[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that amazing ost >that amazing animation >those amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 25
File: n3k.jpg (363 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
n3k.jpg
363 KB, 960x540
>that amazing ost
>that amazing animation
>those amazing ms designs
>that shit story
WHY
H
Y
>>
It worked, didn't it?
>>
>>13577351

Because they wanted the same shit as the previous shows we gotta have Char so lets create NOTCHAR though don't get me wrong the show plenty of more issues.

Seriously though had Paptimus Scirocco been more popular we would also had NotPaptimus and Paptimus Neo-Titans or some shit.
>>
>>13577368
>we would also had NotPaptimus and Paptimus Neo-Titans or some shit.
>>
>>13577351
It's literally no worse than any other post CCA story.
>>
File: banana-kira.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
banana-kira.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
They saw SEED's popularity and decided "let's go with that".
>>
>>13577372
>implying Victory was bad.
>>
>>13577376
I love Victory, don't get me wrong, but the story was balls.
>>
File: fukui1.jpg (34 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
fukui1.jpg
34 KB, 250x300
Because pic related.
>>
It's just pointless really kinda like the side story "The Plot to assassinate Gihren"
>>
http://pastebin.com/eT7jMp7N
>>
>>13577379

He could have at least tried to make the box fit in better with a bit of extra back story such as Intelligence Units during OYW,Gryps etc searched for this box in the shadows of the wars or whatever.

But nah, fuck that here have this box
>>
>>13577368
>Seriously though had Paptimus Scirocco been more popular we would also had NotPaptimus and Paptimus Neo-Titans or some shit.
Watch IBO.
We have got NotPaptimus, NotJerid and TotallyNotTitans.
>>
>>13577372

I'd say it's story is better than Char's Counterattack personally and that it's not even any worse in terms of the newtype nonsense, since while Unicorn has Banagher turned in to a god-machine by Marida's ghost and machines disintegrating due to a sense of ennui and all, Char's Counterattack relies on two cockpits passively picking up the will of every living human across tens of thousands of miles to cause a miracle despite many of those humans not even knowing there's a problem. And that's assuming that all of them bar Char wanted that miracle in the first place. It's a very emotive and iconic ending, but it's absolute balls if you actually try and think about it for a second.
>>
>>13577400
>NotJerid and TotallyNotTitans.
I see that with Gjallahorn but who is notpaptimus?
Char and Garma?
They are clearly bait and switch rivals
>>
>>13577401
You still managed to make Unicorn sound worse in comparison. In CCA what happened was a miracle that accorded because it took the will if everyone involvedthat ultimately cost their lives meanwhile in Unicorn Banagher can pull the same feats with a push if a button with no consequences and turns down being a fucking god.
>>
>>13577401
I didn't think it was really that weird considering Chan's soul was with the T psychoframe. Newtypes are not bound by Time and space so I thought Chan was going around to somehow get people's attention similarly to how Banana learned a huge beam of light was going to vaporize Industrial 7.
>>
>>13577403
The guy from Jupiter with the harem.
>>
>>13577425
How the fuck is he Paptimus?
Just because he fucks a lot of women?
>>
>>13577414

> it took the will of everyone involved

Actually, it took the will of everyone, everywhere. And it cost the lives to two people, mostly because they didn't leave and not because of the miracle itself.

> Banagher can pull the same feats with a push of a button

Not really, no. Banagher needed Marida's ghost to give him power he otherwise wouldn't have had, including absorbing the remaining power of the colony laser to make his unit more powerful than it would normally be. It is not in any way just a button press or recreatable.

> no consequences

Marida had to die to do it, just like Amuro and Char.

You can see it as worse if you want, but I don't think it's really any different.
>>
>>13577401
>but it's absolute balls if you actually try and think about it for a second
Newtype stuff has been like that since Zeta.
>>
>>13577427
Because he is from Jupiter AND he fucks a lot of women?
>>
File: Sweaty newtype.jpg (58 KB, 627x478) Image search: [Google]
Sweaty newtype.jpg
58 KB, 627x478
>>13577437
If that's all it takes then i guess Amuro is a CHAR
>>
>>13577438
Took you long enough to realize it.
>>
>>13577429
>And it cost the lives to two people
Everyone who was pushing the Axis died.
>Banagher needed Marida's ghost
No he didn't, nothing stated that Marida's ghost was needed to power the Unicorn, it was only needed to snap Riddhe out of it to save the ship but all of the Unicorn's feats was due to Banagher's Newtype prowess not Marida's ghost.

>Marida had to die to do it,
She had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>13577440
Does that also make Char an Amuro?
>>
>>13577429
Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck, what accord in CCA was a miracle because it was seen as an act of God that no one humam could accomplish. The soldiers who were pushing the Axis also died either before or after the explosion

Marida had nothing to do with the Unicorn fully resonating with Banagher, all she did was stop Riddhe.
>>
>>13577422

The difference is that Chan is never shown doing anything, nor the magic T. The magic T doesn't do anything like that till after Axis is already leaving the atmosphere.

>>13577430

Pretty much, yea. Which is why I don't have a problem with it.

>>13577444

> Everyone who was pushing the Axis died

Most of them are pushed away by newtype magic. Only one or two explode and they explode before any newtype magic happens, not as part of it.

> nothing stated that Marida's ghost was needed to power Unicorn

On the other hand, Marida's ghost appears literally just as the Unicorn starts to crystallize and prior to that point the colony laser looks to be just about to break through despite both Unicorn machines beam shields. She appears just as it happens, talks about how sadness can be used as a power and then the machine becomes really powerful. It doesn't have to be stated plainly to be pretty obvious she's doing something.
>>
>>13577460
>Most of them are pushed away by newtype magic.
.....you see most of them blowing up when the resonating begins.

