[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey what does /m/ think of Aldnoah.Zero?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 22
File: Aldnoah 1.jpg (255 KB, 2046x1050) Image search: [Google]
Aldnoah 1.jpg
255 KB, 2046x1050
Hey what does /m/ think of Aldnoah.Zero?
>>
Better than trainwrecko.
>>
File: salty.jpg (30 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
30 KB, 625x626
>>13520722
>>
File: 1445004492662.png (788 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
1445004492662.png
788 KB, 1305x892
>>
File: Pepe 1.jpg (6 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
Pepe 1.jpg
6 KB, 225x224
>>13520732
OP here
>mfw not even bait
>>
>>13520722
That's some pretty cool concept art, at least.
>>
>>13520739
I enjoyed it Op.
>>
File: image.png (358 KB, 840x1065) Image search: [Google]
image.png
358 KB, 840x1065
>>13520754
At least they didn't go to waste, I was pleased to see the areion in IBO
>>
The setting had a lot of potential, but the plot itself feels like it was written by a teenage kid who thinks that's too smart to be in middle school because he watches a lot of anime.
>>
File: 0987654.jpg (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
0987654.jpg
45 KB, 554x439
>>13520722
>meant to top Gundam
>ended up as bad as Seed
It was ok
>>
File: 1301053409561.png (137 KB, 431x242) Image search: [Google]
1301053409561.png
137 KB, 431x242
>this thread again
>>
>>13520722

Fuck you all, I loved Aldnoah Zero.
>>
It was OK.

just OK.
>>
I could have forgiven everything if the fights weren't fucking garbage with a middle schooler's understanding of physics and five minutes looking up cool words on Wikipedia per episode.
>>
>>13520722
I thought it was cool the first 3 episodes when they used phones and tablets.

Though I question how they managed to use google earth when the military lost their GPS satellites.
>>
No worse than the average Gundam, really.
>>
>>13521202
I didn't mind Slaine's fights in the first half of the second season in space, but everything looked even worse in space then on earth.
>>
>>13520722
I liked the Earth mechs
>>
I'm waiting for the sequel, Aldnoah.One.
>>
File: 1280x720-mfq.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-mfq.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>13521396
>>
>>13521226
Why can't you fuck off, /co/?
>>
File: 1447896913945.gif (985 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
1447896913945.gif
985 KB, 500x272
>>13521772
>>
>>13520817
yeah newfag here, I wasn't into mecha when A/Z came out and I thought that design was the shit, especially dat orange one. Although all the other designs were pretty shitty. obviously I've seen more gundam and other mecha since then, but the graze was cool because of how similar it was, I was really happy.

>>13521008
I watched SEED and SEED Destiny in the break between the 2 A/Z seasons and it was hilarious how much A/Z stole from them.
>>
literally one of the best mecha shows not just in the recent past of ALL time.
Only people with souls weighed down by gravity fail to comprehends the sheer majesty in every single frame
>>
>>13521396
Retard, it's gonna be Aldnoah.Stay Night: Unlimited Eye Works
>>13521772
He's still right.
>>13522309
Senjougahara seems like the type to watch A.Z
>>
>>13520722
It was shit but in a "so bad it's good" kind of way. Couldn't stop laughing when watching S2, especially at super-bionic-sharingan-garystu-Inagod.
>>
>>13520722
Total fucking garbage. One of the worse 0079 ripoffs we've had in recent years. Would be utterly forgettable if not for its shocking publicity campaign.
>>
>>13522462
>It was shit but in a "so bad it's good" kind of way
No it was just shit.
>>
>>13522470
Of course it was utter shit.
I'm just saying that I could bear watching it ironically. Maybe that's just me and my shittaste though.
>>
>>13522558
>watching it ironically.
Consider suicide
>Maybe that's just me and my shittaste though.
Bingo
>>
>>13520722
I've never seen a show in the recent years that was so committed in taking its audience for complete idiots.
The show threw everything it could each episosde, and the audience kept swallowing it like the retards they are. It wasn't even fun, the plot was so stupid but took iteslf so seriously that you were wondering if the staff had some sort of collective mental disorder.

