[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we 100% sure the Tem Ray circuit was garbage? I know Amuro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: 03+Amuro+and+his+father.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
03+Amuro+and+his+father.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
Are we 100% sure the Tem Ray circuit was garbage? I know Amuro knows his MS tech, but he seemed like he didn't really examine it that closely.
>>
>>13602595
It's truly a mystery.
Had Amuro installed it, would the Gundam really have gotten more powerful? Who knows. All that we do know is that it was just a plain Zaku II circuit by appearance and Tem had gotten brain damage from oxygen deprivation.
>>
>>13602595
If we go by SRW stats, yes.

>"The piece of junk he built actually appears in the PlayStation game Super Robot Wars Alpha and many other strategy-type Gundam games, however it usually has a negative effect on the stats of the mobile suit that equips it. In Super Robot Wars Alpha, this item, called "Tem Ray's Circuit", gives the equipped unit a penalty to mobility but reduces the repair cost of the unit if it is destroyed to nearly nothing."
>>
>>13602625
In the first Dynasty Warriors Gundam it also made an appearance. It normally gave no bonuses but if you equipped it in all the slots on a mobile suit you'd get a high bonus.
>>
it's just a USB hub
>>
>>13602595

It's canon that it was junk
>>
>>13602625
Combining 3 Tem Ray Circuits gives crazy stats increase in dynasty warriors Gundam 1. So all this time the secret was to install 3 of them in the gundam. Too bad Amuro only got 1 and threw it away.
>>
File: magic Ts.jpg (50 KB, 315x230) Image search: [Google]
magic Ts.jpg
50 KB, 315x230
T stands for Tem Ray.
>>
>>13602595
>the tem ray circuit was incomplete
>he was going to build two more for the gendum
>it would've been strong enough to kick zeong's teeth in with a single punch
>amuro decided to toss it anyway

Worst protagonist ever.
>>
File: unstoppable.jpg (189 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
unstoppable.jpg
189 KB, 600x600
>>13603076
So what about this?
>>
>He most certainly has brain damage from oxygen deprivation even though I literally don't know what the fuck happened to him at all in the past ongoing space war!

Amuro please
>>
File: tem.png (434 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
tem.png
434 KB, 500x666
>>13602595
It was some parts ripped out from a zaku that he probably just broke

Amuro knows his electronics and would be able to tell literal junk at a glance
>>
>>13605665
This turns the Gundam into the Gurren Lagann. Alternatively, it becomes sentient and starts conquering the solar system.
>>
>>13605665
>unusually unuseable
>>
>>13605674
>didn't even open it up
Yeah, I can tell a lot about electronics from two fucking wires.
>>
>>13605706
You can tell when something is just actually scrap anon. Plus Amuro knows the gundam pretty well and probably knew a part like that wouldn't even attach anywhere
>>
>>13605716
You rest it on the dashboard bro. It was actually intended to be the world's first Taxi MS meter, but Amuro didn't agree with leasing the Gundam to Persians, so he tossed it.
>>
>>13605716
Amuro didn't know jack.

Even Newtypes have to read the manual.
>>
>>13606009
the manual that only existed in Tem Ray's mind somewhere?
>>
>>13606030
Maybe he had another thick-ass manual for the circuit in his apartment, labeled Project T.
>>
>>13606030
The gendum manual, senpai.

Amuro didn't know how the white devil worked just by looking at it, so the same applies to the TR Circuit.

For all anyone knows it could've actually contained the blueprints for a Minovsky Drive

We'll never know.
>>
Someone posted a real one of the Tem Ray circuit once. I don't mean that USB hub they made, but an actual computer part from the 70s that it was based on. Can't remember what it did.
>>
>>13605665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCNv1-lxNZU
>>
>>13602595
The original Japanese line was something like "This module is awfully outdated".
He never called it "junk" actually.
>>
>>13607844
Going by that, does that mean Amuro has seen similar modules in the past?
>>
>>13604651
i still dont understand what the fuck this thing actually is
>>
>>13602595
>he didn't really examine it that closely
Which means it was so shit he could tell with just one quick look.
>>
>>13602595
>>
>>13609803
TOPKEK
>>
>>13602595
Electrician here, Amuro had no way of knowing what the Tem Ray circuit could do. He did not look at a schematic, he did not open it and examin it. In fact, when he first thinks "it's a piece of JUNK" the only part of it he can even see is the featureless underside of the box.

