[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Kira did die and Athrun and piloted Strike Freedom instead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Athrun.jpg (25 KB, 485x640) Image search: [Google]
Athrun.jpg
25 KB, 485x640
What if Kira did die and Athrun and piloted Strike Freedom instead?
>>
What if gundam seed never had fukuda and his wife involved?
>>
What if Kira did die and Lacus had to pilot the Strike Freedom instead?
>>
>>13600073
>Kira dies
>Flay ends up on the Eternal
>Lacus and Athrun pilot the Freedom and Justice
>Athrun dies
>Lacus and Flay are now a lesbian duo that pilot pinkified versions of Freedom and Justice
>ZAFT unveils a mobile armor
>it's a dragon

Guys, I think I just wrote Cross Ange or something?
>>
>>13600085
I'd watch it.
>>
>>13599772

Nothing would happen. Athrun would still have a perfectly good IJ to use. Andy would probably pilot SF instead. Or that female leader of the Lacus minions.
>>
>>13599772
Strike Freedom will be shelved because Shinn will defect to Lacus' side bringing Destiny with him.
>>
>>13600113
me to
>>
File: 1425365278635.jpg (57 KB, 452x600) Image search: [Google]
1425365278635.jpg
57 KB, 452x600
>>13599772
What if Kira and Athrun died, and then ZAFT won the war?
>>
>>13600085
>dragon
>lesbians
Are we talking gundam or the terrible first anime adaptation of FSN?
>>
File: Beam spam.png (98 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Beam spam.png
98 KB, 300x225
>>13600247
OP here, maybe I should clarify, What would Athrun piloting the SF look like instead of this?
>>
>>13600784
>Gundam seed destiny with shinn's mentors being Yzac and Dearka
>they're lowkey investigating durandal
>Yzac and Dearka shennanighans
>>
>>13602372
he gets in close and fires at blank range, he would also use the funnels as mini kamikaze funnels when they run out of power, he would probably rip off the railguns and use them as blunt weapons before punching an enemy with it's shield
>>
>>13602487
wut
who has that webm of SF catching Destiny's sword bare handed and making Shinn look like the chump he is?
>>
>>13600784

>ZAFT won the war

Would there even be anything to write after EA is wiped out and Earth becomes a radioactive wasteland?
>>
>>13602409
would watch
>>
>>13602495
Cosmic Era Crossbone.
>>
>>13602487
Durandal isn't necessarily incorrect - Destiny was the strongest suit when it was fielded. Furthermore, how do we define the strongest? Combat role is an important consideration.

The Destiny is perfectly suited for what Durandal intended - killing Destroys.
>>
>>13602402
Fund it.
>>
What if Lacus took the bullet for Meer instead, and Meer had to pretend to be Lacus at least until the war was over to keep morale up?

I mean, she kinda had experience in that field. She'd just need a crash course on [whatever the fuck Lacus did on the bridge of the eternal]. Also, having someone who looked just like his dead girlfriend on the ship would probably lead to some interesting interactions with Kira.
>>
How would you define Athrun as a character?
He just seemed to kind of exist to me.
>>
>>13602663
>What if Lacus took the bullet for Meer instead, and Meer had to pretend to be Lacus at least until the war was over to keep morale up?
The Eternal would get shot down since Meer has no experience as captain, or a SEED mode.
>>
>>13602694
I dunno, it would be more like the Eternal might take one hit somewhere at some point so we could get a shot of Meer's tits bouncing on the bridge.
>>
>>13602694
She wasn't the captain, was she? She just sort of sat there in that star trek chair with no visible controls.
>>
>>13602458
Nope. He's pretty solid. He favors close-range and mid-range weapons; he's not a beam spammer.

>>13602409
I disagree. If anything, Athrun would treat those weapons as an extension of himself. He doesn't do 3-dimensional blasts like Kira does, but he would use the rail guns independently like vulcans instead of zerg-rushing with every weapon.

The funnels would be utilized up-close as cutting blades. He'd keep them circled around him and slice anything that gets in range.
>>
>>13602670
I liked him a lot more than Kira in SEED. He was a worthless turd in Destiny.

Unlike Kira's simplistic "I need to protect my friends", Athrun is a conflicted individual. He doesn't have a pathological vendetta like his father nor does he have this bigotry towards Naturals like most Coordinators do.

If Kira had actually died and Athrun became the main character, it would've made perfect sense.
>>
>>13602770
Kira isn't unconflicted or overly simplistic - he has to defend his friends despite his pacifist ideals, he's defending his friends from his friends, and his enemies in the first half of the show are the only people who would be able to protect his actual interests. While his characterisation was overly bitchy, it needn't had to have been.

That said, I agree that Athrun was the more compelling of the two; if they'd kept moving forward with that angst of "I just murdered my friend for murdering my friend" (and not retconned it into being an accident later), then Athrun's trajectory could have been really interesting. Instead, that bastard Fukuda hit the reset switch and had him hunt Kira a bit before defecting based on pure idealism.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.