[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars VII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
Pretty good movie. Captain Phasam was a let down.
>>
Agreed. All the other characters got their due, and she was in about 3 scenes and then disappeared. Still, fun film.
>>
>>13646766
The saber duel at the end was godly.
>>
Found it more fun than any of the PT that's for sure.

Also, even though I knew it was coming, Han's death really got to me. He was always my favourite of the OT cast.
>>
File: tie-fighter-force-awakens.jpg (19 KB, 1280x527) Image search: [Google]
tie-fighter-force-awakens.jpg
19 KB, 1280x527
They should have called this movie Revenge of the TIE.

Really, if they could take a basic TIE design and make it this deadly imagine what they could do if they got their hands on Interceptors or Defenders.
>>
>>13646784
I thought it was boring. also it annoyed me Rey was able to be part of the force with no training and kick not-vader's ass.
>>
>>13646804
the light side of the Force was cheating and using Rey as a meat puppet.

Because the Force is mystical again and not a symptom of having parasites.
>>
>>13646804

That was pretty annoying but at least it can be partially explained by Ren being injured at the time, so he wasn't fighting at 100%. Also, I noticed that Ren was kind of kicking her ass until she 'awakened' to the power of the Force then turned things on him.

Now her being able to use the Jedi mind trick on that random Stormtrooper? That one was complete bullshit.
>>
At least Phasma is 99% likely to not be dead.

>>13646791
That wookie rage from Chewie though. I thought he went allahu akbar on Kylo and friends the way he went apeshit. On top of that I was worried they cratered the Falcon for good getting into Starkiller Base, like it was all one big attempt to just punt those three out of the spotlight for good.

But prior to that, fucking 3PO out of fucking nowhere was like the most unexpected returning character I didn't really care for. Him and R2 felt like they tilted a bit too hard in tying the old guard into the new trilogy, especially with how plot relevant out of left field R2 ended up being, but whatever they were handled rather well as third act appearances.

I could gripe more about the film but honestly it was significantly better than I expected and it got me interested in where things will be going.

>>13646804
Kylo is kinda a joke anyway, he's torn between two opposing philosophies whereas Rey's tapping into the Force in a way that seems more primal and unbounded by the light/dark philosophy.

Which kinda makes her dangerous because she's like hyper sensitive newtype and as we all should know by now the most dangerous people are sensitive newtype kinds.
>>
>>13646817
Jedi and the Force are probably popular fairy tales in the galaxy. Force Persuasion is one of the best known powers. It is a function of the Jedi having a stronger will than the person to be influenced.
>>
>>13646819
I was actually shocked that Chewbacca actually hit Ren with a shot. Like seriously, usually the shots miss and the villain just moves on.
>>
>husband dies
>I'm going to comfort this girl who I've never met who probably knew my late husband for 2-3 days at most.
>meanwhile I'll leave my husband's co-pilot and best friend for decades to mourn alone in a corner

Well fuck you too Leia.
>>
Can anyone explain the logic of needing a "map" in space? And not just something that says "go here?"
>>
>>13646844
Ren is just an acolyte. His training with Luke was incomplete. Voldemort only gave him enough to make him useful as an errand boy
>>
>>13646852
it was all piece together from all the bits of wild ass rumors of Luke's travels.
>>
Meh-Rey-Sue.
>>
File: Luke-Skywalker.jpg (138 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Skywalker.jpg
138 KB, 1368x1026
>>13646867
>>
>>13646849
The film implies so hard that Leia & Kylo have met Rey before youd have to be autistic or generally unable to understand voice tone and facial expressions to miss it

My theory is shes Lukes daughter
>>
>>13646875
>My theory is shes Lukes daughter
>rey
its so obvious that I'm thinking that its actually not Luke's daughter
>>
>>13646852
Hyperspace routes. If you dont follow them youll die. Also according to old lore the left half of the galaxy is mostly hard to reach via hyperspace due to distortions of blah blah sci fi babble you get my point.
>>
>>13646875
Gee, you think?
>>
>>13646849
Chewie rebounded pretty well all things considered (taking a liking to Rey likely helped), and the offscreen dialog Leia had with Han about Rey, after factoring in Leia's force sensitivity and all, makes it rather plausible she got all surrogate parent towards her. That and also really she's the one who really needs to be seeing Luke, jedi bullshit holds a bit more weight than mere family concerns right now.

Long story short: literally newtype logic.
>>
>>13646875
Do yo even EU? Rey is Kylo's twin sister. In the grand tradition of the skywalker family. she was taken at birth and given to another family. To be dropped on a backwater sand planet. so she can be hidden from the dark side and become the Chosen One. She ins the Yang to Kylo's Yin. Together they bring balance to the force.
>>
>>13646887
>Chewie rebounded pretty well all things considered
that actually bugged the hell out of me.
>>
>>13646883
gravity wells and not running into stars and planets.
>>
Have any of you heard about the rumors that Hayden Christensen is going to be in Episode VIII and that that film is going to b about cloning/resurrecting Vader?
>>
>>13646888
EU doesn't exist anymore. RIP Kyle Katarn
>>
>>13646888
There is no way they are rehashing THAT badly I refuse to believe it
>>
File: hot-toys-boba-fett.jpg (168 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hot-toys-boba-fett.jpg
168 KB, 600x450
whens the Boba Fett fanwanking going to show up in these movies?
>>
>>13646895
well in the EU books, they cloned the Emperor a lot.

if they are going to keep using things from the books but changed a little. Then yeah, i can see a clone vader.
>>
>"Rey is a Skywalker" theory

you know the problem with that is she's got a bit of a I WAITED FOR MY PARENTS TO COME BACK FOR ME thing going on and do we really need to give Kylo an apprentice that quickly just so Finn can channel Mace Windu's eternal butthurt over dying like a bitch?

