i would have never finished it. the visuals are all this show has going for it cause the story is barebones and padded with trivial crap that makes autists feel smart for remembering them and the characters are inhuman cartoons that never make good choices.
>>
>>13669181
[Reply]
>>
>>13668611
>>13668649
this thread was dead before someone mentioned IBO. Like 5 post page 10 dead. After that troll this thread started rolling.
>>
>>13667271
>IBO
>enjoyable Gundam
>a breath of fresh air
Meme eaters truly believe that.
>>
File: klim clap.gif (668 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
klim clap.gif
668 KB, 500x470
>>13669026
>>
>>13667812
>Also Mars is nothing but mercs and farms
Congrats, you just realize all that is wrong with IBO with that single line : everything that makes IBO are substanceless concepts that only look interesting on their most superficial level. Mars, as cool as a setting as it is, is merely a device.
>>
>>13669217
The fun part is this:
>ctrl+f
>"IBO"
>32 matches

This thread is half of an IBO discussion to begin with.
The G-Creepos like to act like there's nobody interested in talking about IBO, but they literally are.
>>
>>13669283
well its a shitposting thread. of course people people are going to bring up IBO. no one seems to want to actually discuss the show in its actual threads
also
>G-creepos
haha how fucking old are you?
inb4 heh, older than you kid
>>
File: merry greco mas.jpg (583 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
merry greco mas.jpg
583 KB, 800x640
late but....
>>
>>13669295
You're just mad that you can't think of catchy nicknames for the other Gundam fandoms.

Iron Blooded babies never caught on.
>>
>>13669318
>other Gundam fandoms
i think you need to go back to tumblr m8
and take your fanbase wars with you
>>
File: img000012.png (59 KB, 204x339) Image search: [Google]
img000012.png
59 KB, 204x339
Awesome rager thread you guys.
>>
>>13668424

Yeah, expound on the depth of Mick Jack and Happa for us please, you snobbish fuck.
>>
File: boner in G.jpg (409 KB, 850x720) Image search: [Google]
boner in G.jpg
409 KB, 850x720
>>13669426
>>
>>13668021
>Even if you are a fan of G-Reco, you have to admit that most of the secondary characters stayed kinda flat
Unlike IBO where even the main characters stayed completely flat.
>>
>>13669254
IBO isn't about MARS, though. It's about ORPHANS. The fact that their home planet is third world farms is not a flaw in the show, it's just a detail of the setting. If the show was called Gundam: Exploring Awesome Mars, you might have a point. But since the show is called Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, it makes sense that the show revolves around the characters, how they came to be at this mercenary orphanage, and how they became a family for each other.
>>
>>13668555
Watch episode 8 again.
>>
>>13669447
You're missing the point, the point here is that Mars is utterly irrelevant to the setting, they could have scaled things to earth scale and pretty much nothing would be lost. Also the "orphans" are just as substanceless as the use of Mars as a piece of the setting.
>>
>>13669447
Listen.
One of those things are characters.
The other is the setting.
What we're complaining about is the poor use of the setting for a slow paced anime.
>>
>>13669464

I assure you the complaints would be even more intense if the show decided to fuck around on Mars for half of its run.
>>
>>13669464
The characters suck as well.
>>
>>13669473
At first I was scared they were gonna be stuck on Mars forever, instead they are just stuck in the nothingness of space forever. Things always can get worse.
>>
>>13669473
Not if you manage to make it interesting, if you drag the Tekkadan start up til episode 6 or so, introduce a few more interesting key places on Mars and actually show what it's like living there for a variety of people maybe we'd have a reason to care about Kudelia's inferiority complex and understand her feelings better rather than her just telling us she's sad.

The space episodes can be fast forwarded because fuck all happens, they make it to Jupiter in ten god damn days thats quick as shit for interplanetary travel.

