[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13
File: 1447017037335.jpg (1 MB, 1909x2702) Image search: [Google]
1447017037335.jpg
1 MB, 1909x2702
Come and talk and give your opinions on the show. What you liked and didn't like. BD soon, Kaixe Rho and I are working on them and should have them up whenever he decides to upload them.
>>
Here is the OST
https://mega.nz/#!tUtDHYxb!hJvYHpFuBKgCbx01MMHjyVqHlXDipo2XIFgAOqXcOQA
>>
>>13532924
I would take too many post to give my own opinion about the whole series and I almost I barely remember the whole series. Maybe I will post them later but in short: M3 Sonno Kuroki Hagane is perhaps a rock, it contains gems which are precious but it's also surrounded by nothing of value. M3's existence is a singularity in this universe, if we go that way, perhaps it should have never existed, but for some reason we have it and we like it. According to certain anon, M3 was supposed to be something complety different and because some productions problems the supposed to be called 'Magical Metal Mania' changed into what we have today. I still like you Okada.
>>
File: Mad Scientist.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mad Scientist.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>13533047
The story is kinda a mess but there are parts of it I liked. I really like all of the characters and love that they grow and mature as the series goes on.
>>
File: Cover2.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover2.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
I watched like 5 episodes and it didn't catch my attention (gave it a shot mostly because of May'n... lol) I'll try to finish once the bluray is up
>>
>>13532924
Am alive
Working on it
Pretty much finalized the settings I want to use, got the time down to 4-6 hours, more manageable, prepare for bloat like a motherfucker
>>
File: tsugumi is crazy.jpg (780 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
tsugumi is crazy.jpg
780 KB, 3000x2250
I loved it. I loved the story I loved the characters I loved the pace. I love that such a deliberate non pandering show can gate made. I love the fact that the drama was made by strong characters and not by people acting unreasonable for the sake of plot and I loved the take on UNDERSTANDING.
>>
>>13533047
>According to certain anon, M3 was supposed to be something complety different and because some productions problems the supposed to be called 'Magical Metal Mania' changed into what we have today.
Was his dad Okada?
>>
>>13534455
>and I loved the take on UNDERSTANDING.

Can you remind me? I'm in the mood for UNDERSTANDING stories 'cause of Fafner, but when I try to remember M3 I liked nothing about it.
>>
>>13534502

Short version

Just because you UNDERSTAND why someone hates you or is different doesn't mean you like them or hate them less.

Basically the problem with UNDERSTANDING is that it's only a mouth service. M3's point is that you have to talk to people, you have to actually reach out and make an effort. All the UNDERSTANDING int he universe is meaningless if you're not gonna do something about it.
>>
>>13534507
Words for our time...
>>
>>13534507
Also, connecting to others telepathically does not necessarily mean that you will understand them. It would just be another means of communication, and communication is a two-way street, both sides need to put in effort to talk things out.
>>
>>13534530

>why would I want to connect to a group of people who hate me!?
>>
>>13534507
I swear that's been a developing trend in a lot of shows lately.

Valvrave was a show that argued trust and cooperation is what matters, not merely comprehending/UNDERSTANDING the situation of one another's existence, to provide an example.
>>
File: frank-en-canada.jpg (21 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
frank-en-canada.jpg
21 KB, 590x333
im watching this now. and ive gotten to episode 21... Seriously what is the fucking point? Now this is what i have taken so far from the plot.... major spoilers

[Spoiler] Natsuiri has an idea that can connect everyone on earth with telepathy - is rejected by the science community. contemplates suicide when a telepath offers him her help. research is a success and he is funded, however requires more specimens, is brought to the telepaths home island, intensifies research as nearly everyone is a telepath and is driven mad by the quest for results - driving test subjects to suicide enmasse. finally dumped by the telepath... refuses her and kills her, makes the first alpha LIM. Islanders are killed off and forgotten to cover up unethical research. however before that they send out their "God" (The corpse) to take revenge on the outside world - sends 3 children and the corpse to Tokyo. they create the lightless zone - but are in there with 5-7 other children.... The instigator of the creation is later left alone and wants vengeance for feeling bretrayed by the other children - is in love with the Protag but was NTRd by her sister, feels resentment - the end? [/spoiler]

what is the fucking point of it all?
>>
>>13534968

Finish it up.
>>
>>13534968
Finish it all. It has a rewarding ending.
>>
>>13534968
>what is the fucking point of it all?
/m/emes
>>
I want to fuck Maamu, and her partner stinks.