I mean seriously that's kinda a bullshit way to create plot drama.

>>13646890
Chewie really took a liking to her.
Plus odds are better that he'll get another go at Kylo again if he's palling around with Rey.

And who knows, maybe he's honoring an off-screen wish of Han's to look out for her in the event he dies doing something incredibly dumb and emotional.
>>
>>13646908
As well, they didn't have to erase the EU, they could have easily made it into an alternate timeline with its own continuity
>>
>>13646902
well force awakens was literally new hope to the T that it, imo, hurt the movie.
>>
>>13646890
Chewbacca is OLD, dude. Im sure Han isnt the first friend of a shorter lived species he's lost
>>
>>13646919
so? he lost his LONG time friend right before his eyes and 30 minutes later he's buddy's with Rey.
>>
>>13646915
It was more a pick and choose from the original trilogy period.

>>13646929
Again, he took a liking to her.
Hopefully he won't get killed by Kylo in a fit of murderous revengeance rage.
>>
>>13646908
If they do clone him they should have him be neutral and pick neither side, , though Christensen in old age makeup is going to look terrible if the clone looks older
>>
>>13646935
>>13646915
All the EU material has a constant theme. All that has happened, has happened before and will happen again. You have this galactic spacefaring society that has been around for tens of thousands of years. In a constant cycle of light and dark, war and peace, rise and fall.
>>
>>13646929
Yeah like you never held back the pain when life stuff like going to work needed to get done a few days after your relative/friend died. Theres nothing abnormal about it. If you wanna nitpick theres a film/television board for that. Theres plenty of legitimate complaints to make and thats not one of them.

>>13646912
how does her waiting for her parents mean those parents aren't Luke and Not-Mara Jade? Theres nothing contradictory there
>>
>>13646946
Or, as a normal person would say:

hacks gonna hack.

Just saying.
>>
>>13646946
yeah history repeats but come on that makes a boring movie rewriting the same damn scene but with woodland background instead of desert.
>>
>>13646953
It doesn't contradict anything.
It's just waaaay too soap operatic for my tastes at the moment.

You could write a monologue about how butthurt Rey would be about living on Jakku toiling day after day for meager rations while her dad was too busy hiding in shame over Kylo giving into his butthurt, ending in Rey joining Kylo because she'll be similarly butthurt over her own problems.

I mean sure ESB was pretty soapy, but I'll be honest, I never liked that about ESB to begin with, and I don't want to put up with The Soap Opera Strikes Back: Round 2.
>>
>>13646953
>Theres nothing abnormal about it
if you're a heartless asshole maybe.
>>
>>13646966
Or maybe you just put up a happy face so no one has to worry or anything.

Sometimes you just have to put on a happy face.
>>
>>13646900

Dash Rendar is still canon though. Lucas had so much involvement with Shadows of the Empire that he considered it on the same tier of canon as the movies.
>>
My only gripes with the movie
>basically copied everything from the New Hope
>Phasam did jack shit
>the pacing in beginning was too fast
>Fin's deserting seemed too sudden
>Leia looked like a weird mix of Bill Murray and Mrs Doubtfire

Excellent stuff

>new droids
>the redone starfighters are nice
>more action than I anticipated
>Ren surprised me
>final fight was really different, having Fin and Rey fight against Ren, and both of them fought well and injured Ren
>>
>>13646904

I genuinely hope he comes back just to rub it in the faces of all the "you only like him because his armor is cool" haters.

And I mean come back on the level of Robot Chicken's "back from the dead, assholes!"
>>
>>13646976
I don't think Disney holds the same sentiment.

That said most people are concerned about Kyle getting shafted when there's a perfectly good gaiden film coming up that could put him back into the canon.
>>
>>13646969
It doesn't even have to be a happy face, I jusy shoot for neutral.
As for thst other guy, apparently one should not spend a single waking moment not crying for days on end after a death or youre a total cunt. pfff
>>
>>13646997
What would he do though? His current contract is void.
>>
File: for you.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
310 KB, 1920x1080
>>13647012

He's a Bounty Hunter, he can always find more work.

On a side note, while he had one of the shittiest stories, the Bounty Hunter in TOR had some of my favorite dialog options.
>>
>>13646888
>>13646875
Possibly she was present at the slaughter of the Jedi by Kylo (she was shown a vision of that right before being shown herself being left behind on Jakku).

She's also been having visions of Luke's location (Kylo mentions when interrogating her that he can see her dreams of an endless ocean with an island in the center).

Either they intend for her to be Luke's daughter or they're a bunch of red herring assholes.
>>
>>13647024
Maybe she just has the power of force premonitions?