No ones asking for half the run time to be Mars, we want them to actually make use of the interesting places they're going. You saw nothing out of the Saisei or whatever it's called.
>>
>>13669460
>they could have scaled things to earth scale
>Gundam
>entirely on earth
Now I'm positive you're trolling. But just to keep this ball rolling:
>pretty much nothing would be lost
And what would be gained? Pretty much nothing. So what are you crying about? Pretty much nothing.
Once again, the point of the story is the kids journey together. Where the journey started from is not really important. If you want to watch a show about Mars being interesting, go watch something else because this show is not even about Mars.
>>
File: Christmask.jpg (419 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
Christmask.jpg
419 KB, 800x640
>>13669308
>>
>>13669491
>to actually make use of the interesting places they're going.
They're not going to Mars, they left *from* Mars. And Mars is farms which, if you've never spent time on a farm, are boring as fuck. Where they're going is into mob-controlled space, on a bootlegger's path through crime-infested shoal zone on a mission to deliver a delegate to a politician who may help her secure independence for Mars, BUT her trip is being bankrolled by a shady businessman who's heavily implied to be willing to financially reward whoever kills her.

People who think this setting isn't interesting are people who are taking at face value the "kindly old man" routine that Mr McMurder put on for the kids. Never mind the fact that he's stated to be the most feared man in the Mars sphere. Never mind the fact that he's head of the SPESS YAKUZA. He wasn't twirling his moustache while eating kittens so obviously he's goint to be an inexplicably nice person for the entire show and TOTALLY isn't up to anything shady.
>>
>>13668555
We see him sneak around the ship, call people out on the real plans, figure out the ships origins and take pictures of the rest of their fleet in space
>>
>>13669505
Then what the hell is the point of using Mars as a setting if you're not gonna do shit with it? This show has fallen into the same trap as A/Z.
>>
>>13669531
I love how you try so hard to make this sound interesting but fail at every turn.
>>
>>13669561
>Then what the hell is the point of using Mars as a setting if you're not gonna do shit with it?
AGE did more with Mars than IBO ever will.
>>
>>13669531
>People who think this setting isn't interesting are people who are taking at face value the "kindly old man" routine that Mr McMurder put on for the kids.
This isn't true at all as to why I feel it's uninteresting but I won't pretend it'll come to anything regardless of what was implied, I'm not a soothsayer. I'd rather wait for the show to actually show it happening than promise it will. You can say that in confidence because you managed to be drawn into this show but for me I still want to see more out of the set pieces. The show needs more world building, period.

Also you keep saying it's about the orphans but so far everything involving them has been very awkwardly written and fairly lackluster IMO, suddenly remembering the brother you lost in a very dramatic fashion due to fun, a backstory that gets slightly pushed aside for Kudelia's pity party and Orga's very unnoticeable growth as a character. He just says the word family a whole lot more now and learned to trust the leader of supposedly one of the best goddamn groups in space after being taken in after a stunt that rivals Heero boarding the WZC in Endless Waltz in terms of stupidly impossible.
>>
>>13669573
Anybody can make any show sound interesting by recounting the events in it. If I were to summarise G-Reco it'd sound like the best thing ever.
>>
>>13669460
You could say the same thing about 0079.
>You're missing the point, the point here is that the space colony is utterly irrelevant to the setting, they could have scaled things to earth scale and pretty much nothing would be lost.

The point is that they go on a journey from space to Earth, genius.
>>
>>13669586
>If I were to summarise G-Reco it'd sound like the best thing ever.
Given your description of IBOs current plotline I highly doubt that.
>>
>>13669594
I'm not >>13669531
>>
>>13669561

As an establishing point.

'Mars sucks, they want independence, here's this politician who also vouches for their independence and here's this bunch of exploited child soldiers who want to get off this shithole, let's go places.' And yes, the show has admittedly milled about in space considerably, but you don't need to belabor a point by wasting almost a quarter of a show's running time on a place that's meant to be used as a narrative springboard.
>>
>>13669593
But it is all part of the Earth sphere.
Moving to Earth itself was necessary because much of the setting in space was destroyed.
>>
>>13669602
You can replace MARS with any random thing for the same result.
>>
>>13669602
>belabor a point by wasting almost a quarter of a show's running time
You mean like Kudelia or any of the other badly managed point
>>
>>13669607
>on a place that's meant to be used as a narrative springboard.