There is, of course, the possibility that Amuro would recognize it as a component he was familiar with, but since Tem said that he'd developed it from salvaged Zeon tech that makes Amuro's judgment entirely arbitrary and rash.

Also, everyone citing video game stats as canon should hit their own dicks with a hammer. Keep that shit in your SRW threads.
>>
>>13609696
Neither do the people who built it.
>>
>>13610289
>citing video game stats as canon
>implying that christian ideas of what is 'canon' has any place in discussing Gendum
>>
>>13610289
> Keep that shit in your SRW threads.

This people need to stop using crossover shit in arguments. (Unless its about crossover fights and shit.)
>>
>>13605295
But the Zeong doesn't have teeth
>>
>>13602595

Professor Ray's upgrade part would have unleashed the Gundam's true potential as the Shin Gundam Z. Amuro was just an ungrateful bum who wanted to hog all the glory.
>>
>>13609696
It stands for Jesus.
>>
>>13610289
Doesn't Amuro tinker around with electronics as well? Wouldn't he be able to know if it's a piece of junk or not?

I'm more willing to believe that Amuro would know what he was holding was effectively garbage and was upset that his dad lost his mind than the idea that he was judging it on it's appearance and should have plugged it in and tested it first.
>>
>>13602625
If you go by Gundam Assault Survive, it has a 90% chance of halving all stats, but a 10% chance of doubling them all.
>>
>>13609696
A piece of psycoframe.
>>
File: Turn_A_Gundam.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Turn_A_Gundam.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>13602595
That whole thing about being reverse engineered from the Turn-X? Just a cover story.
>>
>>13605674

Jesus fuckin christ that episode of Space Dandy.
>>
>>13606051

Not >>13606030 but I'm pretty certain it's just junk:
>Tem went crazy
>Lives next to a junk yard
>The protagonist lets the viewers know 'Hey it's just junk!'
>Then he leaves and it's never mentioned again.

If it was meant to be taken as anything else than the show would've conveyed it that way. The DW and SRW uses it as an ironic joke, it's just meme bro.
>>
>>13602595
Movie made that arc more punch to the guts.
or may my father is like that, except he dosen't makes cool robot but does shit like typical drunk peasant do though
>>
>>13611579

>Your mother is ashamed of you simply because you rose to the occasion and helped save a ship full of misfits and refugees at the cost of your own sanity
>You unknowingly spaced your dad and made him an invalid
>he's nicer to you in theory but everything that made him Him is gone
Amuro had a hard life
>>
>>13611608
>tosses out a present from his father without even looking inside

Amuro a shit
>>
>>13610289
Not an electrician here, i can easily recognise old junk that is from a scrap yard
>>
>>13610425
>Wouldn't he be able to know if it's a piece of junk or not?
Watch the scene, anon. He can only see the underside of the box, he can't even see a single wire from where he's sitting when he thinks that. Also electronics are a lot more complex than you think. Given that Tem said he developed this circuit from Zeon wreckage, there's absolutely no way for Amuro to know what it may or may not do without at least looking at a schematic. Even if he could see the inside of the circuit he'd still need to actually look over how the components were connected, you can't just tell that at a glance. If someone hands you a computer housed in an old XT case and tells you it will beat your brand new comp, you might guess that it's a piece of junk from the outer case but you won't actually know unless you look at the motherboard, processor, gfx card, etc housed inside. This goes triple if the person is a computer engineer who has designed top-of-the-line computers, which Tem Ray has done. Amuro judges it solely by the outside of the box, which is pretty stupid.
>>
>>13613965
Dude calm down, it's just junk.
>>
File: 1438330079459.jpg (34 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1438330079459.jpg
34 KB, 512x384
>>13614689
>yfw when it was actually a custom A.I. program designed to boost the Gendum's learning abilities and keep Amuro from getting killed
>>
>>13607865
Someone above mentioned it was/was very similar to a regular Zaku circuit, which could explain the line.
>>
>>13613965
>which is pretty stupid.

Well he is a newtype.
>>
>>13613965
You're reading more into this than what the writers probably did.
>>
>>13605665
Where's that gif of the RX-78 transforming into Ideon? Because this is how you get Ideon.
>>
>>13613965
You desperately want to believe that Tem Ray's circuit was anything other than a piece of junk.

We, the viewers are told that Tem has gotten oxygen deprivation. We see that he lives near a junk yard. When Amuro visits him, we see that the atmosphere is tense, and Amuro seems uncomfortable when Tem goes on and on about the Gundam.