Or maybe the force itself is trying to communicate to her with overwhelming visions of things.
>>
>>13646791
>playing in my head as the event unfolded
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHi8aU8HSIM
>>
>>13646816
She downloaded 2TBs of lightsaber fighting instructions and wasted all the light sides data for the entire trilogy

Mean while Ben probably only bogged down the Darksides latency temporarily by yanking secrets out of everyone's unprotected share folders
>>
>>13646817
>THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS!
>>
>>13646827
Yeah no shit even that crusty junk owner from Episode 1 had heard about it
>>
>>13647095
back then the jedi were a dime a dozen.
>>
Adam Driver was so good. Best part of the movie, honestly. I get that people didn't like Kylo that much, but Driver's performance was so good.
>>
anyone else think the lightsaber fight at the end boring? It didn't feel like a fight it felt/looked like 2 kids trying to play sword fighting. (I know both weren't fully trained but still)
>>
>>13647104
It's probably the most popular story you hear when hearing about theme though

There are probably so many bullshit fakers that "claim" to have been Jedi mind trick it's probably their universes equivalent of being "abducted in a corn field"
>>
>>13647136
At least those side lasers on Kylo's saber came in handy after all
>>
>>13647136
I think that was the point

Maybe not but at least thats what I figured

At least no ones doing unecessary backflips
>>
File: l50sp.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
l50sp.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>13647162
>At least no ones doing unecessary backflips
but those are fun
>>
I thought the final version of looks light saber was Green?
And how has it not malfunctioned by now?
>>
>>13647181
Flippy dippy dippy saber battles may have been the only good thing about the PTs
>>
>>13647184
light sabers are constructed by jedi and sith using the force. the components are infused with the Force and work better than they would normally.
>>
>>13647181
They're obviously charging up in that scene. If Fire Emblem has taught me anything, it's that spinning your weapon before you attack lets you do triple damage.

>>13647184
That was Anakin's lightsaber, not Luke's.
>>
>>13647194
Except for when they're mass produced in wartime during the Clone Wars.
>>
>>13647202
Luke still had that?
So why'd he build the Green one
>>
>>13647206
Are those Gem caves in the Genndy version of clone wars still cannon
>>
>>13647209
Luke dropped it at Cloud City when Vader cut his hand off. We have no idea how it ended up there in TFA other than "that's another story".
>>
>>13646784
>>13646804

I'm really fucking happy they got rid of the spinny bullshit from the prequels.

Lightsaber duels should reflect underlying character conflicts and dynamics first, and the lightsaber fights in this movie did exactly that.
>>
>>13646804
>not-vader

That's kind of the point.

Kylo Ren is a little bitch who acts tough.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1366x768
>>13647212
> other than that's another story
BULLSHIT
>>
>>13647212

Oh fuck you're right.

I completely forgot about that.
>>
>>13647220
He may not be Vader
But he certainly is a whiney little Anakin
>>
>>13647233

Anakin at least was a fully trained Jedi in his own right for most of the prequel. Kylo Ren wasn't even finished being trained by Luke before turning.
>>
>>13647240
Skywalker men are highly Whiney it seems
Even Luke was just a smidgen Whiney in new hope
>>
>>13646978
>basically copied everything from the New Hope
Agreed
>Fin's deserting seemed too sudden
Finn saw the horror of the Starkiller, that's why he defect.
>>
>>13647240
Plus Anakin was dicked over by Greek tragedy IN SPACE, while Kylo never grew out of being a bitchy teenager.

>>13647250
To be fair there's no way he could see where the seeker was going with the blast shield down.
>>
The one thing that stuck out that bugged the hell out of me is how they just randomly ran right into Han right after leaving the planet in a random direction.

Like seriously, what was up with that?
>>
>>13647223
Someone got more than they expected in a tibanna gas canister. Free hand and free lightsaber with each purchase!
>>
>>13647212
>We have no idea how it ended up there in TFA other than "that's another story"
Could be that Vader retrieved it and stashed it away in a box somewhere.
>>
>>13647256
Also, I get that they had a map to get to the planet, but how the hell did they expect to find a single person on an entire planet, and then somehow made a b-line straight to his island despite only having a star map?
>>
>>13647223
EU of how Chewy's Girl friend finds it when?
also should Chewy be out making Girlfriends when he has a wife, speaking of shouldn't he be heading home for Life Day about now?
>>
>>13647250
BUT I WANNA GO INTO TOSCHE STATION AND PICK UP SOME POWER CONVERTERS!

Power Converters is Tatooine slang for prostitutes
>>
>>13647109
His performance was good, but his nose was too big, his face was too long, and his cheeks aren't symmetrical.
>>
>>13647256
Powering up the Falcon probably reactivated whatever LoJack Han had installed on her.

He's been looking out for that ship for quite a while.

>>13647259
That's how the Force works.
>>
>>13647256
He did say that him finding them wasn't a coincidence, he was specifically looking for them.
>>
>>13647259

I dunno, Rey's a pretty fucking powerful force sensitive, maybe she found him
>>
>>13647259
When Kylo was reading Rey's mind he said something like "I see your dreams, I see the vast ocean, and the island" so the implication is that Rey had already been sent visions in the Force of Luke's location. So the Force probably led her to the correct island.
>>
>>13647259
The map probably said where he was on the planet?
>>
>>13647258
At least in the Thrawn Trilogy, the Empire retrieved the lightsaber, along with Luke's hand.
>>
>>13647263
I thought the same thing at first. Watch Girls, or something. Once you're used to it it's no big deal. He's a really good actor.
>>
>>13647251
No he defected because that was his first day on the field he says this multiple times
He also says once that his previous department was Janitorial
He went from unclogging Phasma's Toilet to getting blood all over his helmet in a day (not really but you know what I mean)
>>
The true power of the Force.