Code Geass made me laugh, Valvrave made me laugh, G-reco made me laugh. A/Z made me angry.
>>
>>13521844
>I watched SEED and SEED Destiny in the break between the 2 A/Z seasons and it was hilarious how much A/Z stole from them.

SEED didn't introduce anything new.

A.Z said it was going to be different set itself up to be different then decided to be generic and poorly done.
>>
good mech designs
good osts
bad in everything else
>>
>>13526249
>good mech designs
Where?
>>
>>13526255
I liked the Sleipnir.
>>
>>13526339
yup, me too, only that one though.
>>
File: 1422534658548.png (84 KB, 354x271) Image search: [Google]
1422534658548.png
84 KB, 354x271
I want to marry Wheels.
>>
>>13526249
>good mech designs
>good osts
Well that's a load of shit
>>
>>13526699
the OST pretty much carried the show
>>
>>13526702
...if this was your first Sawano then maybe
>>
>>13526702
How does it feel to have shit taste? The OST was as bland as Sawano's other works after Unicorn and the music direction was repetitive as shit.
>>
>>13526660
puffy hime > Shithime
>>
>let's rip off Gundam.
>let's make a Char like character and put him in a shitty situation so he can be likable
>let's make him do a 180 half way trough
>let's make him act out of character
>how about a colony/axis/moon drop
>said Char clone get's the worst possible ending
>hurr durr, save him BY BLAMING EVERYTHING ON HIM, and putting him in jail. NOT EVEN A CLEAN DEATH.

>inaho has NO character, and acts like a walking textbook, or some kind of god that always wins with no effort
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJy-G4ETZk [Embed] NO SWEAT FFS, STEALTH, THUNDER AND QUANTUM
>princess is stupid and annoying
>other princess get's ignored.
>the crew is shit
>plot armor and fake deaths everywhere
>NO ONE DIES
>only 2 good characters get neglected (ptsd instructor and the captain that lost her brother and blames it on the ptsd guy)
>random 3rd guy runs off with the Princess
>the two sides become peaceful trade partners

This was the anime that disappointed me the most, i was expecting a ww1 ish setting, you know an heir dies and empires declare war.
It's the only anime i can say i really hate.
>>
File: 1426480490119.png (1 MB, 627x1500) Image search: [Google]
1426480490119.png
1 MB, 627x1500
>>13526784
The show actually acknowledges that Hime would ruin the show.
>>
>>13520722
2/5
-some of the fights were cool
-some of the songs were nice
-in general: wasted potential
>>
>>13526802
>ptsd instructor and the captain that lost her brother and blames it on the ptsd guy
Those two were fucking shit and hilariously one-not.
>>
>>13526852
What i meant to say is they had some potential.
>>
>>13526857
I thought ptsd would have been a good mc.

Biggest problem with the character was that he was shoved to the side.
>>
File: 21849977271_fa476d0508_o.jpg (4 MB, 4928x3280) Image search: [Google]
21849977271_fa476d0508_o.jpg
4 MB, 4928x3280
>>
>>13526892
METAL GEAR?
>>
>>13520722
magick can't beat science.
>>
>>13526726
>>13526724
Even Sawano being lazy as fuck makes a better OST than the average anime.
>>
>>13526802
You already posted that shit before: >>13429972

>And i am making this my own pasta from now on
You're a miserable fucking idiot and the cancer that's killing /m/. Only to maintain the rhythm, I will repeat the reply I gave you then:

>let's make a Char like character and put him in a shitty situation so he can be likable
Slaine is absolutely nothing like Char (or any Char clone that I can think of), except for the blonde hair.