>stuff

Yeah you're talking out your ass.
>>
>>13577474

> you see most of them blowing up when the resonating begins

No, you don't. Literally two suits explode, one of which is most likely fatal and the other is definitely not because the suit is visibly fine afterwards as it floats away from Axis. After that all the units start to be pushed away from it and none of them explode.

> Yeah, you're talking out of your ass.

Watch the scene again if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qNmzmThLQ

> colony laser threatening to break through beam shields
> Riddhe takes control of his psycoframe
> colony laser still threatening to break through
> Unicorn starts to crystallize
> Cut to Banagher looking confused in cockpit
> Marida's ghost appears
> She talks about how time is visible from where she is, how Banagher needs to work with Mineva and how even sadness can be used for power
> pull back to external shot as beam fails to penetrate and afterwards Unicorn is really powerful
>>
>>13577351
The story was fine. Fuck you.
>>
>>13577489
>Literally two suits explode
I literally nust rewatched the scene you fucking liar, units started to drop like flies before and after the resonation started. Amuro and Char weren't the only casualties

>stuff
So yeah, talking out your ass, nothing in that scene implies that Marida did anything other than snapping Riddhe out of it, everything was Banagher pushing a button and it sure as fuck doesn't help your case that the Unicorn was already activated before she died, in episode 3 Doguza had to die in order to get Banagher to resonate, he was already resonated in the last episode.
>>
>>13577489
All that proves is that most of what you wrote here>>13577460 was bullshit. Marida did nothing but help Riddhe and nowhere us in shown in other material that those feats were accomplished with her ghost.
>>
>>13577376
I can't believe /m/ loves Victory now.
>>
>>13577509
>now
Found the new newfag
>>
>>13577351
>>that amazing animation
>>those amazing ms designs
>>
>>13577589
I do think they are great but after Unicorn I somewhat fed up with his designs.
>>
>>13577589
It's true tho
>>
Actually it was a pretty good tale about how people need to move on from their deep seated butthurt over the past and keep focused on a future that they can and should bring together with others.
>>
>>13577351
Because Japan.
Because manchildren in charge.
Because it matches the immature target audience's expectations.
>>
>>13577387
That one was painful and tedious to watch.
>>
File: 0083-splash.jpg (76 KB, 571x255) Image search: [Google]
0083-splash.jpg
76 KB, 571x255
>>13577351
Not the first time it happened in Gundam
>>
File: Char's Explosive Finale.jpg (176 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Char's Explosive Finale.jpg
176 KB, 1366x768
>>13577497

> I literally nust rewatched the scene you fucking liar

Then you're lying, because I've re-watched it too and that's exactly what happens. In fact, this is the one lethal explosion that takes place during the whole thing.
>>
File: Lots of exploded suits.jpg (202 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Lots of exploded suits.jpg
202 KB, 1366x768
>>13578035

And afterwards you get several shots of suits in controlled flight away from Axis.
>>
File: Groovin newtype magic.jpg (165 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Groovin newtype magic.jpg
165 KB, 1366x768
>>13578038

Not one of which includes any explosions.
>>
File: Killer newtype magic.jpg (175 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Killer newtype magic.jpg
175 KB, 1366x768
>>13578042

Just people being pushed or flying away from it. I might have missed something though, I don't discount that possibility. So if there are other explosions (besides the one I posted and the non-lethal one that directly follows it) then post some pics of them.
>>
>>13577956
At least 0083 didn't try to drown you under expostion dumps.
>>
>>13577387
>all this crap
It's getting pretty clear that all those guys only enjoy masturbating to empty concepts with the delusion that what they're doing is "deep".
>>
>>13577351
The whole premise is not only flawed but also does injustice to the established fluff over the span of more than 30 years.

Seriously, you want us to digest that there was a debris of what happened to be space colony/office of 1st PM of EF who died in a planned terrorist attack on the very day UC calendar begins?
And 96 years that thing becomes relevant now?
And don't let me laugh on the premble of a constitution that have went to so many ammenmends in those years where a lot of things (OYW, Gryps, CCA) happened ?

Now I am supposed to believe that a illuminati-eque foundation was behind the shadows all along for all these years ?

None of this makes sense.

Finally the attrocity that is ep7.All the bullshit powers Banagher got makes me wonder why people complain about Kira these days when Banagher outdid him. I can't see him as a gundam pilot just because it was Aupilot most of the time and works on his whims. Infact it was a key than mobile suit. I will never consider him a skilled pilot like his predecessor.

But seriously, why I am ranting in 1st place?
IT all about the money anyway.

No wonder newfags who just jump into Unicorn without any knowledge of who Amuro and Char were and what ZZ and CCA is will never be understand the things wrong with the plot.

No wonder they are loudest when it comes to claims that there is no need to know the previous entries since the plot went over their head, and they never realized it.
>>
>>13577444
She literally died to make Riddhe snap out of his useless beta manpain and Banagher activate the Biosensor oh wait I mean NT-D

Still bitter the OVA cut her and the Kshawty's sick duel with the Sinanju
>>
>>13578512
>and Banagher activate the Biosensor oh wait I mean NT-D
>NT-D is already activated before she dies

What? And NT-D doesn't work that way
>>
>>13577351
>Shit story
Even so..
>>
>>13577351

because that's all the UC OVAs.

well besides the OST thing when it comes to war in the pocket.
>>
>>13577446
In Origin, yes.
>>
File: 1436375380887.jpg (85 KB, 428x665) Image search: [Google]
1436375380887.jpg
85 KB, 428x665
>>13577387
>Tomino is going around yelling "die!" at animators in the middle of the night when he doesn't think they're doing a good enough job
>Fukui: Tomino kicked him after he read the Turn A novelisation (that Fukui wrote). It was apparently a real, proper kick.
kek
>>
File: le incase face.png (91 KB, 231x249) Image search: [Google]
le incase face.png
91 KB, 231x249
>>13577351
I liked the story just fine save for episode 4.