Writer's convenience.
>>
>>13647277
>"here is skywalker's hand, my master"
>"vader, what the fuck am i supposed to do with this"
>>
>>13647263
He looks like a dork but it kind of fits the character.

Plus even with the mask off he's got a good voice.
>>
What if Rei is Sheev's (great-)granddaughter?

Maybe that's why she was hidden away? Anyway, that would be better than her being a Skywalker.
>>
>>13647263
Han's kid with Mark Zucherberg more like it
>>
>>13647294
*Rey
>>
>>13647285
>Not knowing Luuke Skywalker
>Not knowing Luuuke Skywalker
>>
>>13647285
>Sew it to your own arm
>Your probably the same blood type
>>
>>13647281
Well it's true.

Need to pull a plot development out of your ass? Use the Force! Hero trapped in an awkward predicament? Use the Force!

Need to shave off relationship-building dialog? Newtype bullsh- I mean, use the Force!
>>
>>13647294
She's to cute to be related to that ... THING!
>>
>>13647294
>Sheev

>getting his dick wet
>ever
>>
>>13646914
disgusting
>>
I am torn on Ren. On the one hand, once he took the helmet off I couldn't take anything he did seriously. I kept imagining the big nose and jew-fro under it and would have to fight not to start giggling.

On the other hand, it fits the character. He's abig retard that no one in the movie really takes seriously because they know he's just an edgy teen. Snoke, that commander dude, Phasma, his dad, even the nop-troopers, nobody really respects him.
>>
>>13647261
Geez fucking Skywalker men
Good thing getting to go on an adventure cause Luke to grow outta that real quick
Also helps that he was the only one with a stable parental environment
>>
>>13647309

The Dark Side of the Force makes you fucking ugly after awhile, anon. Kylo Ren is an untrained little shit on a power trip which is why he's still reasonably attractive under the mask.
>>
>>13647310
>Blew it
>>
>>13647317
What about Maul and Dooku?
>>
>>13647317
>reasonably attractive
You know accept not
>>
>>13647321
>Dooku

Christopher motherfucking Lee doesn't need any prosthetics. Fuck that.

>Maul

He had the red-yellow eyes and is a scary-looking dude already.
>>
>>13647332
As far as his people are concerned Maul was attractive
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwO-k-RqNA
>>
>>13647332
Maul may have looked demonic but he definitely wasn't hit by the ugly tree at the time.
>>
>>13647345
He was an apprentice at the time anyway
>>
I'm disappointed by the lack of new spaceship designs. All we got was X-wings, TIEs, a Star Destroyer, troop transports, and Ren's shuttle. And the Falcon.
>>
I kind of hope Finn gets another lightsaber even if he isn't a jedi.
>>
>>13647361
One does not put a lightsaber under their pillow and wake up a Jedi
>>
>>13647356

It's only what, 30 years after the original? Look at how much technology progressed between the Old Republic and the current movies, nothing fucking changes significantly in terms of scientific developments or technological advancement in this setting.
>>
>>13647322
Dude, he definitely fucks.
>>
>>13647350
He seems to have held up well in TCW
>>
>>13647374
Up his faces?
Yes he does he should stop
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (41 KB, 312x472) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
41 KB, 312x472
Did anyone else notice all the R5 droids the Resistance had? Like half the X-wing pilots were using them, and it makes me wonder why, both in universe and out.
>>
>>13647379
Are they inferior or something? I figured R2 and R5 astromechs were the norm, and BB was a special case since he was unique and Poe's pet
>>
>tfw Kylo Ren is basically Adam Driver's character from Girls

>>13647378
He's above average by most standards, man. I'd fuck him.
>>
>>13647136

In fairness, it was 2 completely untrained people vs someone that was visibly barely able to move after getting shot in the chest by a weapon that the movie established is ridiculously powerful.
>>
>>13647385
>He's above average by most standards, man. I'd fuck him.

I think he's pretty damn attractive, but I'm a sucker for those sharp, angular facial features.
>>
>>13647314

Yeah his whole character is that he's obsessed with being Vader, someone he'll never be.
>>
>>13647136
Sort of. I really had to pee, though. There was some neat choreography in there, I thought.

>>13647388
His charisma doesn't hurt, either.
>>
>>13647382
>Are they inferior or something?
Yeah they're not as well designed. Luke's family almost bought one from the Jawas instead of R2-D2 and then it basically blew up in front of them.
>>
>>13647136
>(I know both weren't fully trained but still)

I sincerely doubt Kylo Ren has actually fought another Jedi in a one-on-one even duel.
>>
>>13647382
R5's are pretty common its just that they lack some of the functionality of R2 units, but they're cheaper. Maybe they decided they worked well enough and just skimmpedmthe budget there?
>>
>>13646998
I don't consider Disney canon so.
>>
>>13647345
Ha you just reminded me that mail is STILL alive, as in hes going to be 'used' by sidious in some capacity. How so though? In rebels? In the comics? Maybe discovered in some lab in the spin off? In the new trilogy, used by snope? Still yet to be seen.
>>
Why does everyone, from our heroes to minor bounty hounters, speak in stupid UK accents?
>>
>>13647441
He IS Snoke.

