[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Symphogear General - /sgg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151
Chrismas edition part one because this ain't making it to Thursday.

The relevant link list:

-Songs, CD/BD releases, lyrics and general information: http://pastebin.com/EeTkSpKa
-Hibiki Radio Station: http://hibiki-radio.jp/description/symphogear-gx
-Main S3 site: http://www.symphogear-gx.com/
-Episode 13
[Commie] - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=739337
[HS] - http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=737864
[H&D] - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=759881
-Third BD Volume
[RAW] - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=764187
「SMASHING ANTHEMS」:
LOSSY V1 - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=754956
LOSSY V2 - https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=75496
「BAYONET CHARGE/RADIANT FORCE (IGNITED arrangement)」
LOSSY - http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=761023
Remember: Believe in Justice and Hold Determination to deliver presents

Previous Thread: >>13650117
>>
>>13656237
I was woing to say first for HibiMiku but since it's already on the OP, first for Nanaloli
>>
File: CW1auepUEAITIl2.png orig.png (76 KB, 501x708) Image search: [Google]
CW1auepUEAITIl2.png orig.png
76 KB, 501x708
>>
>Leiur is named after Archangel Uriel
>there's also a band called Uriel
She really is a Jojo. I wonder if it's possible to come up with a name for her sister based on some of this knowledge
>>
File: sword has a question.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sword has a question.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
BD4 when?
>>
>>13656273
Apparently some people already have it.
>>
>>13656273
I wonder what kind of fixes it'll have
>>
File: A.jpg (146 KB, 461x669) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
146 KB, 461x669
>mfw my friend keeps putting off watching Symphogear and instead spends his time watching MMD and MIDI visualizers
>>
Best scene of each season?

>S1- First time Ichaival is used on screen
>G- Shen Shou Jing
>GX- Space Shuttle or Kirika and Shirabe vs Micha in Ep 5
>>
>>13656365
Shirabe's temporary last stand is the only non-SoL scene that impressed me in GX. It would've been a lot better had the fight been more serious (say, Kirika being injured and having an actual winner instead of the fight being interrupted by Tsubasa and Chris), but it still beats everything else.

S1: Tsubasa vs Fine is still unmatched.
G: Shenshou Jing's entrance.
>>
>>13656365
>S1 - SYMPHOGEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>S2 - DMJii one-ups Chris with Orbital Beat
>GX - IMA TEN NI TOIKAKERU NEGAI
>>
>>13656345
They cut episode 7 completely.
>>
>>13656416
>cutting the best episode of the second half
Not likely.
>>
>>13656422
But 13 wouldn't be included with BD4 in the first place.
13 being the best because it meant the suffering was finally over. I feel like I need to explain this in the off chance someone thinks I'd consider 13 good.
>>
>>13656422
Kaneko plz, your waifu a shit and episode 7 had one of the biggest things that ruined the back end of GX.
>>
>>13656427
>and episode 7 had one of the biggest things that ruined the back end of GX.
Maria was in the first half as well.
>>
>>13656422
>best episode
That's not DMJii's though. At least that one was completely harmless despite its slight pointlessness, unlike the constant string of crimes committed by every other episode in the second half.

>>13656427
>plz
>>
>>13656422
Shut up, Maria.
>>
>>13656427
Topdad was only introduced in 7. It was the following episodes that turned him into the worst thing in the series. You can't blame 7 on that since Topdad was going to be a factor in the season regardless.
>>
File: CW2mHn-XIAAbD8q.jpg:orig.jpg (90 KB, 810x1250) Image search: [Google]
CW2mHn-XIAAbD8q.jpg:orig.jpg
90 KB, 810x1250
>>
>>13656438
I mean Garie making a predictable plot twist into something that was so obvious it comes as a surprise that it was SUPPOSED to be a plot twist.
>>
>>13656432

Their Ignited fight is the most flaccid though. Shirabe doesn't use her Yoyo's once, and everything else feels basic as hell. I know Micha's meant to be jobbing, but god damn, it's dull. Even Just Loving Ignite can't save it.

At least Maria's fight has a few cool spots in it
>>
It's been the 23rd for hours, what's taking those yellow people so long?
>>
File: 54175482_p0.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1439) Image search: [Google]
54175482_p0.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1439
>>
>>13656447
Maria's fight would've been cooler if her moves were cooler. I love her concept, but like a lot of other things in GX it didn't feel like it was executed well.

As for DMJii's fight, you could say that about almost every Ignite fight. Not even Chris's unique use of Red Hot Blaze changes that. Even the original Ignite reveal feels like a lot of brute forcing and no substance, and it's not exactly a visual treat either.