Read the rest, you cherry-picking muppet.

They dropped the ball on Kudelia's handling and they dropped it hard, but there is also nothing to be gained from wasting time on Mars when it's only meant to be used at the beginning of the story to establish things and little else.
>>
>>13669612
>>13669602
The stories main thread is indepence of mars. If we don't know or feel a connection to it then it is hard to care about the main issue

>>13669593
0079 isn't about the indepence of spacenoids, there is no leader of a movement on the ship being transport to debate on this. It is background infomation, for IBO it is not
>>
>>13666538

It's good the whole time pleb.

That being said I enjoy all the Gundam series, yes even ZZ for different reasons.
>>
>>13669460

But no-one cares about Mars. The point of the story is the road trip they're on to get the girl to Earth. What's your fixation with Mars?
>>
>>13669737
Cause this feels like filler, especially the repetition and characters coming out of no where and going as quick
>>
>>13669737
Im salty that I see more of indoor rooms than the setting in a journey across the solar system while listening to really stilted dialogue and unengaging character drama.
>>
>>13669764
Or maybe you're just retarded?
>>
>>13669771
>>13669771
Nah, my mom had me checked.
>>
>>13669764

I don't get you. I've never really seen a show where the focus is on the planet itself, except where the planet is the major plot point. Like, the Martian is all about a guy trying to survive Mars, so it focuses on that.

But Star Wars? Naw, man. Planets are just places you go to. Who gives a fuck? Same for Star Trek. Hell, no one actually cares too much about conditions on Mars in Terraformars, they're too busy fistfighting cockroach men.

They're not even ON Mars any more! I don't think even Gundam 00 explored the no-name kingdom the poverty princess was in charge of, except for "Shit is fucked." We also don't see too much of what the other power blocs are like, except for the highlights.

It's seriously coming off as a weird fixation.
>>
>>13669776
I want world building.
>>
>>13669737
If no-one cares, what is the point of Kudelia's mission?
>>
>>13669798
To talk to a political leader who can make it easier for the people on the place no one cares about.
>>
>>13669798

To argue something something politics. Do you seriously think that the show is going to explore that? She's the package to be delivered. The fun is in the ride, not in what happens when she gets there.
>>
>>13669798
To negotiate better corn prices and minimum wage.
>>
>>13669250
>Super privileged little bitch who moans about stuff whenever he's not playing around with the toys his daddy has gotten him
>His way of dealing with being used was to crush several city blocks with a giant space ship
Main reason why I continued watching the show was hoping it would have a Zeta style ending massacre with this spoiled shit getting a death similar to Neena or Scirocco by Mask (which would have fit the character perfectly remembering his anti-privileged vendetta).

Sadly Tomino pussied out and basically gave the show a Seed Destiny style ending...
>>
>>13669802
>The fun is in the ride,
But part of that "fun ride" is them giving bare bones but long exposition about the place no one cares about. Then you have someone who is working to improve the place no one cares about and complaining how she is useless, repeatedly.

So what is so interesting about what is left? Mika has had next to no development but occasionally saying he cares about people, nothing really to it. Orga likes saying family a lot but it hasn't actually changed how he acts towards people. Then we have Guts who likes to complain how much harder he had it (which we never saw) and then had a brother come and go out of no where. The Space Mafia haven't done shit, just bend at every whim of the kids.

Where is the interesting stuff that has happened
>>
>>13669824
G-Reco's ending wasnt a flawless victory at all.
>>
>>13669832

Yeah, Cumpa got knocked down a crevice as an afterthought and everyone else who wanted war conveniently died.
>>
>>13669832
>Literally every character that got any real screentime, except maybe the lead antagonist, survived
>Main characters got their way and stopped the fighting
Only way it could have ended better would have been had the titular gundam not gotten wrecked
>>
>>13669840
You described the ending to a majority of Gundam shows that aren't Victory and Zeta.
>>
>>13669840
This is most gundam shows though.
>>
>>13669771
He's perfectly right though.
>>
File: 1428074979887.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1428074979887.png
1 MB, 960x720
>>13666573
How sad that this is actually very true.
>>
>>13669835
Nah, you're just a shitposter.
>>
>>13669874
Why'd you have to bite it? You saw how awful that bait was.
>>
>>13669838
>Cumpa got knocked down a crevice as an afterthought
This is something I like actually. Not every character needs to have an ultra dramatic death scene.
In fact, Cumpa died so simply and in a way so stupid it's almost like it happened in real life.