>>13647379
>>13647399
>>13647406
Non-canon, EU fluff. R5s have no history in the new universe.
>>
>>13647459

This is fucking space. There IS no Britain. For all we know it's just the accent that is used for general trade language and is widely taught.
>>
>>13647467
you know what they mean....as in it was a decision to have more brits.

Personally I cringed really hard at the Nazi speech. It just reeked of nubile try hard. And yeah I get it, thats the point. A new generation. Still the point sucks.
>>
>>13647459
It's a "Coruscant" accent.
>>
Did anyone else feel like there was way too much action in this movie? Like, every 30 minutes it was the Battle of Endor, only flashier.

And there were really no sets that gave you any sense of context. Literally everything was one object of human manufacture and then empty nature around it.

>Scavenger Camp
Tents in a desert
>Bar
Big stone temple in a forest
>Starkiller Base
A bunch of metal towers surrounded by snowfields
>Resistance Base
Hobbit holes surrounded by empty plains and open sky
>Final planet
We literally end up in the middle of nowhere.

There's nothing suggesting that these locations exist in any kind of relation to anywhere else in the galaxy. Remember the first time you saw Mos Eisley as Luke and Ben sped in on his speeder? Sure, they end up in a seedy bar, but it was in the middle of a bustling city. Or remember Echo Base? Even when you only saw the command center and the hangar bay, you had dialogue and cut-away shots to suggest other parts exist, like the ion cannon, the trenchlines, the shield generator. Whereas in this movie, the bar doesn't even have landing grounds for spaceships around it, it's just some stone temple in the middle of nowhere. Rey's hometown is just tents in a desert, and you have no suggestion of a "junkyard" or any landing zone until they get chased.

Sure, we saw a lot more pretty planet shots, but they suggest nothing of any civilization or development, unlike the shots of Coruscant or Naboo when blockaded by the Trade Federation.
>>
>>13647475
>Desert girl
>Bounty hunter
>Every Imperial
>Speaking the same fucking accent
>>
I hope somewhere along the line they say that Poe or whatever X-Wing's pilot's name was was trained by Wedge or something...
>>
>>13647496
Wedge got killed during the Battle of Jakku. Rey wears his helmet as a hat.
>>
>>13647379
They're not R5s. They're R6s.
>>
>>13647356
The only really new designs were the Star Destroyer, the Star Trek shuttles, and Ren's bird ship. TIEs and X-Wings look the same and the people I watched it with bitched about how everything just felt like it was ripping off the OT.

>>13647368
Wrong. All the starfights and ships changed completely and everything got a lot more efficient after the Prequels.
>>
>>13647499
>Wedge got killed during the Battle of Jakku
>there is no longer a single living pilot who gets to wear two Death Star patches on his uniform
>>
>>13647499
Shit...was that his?
>>
>>13647368
Things progressed a fair bit.

>no more hyperdrive rings
>capital ships are bigger and badder
>Interdictor cruisers were invented
>>
File: 1336073744027.png (16 KB, 300x601) Image search: [Google]
1336073744027.png
16 KB, 300x601
>>13647511
>>13647499

Well fuck I'm sad now.
>>
>>13647510
Wes Janson nigger.
>>
File: IMG_0348.jpg (170 KB, 1000x829) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0348.jpg
170 KB, 1000x829
>>13647511
The helmet had the same wedge and circle designs.
>>
>>13647513
That's true. Now they're small enough to equip TIEs with hyperdrives.

>>13647488
You know what else? JJ strung almost every scene together as one complete sequence of events rather than having jumps so that, say, a few days could pass while they're in hyperspace and shit like that. And that's really fucking jarring because it makes the movie seem like it happens over just 2 days.
>>
>>13647519
Wasn't he last shown alive in Aftermath though?
>>
>>13647136

Like the fact they sound like they have a real sense of..sorry, for lack of a better term, 'weight' behind them.
>>
>>13647522
I mean i didnt notice any green...but im with >>13647519 if that is the case...
>>
>>13647533
Just the wedges identified it.
>>
>>13647525
Does the basic TIE have a hyperdrive now? It bothered me that Finn wanted Poe to get him away from Jakku's system, but he decided to steal a starfighter that has no hyperdrive and would therefore not really be able to get all that far away from the system before life support runs out.
>>
>>13647538
It's implied.

The TIEs attack the restaurant without any visible support ship. Finn tried to use the TIE to escape the system, and given the training he got I'm sure he knows how hyperdrive works, and Poe didn't complain. And Ren treated it as a serious escap risk if Rey managed to get to a hangar with a TIE.
>>
Did anyone else feel like FN was just a stereotypical hood rat for most of the movie?
>Trying to escape responsibility
>Steals shit to try and run away from a life he doesn't like
>Lies to get what he wants
>Has menial jobs
>Wants da white wimmen
>>
File: A1CDbXBhHkL.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1691) Image search: [Google]
A1CDbXBhHkL.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1691
>>13646800

So, why would you have ejector seats? Aren't TIEs designed primarily for space combat?

Also, does anyone have scans of this book?
>>
File: bwing prototype.jpg (416 KB, 1753x1397) Image search: [Google]
bwing prototype.jpg
416 KB, 1753x1397
>>13647356
Given what went on why would you expect more. The military might of the Resistance appears to have been a single X-wing squadron, and the only ship combat we saw was the chase and the 'shoot the core' raid.