>said Char clone get's the worst possible ending
>hurr durr, save him BY BLAMING EVERYTHING ON HIM, and putting him in jail. NOT EVEN A CLEAN DEATH.
This is a good thing. Why is it necessary to kill all the bad guys at the end of the series? Having Slaine in jail for his crimes serves as penitence. Killing him off would be too easy, too soft and too cliché, to be honest.

>how about a colony/axis/moon drop
What the fuck are you talking about? There was nothing of that sort (at least not at the strategic level that a colony drop implies).

>NO ONE DIES
Again, a good thing: mecha anime in general makes a habit of killing too many characters. I think that this is you stroking your edgy fetish by wanting to see half of the Deucalion's crew being killed, just to kill someone off and trim the cast a bit. And no, "it's a war" is not a freaking excuse. In most cases, it's drama for drama's sake.
Even in Mobile Suit Gundam, only one crew member of the White Base got killed off. The rest were tertiary cast members from both factions.

>fake deaths everywhere
Apart from the first cour's finale, I don't remember "fake deaths everywhere" at all. If you want to talk about that, look at freaking Cross Ange.
>>
>>13520722

Ambitious but rubbish
>>
>>13527060
>makes a better OST than the average anime.
Not even close
>>
>>13527088
Hey look its that sole A/Z defender!
>>13527060
This is a joke right? Only blind Sawano worshipers believe this.
>>
File: 1447944082927.jpg (28 KB, 442x330) Image search: [Google]
1447944082927.jpg
28 KB, 442x330
>>13527106
>Ambitious
>Generic mecha plot #98536258
>>
>>13527060
Hell to the fuck no, Sawano has been terrible for a while now and even his name isn't making hits anymore.
>>
>>13527088
>Slaine is absolutely nothing like Char (or any Char clone that I can think of), except for the blonde hair.
Traitorous ace pilot? Personality is different though.

>This is a good thing. Why is it necessary to kill all the bad guys at the end of the series? Having Slaine in jail for his crimes serves as penitence. Killing him off would be too easy, too soft and too cliché, to be honest.

He isn't serving for his crimes he is accused of crimes he didn't commit. Also if we are going for justice most of the cast should be in prison.

>What the fuck are you talking about? There was nothing of that sort (at least not at the strategic level that a colony drop implies).

There were the landing castles, but they weren't individually on the same scale.

>Even in Mobile Suit Gundam, only one crew member of the White Base got killed off. The rest were tertiary cast members from both factions.

Maybe it the lack of character deaths felt different from the setting. Or it just didn't give the feeling that there were super robots that were supposed to make the battles seem like they were a one sided slaughter.

I guess the real problem was the fights lacked impact and the show tried to take itself seriously.

>Apart from the first cour's finale, I don't remember "fake deaths everywhere" at all. If you want to talk about that, look at freaking Cross Ange.
It was an easy way out of a dramatic scene.

>>13527210
>Hey look its that sole A/Z defender!
He brought up a few valid points.
>>
>>13527210
>Hey look its that sole A/Z defender!
I told you before that I HATED A/Z's shitpile of a story, but your bullshit is even worse.

>>13527368
>He brought up a few valid points.
Thanks, dude.

>Traitorous ace pilot?
Not even that. Slaine was lower than a serf in Vers' society. He got inside a mecha because of circumstances.

>He isn't serving for his crimes he is accused of crimes he didn't commit.
And Al Capone got nabbed for tax law instead of bootlegging. What's your point?

>but they weren't individually on the same scale.
Exactly. Tactical, not strategic in nature, which is what a colony drop is all about: massive planetary devastation.

>I guess the real problem was the fights lacked impact and the show tried to take itself seriously.
The idea for A/Z was "real robots against super robots", but the way it got solved was unsatisfactory, with Inaho winning every time thanks to asspulls dressed up as physics and making the rest of the UFE look like incompetent morons, even the members of his own unit.
>>
>>13527088
>I think that this is you stroking your edgy fetish by wanting to see half of the Deucalion's crew being killed, just to kill someone off and trim the cast a bit. And no, "it's a war" is not a freaking excuse

Or, heaven forbid, he wants the protagonist's faction to also suffer loss, so that it might prompt character growth and a change in circumstances.