Amuro lives the house, looks at the circuit and tells, us, the viewers, that "this is a piece of junk", and tosses it in frustration, upset that his dad has turned into this.

I think that says e-fucking-nough that it's a piece of shit that he cobbled together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKohdRax5rw
I mean, how much do you have to be told that there's something wrong with this guy and that this thing doesn't fucking work?

If the character's in a scene are telling us something, unless something else shows up and says "hey, Amuro was wrong!", then I think it's safe to say it's a piece of junk
>>
>>13615034
>Amuro lives the house, looks at the circuit and tells, us, the viewers, that "this is
Amuro also tells us that only he is the best at piloting Gundam, that he knows that Guntank is good enough when Bright tells him to launch in Gundam, etc, etc. Amuro is a child who reacts childishly, frequently. I'm fully aware that Tem Ray is damaged. You don't seem to be aware that a teenager looking at a beat up thumbdrive given to him by a crazy person and saying it's worthless does not prove that the program contained on the thumbdrive is no good. Again, there is no possible way for Amuro to know what that circuit even does without at least opening it and looking at the components. Arguing this point only emphasizes that you have no comprehension of how complex electronics really are.

And really this is probably just evidence that Tomino doesn't realize this either, and it was meant to be an accurate judgement. But it is nonetheless plausible that the circuit was actually viable and Amuro just threw a childish tantrum.
>>
>>13615105
>the circuit was actually viable and Amuro just threw a childish tantrum

That makes more sense than the guy who built the Gendum giving him a piece of junk.

Tem was nuts, but not retarded.
>>
>>13613965

Ok seriously you must be trollan, but the point of the scene was that the dude who spearheaded Project V had been reduced to a crazy junk peddler hobo sticking random bullshit together just to get by. There was no underlying circuitry or components. Even his claims of it being salvaged Zeon parts are obviously bogus; Side 6 was pointedly neutral in the OYW and allowed neither side ANY military technology on-colony. It all had to sit in space dock. This doesn't even address the fact that Amuro was already something of an electronics whiz before his involvement with the OYW and Gundam, and spent the duration of said war essentially supplanting his father's role as the chief engineer for the Gundam and was likely intimately familiar with its systems at that point.

tl;dr He didn't have to give it more than a cursory glance to know it was useless. 111/10 not even mad
>>
The Tem Ray circuit was really a Zero System. With it, Amuro could have predicted and prevented the events of Zeta and CCA.
>>
>>13615345
Stop saying Gendum you fucking tard
>>
File: 1432890275093.png (274 KB, 600x436) Image search: [Google]
1432890275093.png
274 KB, 600x436
>>13615362
>a cursory glance reveals all the complex inner workings and software of an electronic device
>being this retarded
>>
File: 1449722348581.png (88 KB, 580x373) Image search: [Google]
1449722348581.png
88 KB, 580x373
>>13615380
You sound TRIGGERED
>>
>>13615381
Pls don't be autistic.

Do you see CS people shitting up the board over how operating systems "work" in SEED?
>>
>>13615429
Yes.
>>
>>13615429
Nobody ever claims that the operating systems in SEED are technically accurate.

On the other hand, people seem to think Amuro "had to read the manual" Ray is some sort of magic technopath.

It's not autism to point out how retarded that is.
>>
File: 56428f27552cd.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
56428f27552cd.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>13605674
>Those circular holes on the side
I see Tem Ray is reusing a Wii for the casing
>>
>>13615395

Holy shit I want this
>>
>>13615835
Nintendo built the Gundam.

Does this make Sony Zeonic?
>>
File: colony drop.jpg (91 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
colony drop.jpg
91 KB, 750x600
>>13624638
No Zeonic is Microsoft.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>13615105
>being this autistic
Attempting to read this post made me feel sincerely disgusted, sick even. Your posts are so autistically cringy that you somehow made everyone else on this weeb image board less autistic. Congrats.
>>
>>13624695
That's just the first step for combining into the ultimate gaming machine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4eEGeqC-8M
>>
>>13610289
>Also, everyone citing video game stats as canon should hit their own dicks with a hammer. Keep that shit in your SRW threads.

Ok good thing nobody did that
>>
>>13624763
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>13602595

Leaving all the autism in this post aside: i am alway unconfortable thinking that Amuro left his father alone knowing of his condition. He could have at least alerted someone of the Feddies diplomatic corps to take care of him.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.