That's about all I remember about this show.
>>
It was a piece of shit. Way too many flashbacks, seriously half the episodes had flashbacks to the same episode the flashback was even in and any actual mecha battles sucked. Not to mention the horror vibe just dissapeared at the start of the second cour.
>>
>>13536097
The Godfather II was practically half-flashbacks.
What's your point?
>>
>>13536110
The Godfather part 2 had awesome action scenes. M3 was boring as shit.
>>
>>13536116
Ok, but citing flashbacks as a negative is just silly.

I can actually get behind the rest.

Anime just doesn't do horror well, really serializations in general.

The only series that's kinda spooped me was Shiki, and the spookiness was over by episode 10 or so.
>>
>>13536131
The flashbacks in M3 were definitely a negative. I almost skipped one of the episodes because I thought it was a recap episode when it turned out it wasn't.
>>
File: UNDERSTANDING ver zexal.png (573 KB, 1059x596) Image search: [Google]
UNDERSTANDING ver zexal.png
573 KB, 1059x596
>>13534961
I think it's more a general trend in society. UNderstanding seems to have really emerged as a voice of optimism in the post-war era; that regardless of differences, people could get along. In the modern world, though we're a lot less trusting of this sense of optimism, as we can see in the recent refugee crisis, hardening stances on immigration, and various ongoing wars.

Although even then, I'm not sure how much this is a recent trend. I've recently finished reading Asimov's foundation trilogy, and I seem to recall the theme of understanding alone not being enough came up there as well. It's more likely understanding was always somewhat oversimplified by those who throw that term around. No matter the understanding, the Zabi's still had to die.
>>
What about the atmosphere in M3?
>>
>>13539515
It's probably the best aspect.
>>
>>13536214

It's more modern in regards to how we can perceive it within anime, even though UNDERSTANDING is, to be honest, not much more than an over exaggerated meme.

Personally I liked how it was tackled some ways into Yukikaze, where by the second book the JAM essentially comes out and establishes the whole conflict of the series to be very much intentional and very much a means to advance its own ends, even as it remains a cryptic and incomprehensible entity to mankind. It paints the picture that even if you could understand the opposition, it doesn't rule out their being a conscious aggressor.
>>
>>13534181
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with some things on my end but I will get the 2nd episode subs done and shipped out hopefully today.
>>
>>13534181
Here's the 2nd episode subs and chapters. How are you coming along?
https://mega.nz/#!KY4XxAgQ!8HcrsLpPuyGGN37ZvLmikQ1bUuyTTL8K2bjcqmiti_o
>>
Just rewatched the first episode, and it really feels much stronger now that I can look at it with a sense of what the series ultimately is. I remember on the first watch, I kept trying to pigeon-hole it into something more familiar. Trying to fit the characters into known archetypes, trying to understand IX in the context of Nerv from eva or Terra in Rahxephon. It really just makes me appreciate even more how unusual this series was.
>>
>>13542699
It's a very character driven show, I think it stands out greatly for that.
>>
>>13542699
Maybe we should rewatch M3 again or at least have an stream.
>>
>>13542738
I'd like that. Can we do it once the rips are finished perhaps?
>>
>>13542699
I rewatched the first episode a while back and was impressed with how the end directly contrasts Akashi's actions at the end of the show after his character arc.
>>
>>13542802
I guess if someone wants to stream it. But that would be counter productive to watch a stream of a BD.
>>
>>13542852
I was thinking so because I'll have more time in a few weeks.
>>
>>13542865
Well we could maybe do it during the last week of the year. There is nothing airing then for about a week so it would work. Should we keep it only /m/ or should we invite /a/?
>>
>>13542946
/m/a/-vess stream could be fun, I doubt more than a handful of people would show up anyways.
>>
>>13532924

I liked the show very much. Different, great atmosphere, cool mecha, unusual concept... The ending was a little TOO happy, but otherwise very glad with how it turned out.
>>
Nice to see the one thread I made a week or two back blossomed forth actual discussion and actual content being subbed.