Not a single Earth character of any importance died in this apparent cataclysmic war, not a one, and for all the grief that mooks were given, Inaho was so absurdly competent that most of the time the Earth saps barely had to worry about anything when he figured out the Martian of the week's fatal flaw. There were so many characters whose respective existences were superfluous that you could easily have killed them or otherwise removed them from the story, and in so doing you'd at least give them some importance.

For instance, what the hell was Rayet's entire purpose after the first season when she had all her important drama scenes to herself? Even Marito didn't fare much better.

Wanting characters to die is not some desire to 'stroke an edgy fetish', character death and the associating shock, grief, development, whatever else, it's something that is almost a staple of fiction that focuses on war.
>>
>>13527455
>Or, heaven forbid, he wants the protagonist's faction to also suffer loss, so that it might prompt character growth and a change in circumstances.
>character death and the associating shock, grief, development, whatever else, it's something that is almost a staple of fiction that focuses on war.
It's not like Inaho was affected by anything happening around him (even a terrorist missile attack), so this argument you are making is worthless.

>Not a single Earth character of any importance died in this apparent cataclysmic war, not a one
That's the plot's fault for focusing all their attention in this small group of characters, utterly forgetting that there was a worldwide war going around.
Back to Mobile Suit Gundam, at least the plot remembered that the rest of the EF was there to curbstomp Zeon during Odessa, Solomon and A Baoa Qu. There was none of that in A/Z.
Even SEED, with its idiotic turning of the Earth Alliance to a one-dimensional villain faction and other stupid crap like the Windam having zero on-screen kills (dying in dozens despite them being basically MP Strike Gundams), at least remembered that the Earth Alliance was there a lot more than the forgetfulness A/Z has for the wider UFE.

>Inaho was so absurdly competent that most of the time the Earth saps barely had to worry about anything when he figured out the Martian of the week's fatal flaw.
I already argued that (one of the worst things of A/Z in general) in the post right above yours.
>>
>>13527452
>Not even that. Slaine was lower than a serf in Vers' society. He got inside a mecha because of circumstances.
He really had no similarities in S1, but he did betray and kill his superior whom he had planned to kill for a while and he was a good pilot. I think Char clone has become pretty vacuous term.

>And Al Capone got nabbed for tax law instead of bootlegging. What's your point?

They didn't blame the biggest massacre in history on Al Capone.
Crime he was accused of was several times worse than what he committed and everyone else had committed a crime by the end.

I was disagreeing that what the show was doing was justice. Not killing the villain is fine and punishing him worse than he deserved is fine.
>>
>>13527514
>but he did betray and kill his superior whom he had planned to kill for a while
That scene was pretty stupid. Why kill the guy in such an overdone manner? Why couldn't they just leave the guy dead at the end of the first cour, instead of bringing him back for a couple of episodes, only to kill him then?
>>
>>13527561
Explain how Slaine was able to gain power when earlier declared a traitor.
>>
>>13527218
>>13527210
>>13527204
Compared to the dime-a-dozen anime we see in those obnoxious seasonal charts, Sawano's soundtrack work (even while rethreading Unicorn) is a lot better than the utterly forgettable crap that passes for average OSTs these days.
>>
>>13527566
>Explain how Slaine was able to gain power when earlier declared a traitor.
They could've done all of that BEFORE the end of the first cour.
>>
File: icameheretolaughatyou.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
icameheretolaughatyou.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>13527214

I'm referring to how the creators were going on about how they would "surpass Gundam" and the circlejerking that went on about the all-star staff before the show aired, did you ever read that English synopsis on how we should "go meet Aldnoah.Zero"?
>>
>>13527573
>I'm referring to how the creators were going on about how they would "surpass Gundam"
Wasn't that just some random idiot from Twitter?