The upgrade of the X-wing and Tie fighter has me looking forward to what will show up in actual capital ship fights.
>>
>>13647546
>The TIEs attack the restaurant without any visible support ship.
I assumed Ren's Star Destroyer was in orbit. We saw him watching the beam from the bridge, a beam that was also visible from the restaurant/bar, then two minutes later he's planetside with stormies and TIEs.
>>
>>13647551

Go back to /tv/, you fuck.
>>
>>13647560
They mentioned at least Black and Blue Squadrons. They probably had like 3 at their HQ. It seems like The Resistance was just The Republic's underground insurgent force within First Order territory, not actually the formal fleet of the Republic.

Did anyone get a good look at the ships orbiting Coruscant when it got blown up?

>>13647561
The beam was visible across the galaxy. The planet wasn't in the same system but you still saw it as a huge shooting star in the sky. If his star destroyer was in orbit they should've intercepted the Resistance fighters.
>>
>>13647551
>>>/pol/
>>>/tv/
>>
>>13647572
You cannot deny that JJ seeks to appease the tumbler ideology.
>>
>>13647581
Except that's the opposite of tumblr. It just makes Finn look like a nigger.
>>
>>13647459
>>13647474

A lot of the non-Tunisian (aka Tatooine) scenes in A New Hope were filmed in Britain. The UK has a law that movies filmed into their country are required to have a certain percentage of the cast be domestic actors in order to financially protect their film industry.

So Lucas filled the imperial ranks with brits.
>>
>>13647551

Not really, he was the only character in the movie that actually had an arc and developed.
>>
>>13646946
who said time has to move towards the future
lives that erase the stigma will rewrite history
>>
>>13647646
Why didn't JJ?
>>
>>13646919
I thought chewie is actually still young going by Wookie standard.

or does that not apply in the Disney canon?
>>
>>13647667

They didn't film in Britain
>>
>>13647722

Wookies love to be about 400. He was appartently around 200 at the battle of Yavin IV.
>>
>>13647754
But they did film in Britain. Production was based in Buckinghamshire.
>>
>>13647758
>love
Live*

>>13647760

Then I wonder where they shoved the Brits.

I mean besides Finn's actor, who is British.
>>
>>13647763
Rey's actor is also british.

apparently they hid the brits right under our noses.
>>
>>13647499
>>13647522
>Wedge got killed during the Battle of Jakku

Just watched it a third time and this guy is full of shit.

Some of the same markings but the helmet is entirely different. The markings probably mean how many ships they shot down.
>>
>>13647356
I'm disappointed that with all the callbacks in this film to ANH that they didn't make Leia's ride a new version of the Corellian Corvette rather than that ugly flying box thing they went with.
>>
>>13647522
>>13647511
>>13647499
>>13647537

The Battle of Jakku happens entirely in a book called Lost Stars and Wedge isn't in it.

The markings are also not exclusive to Wedges helmet, Wedge has a dark green and the one Rey wore was white and had Rebel insignia's on it. You are either blind or an idiot.
>>
>>13647804
I remember a couple of the First Order minor officers having British accents.
>>
>>13647522
>>13647537
>>13647499

I just googled it
Nice try Imperial asshole, Wedge lives to fly another day.
>>
>>13646849
>Well fuck you too Leia.

to be fair, she was the one who consoled Luke about Ben the same day her planet exploded
>>
I never watched a Star Wars movie before. Can I start with this one or what is the recommended watching order?
>>
>>13647996

For TFA, prequels are irrelevant. Watch the original trilogy.
>>
>>13646912
>"Rey is a Skywalker" theory
Its not a theory, it was meant to be revealed this movie but the scene was cut
>>
>>13647976
They are exclusive to Wedge's helmet, that's why he's called Wedge.
>>
>>13647996
IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII.

Or if you just want to skip the prequels (The only good thing you'll miss is the Emperors hammyness mostly in Ep3) you can just go though the Original Trilogy and then Seven.
>>
>>13647996
4 > 5 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 7
>>
File: 1421657233490.jpg (72 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
1421657233490.jpg
72 KB, 880x880
>>13648063
In that case he can just watch episode III after seeing the original trilogy.

It has all the Sheev goodness and is probably the least shitty one of the prequels.
>>
>>13648063
>The only good thing you'll miss is the Emperors hammyness mostly in Ep3)
MY LITTLE.
GREEN.
FRIEND.
>>
File: Treason.jpg (119 KB, 1648x930) Image search: [Google]
Treason.jpg
119 KB, 1648x930
>>13648087

It's treason, then.
>>
File: 1419708786199.png (144 KB, 665x339) Image search: [Google]
1419708786199.png
144 KB, 665x339
>>13648111
RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGGGGHHH
>>
>>13648070
No.

Machete order is shit, don't do it.