I may give the series a second binge-watch once the BDs are out.
>>
I'd like to watch the BD's with you guys.
>>
>>13536214
>It's more likely understanding was always somewhat oversimplified by those who throw that term around.

More or less. UNDERSTANDING became a tool for lazy writers to present their mass-murdering hero figure as morally superior, because they were fighting for peace or whatever. Only rarely did any show actually take the step to have UNDERSTANDING actually end the conflict, and with the exception of Macross that almost always was stupid as hell.

UNDERSTANDING was just a flavor of the year version of 'I FIGHT FOR ME FRIENDS' or 'THE POWER OF LOVE', a complex motivation boiled down to its most basic meme because the writers wanted the credit for including it but didn't want to have to put in the work of actually writing something good.

Thats the difference between UNDERSTANDING as a plot point and shows (like M3, Macross, etc) where complex relationships between people/opposing sides actually get exploration and discussion in the hopes of finding a better way. Not "STOP FIGHTING *fires directly into a group of enemy soldiers* WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING *kills enemy commander* WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER!"
>>
>>13544179

I remember a scene in Gundam Wing that really put me off watching the rest of the series for months

Quatre first gets introduced and he is literally surrounded. He's got one unit and he's telling everyone to stand down and then acts surprised when the people who for all intents had the tactical edge refused and then whined that they made him kill them
>>
>>13534961
>Valvrave
>the show that ended in a witch hunt
>>
>>13545892
Yes, trust and cooperation builds bonds, and doing shifty shadow conspiracy shit just makes people chimp out and bite back when they find out they've been rused.
>>
>>13544056
:3
>>
>>13545892
>what is an example of what not to do
>>
>>13545924
To be fair, the only reason the protagonists didn't spill the beans about the Valvraves was because their leader was too busy having every fucking bad thing happen to him and him alone. That kind of warps your decision making process.
>>
>>13539551
Speaking of Yukikaze is the third book translated yet?
>>
>>13545892
>>13545924
>>13548611
>>13548643
Yeah, in valvrave, secret actions and a lack of communication cause bad things to happen. Then again, in valvrave, just about everything causes bad things to happen, so it's not all that relevant overall.
>>
>>13548676
Yeah but just because life is shit doesn't mean you should be a shit to everyone else.
>>
>>13548676
Haruto just wanted to protect his friends.
How did everything go so horribly wrong?
>>
>>13548728
The writers constantly shat on him and ensured he always fucked up and got the shit end of the stick.
>>
>>13548765
But he persevered.

A stark contrast from the early magius who just gave up and decided to take control from the shadows.

How did the halfsies line go again? I'm sure it's relevant in explaining the idea.
>>
>>13548775
>But he persevered.
Well, he wound up dead after losing all his memories because his mecha fed on them, so he didn't really get any pay off for that.
>>
File: WEG Haruto.jpg (393 KB, 1600x727) Image search: [Google]
WEG Haruto.jpg
393 KB, 1600x727
>>13548765
Haruto was a good person, but he made a massive amount of mistakes and had outrageously bad luck.
Keeping the whole vampire affair secret from Shouko and other upper Module 77 members who weren't in on it was probably the worst mistake. He did not go halfsies on the thing. Always go halfsies.
>>
I'm not sure if I wanna go wait for the subbed BDs or just download the whole series that's already out. What are the differences between the BD and the TV release anyway?