Fite me.

The actual dialogue was shit, tho
>>
>>13577414
>Banagher can pull the same feats with a push if a button with no consequences
He doesn't really pull the same feat. He and riddhe stop a colony laser with two psychoframe exponentially more powerful than the ones used in CCA, but they could never replicate the actual Axis push by themselves..

>and turns down being a fucking god.
And that's kind of what I liked about it. For all the talking up everyone did about newtypes in Unicorn, Banagher, an actual fucking newtype, rejected what is essentially the perfect form that surpasses even Deikun's vision because he figures it's a load of bullshit that humanity doesn't need. He doesn't need it, he just wants to be with his waifu.

I think a lot of Unicorn's critics tends to get the wrong idea; Unicorn wasn't about a space ubermench trumping the human condition and ascending to a new plane of evolution, Unicorn was all about how people are too caught up in their worship of ideologies, institutions, political beliefs, or sometimes even gods, to care about their fellow man. Banagher may have been handled like a blank slate for the viewer's position on the Earthnoid vs Spacenoid issue, but he's also a great embodiment of the kind of empathy people are capable of, and I don't mean newtype UNDERSTANDING bullshit, I mean genuine human empathy towards the struggles faced by their fellow man, and the love people are capable of towards those close to them. Sure Gundam puts forth the idea that understanding can put and end to conflict, but while some characters within the show seem to believe so, it has NEVER, EVER pushed newtypes as the solution to human conflict, and the ideas behind "understanding" as Gundam puts it lie in empathetic bonds between people, not pseudo-telepathy or magic. In fact, the telepathic capabilities Newtypes are capable of seem to bring them far more pain and discomfort than peace.

In that sense. Unicorn fits in fine with Gundam's core themes of "understanding" as everyone keeps bitching about.
>>
>>13577351
Nothing wrong with the story though
>>
>>13577817
He gets it
>>
The thing that really pisses me off about Unicorn is how much it jerks off early UC only to take a massive shit on it. It spends such a long time saying 'hey guys look at all these CCA references!' while the very existence of Unicorn invalidates the entire fucking movie. Hell, they introduced a literal Charclone just (probably because they figured they wouldn't get away with bringing back the actual Char, but that's speculation). Not only that, but they introduce a vast conspiracy theory, undermining the rest of UC, just so they can say 'zeon dindu nuffin char was a good boy feddies r evil xD'. Basically, what should have been a 'celebration of UC' became a 'big shitting-on of UC'.

And that's not even mentioning the circlejerking of how good Banana is and how epik the unicorn is and how perfect Mineva and how Char was right and Full Frontal is a faggot because he wants to use economics instead of genocide like his predecessor.
>>
>>13580902
I can't believe they made Unicorn with the belief that the show was for people who grew up with the UC shows.
>>
>>13577351

Unicorn is for people who liked (not tolerated, LIKED) SEED but still want full U.C. elitist cred.
>>
>>13580879
>He doesn't really pull the same feat
Actually he does. The point is that he does this feats with no consequences given, he literally gets everything he wants without trying at all which is different from other UC protags who had to sacrifice their own likeness when they decide to be Gundam pilots, its heavily idealized and something Tomino would never write. Gundam Unicorn is essentially a UC series with an AU audience in mind.

>And that's kind of what I liked about it.
And that's largely the fucking problem, the Unicorn is this giant omniscient machine that can do all this amazing feats with no effort while the RX78-2, Zeta Gundam, Double Zeta and Nu Gundam were just machines who's amazing feats were by in large due to the pilots that operated them, the Zeta Gundam did not offer Kamille godhood when he activated Biosensor he got his brainfried as a result. The problem with it is that its far too idealized to have any sort of impact and comes off as silly even by Gundam standards.

>stuff

All completely wrong, I'm starting to think people who like Unicorn don't really like Gundam or gravely missed the point of what UC is all about and just stayed for the PWETTY GRAPHIX instead, it would explained why their reason for defending are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>13577817
>>13580895
Wrong on all accounts dumbfuck
>>
>>13580932
>I'm starting to think people who like Unicorn don't really like Gundam
Everytime you hear someone say how much they love Unicorn they talk about it as the best Gundam show. Those people hate Gundam.
>>
Full Frontal has to be the most boring Char clone ever. He doesn't fucking do anything, just occasionally joins in fights (which he is mary sue levels of good at).

He didn't have much clever shit going on behind the scenes or an interesting past, he was just doing a zeon

>>13580902
The conspiracy was dumb and added so little. They could have done a very similar thing without having such a stupid aspect to it. The secret line could do with rewriting though, it was way too on the noes and specific
>>
>>13581059
Which is ironic since it falls heavily into Gundam tropes after the third episode.
>>
>>13580902
>invalidates the entire fucking movie
No it doesn't
>>
>>13577351
The plot was a little ridiculous, but I fail to see the problem with it.
Banagher is an obvious self-insert character who is positioned in such a way that the viewer can see human empathy and decency at work. He's not a newtype wizard, exactly, given that without the Unicorn he'd probably just be a standard newtype, but the thing is made of fucking psychoframe, previously established to magnify newtype powers. And it took fucking two of them to stop a colony lazer.
I don't get why people hate on Full Frontal.
>>
>>13581067
Those people consider 08th MS Team and 0083 among the best Gundam.
>>
>>13581070
>Banagher is an obvious self-insert character who is positioned in such a way that the viewer can see an incarnation of raw moralfaggotry at work

FTFY
>>
File: have I gone to hell.jpg (26 KB, 599x561) Image search: [Google]
have I gone to hell.jpg
26 KB, 599x561
>>13581021
>PWETTY GRAPHIX
Oh, you're THAT faggot.