>>13656440
Good to see her original version finally getting some love, especially from that particular artist.
>>
>>13656440
source?
>>
>>13656473
@M_hisashi on Twitter.
>>
>>13656474
>already following
I think it's high time I put a column in tweet deck just for him.
>>
>>13656470

Yeah, none were particularly good, just that their one is particularly bad, especially compared to how good their fight in ep5 was
>>
>>13656470
>>13656470
>Maria's fight would've been cooler if her moves were cooler. I love her concept, but like a lot of other things in GX it didn't feel like it was executed well.
I agree with this. I love Maria and I loved seeing her get to kick ass, but the fight was just kinda eh overall. The uppercut was glorious though, and I admit I really liked Serenade
>>
File: denial.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
denial.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>13656476
Theirs was bland and harmless in my eyes, much like the rest of the episode. While I will say that Maria's was the best, a lot of the others felt frustratingly bad, particularly Hibiki's with the awful moves and the poor use of Ignite G-Beat, but also Tsubasa's even if the casual display of autism was supposed to be intentional.
>>
>>13656480
I'd still say it was my favorite of the fights in question, but given their overall quality that's not saying much. Still, I'm glad she got something at least.
>>
I love how we're acting like the storyboarding and writing in GX are somehow the most questionable decisions made with this series so far

>get god-tier voice actress and singer
>give her to a character with a god-tier personality and design
>have her sing one song and a couple duets then get killed off forever

>get god-tier voice actress and singer
>give her the villain
>never have her sing, kill her off at the end of season 1 and give her only a brief cameo in season 2

>get god-tier voice actress and signer
>give her the adorable little sister character
>give her only half of one song and kill her off in a flashback

>get rising star voice actress with a pretty good singing voice
>give her a shitty villain in an overall shitty season
>give her two amazing songs then kill her off
>>
>>13656510
We can't leave every character alive just because they sing nice anon.
>>
>>13656510
>god tier
That's always down to preference.

Plus, do you really want the series to be even more focused on sales and bloated with characters than it already is? Kaneko's already struggling just to juggle this many.
>>
>>13656510
Casting isn't really as huge a deal as writing.

Also if you're going to bring up singing voices then how come you didn't mention Kikuko and Sugita not getting songs?
>>
>>13656535
Or Topdad, for that matter.
>>
>>13656365

>ching chong ching
>>
/sgg/ my one wish for Christmas is Ginwan Airgetlam ignited. So if any of you could help make a Christmas wish come true that would be great.
>>
File: IMG-20151219-WA0018.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151219-WA0018.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>13656365
S1. Chris getting blasted by kadingr or miku getting double bitch slapped by fine.
G Every time when Dr. Ver falls over while fleeing
GX GLORIOUS BREAK
>>
Does anyone have a link for Inori's CD handy?

>>13656365
S1- Between SHINFOGIAAAAAAAA and that scene with Gungnir first activating on Hibiki
G- The Seigi wo Shinjite intro
GX- Glorious Break to EXTERMINATE transition
>>
・リディアンの入学式 その1
リディアンの入学式 その2
・リディアンの入学式 その3
・リディアンの入学式 その4
・リディアンの入学式 その5
・リディアンの入学式 その6
・新天地・ロンドン
・新天地・ロンドン
・国連エージェント・マリア
・新天地・ロンドン
・それから数ヵ月後

tilte zesshoushinai 2
>>
>>13656628
- Xintiandi London
- Xintiandi London
UN agent Maria
- Xintiandi London

Habbening
>>
>>13656628
>lydian students
Stroganettes Zesshoushinai?
>>
>>13656628
L O N D O N
>>
>>13656628
Does that mean it's likely that someone will upload it soon?
>>
>>13656628
>>13656631
THREE LONDON SKITS. Chances we'll get drunk Maria or drunkbasa?
>>
>>13656641
It's probably the Tsubasa contemplating her reality show career in London, like on the youtube previews.
>>
File: Thomas is not happy.png (225 KB, 599x793) Image search: [Google]
Thomas is not happy.png
225 KB, 599x793
>>
Last skit is "Then after a few months" which means the next two will probably be during GX, like the Carol ones.
>>
>>13656641
I don't think they can show Tsubasa getting drunk; she's still only 19. Even if the age restriction in London is lower.
>>
>>13656655
What a fag
>>
>>13656655
who the fuck is this clown
>>
>>13656655
>cool heroes
>appealing lead characters
>memorable designs
>glimpse of the future
>violence
>strong female characters sometimes even without big boobs
>sexiness
>suspense
>tension
>sad stories
>cute girls
But Symphogear has all these things.
>>
>>13656655
Space Dandy was created specifically for the western market they jerks off about Cowboy Bebop all day. That same market also does not buy anime BDs and is content to watch re-runs every night on Adult Swim. It's not Japan's fault.
>>
>>13656662
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Romain
Symphogear Art director.
>>
>>13656655
He's got a point, though--as generalized at that statement is. Speaking on a creative direction, that is.

>"Why? I'm allowed to have my point of view. Besides, I don't dislike cute girls. I just want to see a larger types of shows."
>>
>>13656671
And there's still plenty of variety if you look past LN garbage for ten seconds so I still don't get what he's complaining about or why I should care.
>>
>>13656655
The hero we need.
>>
File: heidi-bd-photo.jpg (921 KB, 1430x1080) Image search: [Google]
heidi-bd-photo.jpg
921 KB, 1430x1080
>>13656655
>>13656678
>>13656671
Is not like cute girls is a new fad either
>>
>>13656655
Is he copying an /a/ bait thread? Because that looks exactly like one of those threads.
>>
>>13656667
>Creator of Code Lyoko
You know, that explains a ton
>>
>>13656655
Since he has to be involved with Kawamori's productions, I don't blame him.
>>
File: Old Man Yells At Cloud.jpg (63 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
Old Man Yells At Cloud.jpg
63 KB, 537x416
>>13656687
Of course it isn't, but compare it to decades before; the fact that Cute Girls is even more so pretty much the main selling point of anything and everything over in Japan nowadays is sad. It doesn't matter how good a series is if you can't capitalize on otaku bucks.