>everyone else who wanted war conveniently died.
In the last episode? No, not really, since most soldiers there were just doing what they were ordered they didn't wanted war (quote a CA's ship captain: "I'm not going to die in someone else's war!").
>>
File: Helmets are for wussies.png (535 KB, 1010x542) Image search: [Google]
Helmets are for wussies.png
535 KB, 1010x542
>>13669764
>i see more of indoor rooms
>in space
>>
>>13669838
Honestly going by how the show set Cumpa up the only other way he would have died is if Bellri's mom snapped his neck right there.

He already won by the last episode, Earth is plunged into war, he even commended Aida's dad for setting up a 2nd fleet to invade the Capital.
>>
>>13669880

>In fact, Cumpa died so simply and in a way so stupid it's almost like it happened in real life.

You know a friend who was knocked into a canyon by a jet?

>In the last episode? No, not really

Uh, yeah?

Chikara died, Cumpa died, that black guy died, that ship went up in flames as Raraiya delivered the message of one of the show's themes in the bluntest manner imaginable and Klim's father was turned into a pancake through one way or another. May have missed one.
>>
>>13669908
>Raraiya delivered the message of one of the show's themes in the bluntest manner imaginable

But anon remember that g-reco is subtle and does not spoon-feed people!
>>
>>13669908
>as Raraiya delivered the message of one of the show's themes in the bluntest manner imaginable
Someone had to or people would keep saying no one explains things.
>>
>>13669908
>Chikara died
She was only really trying to achieve reconguista for the Captain's sake more than anything, as you can see Kun surrendering after she died.

>Cumpa died, that black guy died
The only two that actually mattered in that episode, since Kia died earlier and the Dorette Fleet with Mashner died in the previous episode, and those are the ones who were actively pushing for war. Also Gusion's death before as well, but I never really thought of him as pushing war completely.

>that ship went up in flames as Raraiya delivered the message of one of the show's themes in the bluntest manner imaginable
I'd like to know what message are you talking about.

>Klim's father was turned into a pancake through one way or another.
His death wasn't actually confirmed, but even if it was, it was only after the war stopped, and because he was trying to push for another one.
>>
File: tactical roll.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tactical roll.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>13669908
Klim's dad didn't die

You got 2 people and a whip of no bodies which as that anon pointed out, were just soldiers not the ones wanting war
>>
>>13669949
>I'd like to know what message are you talking about.

Adults are shit and start wars, only the young generation can be trusted.

Then again, I thought Tomino made that obvious before the show even aired, with him saying that anyone older than 20 is too old for the show and too late to save or something along those lines.
>>
>>13669968
>Adults are shit and start wars, only the young generation can be trusted.
Oh, I thought that by destroying that ship she was just scaring the soldiers so they would stop fighting.

>Then again, I thought Tomino made that obvious before the show even aired, with him saying that anyone older than 20 is too old for the show and too late to save or something along those lines.
That was him being Tomino as always, what he wanted was to tell the message to kids in their early years since adults are just too focused on their ideals now so they can't be convinced.
>>
>>13666624
>Harobe's robot butthole
>>
>>13669981
>Oh, I thought that by destroying that ship she was just scaring the soldiers so they would stop fighting.