>the circlejerking that went on about the all-star staff before the show aired
- Urobuchi jumped ship early on to go work on Bug Rider, leaving the position of head writer to the person that wrote Boku no Pico (that isn't a joke).
- The only large projects Ei Aoki did before Aldnoah/Zero were a couple of Type-Moon adaptations and Girls Bravo (shitty harem ecchi manga adaptation).
- Character designer didn't do anything before.
- Mechanical designer (whoever "I-IV" was supposed to be) didn't do anything before.
>>
>>13527568
>Sawano's soundtrack work (even while rethreading Unicorn) is a lot better than the utterly forgettable crap that passes for average OSTs these days.
But the soundtracks for Nanatsu no Taiza, Owari no Seraph and Aldnoah Zero were entirely forgettable.
>>
>>13527568
>Sawano's soundtrack work (even while rethreading Unicorn) is a lot better than the utterly forgettable crap that passes for average OSTs these days.
Irony enough there's no standouts in his recent offerings.
>>
>>13520722
the ending was stupid
>>
>>13520722
The same way we feel about all A-1 picture shows. Absolutely hating them.
>>
File: 1424017422601.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1424017422601.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
The brief moment where I was genuinely hyped for the series was when Slaine was playing the Game of Thrones.

If only Hime had died. We could have had an entire season of that.
>>
shitposters pretty much work 24/7 looking for A/Z threads

you are better off going elsewhere to discuss it
>>
>>13520722
I would've liked it better if the S2 didn't take everything that was bad about the first season and make it even worse.
>>
>>13528209
Hindsight kills those episodes nothing said in any of them goes anywhere. They really should have had more time building up Slaine and his faction.

Slaine could of had a few more achievements to make him the dominant figure in the orbital knights than just one battle.

Although this would of required more time which from what I saw probably would have just been wasted and them to actually develop side characters which it gave up on in the first season.
>>
>>13520722
It's okay. I'll take a super MC that gets shit done over the useless ones we so often get in mecha.

>>13521008
Who said it was meant to top Gundam?
>>
>>13528839
>I'll take a super MC that gets shit done over the useless ones we so often get in mecha
Found the newshit
>>
>>13528508
>I would've liked it better if the S2 didn't take everything that was bad about the first season and make it even worse.
And this, fellas, proves that A/Z = SEED:
>>
>>13528839
>Who said it was meant to top Gundam?
Some PR guy that people take too seriously
>>
>>13528866
>You don't align with my opinion, so you must be a newfag!
Oh, please. I'd expect this kind of shit arguing on /a/, but not /m/.
>>
>>13528869
>>13527088
>PR Guy

It was the fucking president of A-1
>>
>>13528876
>>13528839
Given how fucking shitty characters like Kira, Kirito and Tatsuya are then yeah you are a newshit for saying such stupid ass shit.
>>
>>13528839
>>13521196
>I-i-i-i-i-i-t's okay guise

What a convincing argument.
>>
>>13528900
>argument

OP asked what they thought of it, and they answered. What part of that is an argument, you nitwit?
>>
File: Two Mary Sues.jpg (676 KB, 1067x1512) Image search: [Google]
Two Mary Sues.jpg
676 KB, 1067x1512
>>13528893
Those three are shitty characters because they're obnoxious, self-righteous Mary Sues.
Inaho is a badly written character because he has zero personality and is apparently the only one, in the entirety of the UFE, who's able to beat the Martians in combat. That doesn't make him directly comparable to Kira, Kirito or Tatstuya.