Doubtful Symphogear would've done half as well had the cast been replaced with men for example.
>>
>>13656703
>Doubtful Symphogear would've done half as well had the cast been replaced with men for example.
Pfffffffft.
>>
>>13656703
If the main cast was men with star male VA's singing fabulous songs and gay undertones it might've sold even more.
>>
>>13656703
Symphogear existed because Kingu-san wanted to sell some CDs and Agematsu wanted to try a new style of idoru anime in which the songs are sung live and used as an intrinsic part of the show, rather than just being stapled on.
>>
>>13656703
Man this isn't anything new. Every 70s and 80s super robot show has at least one cute girl in the cast or helping pilot the combining robot. Macross was half about distracting aliens with idoru bullshit. Dancouga shoehorned some up and coming idol in to voice act a bit character just because. Magical girl shows are arguably as old as stuff like Sally the Witch and Cutey Honey. Fanservice stuff goes all the way back to Harenchi Gakuen.

The only difference between then and now is that a greater volume of stuff is animated every year. Stop fucking whining and just watch the stuff you enjoy and ignore the rest like a sane person.
>>
>>13656715
>The only difference between then and now is that a greater volume of stuff is animated every year.
Also that slice-of-life is a popular genre.
Also that main characters aren't allowed to be hypermasculine any more because that doesn't sell in the modern market.
Also that the male:female ratio in shows got completely skewed in the other direction.

Like I don't particularly mind it too much since a good anime is still a good anime but it's ridiculous to say nothing's changed. Though the amount of shameless otaku pandering has gone way up in recent years.
>>
File: 54175956_p0.png (669 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
54175956_p0.png
669 KB, 724x1024
>>
File: gunbuster-episode-four42.jpg (190 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gunbuster-episode-four42.jpg
190 KB, 640x480
>>13656726
Shameless otaku pandering never existed before? Man just because it was pandering to something you like doesn't make it not pandering.
>>
>>13656427
It was the start of the end, between best doll dying and topdad being introduced.
>>
>>13656726
It's just going through phases for whatever is popular. Like first person shooters being all about WW2, then realistic warfare and now futuristic, with a few outliers here and there. Who knows, maybe 5 years in the future anime will all be about middle age married women?
>>
>>13656729
Consider me interested.
>>
>>13656732
It never existed before but it's never been
>what if the world were just like your favorite video game
>where you are basically a God because you're just that awesome
>also you get a huge harem of girls who love you unconditionally the second they see you
>also everyone who disagrees with you are complete assholes and objectively wrong

And the fact that there are multiple popular anime that follow this format proves it's getting quite absurd.
>>
>>13656655
Space Dandy is trash though. I understand Romain's gripe and there are some very good examples out there, but this isn't one.
>>
>>13656742
Yes, i also hate Tenchi Muyo!
>>
File: 201409180640.jpg (696 KB, 1280x1827) Image search: [Google]
201409180640.jpg
696 KB, 1280x1827
Why do you people even care about what Thomas has to say? He is good at his job, but a quick glance at his twitter should tell you all you need to know about the worth of his opinions.
>>
>>13656784
What do you mean? I'm not seeing anything particularly bad in his recent timeline.
>>
File: 1449949230577.png (313 KB, 772x1031) Image search: [Google]
1449949230577.png
313 KB, 772x1031
There are definitely modern trends in anime that drive me up the wall - though it always makes me happy when I remember that Madhouse completely phoned in Mahouka - but a lot of this stuff about anime being distinctly worse these days always comes off as sour grapes. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that Infinite Stratos is one of the best selling television shows of all time, but one of the other best selling shows of all time is Madoka Magica.

My most recent anime folder contains stuff like Ping Pong, Mushishi, Shirobako, Death Parade, Subete ga F ni Naru, Kyousougiga, Concrete Revolutio, Kekkai Sensen, Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru, and so on. You might think these shows are bad, and some of theme even have their fair share of cute girls, but they're still honest and creative works.

That folder also contains shit like Rakudai kishi no Eiyuutan and Gakusen fucking Toshi fucking Asterfuckingisk. That's just the nature of the beast.
>>
>>13656726
> Also that main characters aren't allowed to be hypermasculine any more because that doesn't sell in the modern market.
It still works for Jojo.
>>
>>13656798
I don't think it's so much an issue of "anime isn't creative any more" it's that the industry rewards rehashing the same things we see every season (girls doing nothing and adolescent power fantasies being the most common). And it doesn't punish series for having shallow characterization or plot. In many cases it rewards shows for that because when you get complex and psychological shows that don't spill out character motivations and feelings the average viewer doesn't seem to want to think about that kinda stuff - there's a reason Sakura is the least popular Fate heroine despite being the most complex and pretty well-developed from a character standpoint. She gives off the surface appearance of "oh she's the shy one" and that's what most people take away from her probably because there hasn't been a HF adaptation yet and only there does she get a concrete character.