Oh yeah, maybe, if Raraiya hadn't bellowed "IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DO THINGS LIKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIS" or whatever.
>>
File: It's poop.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
It's poop.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>13669908
>Raraiya delivered the message
>>
>>13669949
>what message are you talking about.
Sometimes warning shots are simply not enough.
>>
File: 1407569261804.jpg (10 KB, 126x148) Image search: [Google]
1407569261804.jpg
10 KB, 126x148
>>13670000
>>
>People think the scene with Klims dad had any fucking meaning other than one last comedic Klim antic.
Jesus christ it's like you guys really do have autism.
>>
>>13670051
Beyond the comedic effect it was also a very convenient way to stop more wars from happening.
>>
>>13670073
Not really, Klim would happily start up a war again when convenient

Greco isn't completely anti war but more do things on your own terms not the ideas of others
>>
>>13670073
I don't see how one man dying stops future wars. Besides after this the tarp and rubble fall and it pans to everyone else there running away.

He could very well be alive but the show is over so who cares.
>>
>>13670429
>I don't see how one man dying stops future wars.

Not that there's any worry about any more happening anyway because G-Reco will never be revisited, much like almost any Gundam that isn't early UC.
>>
>>13670453
Well at least the shorts are funny from what little I can make out of them.
>>
>>13669908
>as Raraiya delivered the message of one of the show's themes in the bluntest manner imaginable
Found the retard.
>>13670000
That was in episode 6 dumbass
>>
>>13670429
>I don't see how one man dying stops future wars.
That's the entire point of the show tho, that people don't want wars, they're just being pushed by warmongers. Klim's dad was one of them, so killing him would prevent Ameria going to war yet again.
>>
>>13670459
Team Mack Knife and the Tensai Gang.
>>
>>13670429
It is clearly implied that he was crushed under the rubble.
>>
>>13670492
Doesn't mean it wasn't a comedic bit or that it does anything silly like "stop future wars from happening".
>>
The only reason /m/ even entertains the idea this show is half decent, not even decent, is because they want to look good in the eyes of other people by liking a "hidden gem". In reality forcing yourself to like and then explain why a shitty show is good isn't doing you any favours.

The show is subpar in all aspects and is probably one of the worst Gundam shows in the last 20 years easy.

Why people are actually arguing the intentions of irrationally terrible characters is beyond me. Poke fun at the show and say you liked certain aspects but don't try to convince others this trash is even subpar.
>>
File: v017.jpg (109 KB, 494x644) Image search: [Google]
v017.jpg
109 KB, 494x644
Still alive?
>>
File: You.jpg (65 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
65 KB, 1300x866
>>13670508
>The only reason /m/ even entertains the idea this show is half decent, not even decent, is because they want to look good in the eyes of other people by liking a "hidden gem". In reality forcing yourself to like and then explain why a shitty show is good isn't doing you any favours.
>>
>>13670492
Him clearly rolling out the way doesn't
>>
>>13670537
The rubble and tarp fall infront/on him while panning to a shot of everyone running away.

He could be dead he could be alive but no one knows until the tarp is lifted.
>>
>>13670547
>tarp
Known for killing 1,000 clapistans a year.

We see him roll out the way, there is a shot just put in to just show that happening and he is alive. There is no shot of him crushed.
>>
>>13670554
>Go to Ameria
>Tarp falls on me
Fucking Americlaps.
>>
>>13666538
It's all downhill after episode 1, actually. I'm amazed you've made it so far.
>>
>>13670508
Hahah, is this from /a/ or something? You can tell there's a 15 year old with a shit-eating grin behind this trying to make others upset.
>>
>>13667164
That's not saying much. That's like saying "Star Wars Episode 2 is better than Episode 1!"
>>
>>13670686
>It's all uphill after episode 1, actually
ftfy
>>
>>13670711
Maybe if you like laughing at trainwrecks.
>>
>>13670851
No, I like great shows, just like G-Reco.
>>
>>13670872
What are your other favorites, ZZ, Wing, and Turn A?
>>
>>13670881
0079, CCA, Turn A and G-Reco actually
>>
>>13670881
>lumping Wing in with tripe like Turn-A

Ruuuuuudddddeeeeeee
>>
>>13670903
>calls ∀ tripe while defending Wing

What the hell is happening here?
>>
>>13670967
Neo /m/ aka /a/ newshits coming here because of shit shows like CA and IBO
>>
>>13670967
Wasn't defending Wing per se, could've picked any of the others you listed, except ZZ (obviously). Wing was obviously the most likely to trigger a deep and mature anime connoisseur such as yourself, i.e., the type of asshole I hate the most and wish to experience the most turmoil.