Get out. Nobody wants you here you fat, worthless, flexible-gendered brony fuck
>>
>>13581079
>raw moralfaggotry
As opposed to the brutal disregard for human life shown throughout the entire Earth Sphere?

Just admit it; you want edgy.
>>
>>13581021

> he literally gets everything he wants without trying at all which is different from other UC protags who had to sacrifice their own likeness when they decide to be Gundam pilots, its heavily idealized and something Tomino would never write.

Loran and Bellri would beg to differ. Tomino himself also thinks it's fine and had no problem with it despite your opinion on how it 'shits on early UC'.
>>
>>13581021
>which is different from other UC protags who had to sacrifice their own likeness when they decide to be Gundam pilots
And what the fuck do you think happened to Banagher?

The second he got into the Gundam, he sealed his fate as the village bicycle for the entire Earth Sphere in a conflict where everyone's an asshole for various reasons. People like Amuro? Kamille? Judau? They all had clear cut enemies and allegiances. Banagher, on the other hand taken the lives of people that he felt close to by simple virtue of giving in to the power the Unicorn enabled him. When the conflict was over, he didn't get off consequence-free; he's now a fugitive from the Federation Government and persona non-nookie for Zeon and their sympathizers. He literally has nothing to go back to but Magalannica, which will likely be assaulted in the near future, if not become the wild card of a new political conflict between Earthnoids and Spacenoids.

He didn't get off scot-free; he was given the opportunity to get off scot-free and passed on it because if he had, he wouldn't be able to be with Mineva. He sacrificed everything he had, every foreseeable chance for a future, the second he got into the RX-0. Even Kamille got some semblence of a happy ending. There's nothing left for Banagher but exile/possible death with Mineva and the Nahel Argama/Garencieres crew.

>the Zeta Gundam did not offer Kamille godhood when he activated Biosensor he got his brainfried as a result
Scirocco did that, not the Zeta.

>I'm starting to think people who like Unicorn don't really like Gundam or gravely missed the point of what UC is all about
Stop pretending you know what UC Gundam is all about. You've demonstrated that you're knowledge of it is basic at best. You probably learned the majority of it from Gundam Musou and the wiki.
>>
>>13581021
>Gundam Unicorn is essentially a UC series with an AU audience in mind.

see >>13581091
Gundam Unicorn's approach to conflict is, if anything, a darker style along the lines of Turn A without the Tominoisms.
>>
>>13581091
>Tomino himself also thinks it's fine and had no problem with it despite your opinion on how it 'shits on early UC'.
Cool lie bro
>>
>>13581098
>And what the fuck do you think happened to Banagher?
Nothing? Literally fucking nothing. He gets what he wants in the end and lives happily ever after with no hardships given.
>>
>>13581091
>Loran and Bellri would beg to differ.
Loran never used the Turn A's power to its full potential and did well to abandon it once its served its purpose same with Bellri, they were both restraint with the power that was given to them and it makes sense that by the end of both shows that their respective mechs are destroyed or sealed

>Tomino himself also thinks it's fine and had no problem with it despite your opinion on how it 'shits on early UC'.

Tomino also said that he doesn't consider any Gundam work that's not by him canon so there's that.

>>13581098
>And what the fuck do you think happened to Banagher?
Uh....nothing?

>stuff

Yeah all you're doing is just talking out your fucking ass, the guy lost nothing because he was giving a super fighting robot by his dad to have, the Unicorn isn't even destroyed in the end. Throughout Unicorn the only people who died were ones he barely even knew and you're going sit up here and tell me it amounts to anything? Fuck off

>Scirocco did that, not the Zeta.
Wrong again dumbfuck

>NO U

Great argument.

>>13581102
It's not. While Turn A's message is that we must not make the same mistakes of the past Unicorn is too self referential and naive since we ultimately see that the resolution does not amount to anything given what transpires after UC.
>>
>>13581133
Not him, but did you even watch Zeta? Or are you just caught up in your own self-righteousness?
>>
>>13581149
>Not him
Not fooling anyone
>>
>>13581133
The Scirocco did do that though, the Zeta didn't brainfry Kamille at all.
>>
>>13581160
Why would anyone feel the need to pretend to be someone else to tell you you're wrong about Zeta. You're a dumbass. You're one real ikenai ikite ningen. Koko kara inaku nare.
>>
>>13581025
>NO U
>>
>>13581133

> Wrong again dumbfuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxnox5pC6U

You're wrong anon, just let it go. It doesn't even have to effect the rest of your arguments to admit you're wrong on this one thing.
>>
>>13577489
This guy is on to something. I kinda noticed it too, I guess they didn't really say it out loud but I think it's pretty fucking obvious that Mari's ghost had something to do with the bullshit powerup Unicorn had.

The last time Banana saw ghosts at the end of episode 5 he managed to pull another stunt.
>>
>>13581089
>Just admit it; you want edgy
Pretty please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtTq5KKSTBY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwR_Vu6FSYY
>>
>>13577387

>On Tomino
>Ogata: Moved when Tomino saw Marnie and said "Those two at Ghibli make stuff about the past. I make stuff about the future."

kek, even Tomino thinks Ghibli just means Takahata and (Hayao) Miyazaki. Too bad he isn't half as good as they are.
>>
>>13581242
>>13581169
>Reaction of the bio sensor literally fries Kamille's brain

You're done here.
>>
>>13581303
Here's your reply
>>
>>13581304

> Reaction of the biosensor.

Yea, not really. Scirocco literally says he's going to take Kamille's soul with him, then reaches forward and as he does the biosensor's light reaches forward with him and a few seconds later Kamille talks about the light. Scirocco caused it, not the biosensor inherently.
>>
>>13581121

Tomino saw the first episode and (parts of) the last episode. Said he liked it. Doesn't mean much at all.