It's true that every season there's a wide array of creative series, many of which can be good but an overwhelming majority are being more homogenized by tossing stuff in just to make it sell.

Once in a blue moon a haremshit LN can be pretty enjoyable, I will admit. In fact, haremshit has this strange thing that when it isn't total shit it's usually pretty good. I haven't seen a light novel adaptation that's just "decent". The problem there is that the ratio is so skewed towards shit that most people (outside of plebs who like stuff like SAO) probably would rather err on the side of caution and just not watch them.
>>
>>13656798
Asterisk has pleasantly surprised me. I expected Julis to be your typical Louise-type tsundere but she's actually been pretty decent and has a nicely noble side.
>>
File: 54137019_p12.png (84 KB, 708x501) Image search: [Google]
54137019_p12.png
84 KB, 708x501
>>
>>13656729
>Scans when
Scans when
>Scans when
Scans when
>Scans when
Scans when
>Scans when
Scans when
>Scans when
Scans when
>Scans when
Scans when
Probably never ;-;
>>
>>13656870
Oh, and having the Horizon director isn't bad either.
>>
>>13656870
Cavalry is vastly superior though
>>
>>13656655
Cute girls, idols and suffering are the things that sell the best nowadays. Even better if you combine the three. This is not news to anyone and you can't blame the industry for trying to make shows with decent sales.
>>
>>13656893
I thought AKB0048 didn't sell all that well, though.
>>
>>13656895
There where no cute girls in AKB0048. And the suffering wasn't good enough.
>>
>>13656863
The only good thing that can come out of haremshit is the possibility of cute yuri splinter from the rest of the pack. Even then it is usually not worth watching for that.
>>
>>13656893
I'm not blaming the industry--it's foolish to do so--I'm blaming the audience who has such a powerful hold on it that it's limiting the chances for the more creative series to flourish.
>>
>>13656910
People just aren't willing to spend money on things that don't "pander" to their very specific tastes and I don't blame them. Everyone can do what they want with their money so if a bunch of 40 years old salary men want to spend their pay checks on cute girls doing cute things I can't fault them.
>>
>>13656910
Stuff made as purely, 100% what the staff wanted to do will rarely sell as well as something aimed at a specific audience. However that doesn't mean that the later kind of show is a blight on the industry or anything like that, people buy things that they like big whoop. Bitching that people like Idolm@ster and Love Live is like complaining that people like superhero movies.
>>
>>13656923
Superhero movies are just as cancerous, it's just that the western movie industry has nowhere near as many issues in general.
>>
>>13656870
I expected that show to be a kind-of succesor to IS and in comparision I found Asterisk more enjoyable than IS in the fact that at least it's male lead isn't useless
>>
>>13656936
>I don't like it
>IT'S CANCER
>>
File: 1450766047180.png (795 KB, 551x1690) Image search: [Google]
1450766047180.png
795 KB, 551x1690
I'll gladly become a slave to the octocat overlords if it means I will be smothered by this creature every night.
>>
>>13656993

>underwear under the garterstockings

is there anything she can't fuck up? It's adorable
>>
>>13657002
You can always just pull them aside.
>>
>>13657002
She's trying to preserve her purity by restricting access.
>>
>>13656993
I've never even considered buying a daki before but this thing is tempting. How would I even start going about getting one? Where would I order from? Do I need a proxy service to ship it to me?
>>
>>13656631
>UN agent Maria
Time for some espionage
>>
>>13657013
Hobby Stock. Yes.
>>
>>13656861
Have you even read Jojolion
>>
>>13656909
While I support yuri in most of the cases, in harem anime I always support the heterosexual relationship.
>>
>>13657054
Are you implying having four balls is not hypermasculine?
>>
>>13656876
Considering it's most likely faceless males or rape never getting scans is a good thing
>>
>>13657063
> or