Turn-A is shit though. Best part of Reco was seeing you "Last Gundam in the timeline" fucks get BTFO.
>>
>>13670967
>calls ∀ tripe
He's calling it for what it is. Tominofags need to pull their heads out of their asses and acknowledge ∀ is nonsensical poorly written garbage like all his other works. Thank god the senile old man has fucked off, and we're finally getting good Gundam.
>>
>>13670977
>CA, IBO

Found the newshit. Problem dates back farther than that, yet the root is the same. Symphoshitters are probably the worst.
>>
>>13671498
M80, I stand by what I said about Turn-A, but I sincerely hope you aren't considering IBO a worthy contender for a "good Gundam"
>>
>>13671517
IBO is boring, Thudnerbolt is where it's at. We're back to good mature Gundam in the vein of 0083, 08th MS Team and 00. Not the banal kiddy shit Tomino craps out and all you braindead retards eat up.
>>
>>13671505
Reading comprehension, faggot, I said shit shows LIKE CA and IBO, not exclusively because of those.

The entrance of newshits can be traced as back as TTGL if we wanted.
>>
>>13671528
Alright, you my ningen
>>
>>13671528
>We're back to good mature Gundam in the vein of 0083, 08th MS Team and 00.
>good
>mature
>Gundam

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh god, I'm dying right here!
>>
>>13671538
>HAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>>/reddit/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>13671528
>Stardust Cuckery
>08th Dead Director Team
>Doubleblow
this is nice bait
>>
File: 1427426079235.jpg (69 KB, 452x511) Image search: [Google]
1427426079235.jpg
69 KB, 452x511
>>13671541
>Says the guys that likes trash like 0083, 8th ms Team and 00
>>
>>13671498
>>13671528

Guys, its Christmas, not April fools.
>>
>>13669181
>padded with trivial crap that makes autists feel smart for remembering them and the characters are inhuman cartoons that never make good choices.

They feel like G-reco is such an amazing human achievement because the characters are constantly doing pointless distractions in the background and it's like wow, so deep.
>>
>>13666538
/o/ teir shitpost time?
>Fwd can't compete.
>>
>>13671625
I really do get the impression that many of the (more vocal) people that love Reco haven't watched many shows (no offense), but just sorta stumbled onto it because "Oh look! New Tomino, that's a big name!" It just so happened to be one of the better shows they'd watched. Then, due to the trolling, they took it upon themselves to defend their "new favorite show's" honor. I suspect many of them are from reddit who don't understand the culture of shitting on things. Without a downvote button they turned discussions into a shouting match. Trolls fed off this negativity, and then due to the timeliness of A.Z being mixed into the cocktail, this shit happened.
>>
File: gundam-zz-sub-ita-14.jpg (135 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
gundam-zz-sub-ita-14.jpg
135 KB, 960x720
>>13671498
>and acknowledge ∀ is nonsensical poorly written garbage like all his other works
It's literally "Moon Moon: The Series"
-twin girls whose boyfriendws can't tell them apart
-one twin is the queen of the pacifists who want to spread their beliefs to earth
-taboos against technology
-inexplicable future primitive aztecs
-even the "giant god" statue is actually a mobile suit" (remember ancient worker MS on Moon Moon?)
>>
>>13671704
>-taboos against technology

Please watch Turn A before you comment on it. There weren't taboos on technology, the earthlings didn't know that Moonrace existed at the time.

>-inexplicable future primitive aztecs

How is it inexplicable ? Different parts of humanity regressed back to different stages of technology. Is it really so surprising that during a time when some had made it to an industrial revolution that some were still living iron aged style? Its not like that ever happened in real life.

>-one twin is the queen of the pacifists who want to spread their beliefs to earth

Dianna just doesn't want her people to fuck up earths population. There is nothing about her wanting to spread her ideals to earth, she has no major ideological commitments, she just doesn't want a war between her people and the earthlings.