Also
>Skipping Phantom Menace
>Watching Attack of the Clones which is even worse
>>
File: 1439734968988.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439734968988.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
Machete Order is solely based on the idea that you don't know Vader is Luke's father.
There is no real artistic or dramatic value you'll get from watching Episode 2 and 3 right in the middle of the original trilogy.
>>
The Solo Manuever
>>
>>13648029
I laughed
>>
>>13646766
I was just amazed the Rakatan homeworld showed up in it.
>>
>>13646914

That's exactly what they did though. That's what the Legends label is about. They're still publishing all that stuff and acknowledge it as an alternate version of events - they're just no longer working on it favor of their own stuff, since they have to put some out to get people to buy in to their new universe and flesh it out.
>>
>>13646912

>>And who knows, maybe he's honoring an off-screen wish of Han's to look out for her in the event he dies doing something incredibly dumb and emotional.
Imagine if they mentioned that Chewie once made a promise to take care of Leia when Han wasn't around.
>>
>>13648293
Legends sort of imply it isn't real. Can't Disney get into explicit multiverses like DC and Marvel?
>>
>>13647256
Han had been looking for the Falcon. Once it was off Jakku, he could see it on his sensors.

Wait..."off Jakku"...
Jakku off
Jakk u off
Jack you off
...whoa
>>
>>13647310
>>Ruler of the Galaxy
>> not getting some Twi'lek to polish your knob daily. 2 at a time on weekends.
>>
>>13647567

How the heck did that beam work? If it was travelling at light speed it should take centuries if not millenia or more to reach most targets. If it was travelling through hyperspace it shouldn't be visible in the sky of any planet except the planet it was fired from and the ones it was just about to hit.

Also, the fact the people on the planets it was aiming at could see a beam travelling at at least speed coming towards them.
>>
>>13648198
Pretty similar to the Adama maneuver.
>>
>>13646978
>Ren
Even after having read stuff about how "he's a mess", I was still pleasantly surprised by how off-putting the reveal was. It's clear the mask and voice are just to hide his form from both enemies and subordinates and exert authority (which was not always effective). And having him hammer his wound repeatedly was great and shows just how hot-headed he is rather than just relying on two scenes of him destroying stuff.

Also I really like how his costume and saber go together.
>>
>>13648410
And it could also be seen in the sky from a planet that's extremely far away from either the source or target.

Just don't think about it. It's just a fun action film.
>>
I'm slightly confused after watching the movie.

Where was the "New Republic's" armed forces during the assault on Starkiller base? Don't tell me they all got destroyed by the Starkiller's first salvo... that doesn't even make any sense
>>
File: 1161466799717.gif (2 MB, 270x148) Image search: [Google]
1161466799717.gif
2 MB, 270x148
>>13648410
They drop the line that the weapon is a "hyperlight weapon". It's a FTL version of the Death Star with multi-target capabilities.

>>13648411
I knew saving this image would be of benefit some day.
>>
>>13648410
The force did it!
>>
>>13648438
Possibly the Republic was reorganizing after suffering from the First Order's decapitation strike. I also really hope that they don't say that the fleet around Hosnian Prime was the entirety of the Republic Fleet, because that would be stupid and minimalist as hell.
>>
>>13648438
the bulk of them probably were, at this point for all we know the fleet might have been stationed in all those different planets at the time, 0083 style naval review.

another possibility is those are the worlds that actively supported the resistance while the rest were either less powerful or aren't as supportive.
>>
>>13647019
Is this mmo game worth getting at all?
>>
>>13648452
>>13648453
I was really hoping to see large scale fleet battles this time. I also wanted to see Wedge, but that actor didn't want to be in the movie.
It just seems like the Resistance is poorly funded, rag tag rebel scum, can only field 3 squadrons of X-wings etc etc.
>>
>>13648463
you can try it for free and despite being an MMO and you can solo all the story parts, but if you're expecting KOTOR 3 it's far from it.
>>
>>13648438
That's certainly what they made it sound like, that the NR's entire fucking fleet was wiped out.
>>
>>13648470
>poorly funded
>has top of the line X-wings in pretty damn good condition

Please you don't need the capital ships on an attack run against the first superweapon of a trilogy.
>>
>>13646766
My reaction is too mixed. For every 5 things that I like, I find other 5 things that I don't like.

>third act was horrible due to all the New Hope cliches making it predictable and boring as fuck
>there was absolutely zero tension in the x-wings scene
>Rey is a mary sue, the bitch is perfect in every aspect. In 24 hours she learned to use the Force and beat a trained Sith, she's a very good pilot, has extensive knowledge of all things mechanical, and has a heart of pure gold.
>the cop-out of poe surviving the crash landing and being perfectly A-OK.
>captain into-the-trash-she-goes
>wimpy ginger being a very poor grand moff tarkin replacement
>carrie fisher's "acting"
>lord bad-CGI voldermort
>>
>>13648499
>beat a trained Sith,
She beat an angsty acne-faced injured pussy Darth Vader geek fanboy edgelord.
>>
>>13648510
Who killed all the Jedi in Luke's temple.
>>
>>13648518
>Who killed all the trainees in Luke's academy

Fixed.
>>
>>13648526
>trainees
Rey is not even that and she still beat him, but as I said mary sue.
>>
>>13648518
he was badly injured this time around though, chewie's blaster packs a punch, not to mention he's probably in a bit of an emotional wreck.
>>
>>13648494
>attacking heavily fortified ground target
>poorly funded Resistance cant even afford to send A-wing bombers
>>
>>13648518
>Who killed all the Jedi in Luke's temple.
Who killed all the children in Luke's "academy"
>>
>>13648538
>A-wing
>bomber
>>
>>13648534
>he was badly injured this time around

when rey and finn fled he caught up to them, no, the fucker was WAITING for them.
>>
>>13648533
>mary sue.