>>13581308

Sad how you think that's a controversial opinion.
>>
>>13581121
>>13581133

http://www.gundam.info/topic/14188

Tomino says here he watched the first and final episode of Unicorn and thought they were well made. He's not required to watch any Gundam shows and is almost certainly contractually or just professionally bound to not say anything negative about them (Imagawa says the second is true of him in an English interview on Youtube at least) so that if he gives even a vaguely complimentary statement it's probably because he on some level liked it, not because he has any obligation to.

> Tomino also said that he doesn't consider any Gundam work that's not by him canon so there's that

Well for a start this isn't actually a discussion on canon. For a second thing he's not the sole or even real arbiter of canon in the franchise and finally: source? I can't find anything about it after a quick Google search at least.
>>
>>13581069
Did you watch either?
Originally, Char's Counterattack ended Deikunism, Zeon, and of course Char himself. Mankind offered up their answer to Zeon's ideals, and it was a big 'no' that manifested itself in the form of a miracle in the sky. Tomino went to great lengths to show that even Char's own frontline troops supported this.

However, with Unicorn, NOTHING FROM CHAR'S REBELLION MATTERS IN THE SLIGHTEST. The literal son of Zeon, the purest embodiment of Zeonic ideals, being rejected by all of mankind? Nah, apparently Zeon is still the hottest shit and everyone who's not a feddie fag supports them. Sieg Zeon. Hell, even fucking Char is still kicking in the form of Full Frontal; they actually had the audacity to literally clone one of the most iconic characters in the franchise, if not in all of anime, who had one of the most iconic deaths in the franchise, if not (again) in all of anime. Char's Rebellion may as well have never happened, given the effect (or lack thereof) it apparently had on the Earth Sphere.

Char, who should by all rights be as reviled as figures like Stalin, Hitler, or Mao, apparently did nothing wrong. Mineva, our Mary Sue peace princess, descends upon us to remind us just how much of a cool guy Char was and that he actually did nothing wrong. Moreover, the Sleeves follow his literal clone (wait, wasn't the original rebelled against in an obviously symbolic scene? Oops, let's pretend that never happened) zealously and passionately until he reveals HE'S NOT LIKE CHAR. And that's when Mineva comes to call him a massive fucking faggot. Char, who was planning an atrocity the scale of which has never been seen in history, was actually cool because he was passionate about change (let's ignore the fact that he was a manipulative, petty, lying manchild) unlike Full Frontal. Remember, Full Frontal is evil because he doesn't want to drop fucking asteroids! Full Frontal is evil purely because he wants to use economics!
>>
File: 1448454990701.gif (817 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1448454990701.gif
817 KB, 500x281
>>13581344
>Watched less than half of the show
>it means he liked it
>>
>>13581344
>said it was "well-made"
>nothing about the story, writing and characters
Okay

>Well for a start this isn't actually a discussion on canon.
The fact that he doesn't acknowledge its existence in canon means that he doesn't think much of it.
>>
>>13581348
>NOTHING FROM CHAR'S REBELLION MATTERS IN THE SLIGHTEST
The entire OVA is about shitting on him and his ideals. The bar scene in episode 4 establishes it and one of Banagher's friends references it.
>>
>>13581067
That's not a good thing. Unicorn is all dumbest shit from the UC OVAs, mixed with all the dumbshit from the mainline series turned up to 11
>>
>>13581348
I don't think Mineva was saying that Char was a cool guy, but that he was a maniac who tried to create positive change by committing insane atrocities, as opposed to Full Frontal who's just a faggot with a boring economic(-with-a-dash-of-grorious-nippon) plan.

I thought she was saying that Full Frontal, unlike Char, was a shitty villain for a robot cartoon
>>
>>13581133
>Tomino also said that he doesn't consider any Gundam work that's not by him canon so there's that.
>source: my ass
>>
>>13581350
Tomino also read the novels while Fukui was writing them, don't forget.
>>
>>13581961
>boring
>economic plottery

behead those who insult grain warfare

Also she was criticizing FF for doing the same boneheaded thing Char did, which is to just fuck one side over for the benefit of the other and that ultimately is the same mistake that has plagued the Universal Century for years.

See, the whole thing is one big roast of the Universal Century, celebrating its traditions while also calling the whole vicious cycle out for the bullshit that it is.

That said, it honestly could've used more newtype bullshit.
>>
>>13581348
>Originally, Char's Counterattack ended Deikunism, Zeon,
Lol no it didn't. Neo Zeon's still perfectly active and functional at the end of CCA, and the Sleeves at large are comprised of far more than just what was left at the end of Char's rebellion; they merely lost Char and about 2/3rds of their forces during that conflict. In fact, Frontal makes a point of subtley using operation billiard to cull the Zabi loyalists from his ranks in the novel.

You guys just like to make the claim that CCA was the end of Zets purely because you dislike Unicorn, which is honestly a lame approach to the subject matter.
>>
>>13581348
>descends upon us to remind us just how much of a cool guy Char was and that he actually did nothing wrong.
She literally calls him a "passionate madman."
>>
>>13581348
Holy shit, how can one man have such a skewed and plain fucking wrong understanding of a simple 2 hour movie?

>Originally, Char's Counterattack ended Deikunism, Zeon, and of course Char himself
What the fuck? No it didn't. The movie just fucking ended, and that was that. If anything, that's just you reading into it and coming up with fucking shit headcanon and complaining when it's contradicted by something. There was literally nothing that even implied that it was the "end" of Zeonic idealism.

And Char's death in CCA was not iconic in the slightest. He just dies (off-screen) along with Amuro, and Nanai just squeals a bit. Then the movie ends. So. Fucking. Iconic.

>Char is still kicking in the form of Full Frontal
Everyone who knew Char called Full Frontal out on his shit and plainly said "Nothing you say embodies the real Char."