Yes, Tomino likes fusing fantasy/mysticism/ancient shit with sci fi. I fail to see what is wrong with that. The problem with Moon Moon is that it is set in the aftermath of the Gryps conflict- something like that popping up during UC is absurd, something like that popping up in Turn A's timeline isn't.
>>
File: sd greco.jpg (419 KB, 1024x722) Image search: [Google]
sd greco.jpg
419 KB, 1024x722
>>13670459
>>13670484
>>13670494
seriously I need more of these things in my laifu
>>
>>13671809
>How is it inexplicable ?
Are you seriously implying that the Moon Moon crazies made sense?? Kefka's people, who are supposed to be only a couple of generations descended from the fully-pre-war-tech-level moonrace chanting around a bonfire about the spirit of the moon residing within? Granted, the Adeskans were the least irrational of the three

Actually, come to think of it, I probably would have liked Reco better if the religion around the space elevator was derived from the Adeskans instead of the Catholic Cargo Cult.

>weren't taboos on technology
>earthlings
I meant the moonrace hiding millenia of technology from their own people. If they had the plans for Nether Gundam and Fuunsaiki, they probably could have mass-produced Master Gundam instead of having people dick around in Flats. Also I seem to recall the moonies being rather against the idea of earthnoids gaining UC era technology, or at least Agrippa Maintainer.
>>
>>13671704
Unlike Moon Moon, where people somehow regressed to Aztecs in the span of a generation or three (space colonies only having existed in ZZ for ~130 years, and colonies of that open configuration and sophistication for much less), the Aztecs people of Turn A got to that point many hundreds of years after being nano-bombed into the fucking STONE AGE.
>>
>>13672301
You still have the same basic "people in the future regressed to ancient south american cosplayers". The timespan is more believable in Turn A, but the same thing still happens.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492 KB, 602x566
No space rat scum makes it good by default, OP.
>>
File: 1441665157782.gif (2 MB, 269x321) Image search: [Google]
1441665157782.gif
2 MB, 269x321
>>13671563
>0083
>00
>trash

kill yourself
>>
OP here, just finished episode 14.
I don't know what happened but after episode 10 something clicked and I'm really enjoying it now. Please tell me it gets better.

Also, I love the ED.
>>
>>13676467
>kill yourself
------------ >>13671563
>>
>>13676476

At the very least you can expect some of the nicest looking battles the series has to offer- if you are into high speed maneuvering and psychedelic laser beams that is. Imo the show is at its best from 10-20, then some pacing issues start to come up because Tomino didn't write a 26 episode anime.
>>
>>13676476
Get ready for shower curtains, muscle woman, bouncy castles, sweaty girls and death

>>13676572
Only the last one really, the later half has a lot of the really good episodes
>>
>>13672282

> Kefka's people, who are supposed to be only a couple of generations descended from the fully-pre-war-tech-level Moonrace chanting around a bonfire

I don't actually see what's surprising about that, given that all they got from those previous generations was tales about the Moon and what their technology and civilization and such was like and not any first hand knowledge of it to give it any kind of context or sense of normalcy. They worshiped the Moon because they had received second hand tales several times removed from the source and that was about all that was left by the time it got to them. Seems fine to me.

> I meant the Moonrace hiding millenia of technology from their own people

They weren't though.

> If they had the plans for the Nether Gundam and Fuunsaiki, they probably could have have mass-produced Master Gundam instead of having people dick around in Flats

They used Flats for the most basic of operations. Their militia mostly used WaDs and WaDoms and their actually military used even SUMOs, Mahiroos and so on. All of which are good military machines. Fuunsaiki, the Nether Gundam and so on would be terrible military machines because the majority of it's power and attacks come from the pilot. The machine simply channels them, not generates them. So they'd be useless for almost everyone.

> Also I seem to recall the Moonies being rather against the idea of Earthnoids gaining UC era technology, or at least Agrippa Maintainer

He was against mixing with them because he was prejudiced to think that anyone not of the Moonrace was a simple barbarian who couldn't understand or appreciate culture or technology. Him having a personal bias against it doesn't make it a taboo.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.