Also, the soundtrack has helped me in my daily commute. Re-remember is very relaxing to listen to and I guess I agree with the thing mentioned in the last thread that it and ego-izm are the better OP/ED pair than Replica/Sable, but even then the latter is pretty good (particularly, Sable).
>>
>>13551017
No changes as far as I have seen or expect between the TV and the BD version except the quality is better for the BD.
>>
>>13551262
>except the quality is better for the BD
That's hardly ever the case.
>>
>>13551017
Sable is very catchy.

Helps that its lyrics are english.

>YOU LOSE YOUR MIND
>YOU CRASH
>NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
>>
>>13551293
wew lad.
>>
>>13551017
I will wait for the BD and rewatch M3 again.
>>
>>13544179
I don't see the difference. Understanding is so generic and repeated that it is fun just to see how a show will handle it, no point over analyzing it.
>>
>>13551316

I think I could easily become a Nano fan
>>
>>13553085
I enjoyed how Okada handled the UNDERSTANDING.
>>
>>13553085

well that's the thing. M3 actually handled it. Most other shows just say WE CAN UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER IF WE TRY! and then the badguy dies as he challenges the hero to live up to his boasts and he says you can count on it cut to end credits the day is saved and everything is wrapped up with a bow.

M3 actually took the steps to SHOW people come together.
>>
>>13555543
Damn. I should rewatch it again.
>>
>>13555561

pay attention to the only pair who actually talk shit out and confide each other and watch how they're the only ones who get through this shit unscathed

Any other show would let misunderstanding cause drama but Iwato and Raika make sure there's no ambiguity or confusion.

>If only I had a MA-vess
>A MA-vess huh..
>NO! I didn't mean it. I need you more than I need that. I seriously couldn't take it if you became a LIM.
>>
>>13534181
You alive?
>>
>>13555632
>people talking about their problems each other
>get finally understanding as a human beans
I will forever love Okada for this.
>>
>>13555982
I have gone through 29 different variations of the opening theme to find the optimal settings
Perfectionism is killing me
Send help
>>
>>13553085
Because there is no difference, all cases /m/ hated UNDERSTANDING are just exaggeration of the same deal and they seem to gloss over the fact that not everyone will comply and that there's more to it than just getting what the other person is feeling, as to why M3 fags believe that it's the only show to get it right, when all it does is offer a other strawman, is beyond me.
>>
>>13560193
I think the only time understanding is bad is when it's just rushed like aldnoah zero "oh fuck episode 24 is coming up time to write an ending", but if it's done alright I don't mind what kind of understanding it is, I think its fun how many shows just do slight twists on the understanding theme, it's fun to compare them like that.
>>
>>13560202
The point of A/Z wasn't UNDERSTANDING because they did fuck all with the concept throughout its run, it was about breaking a character down until he was "zero" thus beginning, yes its complete horseshit made up by the director and the show was a huge waste of time but it never tried to present a conclusion that meant both sides would understand each other rather one side would just submit. M3 was about UNDERSTANDING and it carried out that theme throughout the show with its cast and conflict.
>>
AWotT is fucking awful
>>
>>13560152
Jesus man, I thought you had it down a while ago. The show goes from bright to dark quite often so it would be harder to find the right settings. We are not in a hurry so take your time.
>>
I fucking love Mari Okada.
>>
I didn't like the eps I watched before I dropped it. I like some the fans in these threads even less. Not that the latter influenced the former, as the show itself is perfectly capable in driving me away.
>>
>>13564535
I was among the people who did drop it and picked it up again and it really wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but if you did drop it its well worth finishing its best to just ignore the overzealous fans its merely okay and not some underrated masterpiece.
>>
>>13564571
No thank you. See, before I dropped it, I resisted the urge and ended up watching one more ep, and later hated myself for it.

I can live with the disapproval of random fucks somewhere on the other side of the globe, but I cannot live with doing this to myself again.
>>
>>13564621
>Not being a /m/asochist
What are you doing with your life
>>
>>13560152
If the thread dies then make one once you have several episodes encoded.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.