>who had one of the most iconic deaths in the franchise, if not (again) in all of anime.
Watch the scene again, and tell me if it was iconic. It never even happens on screen. He just dies along with Amuro, and Nanai just squeals a bit. Nothing else. Then the movie ends. Iconic. The Axis Shock itself is iconic in the franchise, but that's it.

>Char, who should by all rights be as reviled as figures like Stalin, Hitler, or Mao, apparently did nothing wrong
Are you kidding me? The same Char who was celebrated on Sweetwater, and the same Char who fought for Spacenoid rights, should be reviled? Sweet Christ. Sure, people living on Earth would dislike him, but the Spacenoids far outnumber Earthnoids and he IS considered to have done nothing wrong, if you look at all the atrocities committed against Spacenoids by Earthnoids. Char is a hero for the Spacenoids, which is why so many followed Full Frontal, who was the Second Coming of Char.

>Remember, Full Frontal is evil because he doesn't want to drop fucking asteroids! Full Frontal is evil purely because he wants to use economics!
I'm not even going to bother.
>>
File: Char.jpg (3 MB, 2304x1500) Image search: [Google]
Char.jpg
3 MB, 2304x1500
>>13582335
>Sure, people living on Earth would dislike him, but the Spacenoids far outnumber Earthnoids and he IS considered to have done nothing wrong,
This. The idea that Spacenoids universally hate Zeon as a whole seems to be an invention of /m/ and random faggots with dumb headcanons. Spacenoids and Earthnoids alike hate the Zabi family and their supporters for the devastation they caused, but even in Tomino's works, Char is widely considered a hero among spacenoids, and his father's teachings were popular among the colonies. Think about it; orphaned by the Zabi family's political maneuverings, came back to kill them from within their own ranks, and eventually went on to fight the horrifically oppressive Titans as one of the most prominent of the AEUG's pilots. It's the perfect hero's tale for colonies disgruntled with the Federation's bureaucracy and political hold over them. Char's so revered in the colonies that the Federation is literally immobilized throughout the majority of CCA because they fear they might incite a colonial revolt.
>>
>>13577351
I seem to remain the only one on this board who loves Unicorn, it is my favorite Gundam series.
>>
>>13577370
Oh wow, I never thought of Ribbons like that before and it actually makes a lot of sense
>>
>>13582699

Jupiter would gas him
>>
File: kamillecharrickmorty.png (24 KB, 682x614) Image search: [Google]
kamillecharrickmorty.png
24 KB, 682x614
>>13581133
>>13581021
Guys, stop replying to this guy. Not only is he an old, viciously reviled personality on /m/, I know him personally IRL. Trust me, he is a colossal faggot and his input on this discussion is not worth a damn. Not only is he the reason I hide my powerlevel these days, his understanding of Gundam mythos is hilariously off-key (I'm talking, like, "Jenova was controlling Sephiroth all along!" levels of wrong and retarded.)

Let him live in his own little world. There's no arguing with him anyway; he's too convinced in his stances on his version of "Gundam canon." He's far, far worse than Black Knight could ever hope to be.
>>
>>13582725
Jupiter would gas everyone that isn't them. Those guys are fucking nuts.
>>
File: Unicorn.jpg (566 KB, 1193x2205) Image search: [Google]
Unicorn.jpg
566 KB, 1193x2205
>>13582709
Not really. Most people are okay with it, but acknowledge it's flaws. It's the vocal minority that absolutely reviles it that keep making threads about it and go back and forth talking about how bad it is.
>>
>>13582812
Nice revisionist history
>>
File: 12398000.png (275 KB, 782x534) Image search: [Google]
12398000.png
275 KB, 782x534
>>13582791
Jupiters the best
>>
>>13582335
>"Nothing you say embodies the real Char."
Mineva said that, but then the ending of Unicorn 7 clearly showed that Full Frontal *did* embody Char in a very literal sense. He'd earlier said that he did not know whose ideas had filled his head, and later was shown to be actually possessed by actual Char. Whether Mineva thought he was "the Char I knew" does not mean he wasn't Char, it means he's not acting like the person she thought he was (BIG fucking surprise there, Char/Quattro/Edward/Casval not really being who you thought he was).
>>
>>13582709
I loved it. It's not quite my favorite (I have such a hard time picking just one) but I did really like it a lot, far more than CCA or Turn A.
Not that I hated those two, just that I thought Unicorn was really good and beautifully animated.

That fucking tapestry still bugs me, though. They talk about the White Unicorn and the Black Lion, but it's clearly a white lion in the picture, and the other MS is a black Unicorn, so WTF?
>>
>>13582699
>Char's so revered in the colonies that the Federation is literally immobilized throughout the majority of CCA because they fear they might incite a colonial revolt.
That when he was the man who was instrumental in bringing down the Zabis and Titans, and before he attempted to cause a mass extinction level event that was stopped by the power of human magic.
>>
>>13583018
You're assuming Spacenoids give a flying fuck about what happens to the 2 billion or so on Earth.
>>
>>13583565
I'm sure they have family on earth.
>>
>>13583623
Ah, baseless assumptions with no supporting evidence or even logical sense... truly the essence of /m/.
>>
>>13577372
F91 was a better movie than CCA. And Victory is worth to watch too.
>>
>>13583565
To be fair, in real life not caring about shit that happens to people you don't know in a place far away you have nothing to do with is kind of the norm. Human psychology and shit. One dead relative is tragic, a milion dead strangers in Foreignstan is a statistic, etc etc.
>>
>>13582826
Nah, /m/ is literally the only place where I see the "unicorn is shit" opinion crop up, and the people that have it always seem to have the same exact word-by-word reasoning for doing so, to the point where it's more of a meme than an opinion formed independently (which can be said for a lot of the "common" opinions on this board.)