Also, only one of those is an /m/ character, dumbass. Are you just arguing based on that one 'shop that circulates around?
>>
>>13528930
>only one of those is an /m/ character
Reminder, /m/ - Memes
>>
>>13528942
What? What the fuck are you saying here?
Gundam SEED is a mecha anime. SAO and Mahouka aren't.
>>
File: 2cgkh3l.png (284 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2cgkh3l.png
284 KB, 640x360
>>13528930
>Mahouka
>not /m/
>>
>>13528946
A mecha anime is anything that's mechanical dumbass it doesn't just involve giant robots why do you think we have Star Trek threads or anything dealing with scifi?
>>
File: gU9uke1.jpg (1022 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
gU9uke1.jpg
1022 KB, 4000x3000
>>13528950
Hm. Anyway, I really don't remember any threads about it back when it aired posted around here. Just /a/ going absolutely berserk.
>>
>>13528956
>why do you think we have Star Trek threads or anything dealing with scifi?
Because the moderators are faggots and won't create proper boards for science fiction and/or tokusatsu, so we can all here go back to just talking about giant robot anime/videogames.
>>
>>13528957
There was some threads in regards to comparing Tatsuya to Kira but not much else probably because the show was boring as shit. Of course /a/ liked it because of incest and waifufaggotry.
>>
>>13528876
>You don't align with my opinion, so you must be a newfag!
Sadly, that attitude of rampant elitism is becoming prevalent in this board. Look at the way people jump at the sole mention that anyone dared to enjoy this anime's soundtrack.

What happened to /m/? How did it get radicalized so quickly? When did these dipshits take over the debate?
>>
>>13529007
>Someone praises shit
>wonders why he gets jumped
>>
>>13520722

My problem with this show is that I felt it didn't go all the way. More, it kept falling back on the same shit it was trying to address.

For instance, grunt robots versus super robots, using tactics to take on the vastly more powerful machines? They threw that out of the window, when it became clear that Inaho could solo the entire enemy army on his own. He really didn't need anyone else, except for a few rare occasions.

Slaine going from wuss to deadly political operator? Well, that fell apart right quick, didn't it? He was still obsessed with the Princess.

The Peace Princess solving everything? In the end, she STILL was completely instrumental to the solution. More, she didn't even have the courtesy to pull a Lalah Sune and die then stay dead. She was a plot tumor in every sense of the word.

If I'd been the one to script S2 (the rot only sets in during S2) I'd have killed off everyone in the final gunfight except for Slaine. Slaine uses the Tharsis to rally the surviving rebel forces, shows the Princess's dead body to the Emperor, and is granted a provisionary lordship to take revenge on earth. (Because the Emperor's pissed.)

Meanwhile, the Deucalion crew is still recovering from the loss of Inaho, but the capture of the Orbital Fortress means that the earth forces have jury-rigged weapons that are effective against Martian Kataphrakts.

Ideally, the war would become a nasty, dragging quagmire and end with Martian forces getting a toe-hold on Earth. Peace, for now - But there's inevitably going to be an even more awful war further down the line.

I personally think that Inaho does have to survive in this outline so the two of them can destroy each other. You know, an exceptionally bitter Char-Amuro rivalry ("You killed her!" "No, *you* killed her, you son of a bitch. It's *your* fucking fault!" "No, that was *you*!) with none of the camaraderie.
>>
>>13528866
>useless ones we so often get in mecha
where? give me the name of those useless MC in recent mecha anime
>>
Too navel-gazy.