Pretty sure that should be an and.
>>
>>13657063
Based on their previous Geah works it will be yuri or futa.
>>
>>13657063
Wasn't the other doujin the guy did futa Miku and Chris?
>>
>>13657076
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=30650
He's done quite a few.
>>
>>13656587
try >>13650319
>>
File: 54057936_p0_master1200.jpg (304 KB, 1157x819) Image search: [Google]
54057936_p0_master1200.jpg
304 KB, 1157x819
>>13657063
How do you feel about catmom rape?
>>
>>13657002
That's how they're usually worn. Where did you get the idea that underwear under the garter belt is wrong?
>>
>>13657182
It is wrong though. If the panties are under the garter belt, then you have to take all of that off just to go to the bathroom.
It simply isn't practical to wear the garter belt over the panties.
>>
>>13657206
>Fashion
>Practical
>>
>>13657210
Garterbelts are hot either way so I don't see what's so wrong with some convenience.
>>
>>13657206
You just have to unclip the garter belt from the stockings. You don't have to remove the whole thing.
>>
>>13656271
Uzziel
>>
>>13656365
>S1: A TRUE MAN NEEDS NOTHING ELSE
>G: I WILL NOT LET GO! I'LL NEVER LET GO AGAIN!
>GX: HAJIMARU KOTO
>>
>>13657177
The idea is good but that art is pure bleh.
>>
>>13656365
>S1: SYMPHOGEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>G: AI DESU YO!
>GX: Hmmm, I guess that it was the shuttle scene.
>>
>>13656365
>S1
Pic related. Mostly because I wasn't enjoying Hibiki much. It took until this scene to really like her and actually began cheering for her
>G
Miku VS Bikkie HIBIKE! TSUTAE! UTAE!
>GX
Shuttle Scene... and maybe X Edge Just Loving debut
>>
>>13656365
>S1-ZENBUZENBUZENBU
>S2-HIBIKEHIBIKE
>S3-DESSDESSDESS actually shuttle
>>
>>13657359
That's the scene that sold me on Symphogear and Hibiki. Been on the ride ever since.
>>
>>13657359
>>13657368

That entire confrontation with Chris in the forest is 10/10. It even has the first piledriver punch
>>
>>13657359
I remember we even built her campaign in our theoretical fighting game around that scene
>Chris tells everyone else about the weight thing and they start thinking that they aren't Hibiki's friends as long as they don't know her weight
>Everyone becomes insane and try to beat the information out of her
>>
Now imagine if the first season had the topdad arc instead of the Chris one. GX was too hard for Hibikifags
>>
>>13657359
There is even a funny 4 koma with Chris trying to make true to the promise. That scene is great
>>
>>13657378
I think that if G was topdad arc and GX was relic cancer, it'd have gone over bette
>>
>>13657386
It'd have gone Bettie?
>>
. >>13657386
If would have been better if there weren't a topdad arc
>>
>>13657392
I spilled oil on my keyboard.
>>
>>13657397
Olive oil anon nooooooooooo!
>>
>>13657386
When did the Candlejack meme come ba
>>
File: betty.jpg (84 KB, 491x414) Image search: [Google]
betty.jpg
84 KB, 491x414
>>13657392
hmm... mmmyeessss... perhaps today Betty will finally succeed...
>>
File: Berserkerstandoff.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Berserkerstandoff.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>13657386
>GX was relic cancer
>part 3
>relic cancer
That'd be a bit on the nose, don't you think? I could dig it
>>
>>13657395
The arc would have been acceptable if they either A) toned down on his shittiness and gave him any redeeming trait more reasonable than "he said some words once" or B) didn't bother to redeem him at all.
>>
>>13657408
It'd fit in tune with Carol's whole wanting to kill the miracles.
>>
>>13657415
Yeah, that's what we have already discussed multiple times, I still don't know why Kaneko put him like a scumbag and after 1 minute a full redemption, very bad writing which could have easily avoidable
>>
>>13657415
>>13657436
See, the way I saw it was that he was actually a good person and to some extent, still was. But he's lost the thing that made him respectable and because we're viewing it from Hibiki's perspective, he goes from being just a dead-beat dad to worst parent ever.

He needed more than 8 minutes of screentime before his redemption though.
>>
>>13657408
The only question is if it'd delay FIS introduction until S3 or not. If it didn't, the whole "Maria's Gungnir to replace Hibiki's" thing gets a little weird. If it did, then you're introducing FIS and Carol & Co in the same season, which would not go well.
>>
>>13657443
Or they could just have G Maria use Airgetlam instead of Gungnir.

This is said with knowledge of future seasons. Hindsight is 20/20, you know
>>
>>13657443
Hibiki gets told she can't fight again at the end of G, can't do anything when the dolls attack her friends at the start of GX, sees that Maria is still trying to do something even though she's jamming all over the place, takes Maria's Gungnir and cue the "waterfall in Miku's pants" scene

Then we just need an alternate cure for relic cancer.
>>
File: useless tentacle monster.jpg (427 KB, 1128x1236) Image search: [Google]
useless tentacle monster.jpg
427 KB, 1128x1236
>>13657443
REMOVE FIS
>>
>>13657442
>needing more time
The same can be said about a lot of GX. But instead they wasted four episodes breaking gears and four episodes killing dolls, when each of those could easily have been condensed down to two episodes each.

It really is amazing how they managed to simultaneously waste so much time and rush things so horribly.

>>13657451
That'd also work, yeah.

>>13657464
but Maria is my second-favorite and DMJii are cute even if they are retarded

Captcha cut it out with this sixteen-panel bullshit
>>
File: soon.jpg (493 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
493 KB, 2048x1152
>>
>>13657467
Like, I like GX overall as a season even topdad, but for personal reasons but it needed to be a 2-cours to go with the plot that it did.
>>
File: maria glasses.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maria glasses.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>13657476
Secret Agent Maria?
Dis gon be gud.
>>
>>13657480
HI Zoid, subtitle the specials soon, thanks
>>
>>13657480
It didn't even need more time, it just needed to make better use of it. If they had done what I suggested they would have had four more whole episodes to work with for stuff like SoL or a training montage or actually developing topdad into a character worth redeeming
>>
>>13657484
I'm not Zoid. Olive Oils.