Everyone else seems to like it or at least are okay with it.
>>
>>13584193
>Everyone else seems to like it or at least are okay with it.
>popular=good
Everyone else seems to like Gundam SEED, guess that means people in /m/ just dislike SEED for the sake of a meme!
>>
File: Full armor unicorn.jpg (3 MB, 3749x3297) Image search: [Google]
Full armor unicorn.jpg
3 MB, 3749x3297
>>13584223
>Everyone else seems to like Gundam SEED
Maybe in Japan among casuals. Elsewhere, SEED's pretty much universally held in various forms of contempt. Literally anyone that like SEED is someone that hasn't seen anything else or vaguely remembers wing.

Try harder faggot. Unicorn's a popular series everywhere but /m/, and trust me, it's not because you guys have "taste." /m/ is just like any other chan board in that it has a small internal hivemind within it that recycles the opinions of other users either for shitposting purposes or because they are literally not intelligent enough to foster their own opinions on anything.
>>
File: AlbertoVist_870.jpg (17 KB, 312x380) Image search: [Google]
AlbertoVist_870.jpg
17 KB, 312x380
Did Alberto bang Marida?
>>
File: tumblr_myp4iiM4Dj1r25wxeo2_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myp4iiM4Dj1r25wxeo2_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x479
>>13584387

I love SEED, it's probably in my top 5 gundam series, and I've almost seen all of them.

Deal with it, faggot.
>>
>>13584467
Probably not. He doesn't seem like he has the confidence to.
>>
>>13584477
You want a cookie or something?
>>
>>13584477
What are the other 4?
>>
>>13584467
He wouldn't have the nerve to order her to do anything indecent.
He probably had his Aunt order her to.

All he could do on his own is make macaroni and cheese for her.
>>
>>13577589
having so much shit taste.. really? it is good anon, stop being so weird.
>>
>>13584542
His aunt did order him at one point to rape her though. It's just that he either too pussy, or that he loved her too much to actually do it.

If I recall correctly he was however, forced to watch her get gang raped in the novels.
>>
>>13577387
>-While 40,000 people died at Dakar in the novels, in the OVA most of the damage done was to buildings because it was a holiday. People living at Torrington were affiliated with the army (soldiers and their family) so there was no declaration of war after that either. Frontal had no intention of starting a war, the attacks were mostly to let the Zeon remnants let off some steam.

Fukui and the Unicorn OVA director are absolute retards
>>
> Raideen is mentioned as the grandfather of "god" robots like Ideon and Evangelion, things that don't necessarily listen to their pilots. Fukui says that a certain recent Gundam became a god too and implies that it was terrible.

Why is he complaining about something he did?
>>
>>13584193
The only places i see people talking well about Unicorn are places where people who havent seen much Gundam discuss it
>>
>>13584541
1. Wing, its just the classic and the best
2. 08th ms team its the most realistic gundam so theres no way to hate it
3. Gundam AGE since its such a fresh take on this stale boring franchise
4. build fighters try because its just plain awesome cutting the bullshit boring space politics of gundam and cutting to the awesom fights
>>
>>13584624

Because: http://pastebin.com/eT7jMp7N

> Fukui has less creative control than you might think, because Sunrise has to approve of stuff

Fukui is a work for hire writer and Sunrise hired him to write something they planned to turn in to a big OVA from the get-go. He was almost certainly handed a list of factions to include story beats to hit and mobile suits to use and even if he wasn't, every story he handed in would have been gone over by a committee and a list of changes they wanted given to him before they'd approve it.

Keep in mind that he thought Banagher and Full Frontal actually travelling through time was retarded, that he didn't want Banagher taking Revil's fleet out of the equation and didn't include it in the script and so on. A lot of the stuff people complain about isn't actually stuff he wanted either, he was just over-ridden or had to compromise to get it toned down from what Kazuhiro or Sunrise wanted.
>>
>>13584387
>Try harder faggot. Unicorn's a popular series everywhere but /m/

2ch shits constantly on Unicorn fuck are you on about?

Common opinion over there is they should have continued the F91 saga instead of this shit.
>>
>>13584827
>ommon opinion over there is they should have continued the F91 saga instead of this shit.

i think i found my own kind of people
>>
>>13584827

> they should have continued the F91 saga instead of this shit
> they should have continued a movie that Tomino forgot about 15 prior and that no-one at Banrise cares about anymore

So they're just as delusion as people here then? That's comforting I suppose.
>>
>>13584836

F91 at least had potential, Unicorn was just another case of same old shit on top of that it ends in such a woah it's fucking nothing manner.
>>
>>13584864

Everything has potential anon. Saying something has it is an empty statement. Even under Tomino F91 was already retreading familiar ground though since it was basically just 0079 in some new clothes. If he wasn't involved it'd almost certainly be shit and you'd end up with Fukui and Kazuhiro desecrating F91 instead of Char's Counterattack.
>>
>>13584874
>Everything has potential!
When people say, "I think this has a lot of potential," what they mean is that they think it has the capacity to be something that's exceedingly good based on what already exists and its ability to be expanded upon.

Everything does 'not' have potential. Potential is limited by the framework. If your framework is shit, then good luck turning it into something that isn't. Just as well, the potential of something is increasingly limited as it is expanded upon.

Saying everything has potential is an empty and ridiculous statement that ignores reality.
>>
>>13584615
The next one is even funnier:
>When Frontal says that he doesn't want to fight, he really means it, and the Neo Zeong is proof of that.
>>
>>13584193
It is actually more liked than disliked here. Like almost every Gundam series.
>>
>>13584891

> potential is limited by framework

Well yea - the more you expand something and actually put detail to it, the less potential it has. Any simple summary idea has a lot of potential though, because any idea can be good if handled by talented people.