It made more sense for Finn to be able to hold his own until something happened to draw Ren away from the battle.

Everything revolving around the Starkiller base is just rushed with little development for Rey beyond "lol I can jedi now."
>>
Oh come on, the only thing the fucker has going for him is the force powers which Rey can resist.

In a straight up melee fight the tonfatrooper could probably take him solo easily.
>>
>>13648545
Shit forgot if the bomber was B wing or Y wing lol
>>
>>13648494
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the first order only have 1 star destroyer which was nowhere to be seen during the fight?

In new hope they only sent Y-wings and X-wings to an unguarded death star while in ROJ the death star had an entire fleet of star destroyers backing it up hence the need for capital ships.
>>
>>13648565
The Finalizer, yes, it's something like twice the size of the Executor.
>>
>>13648575
No, it's only twice the size of the classic Imperial Star Destroyer. (Around 3km iirc)
>>
>>13648575
>The Finalizer
worst star destroyer name I've seen so far
>>
>>13646766

This show had an absurd amount of coincidences. I'll admit, I wish Kylo Ren looked more...Well, threatening. You know, cruel but well-made. He looked like a kid throwing a tantrum; they needed someone with immense reservoirs of darkness in him, like the Driver in Drive.

Also, the show relied very, very heavily on coincidence, but we'll be here forever if we talk about it. (i.e. Millenium Falcon, running into Han, Poe's miraculous survival, R2D2 reanimating, et cetra.)

The heroine was so clearly a stronk womyn that I groaned. It was completely without self-awareness, but it was still way better than the prequels.
>>
>>13648575
Oh wait I misread >>13648565

>didn't the first order only have 1 star destroyer
No, we've only seen one, and it's mentioned in supplementary material as "Kylo Ren's flagship". I doubt that teenage edgelord would have his own ship if the order only had one, so they probably have a lot more. Enough for them to give one to him, at least.

>>13648592
Sorry, was going off memory, I recalled it being described as twice the size of something.
>>
>>13646766

I have complaints about this movie, but the final lightsaber fight was great. I think this was the most violent final duel in the entire franchise so far. Really, really hated Rey, though.
>>
>>13648604
>supplementary material as "Kylo Ren's flagship"
seemed more like a ship he hangs around in while Hux was really the man in charge of the ship
>>
>>13648603
>kid throwing a tantrum

That's kinda the cleverness behind his character, he's no true Sith but rather a pissed off force sensitive with family problems, like he never grew out of his teen rage.

He's a dork, a dangerous dork but nonetheless a dork.
>>
>>13648615

Yeah, but that's really my problem with it. He's not really threatening. There should be awful, repellant attraction to evil. It's like those videos of Nazi rallies during WWII: Sure, they're evil bastards. But they look grand, noble, and frightening. They are the invincible, serene army that will crush the world beneath their jackboots.

Kylo Ren's dialogue in the big confrontation with Solo was really bad. I mean, really, really fucking bad. He looked like he was about to go "I don't have to clean my room! I'm a grown man, I can do what I want to!". Like, he felt like a joke.

Also, evil white man versus good stronk womyn and good black man. Oh boy, how exciting!
>>
WHERE IS MOTHERFUCKING KYLE KATARN
>>
>>13648615
He's literally the kid that shoots in school in america. A faggot.
>>
>>13648633
off to the legends with you, also killed by ben solo
>>
>>13646919
He's 239. Not even middle aged. It's in the new Visual Dictionary.
>>
I need to see it a second time to form a proper opinion, but the ending left me on a sour note. All the hype over Luke only to have him in the final shot, but the pacing felt too erratic at times with few moments of pause. Some other moments also felt a bit too drawn out, such as how long the shot was held on Kylo and Rey's saber lock, along with the whole "you need a teacher" line.

Again, I think the ending just left me disappointed, so I'll need to see this again next week.
>>
>>13648499
Ren isn't a Sith you fucking retard. He was also severely wounded and mentally unstable.
>>
>>13648621

I'll also add: A good example of a character like that is Full Frontal. Yes, yes, I know Unicorn has a lot of issues, but Full Frontal (despite the stupid name) looks genuinely regal. He has a lot of gravitas, but is clearly a man who will kill without mercy. You know, the kind of character with a quiet assurance and a great capacity for cruelty within them.
>>
>>13648633

It's Finn
>>
>>13648648
But Kylo isn't supposed to be threatening, he's supposed to be a whiny little bitch. He's supposed to be a pathetic geek.
>>
>>13648637
And it's actually sensible because the dark side appeals to these types.

Much like ISIS.

And then you have what's his face, Hux? The far more fanatical neo-Hitler guy, he definitely covers for Ren being a bitch.

I kinda enjoy this slight perversion of the good vs evil tale, since it's like both sides are full of either fuck ups or people just totally unprepared for the role. Everyone is in over their head and who knows, maybe the story is about the Force itself and the people are just actors on the stage that is the Force's grand resurgence?
>>
I want to meet the guy that came up with the name Snope and ask him is he is retarded.
>>
>>13648643
Eh, I was more off put by how Rosencratz and Guildenstern were shoehorned into the narrative during the third arc.

Especially with BB8 being right about how R2 did have the rest of the map.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.