I don't want a conversation between two cute girls to be about a stand-in for immigration for fucks sake.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>13529178
>give me the name of those useless MC in recent mecha anime
Amata, Mikono, that shithead from Comet Lucifer
>>
>>13529040
The fact that you think that result is just a natural consequence is really concerning.
>>
>>13530636
Its pretty common on /m/ to hate on anything you don't agree with even if it all comes down to personal taste.
>>
>>13530636
Not really. Do you expect people to not react if someone said they liked GSD?
>>
>>13531241
I would hope they would try to ignore it.
>>
File: topkek.png (345 KB, 821x542) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
345 KB, 821x542
Obligatory
>>
File: lemrina was right.jpg (436 KB, 1280x2160) Image search: [Google]
lemrina was right.jpg
436 KB, 1280x2160
>>
>>13529040
See? This is what I'm talking about. There is no debate, just flinging of insults to anyone who disagrees with the opinion of the loudest clique.
>>
>>13532277
You realize you're on 4chan.
>>
>>13532277
Okay then, why is the OST which is just an uninspired rehash of Unicorn with none of the memorable or good tracks, good?
>>
>>13532402
Which tracks look like which tracks? At which time? How exactly are they similar? That's an insult anyone is capable of, but can you defend it or are you going to quietly walk away behind a wall of green text?
>>
File: 46279480_p0.png (777 KB, 1158x1508) Image search: [Google]
46279480_p0.png
777 KB, 1158x1508
>>13520722
Not enough martians were removed. S2 was absolutely terrible. Would view it was an average show if not for that second half.
Also these two were cute as fuck.
>>
>>13531737
Faggot could always kill himself with the necklace. Or just allahu akbar in the base and not expect everyone else to kill him for him.
>>
>>13532402
As I said, it's better than the average anime's soundtrack that comes out every season. It has energy, it's well orchestrated and the vocal themes are great. If so many people have mentioned the soundtrack as a strong point of the series, then it means your argument doesn't work except as a personal insult; which at this point it's starting to look like mouth-frothing anger at anyone who disagrees with you.

Also, what >>13532413 said.
>>
>>13532537
I do like the idea of having him alive as penitence for his crimes. Haven't any of you considered that killing off a villain is going too easy on him? It's not punishment for anything.
>>
>>13532951
You realize that the guy who started the war and plotted the assassination is dead.

Slaine's crimes are betraying a man who orchestrated a genocidal war, imprisoning a princess who threatened him, and betraying a monarchy that systematically abused its populace based its ability to use space magic.

Inaho was involved in hiding an important enemy vip. He disobeyed orders and released a pow.

Entire earth cast was involved in sabotaging a covert military action.

Earth government blamed blowing up the moon on Vers.

Hime blamed orbital knights crimes on Slaine.

The idea of penitence is fine but the show ignored half the crimes, because it wouldn't be a happy ending.
>>
>>13520722
Robots were stupid looking, seemed like a ripoff off Gundam, but it was entertaining. Decent OST
>>
It feels like the creators decided to make a smash-hit mecha series, sat down and watched a few popular shows (Evangelion, SEED, Destiny, Code Geass is what I generally feel) then proceeded to throw in elements from each of those and called it a day.
>>
I just treated it as a "commercial show" with big names involved. It had some pretty scenes and Yuki-nee was top cute. It was still bad, I only watched it for Slaine.
>>
>>13532921
>If so many people have mentioned the soundtrack as a strong point of the series,
Actually we didn't and as many people we have saying the soundtrack was good there's just as many saying that it was bad.. In every fucking A/Z when the soundtrack gets brought up everyone brings up the fact that its a copypasta from the Unicorn soundtrack which diminshes its quality and the only people who praises it are newshits like you.
>>
>>13532277
>No argument
Whelp
>>13532921
>As I said, it's better than the average anime's soundtrack that comes out every season.
And as I said you're wrong and obviously having indulged in all of anime soundtracks to make such an ignorant statement

> It has energy, it's well orchestrated and the vocal themes are great.
What does any of this mean? You're not actually explaining what makes it good you're just saying "because" and this is the same sort of shit Sawano newfags do, they see his name attached and automatically think its good.
>If so many people have mentioned the soundtrack as a strong point of the series, then it means your argument doesn't work except as a personal insult
In this very thread more people are saying its shitand only has a few good tracks then saying its outright good, you're the only jackass saying so.
>>13532526
>Two shitty ass characters
Please fuck off. It's amazing how flap the Earth characters were in this show.
>>
>>13520722
At first I thought it was shit but then I saw the truth.

I was wrong A.Z is actually a deep philosophical metaphor for modern mediocrity in the entertainment industry. It's highlighting how mecha anime has become a parody and regurgitation of earlier works and how nothing original or good is made because all that matters is money.
>>
I wonder why everybody gets buttblasted over the music like they have something to prove.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.