>>13657486
Yeah, that is also an idea and probably better and more feasible. But a second cour could also means more dolls.
>>
>>13657476
They really did learn from the best
>>
>>13657476
Not soon enough. Rip when?
>>
>>13657476
Why does all our fanfiction keep happening?
>>
File: Thin_Man.jpg (92 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Thin_Man.jpg
92 KB, 960x720
>>13657476
>>
>>13657508
Kaneko browses these threads. See >>13657480
>>
>>13657508
Wake me up when there's a Zesshoushinai where the geahs grow dicks and fuck each other like animals.
>>
>>13657512
Maybe he'd have more time to write his shit better if he didn't take up that oil making hobby.
>>
>>13657511
OVERWATCH
>>
>>13657523
Are we still going about that Anon that literally sells snake oil?
>>
>>13657532
I want to cover Maria in my snake oil.
>>
>>13657532
Olives are a species of snake, yeah.

>>13657535
That was a good one, actually.
>>
>>13657535
I want lamia Maria to cover me with her snake oil
>>
>>13657539
> Olives are actually snakes
Does that make the ones with pimientos cobra relatives?
>>
File: kumashock ;).jpg (114 KB, 1092x910) Image search: [Google]
kumashock ;).jpg
114 KB, 1092x910
>>13657532
no bully
>>
>>13657476
How can she be so best
>>
>>13657544
Tsubasa please
>>
>>13657555
Fuck, the creature's brainwashing powers work even on Orphenochs. We're doomed five times over.
>>
File: guess it you wont.png (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
guess it you wont.png
52 KB, 800x600
Drew this for a "draw a scene from an anime in paint" thread on /a/

hope you guys like it.
>>
>>13657666
That's from Naruto, right?
>>
>>13657679
Yeah. It's when he eats the fruit and gains his shinigami powers.

I liked it a lot.
>>
>>13657511
The part in the Xcom 2 trailer where one of them smiles is freaking creppy
>>
File: 54124835_p10.png (266 KB, 496x701) Image search: [Google]
54124835_p10.png
266 KB, 496x701
>arriving Friday

Great joke, amazon.
>>
>>13657792
Christmas shipping, it's a bitch.
>>
Just skipped through the King Records live 2015
>Dat Nana flying for Synchrogzer
>Dat Kindan no Resistance
>Dat Angela
I thought someone said Ayahi was in it too, what part is she in? I might have skipped her.
>>
>>13657826
Flying Nana was amazing. No Ayahi unfortunately, unless I'm completely blind.
>>
>>13657829
Ayahi isn't under King Records.
>>
File: 1449958988551.jpg (461 KB, 554x791) Image search: [Google]
1449958988551.jpg
461 KB, 554x791
>>13656863
What I was getting at is that when this discussion happens or when someone brings it up is that there's a certain kind of cherry picking going on. Not necessarily maliciously, but it happens. I'd attribute it to the growth of the market. With so many people watching anime the amount of noise made about a popular series seems much larger, because our frame of reference as individuals hasn't changed from back in the 80s or 90s. I think this can cause us to lose sight of the whole industry.

>>13656870
Asterisk surprised me when it had an entire episode where Ayato didn't appear.

>>13656887
Rakudai Kishi is not a good show, but I didn't find it as tiresome as Asterisk, despite their many (many) similarities. How I liked 35 Shoutai most of all, despite it having by far the worst production.
>>
>>13657835
>>13657829
Oh right I forgot that.
>>
File: 1444339267690.jpg (26 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
1444339267690.jpg
26 KB, 352x370
>>13657734
> Spooky as fuck
>>
>>13657840
I love this picture so much. Kanade's smile is beautiful, and Hibiki and Maria are super cute.
>>
>>13657840
I personally liked how Rakudai appeared to be your typical harem show at first and then MC-kun hooks up with a girl not even halfway through the show.
>>
>>13657734
I don't remember seeing any Thin Man in the trailers I've seen, apart from that diplomat figurehead guy on TV.
>>
>ohsugi in the Rabbit Hutch
Oh this is gonna be golden
>>
File: 7006002b.png (77 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
7006002b.png
77 KB, 256x256
>>13657870
GOOOOOLDEN
>>
>>13657873
ANGELIC HARP WITH HEAVENLY CHOIR
>>
>GX will never not be Symphogear ZZ
>>
File: 0049.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0049.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>13657879
Symphogear ZZ is going to be amazing if it ever happens.

I think you mean Symphogear Try or Symphogear Force.
>>
>>13657879
Does that make Carol Elpeo and her homunculi the Purus?
>>
>>13657886
Symphogear SingerS when
>>
>>13657886
>don't touch me, you filthy fucking mook
>>
>>13657900
>You are never going out to hit on girls with noise
They would make such great wingmen
>>
Zesshoushinai subs when
>>
File: 1450168367869.png (308 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450168367869.png
308 KB, 800x600
>>13657860
You can't fault the speed at which its romance moves, and honestly some of the big action sequences are pretty enjoyable. Some of the liberties the anime took were good as well, like the weapon summoning sequences.