> If your framework is shit, then good luck turning it into something that isn't

Name one basic idea for a story that you think can't be good if handled by talented people. Doesn't have to Gundam, doesn't even have to be mecha related. Anything at all you want to think of. Even a guy alone in an empty room can lead to a good story if the writer takes time to explore why he's in that room or what his character is.

> When people say, "I think this has a lot of potential," what they mean is that they think it has the capacity to be something that's exceedingly good based on what already exists and its ability to be expanded upon.

I honestly don't think F91 has that much potential, even disregarding the film and boiling the story don't to it's most basic elements, because all F91 is, as far as I can see at least, is 0079 Redux. Instead of Amuro we get Seabook, instead of Tem we get Monica, instead of Char we get Iron Mask, instead of Sayla we get Cecily, instead of the White Base we get the Space Ark and so on. Even the basic story is the same. A bunch of aristocrats take over a colony, declare themselves the future of spacenoids and decide to attack the Earth Federation in order to take over the Earthsphere. It's just Zeon in a new set of clothes.

I don't doubt that it would have been decent - I just don't mourn it's loss, since it was unlikely to do anything revolutionary going by what we saw.
>>
>>13586247

And while Unicorn might not have been a groundbreaking story even from the get go I think it at least had more potential since it's story at it's most basic is: the end of Zeon. And while people might shit on the OVA for that since they'll say that Char's Counterattack already did that, I'm of the opinion that Char's Counterattack did a piss poor job of it and while I'm not hankering for more Zeon, I'll take it over 0079 in a new coat of paint.

Char's Counterattack featured the death of Char, but never really gave any kind of end to Zeon itself since most Zeon people would have no idea what happened, wouldn't have seen how pathetic Char was, wouldn't have witnessed those Zeon soldiers trying to help push back Axis (which made little sense as is given how fast and complete their change of mind was) and the movie never made any kind of effort to refute the ideals or goals of Zeon, only Char.

Unicorn didn't do that great a job of it, but it made the effort and I can appreciate that and enjoy what was there.
>>
File: 14567729126.jpg (31 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
14567729126.jpg
31 KB, 720x544
>>13583903
>F91 was a better movie than CCA
>>
>>13583903
>F91 was a better movie than CCA
Put a bucket on your head and don't remove it for the rest of your life.
>>
File: amuro.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
amuro.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>13584579
How many cocks /m/?
>>
>>13586780

>>
>>13586780
>>13586810
Where'd that copypasta go? Don't tell me it died along with the fucking archives?
>>
>>13588649
Got you covered fa/m/ily:

How many dicks do you think have been inside Marida?

Lets assume she was found three days after the battle (which took place on January 17, 0089), so January 20, and was put to work that day she was found. So we'll take 19 days out of the first year.

The average hooker can turn 4 to 8 Johns an evening, usually between 30 minutes to an hour. But Marida was younger at the time and implied by the woman who eventually owned her meant that there would be less customers than usual. Lets go with 3 then, just below the lowest daily average (We'll assume that there were repeat customers, but we'll count them as separate dicks since we can't determine exactly when or how often recurring customers happened). We also don't know how many of those had multiple men involved, either.

There was also the surgery to remove her reproductive organs along with the many abortions she received. We'll take off 3 months for the operation & recovery and another month for the combined abortions.

She was working for about 5 or 6 years before being found by Zimmerman, so there's at least 1 leap year.

Surgery + abortions + first 19 days of January she wasn't working = 139 days she wasn't servicing dicks.

So that's 678 dicks.

Then for the remaining 5 years, 1095 dicks each year, so 5475 dicks + 1 leap year for 3 more dicks.

Marida has had around 5475 dicks inside her, give or take a few hundred dicks. There might be thousands more if as she got older she became more desirable as her body became more mature. If that is the case and her last two & a half years she became an average hooker, then she would have had closer to 8890 dicks.

Other factors that are unaccounted for are travel and workplace related renovations, which could take off several dozen or hundreds of dicks.
>>
File: 1347038754704.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1347038754704.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>13584579
>If I recall correctly he was however, forced to watch her get gang raped in the novels
>>
>>13580902
>just so they can say 'zeon dindu nuffin char was a good boy feddies r evil xD

That isn't even remotely the point. Zeon are seen as desperate losers holding on to ghosts for the entire OVA.

Also FF is a good Char Clone because he is'nt actually a proper Char clone. He has none of Char's personality, he is just a "vessel" for spacenoid ideals, something Char tried to be but never actually could be.
>>
>>13590152
Humans can't be vessels, not even artificial ones!
>>
>>13582839

Energy ball Char, Amuro and Lalah had a discussion about it and Char said that he could " let that part of him go now"- FF embodied one aspect of Char, but was far from the whole. He wasn't the Char that anyone knew- just a fragment of him.
>>
>>13581059
Unicorn is my favorite, and I like every Gundam show that isn't Wing, IGLOO 2, or G-Reco. In other words, FUCK YOU NIGGA YOU TALKIN' BITCH-ASS TALK!
>>
>>13584579
>RAEP RAEP RAEP RAEP RAEP
>HAHA THERE'S LOTS OF RAPE THAT'S GOOD TRAGEDY RIGHT?
holy hell fukui is a godawful author
no wonder Tomino kicked him after reading the Turn A novelisations
>>
>>13590152
>Also FF is a good Char Clone because he is'nt actually a proper Char clone. He has none of Char's personality, he is just a "vessel" for spacenoid ideals, something Char tried to be but never actually could be.
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>13591851
>Unicorn is my favorite
> I like every Gundam show that isn't Wing, IGLOO 2, or G-Reco

And thanks for proving his point
>>
> Melanie Hue Carbine is a Jew who became a refugee due to conflicts in the middle east, and went to New Hong Kong to learn the ropes of business. His ultimate objective is to get all the people on Earth to move into space colonies, and take back the holy land of Israel for the Jews.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.