I still disliked its silly 'everyone thinks he's weak but actually he's really strong!' thing. It's nowhere near as obnoxious as in Mahouka, but still quite bad.
>>
>>13657879
But ZZ didn't have Topdad
>>
>>13657907
ZZ had Moon Moon.
>>
>>13657910
I'll never understand everyone's problem with Moon Moon, it wasn't any goofier than Shangri-la was.
>>
>>13657910
Moon Moon didn't require deleting two characters from the show and ruining all the development of a third, as well as many themes of the show up to that point.
>>
>>13657905
>I still disliked its silly 'everyone thinks he's weak but actually he's really strong!' thing
Well, I see it as mostly due to the F rank.

They did highlight the fact that he doesn't fight exactly like the other knights(and his abilities don't work with the system they got which is why he got a low rank although he's pretty good) , he doesn't use the magic, he just overclocks himself and wreck them with his skills with the sword.
>>
>>13657913
You're completely handwaving A LOT. And Shangri-La was plenty goofy. Moon Moon was retarded.
>>
>>13657913
At least those two wasn't fucking Tigerbaum.
>>
>>13657917
The episodes with that junkyard fat guy with the MS made from scrap are literally the worst arc in all of Gundam.
>>
>Ohsugi is now the KRC advisor
I was not expecting that, but I am so glad this was the outcome

Gentarou and Hibiki would get along like a house on fire and it would be spectacular
>>
>>13657922
just as good as any G filler arc.
>>
>>13657933
Still not as bad as the filler arc known as GX.
>>
>>13657922
Gottn was a better villain than Carol
>>
>>13657944
I meant G Gundam.
>>
>>13657916
There's a reason given in Mahouka for why Tatsuya is 'bad' as well, but in practice if it doesn't really hinder the character it's nonsense. Ikki's low mana reserves and lack of magical reserves don't actually make him weaker than other character except in some very limited ways.
>>
>>13657945
>better villain than Carol
Wow, what an amazing feat.
But really, Gottn was a hero and a bro.

>>13657949
Just wanted to swing back at bashing GX.
It'll always be fun.
Unless S4 somehow ends up even worse.
How would they even accomplish that, I wonder?
>>
>>13657956
Topdad completely replaces Hibiki as the MC
>>
>>13657956
Write out any of the existing Gears/main characters
Completely forgo all character interaction outside of designated pairs
Promote Topdad to main character
No more songs

Any number of ways, really.
>>
>>13657956
>MORE new gears
>edgy timeskip
>Ver is alive
>again
>somehow
>topdad gets relevance and Genjuro loses even more
>male love interest

You know he browses this thread. You're playing with fire.
>>
>>13657965
>You know he browses this thread. You're playing with fire.
I do not
>>
>>13657951
Isn't Tatsuya's issue kind of similar to how ZnT's Louise can't into regular magic but blows everything to hell with her Void spells?
>>
>>13657956
>How would they even accomplish that, I wonder?

male lo FUCK >>13657965 beat e to it
>>
File: youcouldhaveitallmyempireofdirt.jpg (497 KB, 839x1600) Image search: [Google]
youcouldhaveitallmyempireofdirt.jpg
497 KB, 839x1600
I actually really liked Carol.
>>
>>13657974
I really liked her character design, both loli and cake
>>
>>13657978
I liked her voice and songs too.
>>
>>13657965
>>MORE new gears
>>edgy timeskip
>>Ver is alive
Hey, those can be actually pretty good if done well.
>>
>>13657951
No, Ikki is F ranked power wise. His power is so limited that outside of the school duels it would only really be any good for assassinations. He is gaming the system to move up.

Sort of like someone who is good at multiple choice tests so they do well in school but crash and burn in the real world.
>>
>>13657979
Oh I loved her songs. They're both in my top 5 from GX for sure
>>
>>13657979
I like her sideriff/sideboobs. And that's it, really.
>>
>>13657972
If Louise could use her Void magic with scalpel-like precision at lightning speed at sniper rifle range with no assistance, then sure. Louise's magic was very powerful but it had a number of genuine disadvantages.

Tatsuya's Decomposition magic has no disadvantages at all. It can used for everything from dealing with sweat to blowing holes in China and works in all conditions including the heaviest anti-magic jamming.
>>
File: 1450469403074.png (253 KB, 700x430) Image search: [Google]
1450469403074.png
253 KB, 700x430
>>13657974
I am so sorry I liked her for the potential she could've had, and really wished they incorporated the characterization from her songs into the show itself. She could've been a good tragic villain, had GX stuck with the notion of "you can't save everyone" instead of pulling the sunshine and rainbows card at the end.
>>
>>13657972
Tatsuya is just really bad at plebian magicand is super specialized in the top-tier and has to hide it.

Louise is a person who only do one type of magic for her whole life and never knew it, and even then she's just okay at it.
>>
>>13656365
>S1
Tsubasa's speech and final attack

>G

>GX
Maria hijacking Gungnir

Not so much best scenes, just the most memorable ones. Which becomes very apparent as I can't really remember anything that stood out to me in G.
>>
>>13657989
The main disadvantage with Void magic is the long-ass casting times. The spells themselves can actually be really flexible if the mage knows what they're doing. Just look at the other Void mages who popped up late in the series.
>>
Speaking of haremshit shows, some of them have interesting backgrounds of politics, world history, and magic system's (if any). Authors should explore stuff like that as well, instead of typical harem hijnks and "Male MC is super weak on paper but super strong in practice"
>>
>>13657982
The school duels are just non-professional versions of the enormously popular international sport which knights participate in. As Ikki very good in that arena, it follows then he could succeed in professional sports.

Even if that wasn't the case, what matters to the show is the school duels, where Ikki is extraordinarily powerful, despite being F-rank.
>>
>>13658004
It's probably because that's what sells.
I imagine the authors of those things first pick the "harem with Mary Sue MC" template, then write all the bits that interest them with world building and shit around it.
>>
>>13658004
The authors don't always have a choice if their editors get overbearing. (And then you have authors like Kawakami and Kamachi, who drive their editors to tears.)
>>
File: whathaveibecomemysweetestfriend.jpg (517 KB, 839x1600) Image search: [Google]
whathaveibecomemysweetestfriend.jpg
517 KB, 839x1600
>>13657978
>>13657979
>>13657990

GX was messy at the end but I just can't dislike her. She's genuinely my favourite villain, even though rationally speaking I know that Fine was better constructed.

I wish she'd gotten an Exterminate attack card.
>>
>>13658012
I wish she'd gotten a personality.
>>
File: P009.jpg (401 KB, 1434x2048) Image search: [Google]
P009.jpg
401 KB, 1434x2048
>>13658007
I think it's a little bit of both, depending on who's writing what. There's a full spectrum of that.

Stuff like Infinite Stratos don't even touch on the setting outside of a couple throwaway lines. Then you can get, say, Ore Twintail which focuses primarily on character interactions but does have silly world building moments (mostly involving the effects that the Twintails have on society as a whole like Tailblue's public image). Then there's series like Accel World which establish the setting and try to balance it with the character stuff as best as possible. And things like Raildex where I'm pretty sure the author doesn't even want to write the haremshit seeing how there are multiple spinoffs that were made as soon as possible.

Unless you're specifically talking about light novels that primarily do world building that just so happen to have a harem in it, which Log Horizon is the only one I'm aware of.
>>
File: symphomichaplay.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
symphomichaplay.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>13656365
S1 : The showdown at Kadingir
G: One Trillion Degrees!!!!
GX: Kirika and Shirabe's both confrontations with Micha
>>
>>13658034
>Kadingir
Ka Dingel.
>>
File: canon as fuck.png (81 KB, 274x352) Image search: [Google]
canon as fuck.png
81 KB, 274x352
>>13656729
>Duplicate Key guy is doing another DMJii Doujin

C'mon, let the mamacat get some time to shine for once
>>
>>13658042
>pic
SCIENCE!
>>
File: 1440676243077.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2830) Image search: [Google]
1440676243077.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2830
> The tall one has, up until this point, been unofficially referred to as the "Octocat".

> Initial testing has revealed a concerted effort by the aliens to modify this specimen's genetic structure in such a way as to make it appear human.

> However, on closer inspection, they seem to have had some trouble concealing the tentacles, which appear cephalopod in nature.
>>
>>13658083
10/10, read it in Vahlen's voice.
>>
File: sympho missles.jpg (273 KB, 888x1500) Image search: [Google]
sympho missles.jpg
273 KB, 888x1500
>>13656365
>Best scene of each season?

S1- You made me sing my song!
S2- Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
S3- Hype ass opening episode
>>
>>13657965
>spoiler
That's an evil thought anon.
>>
File: Chrismas.png (2 MB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
Chrismas.png
2 MB, 1600x1131
if you where all good this year we might get OVA subs for Christmas
>>
S U B S
W
H
E
N
>>
File: into the bin.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
into the bin.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>13658099
>Commemes
>>
>>13658113
Ignite FIS where?
>>
>Wild Arms 3 PS2 port for PS4
Finally /sgg/'s Destiny playing population can have play a good game

Unfortunately our surrogate little brother on 360 is out of luck
>>
>>13658156
Didn't mean to reply
>>
>>13658160
Peasantry aside, how's the PC emulation for it?
>>
>Bushi Noise clear file and strap arrived in my country
>Predicts it will arrive today
>Not one of my relatives call for me
>Checks status
>Item for Customs examination
I have a bad feeling about this. It's the first time it happened.
>>
>>13658166
Emulates fine I think.
>>
>>13658166
Supposedly PCSX2 runs all the Wild Arms games just fine if you have a sufficiently powerful processor, but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>13658167
Bushinoise is underage, enjoy your ride in the partyvan.
>>
File: ed4c20101a8d1f87e120538f79cf85df.jpg (826 KB, 2893x4092) Image search: [Google]
ed4c20101a8d1f87e120538f79cf85df.jpg
826 KB, 2893x4092
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 151

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.